Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack (18067 Views)

Army Flags Off ‘Exercise Sahel Sanity’ To Stop The Current Spate Of Banditry / SARS Operatives In Mufti Pose With Their Rifles, Come Under Fire After / Makoko Is Under Attack; Two Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Tedpgrass: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2019
LegendHero:
Sorry OP for what happened to you.

But I think you’re profiling those guys here and looking at this through an ethnic biased mindset.

It’s a normal thing for Okada drivers and Taxi drivers to rally around and support themselves irrespective of whether their members are right or wrong. It’s not unique to any tribe or religious association.

Either they are Yorubas, Igbos, or Hausa, most of them will always toe the path of their member because they know if it’s their turn tomorrow those guys will show the same solidarity.

While I agree with you that some of the okada northerners are hostile, on drugs, and most times dogmatic such that they don’t like shifting ground, I can also tell you there are some that are friendly, down to earth, and truthful.

If it had happened in the East, with an Hausa man in your situation surrounded by Igbo Okada riders, what do you think would have happened? In all honesty, don’t you think they will toe the same path?

Don't think so..

There's herd mentality and

There's chronic illiteracy with a dogmatic undertone.

Yes they would have gathered initially but upon appeal, moreso at the clinic, given the "perpetrator" was a woman... there might have been a change of attitude....

This is one area where Mc Oluomo's boys should nip this in the bud,.. b4 Afenifere politicise things once things get to a head and there's no going back...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Omoluabi16(m): 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
Sanity logic and common sense stopped a long time ago. It now feels like your collision was the most pleasant part of your experience. It's not anger I feel but fear. The trader beheaded in kano, or the nursing mother killed back then in one of those northern States perished because of no common sense. Or those innocent beninoise girls dehumanized by those OPC guys, that one actually died from trauma. What if you were alone..or it was a little darker? Or the foolish bikeman insisted you took his mobile phone when he crashed? Being a woman, you would have been good sport for the mob. Sadly most of these bikemen are too young, unfit to drive or always high on drugs.But if you hit them ehn, your car might be the least thing you lose. This is the Nigerian system people are fighting tooth and nail to keep.... Sorry ishilove but really, I thank God for you. It could have been worse. Much worse.

8 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Proffdada: 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
fatymore:

You have a lot of problem.

It is because of people with low reasoning I said this isn't about Islam.

Please keep off my mention
grin your low reasoning doesn't allow you to see the problem is islam

10 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by pocohantas(f): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2019
That is how they do.
Taxi drivers, keke riders, okada riders...
In fact, transportation workers as a whole. I do wonder if they signed a pact to support themselves on good and evil.

Same thing happens on the UBER thread.

They are hardly ever at fault.

It must be you...

Before you say jack, they have surrounded ypu and bullied you into doing their bidding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Mightyhaiz: 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2019
I remember having a run in with this op years ago when security agents descended on innocent easterners for protesting several injustices..i remember how she,(he?) gloated about these chaps' misfortune..

Welll,..the Easterners u love to deride at any opportunity finally came to your rescue last last..

And ...did I just hear u say one Nigeria is a mirage?

Bwahahahahaha!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
anonimi:

What of the southerners who facilitate their being a problem for Nigeria?
Less guilty or more guilty of being Nigeria's problem?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3626665_hilarious_jpeg1ecdcdffc482a4c4b104159dc2f70be2
Yeah of course, every region got their share of issue but read what I typed, NUMBER ONE Problem of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by kongolo(m): 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
The OP ruined her tale by bringing in ethnic bigotry.
Read her story well.The bikers were simply fighting for their colleague to get treated.
That's how aggressive they behave even in The North.
The bikers didn't see ethnicity but the OP did.
Shame on her and shame on the moderator who brought this filth to the homepage

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by LZAA: 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
U wee not see Afamed or metaphysical hia but just say igbo boom they crawl out and stay displaying ewedu gbegiri everywhere grin
Meanwhile wia is gwarotango
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Adaibeku

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Ishilove: 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2019
LegendHero:

Since God spared you such that your bones are still in place and you’re okay, humanity demands you to at least try to help the person on ground. Even if not help, try to at least check on them with the rest of the crowd. You can narrate your ordeal there and be reiterating the fact that he hit you and you self is not in good condition, that will even be more noble.

What if it’s just an accident on the road and you are passing by, won’t you at least join other people to help the injured?

