Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,319 members, 7,819,083 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack (18059 Views)

Army Flags Off ‘Exercise Sahel Sanity’ To Stop The Current Spate Of Banditry / SARS Operatives In Mufti Pose With Their Rifles, Come Under Fire After / Makoko Is Under Attack; Two Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by respect80(m): 8:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
maasoap:

Care to explain that quote statement of yours above pls? Why do I feel like you're running away from your own insinuation? Is it because you're guilty of your own "advice"?

I wouldn't want to say you have issues with comprehensive reading, but I couldn't care less about whatever meaning you read to that statement.
However, I make bold to say without apologies that the north in their quest for dominance by showing prospects and intentions to conquer other ethnic groups does not recognize non northern allies. They also don't recognize the fact that you share same religious belief with them.
If you think I'm lying, ask the people from the middlebelt especially (Benue and Kogi), they are in better position to tell you what an unfriendly friend the north can be when push comes to shove.
If you still can't understand that the quote in my comment which piqued your curiosity has nothing to do with Buhari and Atiku, then I will leave you to wallow in your benightedness.

3 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Ishilove: 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
bigfrancis21:

I read your story from start to finish and totally feel your pain. Looking at this from a soul point of view, it all boils down to the different soul types I talked about sometime ago and you just experienced first hand full manifestation of the baby soul group. Core Northern Nigeria is made up of mostly baby souls, infant souls (timid, naive and prefer life in very simple and crude environments away from the technological complexities of advanced cities) and sprinkles of young and mature here and there (in that order). The South is mostly Young souls (materialistic, success and ambition-driven), Mature souls (understanding, tolerant, career-driven), Baby souls with sprinkles of Infant and Old souls (more laid-back, full of wisdom, sometimes weary and tired of life) here and there. To the baby souls, you are either with them or against them - there's no in between. If you're not with them, you're automatically an enemy. They don't understand differences, tolerance and they follow religion blindly. They don't understand karma and the value of life thus their willingness to kill at any slightest provocation. They are religious fundamentalists and their only concept of right or wrong is based on what their religion tells them. Trying to reason with them, especially when it does not conform to their rigid sets of beliefs is futile. Baby souls exist across all religions and you can easily tell them by religious fundamentalist behaviors (insisting on every principle and tenet of their religion to be observed strictly with no exceptions). They tend to be extremely religious (not spiritual). Mature souls are religious as well but are not fundamentalist. Baby souls see religion first before humans, Mature souls see humans first before religion. Don't even bother with religious arguments with baby souls, they will evolve at their own pace and time, just like their precedents.

On the inside, no two persons are on the same level. Every one is at different stages of the soul evolution ladder, hence the varying personalities, ideas, behaviors etc. When you understand what's coming from inside of them, then you see the bigger picture and adopt ways of relating with them.
I would rather not get killed trying to understand what souls inhabit them. I would simply stay very far away from them

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Lonelypacifist6: 8:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
I don't care for a ban, those guys are animals to say the least, their animalistic tendencies become glaring by the day the way they feel entitled and act sometimes I just begin to wonder what made nature look upon them with an unfavorable eye.

3 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by blank(f): 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
dicefrost:
Ishilove. Doh
Next time, don't argue, don't explain, just tell them you are taking the 'victim' to the hospital. Take him to a government hospital and abandon him.

I was in a similar incident 2 weeks ago. I was on the right lane, about to enter my street on the right hand side. I trafigated and horned at the same time , sufficiently. One useless abokii still felt it was wise to overtake me from the right hand side. I swear i didn't see him. Next thing I heard was gbooooo. He hit my right passenger door and went down, my back tyre climbed his motorcycle. He wasn't badly hurt, just a few scratches.

Next thing you know, I was surrounded by a crowd of abokkiiis, all insisting I take him to a hospital and pay for his bike. I obliged, put him in the back sit, and drove towards a hospital while the others followed behind. Instead of a hospital I drove to the police station. They all came in with me. I made a police report, and insisted that I won't pay a dime for the accident. I offered him 1k to treat his wounds. The police men were insisting I take responsibility, I told them to charge me to court if they think I owe anybody. Las las we dey station for almost 2 hours, they told us to return the next day.

I went, aboki did not come again.

