Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! (535 Views)

This Woman Doesn’t Deserve To Be Cheated On” – Man Shares How He Stopped Himself / How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? / What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by partnerbizn5(m): 6:50am On Nov 15, 2019
I always feel bad each time I sight them. I see the peanuts they make despite the stress and hardship they go through daily in traffic.

Well, I have the habit of leaving small change for them each time. The smile on their faces on each occasion in invaluable.

NOW, the truth is that we will always have the poor among us.( Note that this term poor is relative --except you are using UNO or other organisations' standards.)

Even in New York, people still hawk in traffic.

The difference is that they aren't school kids.
And the poor also benefit from basic amenities like good education, roads, health care etc.

UNLIKE in nagelia.

It's well.

ASIDE:

Malcom Gladwell in "OUTLIERS" asserts that nobody makes it alone. That most successes like that of Tiger woods, Bill Gates etc are owed to cumulative advantages early in life.

Making it in life is dependent on several factors ranging from family level, talent, LUCK etc.
Part of the above factors gives a person a cumulative advantage. This is also called "The mathew effect in sociology, -- gotten from the bible.

Serena Williams and sister Venus owe their success to this factor. I won't dwell much on this because of time.

There is some level of luck. Yes. Some call this luck, kismet, serendipity, accident or God factor.

Geoff Colvin agrees when he wrote his book "Talent is overrated"

My point is that it's unhealthy to compare yourself with others, because your realities and background are different. Nobody makes it alone.

Enjoy and appreciate your level now, while you work for more.

Don't look down on others except you fancy their shoes. Some of the things we brag about, we never merited or worked for them.

The drivers, conductors, pepper sellers etc all deserve respect.

It could have been any of us. But nature was kinder to some of us.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by lindawilson237: 6:53am On Nov 15, 2019
Excellent blog! This blog is very useful to get AOL support instantly. It provides easy solutions for AOL email issues. Thanks for sharing this blog! https://www.geektech.support/
Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 15, 2019
Mtcheeeew... this one no get work

1 Like

Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by partnerbizn5(m): 7:06am On Nov 15, 2019
Melaninkwinn
Can't access pms
Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by mabea: 9:23am On Nov 15, 2019
Funny enough I've seen a great number of them who later became millionaires today. Some are friends, if you doubt me go to mandilas and ask those wrist watch dealers who are importers

3 Likes

Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by nortonsetup90: 6:02am On Nov 28, 2019
Thanks for the post and great tips! I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. visit: norton setup redeem key
Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by nortonsetup90: 8:17am On Dec 12, 2019
[url="https://247qb.org/"]Quickbooks support[/url] helps generate professional-looking reports and share them with your business partner and client.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Effective Detox And Weight Loss Solution From USA With NAFDAC Approval / Relationship Or Situationship / Benefits Of Good Academic Writing - Myperfectwords

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.