Don’t know why we Nigerians like arguing over petty matters and always evoking the ethnic and religious sentiments at any given opportunity
Don't worry, when you get smashed to an inch of your life by one of these fellows then you will know if such incidents are 'petty'

7 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Ishilove: 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2019
kongolo:
Read her story well.The biker that hit her was of igbo extraction while the bikers fighting for him to get treated by her were Northern Nigerians.
Kindly read the caveat and stop spewing bullshit

7 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Jinad50: 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2019
Sorry for the unfortunate incidence. However, I like the write up and the use of English. (Sorry if I had major on the minor)

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Ishilove: 1:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
anonimi:

Pope Francis abi? grin
I've corrected it. smiley

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ishilove:
An industry colleague told me that such rubbish could never have happened in other areas of Apapa dominated by South-Westerners. He said when they start misbehaving, "those Yoruba boys will start reformatting their brains with slaps". End quote. Another said in places like computer village, they Easterners would have beaten them to a pulp if they pulled that kind of idiocy on an innocent person.

One Nigeria is a mirage, and it's going to get worse.

The only way to help such people is voting one of them into power.

That strengthens their herd mentality.

But Nigerians generally are illiterate so an illiterate person should represent them..

MANNABBQGRILLES how far ?

4 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
[s]
Hofbrauhaus:
I hope i understood you well...Somebody hit you and lay unconscious on the ground and you left him there? You didn't even go to check on him to confirm if he is dead or dying? Did he hit you on purpose? No, it was an accident. A good Christian would have at least checked on him.
[/s]If I should write what's in my mind, I'm surely going to get banned. God

11 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Rich4god(m): 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
kongolo:
Read her story well.The bikers were simply fighting for their colleague to get treated.
It's obvious you didn't read the write up properly...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by ogbuefi677(m): 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
fatymore:
First and Foremost, this isnt about Islam.

We are have yourubas and other tribes who are Muslims and they don't behave uncouth like this.

I read all and I am boiling down in my spirit.

Check the roads now, majority of them are bikers and they drive carelessly with no regards for lives. These are what you can't do in their regions.
The kind of mentality they have is so appalling.
They can do and undo without anybody holding them. That was how they killed one guy in my area then with their small dagger.

Illiteracy is one of the factors disturbing them.

I saw a Maruwa tumbled because of one them some weeks back and yet he was insisting he wasn't at fault which was so glaring he was trying to double cross.

We are in perilous time in this country. We just need to be extra careful, notwithstanding the educated ones among them are better.

God bless Nigeria and the good people of Nigeria
I didn't see where anybody mentioned Islam.
But if the truth be told,many times it's about Islam, at least here in Abuja and most of the north.
In any dispute here b/w a Muslim and non muslim(eg traffic incident),you can never see a muslim blame his fellow muslim even if its glaring that he's at fault.
If somebody steals and is caught,if he's a muslim,these illiterate abokkis will make sure he escapes or taken to a police station but if the thief is a non muslim,they will burn him alive unless rescued by the police,even when all of them speak the same hausa language.
In my very presence on Tuesday, SARS arrested a hausa guy who allegedly stole,and the next thing is chants of "allah akbar" and the thief escaped, in fact the SARS guys had to run for their lives..

10 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by LegendHero(m): 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ishilove:

Don't worry, when you get smashed to an inch of your life by one of these fellows then you will know if such incidents are 'petty'

I just advised you in a healthy way and was trying to tell you that situation just happens and life is transient.

Tomorrow it might be you that will hit someone with a car such that the person will be okay and you might be injured in the car. How will you feel if the un-injured person leave you to bleed without help?

I’m just trying to let you see that the game of life is not about you’re right or wrong. It’s just what it is.

And Yes, I’ve been injured by a car that hit me when I was young, so I understand how you felt in that state.

3 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by kongolo(m): 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ishilove:

Kindly read the caveat and stop spewing bullshit
Okada riders behave harshly and aggressively towards anyone who knowingly or unknowingly harms their colleague.Even in the North.They have been numerous cases in Kaduna and kano states of okada riders being involved in clashes with police authorities because they manhandled their okada colleagues.They have a one for all and all for one mentality.
Your ethnic bigotry ruined the tale.Your write-up is filth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2019
[s]
kongolo:
[/s] PLEASE SHUT UP!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Omoluabi16(m): 1:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
fk001:
How are we sure that you didn't sugarcoated your story so as to get sympathy from your readers while painting the riders black.