There was a story about a couple of years back of someone who an okada rider hit but died. The person ran to the police station in VI and the mob of okada men drew him out and killed him there, burnt his car as well. Police station is not that safe.

I know someone that okada hit and broke his hand. The mob still insisted that he should pay for the okada man even though it was the okada man that hit him and he was injured. I just can't deal with those okada people.

2 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Lonelypacifist6: 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2019
fk001:
How are we sure that you didn't sugarcoated your story so as to get sympathy from your readers while painting the riders black.

You would have atleast check on the guy to see whether he was injured or not, but instead you were busy arguing and claiming right, That's inhumane of you, if it happened where jungle justice prevails I guess they would have lynched you or something, next time for your safety don't argue in such places where there is dominace particular tribe.

Samething would have happened in Igbo or Yoruba dominated area of lagos, people tend to stand for their own. So is not only a northern thingy.

BTW your write up stinks of ethnic bigotry which makes you look like one.
Modified the Op's precedence here does not speak well of her, all the same no human should go through such

3 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Rich4god(m): 8:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
ogbuefi677:

Apparently,in the south,only the Igbos are well travelled and hence their wariness of the northern muslims,cos we have 1st hand experience of their barbarism.
I just the laugh at any southerner including yoruba muslims who think they have anything in common with the northern muslim.
I jus de laff,when the time is ripe again,they will wail
The Yoruba Muslims too are scared of their fellow northern Muslims... In Kano, all the Yoruba Muslims mosque are situated in sabon gari.

5 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by LZAA: 9:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
Rich4god:
The Yoruba Muslims too are scared of their fellow northern Muslims... In Kano, all the Yoruba Muslims mosque are situated in sabon gari.
Wait...they have their own mosquesgrin
Look immhotep and GMBuharii must hear this
Cc greenback Afamed Adaibeku

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by vickertony(m): 9:29pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ishilove:

If I had my bones broken is this what you will be saying?

Doh oh, Pope Francis.
op
go check yourself in a nearby hospital, for internal bleeding and all, despite no physical injury, just do it.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Rich4god(m): 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2019
LZAA:

Wait...they have their own mosquesgrin
Look immhotep and GMBuharii must hear this
Cc greenback Afamed Adaibeku
Not like their own mosque is different from d conventional one, but the likes of Nafsat and co... Al are situated within sabon gari

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by LZAA: 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2019
Rich4god:
Not like their own mosque is different from d conventional one, but the likes of Nafsat and co... Al are situated within sabon gari
Chai grin

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by davidof22: 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ah!!! If I tell u my own experience u will be dumbfounded, it happened in my 100 level in a northern university. I read late into the night in one of our lecture halls & at a point i was tired and feeling a bit sleepy so I decided to go outside for a bit of fresh air.I sat at the stairs leading out of the class and I dozed off.all off a sudden two guys ran passed me and before I could make sense of what just happened those chasing the two guys ran towards me.and descended on me,hitting me with all sorts of things they could find around.i struggled to break free from these angry mob and ran into the class I was reading,the followed me and lynched me shred my cloth into pieces,I was begging for help while the entire class were just looking and muttering whatever in Hausa.when they were done beating me,they left me alone on the ground and then they disappeared. I was and inch closer to death and that was when I realized the kind of people these Hausa's are.

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by ogbuefi677(m): 9:53pm On Nov 15, 2019
Rich4god:
u donminit? grin grin
If to say these ppl know how derisively d typical abokki regards them eee!
"abegiii,no be yoruba man again"?
I know they talk worse about Igbos but typical abokki has an element of fear for Igbos cos he regards Igbos/Niger deltans as militants who can do and undo within seconds grin but for my SW brothers, lolz

3 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by AmuDimpka: 9:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
Lagos is lost for good...go to Apapa, Agege , iddo and see

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by MOVIC6: 10:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
fatymore:
confused about what? I saw someone mentioned Islam....

Please I don't like insulting people online.

Thanks
so where do you stand
Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by fatymore(f): 10:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
MOVIC6:

so where do you stand
my house

2 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by MOVIC6: 10:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
fatymore:
my house
better for you, cos you jus saw only Islam in that long epistle and you jumped to ur conclusion. He emphasized on abokis/northerners and not yorubamuslim, na people like you dey find trouble where e no dey. instead of you to sympathise with the guy you are here making claims.
please go and rest.