You would have atleast check on the guy to see whether he was injured or not, but instead you were busy arguing and claiming right, That's inhumane of you, if it happened where jungle justice prevails I guess they would have lynched you or something, next time for your safety don't argue in such places where there is dominace particular tribe.

Samething would have happened in Igbo or Yoruba dominated area of lagos, people tend to stand for their own. So is not only a northern thingy.

BTW your write up stinks of ethnic bigotry which makes you look like one.
Beg God to dash you sense. Put it in your Christmas wish list.
She was hit from behind.
She was in shock.
She sat down and needed to recover.
Being accused as his passenger, you in all of your humanity, won't you refute such claims?? Get sense abeg.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by kongolo(m): 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
Viking07:
[s][/s] PLEASE SHUT UP!
You shut up.Now tell me,who lacks logic and commonsense?
Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
sacx:
What happened to you was very sad. Sometimes I try to advocate for this 'one Nigeria' stuff, but the more I see incidents like this, the less convinced I am.

It was few months ago I witnessed how these boys burnt down someone's SUV because of one of their erring brothers who while moving with reckless speed, slammed into it from behind and died in the process, injuring the passenger.

The driver of the SUV could have been lynched if he hadn't escaped from the scene as soon as it occurred. A brother to the injured passenger who came to check on him at the hospital was beaten to pulp and almost set ablaze if not for timely intervention.

What more can we say of this lot? Extremely crude and dangerous. Presently, I don't see a solution to their menace if not disintegration of the country. I just hope by some miracle, there could be a turnaround to this trend.

When we say poor people are potentially dangerous, people fail to understand this.

Any dehumanized adult who grew up in lack behaves like an animal. Most especially if they were raised by illiterate parents or had no parental care at all.

These people make up the bulk of people with entitlement mentality. I jam you, I wound, But You must treat me. What for ?

The solution is by voting in an EDUCATED leader. That's how to keep them in check. Keep one of them in power and expect more of that.

That's the solution.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by gideonvalor98(m): 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
If I could remember,sometimes in Lagos, a truck coming from the northern side was searched and discovered many northern youths hiding underneath the goods being convened, but they were allowed to go...esp. In south west, the rate at which these illiterate northerners are trooping in is quite alarming... I am sorry for my tribe, cos it seem we getting carried away and not looking into the future... Is it because of this stupid political alignment or what? Political officer holders at any level has a duty to protect her people and not to trade them off, cos the end of it might be disastrous - they shoulder think twice of this. If most of this migrants from the north cannot express themselves in "simple English" they shouldn't be allowed in here...we can't be at receiving end of their illiteracy caused by their dominant and enslaved-like leaders... Gush!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by kongolo(m): 1:45pm On Nov 15, 2019
Rich4god:

It's obvious you didn't read the write up properly...
That still doesn't stop the OP's write-up from being filth
What has her experience with okada riders of northern extraction have to do with "one nigeria" not being possible?
What political power do okada riders of northern Nigerian extraction possess?
She projected her reality on others because she also lacks logic and commonsense.
Her write up can even be categorized as hate speech.

Seun Osewa,Mynd44 and Lalasticlacla you all have a lot to answer for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by fatymore(f): 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
ogbuefi677:

I didn't see where anybody mentioned Islam.
But if the truth be told,many times it's about Islam, at least here in Abuja and most of the north.
In any dispute here b/w a Muslim and non muslim(eg traffic incident),you can never see a muslim blame his fellow muslim even if its glaring that he's at fault.
If somebody steals and is caught,if he's a muslim,these illiterate abokkis will make sure he escapes or taken to a police station but if the thief is a non muslim,they will burn him alive unless rescued by the police.I have several 1st hand experience on that.
someone said because she isn't a Muslim
Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Tedpgrass: 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
kongolo:

That still doesn't stop the OP's write-up from being filth
What has her experience with okada riders of northern extraction have to do with "one nigeria" not being possible?
What political power do okada riders of northern Nigerian extraction possess?
She projected her reality on others because she also lacks logic and commonsense.
Her write up can even be categorized as hate speech.

How sir is the write up, hate speech?