3 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by fatymore(f): 10:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
MOVIC6:

better for you, cos you jus saw only Islam in that long epistle and you jumped to ur conclusion. He emphasized on abokis/northerners and not yorubamuslim, na people like you dey find trouble where e no dey. instead of you to sympathise with the guy you are here making claims.
please go and rest.
please go and read the quote and stop creating nuisance. The man/woman said because she isn't a Muslim... Is that not referring to Islam indirectly...

People like you my tiny ass...

2 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by MOVIC6: 11:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
fatymore:
please go and read the quote and stop creating nuisance. The man/woman said because she isn't a Muslim... Is that not referring to Islam indirectly...

People like you my tiny ass...
one of the confused I guess
Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by mastermaestro(m): 12:13am On Nov 16, 2019
Apapa has been turned into an okada wastebasket. I wept for the place the last time I visited. Noisy, nasty, nauseating!
Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by KayyDee: 12:29am On Nov 16, 2019
OP, your experience is quite an Unfortunate one.

Its just great that you didn't get injured in the whole accident, otherwise the bike man wouldn't be the one paying for your treatment (judging from how they turned the whole incident around against you)

However, I need to mention here that you need to go check yourself in the hospital to be sure you truly didn't sustain any internal injuries that could lead to internal bleeding (just in case you've not done that already)

I have heard of many such cases of people celebrating that they didn't get hurt in an accident, only for them to find out, mostly quite late, that they had internal bleeding.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by CodeTemplar: 12:48am On Nov 16, 2019
Ishilove:
The doctor's receipt. Each time I look at it, my blood boils, my hackles rise and I just feel like going around with law enforcement agents arresting every northern biker I see and hauling them back to the arid desert lands from whence they migrated from .

This receipt represents common sense and logic turned on it's head.
Sorry for your bitter experience in their hands. Nigeria is a mob-state (something like mob-ocracy). Right or wrong is determined by the crowd sort of. The stronger, tougher or more aggressive side wins it all in Nigeria. That explains why the tradition of some muslims praying on public road weekly while paralyzing activities of some non-muslims has never been met with Buratai's kind of violence to Shiites.
It explains why they can hold us back. Sorry enh. That's Nigeria for you.

3 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Mightyhaiz: 6:45am On Nov 16, 2019
MOVIC6:

so where do you stand
on the side of his aboki lynching mob ofcourse

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by maasoap(m): 8:18am On Nov 16, 2019
respect80:

I wouldn't want to say you have issues with comprehensive reading, but I couldn't care less about whatever meaning you read to that statement.
However, I make bold to say without apologies that the north in their quest for dominance by showing prospects and intentions to conquer other ethnic groups does not recognize non northern allies. They also don't recognize the fact that you share same religious belief with them.
If you think I'm lying, ask the people from the middlebelt especially (Benue and Kogi), they are in better position to tell you what an unfriendly friend the north can be when push comes to shove.
If you still can't understand that the quote in my comment which piqued your curiosity has nothing to do with Buhari and Atiku, then I will leave you to wallow in your benightedness.

Of course, it does, in every sense. By mentioning Atiku and Buhari, I was talking about politics. This is because I realised that by talking about not having northerners as allies, you were talking about politics because the kind of alliances you were talking about can only come from politics. You wanted to remind one region about making alliance with the north, forgetting that the other two regions made alliances with the same north this year. I reminded you to look inwards as you were looking outwards, but you quickly made U-turn.
If my opinion about your comment is not correct, tell me the kind of allies you were talking about, brother.
Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by maasoap(m): 8:23am On Nov 16, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Sorry for your bitter experience in their hands. Nigeria is a mob-state (something like mob-ocracy). Right or wrong is determined by the crowd sort of. The stronger, tougher or more aggressive side wins it all in Nigeria. That explains why the tradition of some muslims praying on public road weekly while paralyzing activities of some non-muslims has never been met with Buratai's kind of violence to Shiites.
It explains why they can hold us back. Sorry enh. That's Nigeria for you.