She's narrated an event very succinctly and all I perceive is your need to castigate her unfairly

8 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by ogbuefi677(m): 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
fatymore:
someone said because she isn't a Muslim
Its possible, especially with northern muslims.There is nothing like wrong and right for them when it involves a non Muslim,dunno if they extend same courtesy to yoruba muslims sha.
Don't argue this if you haven't lived in the north.
Remember say,if abokkis start their cyclical madness in the north,yoruba muslims run towards d same direction with the Christians grin

9 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Treasure17(m): 2:01pm On Nov 15, 2019
For those I have had contact with. Only few understood English language and they can be aggressive unnecessary. Misunderstanding is inevitable when there's language barrier. Thank goodness you are fine at the end of day Ishilove.

3 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by fatymore(f): 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2019
ogbuefi677:

Its possible, especially with northern muslims.There is nothing like wrong and right for them when it involves a non Muslim,dunno if they extend same courtesy to yoruba muslims sha.
Don't argue this if you haven't lived in the north.
Remember say,if abokkis start their cyclical madness in the north,yoruba muslims run towards d same direction with the Christians grin
yes thats why I said it isnt about Islam but these people lifestyle.. Na only dem be Muslim for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by valgbo(m): 2:05pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ishilove:
There is something fundamentally wrong with Nigeria. I wish I could really pour out my heart right now, but doing that will mean I will run afoul of Nairaland's Rule 2, so I will stick to just narrating the shocking and utterly appalling incident that happened to me today with as little vitriol as I can manage.

A caveat: If your attention span is a tweet long, or you have challenges reading beyond TWO paragraphs of any article (Summary Crew), kindly close this thread now.

I went to finish up a job in Tin Can, Apapa. Everything went on fine until it was time to pay up. I had spent way above my budget so I attempted to make payment with my bank app, but the network was on the bad side of shitty, so I decided to use one of the ATMs after Coconut bridge. I went with the head of the team I worked with, a man from one of the South-Western states and who I have known for a long time. Since it wasn't far, we decided to walk instead of taking a bike and stayed on the left side of the bridge, close to the ubiquitous container loaded trucks parked by the side.

The man walked in the front while was about a two steps behind him. We were close to the end of the bridge when I heard a loud screeching sound behind me, and before I could react, a bike slammed into me and sent me flying into the air.

I landed on my side in an awkward heap beside the back tyre of one of the parked trucks. Stunned, I tried to get up but couldn't, so my companion had to lift me up and dust my clothes because I was in shock. The God who keepeth me, who neither sleeps nor slumbers ensured I didn't have a single scratch on my body, but the...the...'human' who left the road to come and meet me lay in an unconscious heap, his leg tangled with his bike. It seem he had scratched his face on the hot asphalt very badly.

My companion led me to the side of the bridge where I sat down to recover. I sat down for about 3 minutes when I started hearing whispers. "dat na the passenger he carry." I quickly insisted that I wasn't the passenger, but when one of the truckers advised me to move away from the spot where I sat because "dem fit gather you dey talk nonsense", I knew something was off.

I and my companion, lets call him TJ, slowly descended the bridge and had gotten to the bike park when a passenger just arriving told me to go back to 'my boy'. Puzzled, I asked who 'my boy' was.
You're so lucky that it was just bike imagine if it was dangote trailer.... Aboki go take codeine finish enter steering of trailer............that's why dangote trailer kills people that much............. These northerners are the problem pls be careful wherever there is an epidemic (yes epidemic) of northerners

2 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by kenzosky: 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2019
Shaiii, Shaiii, how can these dim-witted, doltish, dopey abokss do this to our own ISHILOVE? You know what, they Just F with the wrong...... Inshort, My great Nairalanders, make una gather here make we reason all this Abokss matter. This time they went too far. Shuooo.

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by kongolo(m): 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2019
Tedpgrass:

How sir is the write up, hate speech?

She's narrated an event very succinctly and all I perceive is your need to castigate her unfairly

What have the negative actions of a group of okada riders of northern extraction got to do with the whole northern Nigerian polpulace?Didn't you see the bolded part in her write up where she called out people of northern Nigerian descent to "make a change in their indigenous states" because we all know the southern States are perfect.
Her write-up is no different than the Irish actor Liam Neeson walking the streets at night looking for any blackman to beat up because his friend has been raped by a blackman or an Indian minister calling Nigerians "a cancer" a couple of years ago

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abia Protesters Demand End To Ebubeagu (pics/video) / Pastor Attacks Clo’s Secretary, Stabs Him In The Eye / Nigerian National Detained For Possession Of Cocaine In Trinidad & Tobago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.