The same way the likes of Redeemers would block the highway with their parked cars and make passengers sleep on the highway for hours or days in some instances thereby paralysing the activities of many non Christians. The same thing goes with too much noises from the churches' speakers from dusk till dawn in the name of night vigils thereby preventing many non Christians from getting proper sleep after a tough day. It goes both ways my friend, you can only see what you want to see

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by maasoap(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2019
KayyDee:
OP, your experience is quite an Unfortunate one.

Its just great that you didn't get injured in the whole accident, otherwise the bike man wouldn't be the one paying for your treatment (judging from how they turned the whole incident around against you)

However, I need to mention here that you need to go check yourself in the hospital to be sure you truly didn't sustain any internal injuries that could lead to internal bleeding (just in case you've not done that already)

I have heard of many such cases of people celebrating that they didn't get hurt in an accident, only for them to find out, mostly quite late, that they had internal bleeding.

Ishilove:

You have to take this advice

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by gbadexy(m): 8:45am On Nov 16, 2019
maasoap:

Ishilove:

You have to take this advice
More than 2 persons have advised this, it won't hurt to do so since she has already spent 10k on someone else.
Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2019
Ishilove:

I was advised by the doctor that for peace to reign, I should just treat him and take it as a sacrifice for the 'Mber' month. He charged me 10k, but I was to give the bike people 2k out of the money.

I went to the ATM, withdrew the amount and gave everything to the Doctor. God forbid i dignify those people by addressing them directly.

I collected the receipt and walked out of the clinic. On my way out, i favoured them with the most disdainful look I could muster, hissed at them and walked away.

My heart is full of anger, but I know, Dear Reader, that you know exactly what will come out of my fingers if I really give vent to what is in my mind about these northern bikers that flood Lagos on a weekly basis in cover body trucks, armed with nothing but the clothes on their backs and Yamaha bikes. They have this herd mentality that begs the question-"even if you no go school, shey you no get common sense?" It is still this same mentality that causes religious lynching in the northern part of the country. A rumour goes round and without any kind of investigation, they pounce on the hapless victim.

Let me stop here before I run afoul of Rule 2, but l will drop a word of caution to my fellow Nairalanders of northern extraction- MAKE A CHANGE IN YOUR INDIGENOUS STATES. What I witnessed today made me understand for the first time why a lot of northerners are very vulnerable to extremist ideologies and conditioning. Many of these people have been so completely starved of even the most basic enlightenment that it seems like they are now incapable of rational thought, and as a result act like the Missing Link.

Perhaps basic education will curtail the menace and complete nuisance so many of them constitute when they migrate to other states.
Sorry for what happened to you and we thank God for His grace on you and for keeping you safe.
That said, stop wasting your time advising the so called educated ones among them, those are not much different, they are all basically the same - many of them operate with a satanic spirit. The illiterate ones do it with stupidity and without decorum, while the "educated ones" do it with tact and calculation. But...it all still boils down to the same attitude at the end. I can't say more.

1 Like

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Omoluabi16(m): 11:36am On Nov 16, 2019
Ishilove:

I don't know why you are dignifying him with a response.
For someone to even reason like that is shocking.He would probably be the chief accuser if he were there. May we never encounter such people in real life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by ogbuefi677(m): 11:46am On Nov 16, 2019
maasoap:

Of course, it does, in every sense. By mentioning Atiku and Buhari, I was talking about politics. This is because I realised that by talking about not having northerners as allies, you were talking about politics because the kind of alliances you were talking about can only come from politics. You wanted to remind one region about making alliance with the north, forgetting that the other two regions made alliances with the same north this year. I reminded you to look inwards as you were looking outwards, but you quickly made U-turn.
If my opinion about your comment is not correct, tell me the kind of allies you were talking about, brother.
I pity some of you in your naivety.
Even if you insist it's about politics, then you are apparently oblivious of the moderate VS extremist muslims.Typical/majority of yoruba muslims are moderates.
Typical extreme northern muslim regards even the yoruba muslims as arna(infidel) and that is why the yoruba muslims run as much as the Christians whenever there is religious crises in the north.
The south east rightly rejected Buhari from day one,including when he chose Okadigbo and Edwin Ume-Ezeoke as deputies in 2003 and 2007 b/c we Igbos live in the north and know the types of Buhari, El rufai,Kwankwaso, Junaid etc belong to the extremist/born to rule types of muslims and don't care about anything else other than propagation of Islam.You see these illiterate abokkis in the north,they will support buhari to death even if Nigerians become so poor they eat from the dustbin so far he will continue stuff like having northern muslims as most of the head of the security agencies, muscle out the Christian CJN and replace with northern muslim.
That is all they want.If you talk about poverty, insecurity, etc they will tell you that those are the wish of Allah.
You see el rufai,he might handle the economy better based on d fact that he's more educated but he will likely tip this country into war in less than 6 months in office cos he's more volatile and radical/unguarded in his acts and utterances. Same with Kwankwaso etc.
But people like Atiku,Sule Lamido,Saraki are moderate muslims who will likely grow Nigeria into prosperity b/c they don't care about tribe,religion etc and abhor bloodshed and that is the attraction for we Igbos cos we live in the north in large numbers and know these ppl well.
Don't even talk about corruption cos the stench of corruption in Buhari's govt that is yet to be investigated is the worst since 1999.
I laugh at the naivety of some southerners sha.

2 Likes

Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Ishilove: 11:57am On Nov 16, 2019
Omoluabi16:
For someone to even reason like that is shocking.He would probably be the chief accuser if he were there. May we never encounter such people in real life.
Amin
Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by Ishilove: 11:57am On Nov 16, 2019
EmmaFantastic:

Sorry for what happened to you and we thank God for His grace on ypu and for keeping you safe.
That said, stop wasting your time advising the so called educated ones among them, those are not much different, they are all basically the same - many of them operate with a satanic spirit. The illeterate ones do it with stupidity and without decorum, while the "educated ones" do it with tact and calculation. But...it all still boils down to the same attitude at the end. I can't say more.
You have spoken well
Re: When Sanity, Logic And Common Sense Come Under Attack by maasoap(m): 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
ogbuefi677:

I pity some of you in your naivety.

I wanted to lure guy into the open space but I think he understood what I was trying to do. I don't see naivety on my part here because I didn't say that guy was wrong or right, just trying to get him to be specific about his comment "north allies" just to expose him as a hypocrite. Simple.

Even if you insist it's about politics, then you are apparently oblivious of the moderate VS extremist muslims.Typical/majority of yoruba muslims are moderates.

So, Atiku that the entire South East people, your people voted for this year is a "moderate Muslim" just like "typical/majority of Yoruba Muslims"? Lol.

Typical extreme northern muslim regards even the yoruba muslims as arna(infidel) and that is why the yoruba muslims run as much as the Christians whenever there is religious crises in the north.

You knew this but your region still gave block votes to typical extreme northern Muslim, right?

The south east rightly rejected Buhari from day one,including when he chose Okadigbo and Edwin Ume-Ezeoke as deputies in 2003 and 2007 b/c we Igbos live in the north and know the types of Buhari, El rufai,Kwankwaso, Junaid etc belong to the extremist/born to rule types of muslims and don't care about anything else other than propagation of Islam.You see these illiterate abokkis in the north,they will support buhari to death even if Nigerians become so poor they eat from the dustbin so far he will continue stuff like having northern muslims as most of the head of the security agencies, muscle out the Christian CJN and replace with northern muslim.
That is all they want.If you talk about poverty, insecurity, etc they will tell you that those are the wish of Allah.
You see el rufai,he might handle the economy better based on d fact that he's more educated but he will likely tip this country into war in less than 6 months in office cos he's more volatile and radical/unguarded in his acts and utterances. Same with Kwankwaso etc.
But people like Atiku,Sule Lamido,Saraki are moderate muslims who will likely grow Nigeria into prosperity b/c they don't care about tribe,religion etc and abhor bloodshed and that is the attraction for we Igbos cos we live in the north in large numbers and know these ppl well.
Don't even talk about corruption cos the stench of corruption in Buhari's govt that is yet to be investigated is the worst since 1999.
I laugh at the naivety of some southerners sha.

The same way I'm laughing at this childish conspiracy theory of yours. You believed so much in piss theory of yours, it defies logic. So, no need wasting energy responding to it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sheriff Abdulrazak: This 10-Year-Old Boy Is Missing In Kano (Pictured) / Rivers Police Rescues Kidnapped Victims, Recovers Toyota Highlander / Mind Blowing Weird And Funny Facts (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.