Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? (24776 Views)

Girl: I Won't Get Pregnant For My Husband Until He Earns Above 200K Monthly / Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? / 133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by mdan(m): 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
It's widely known that love alone, is not enough to keep a family standing. There are other factors contributing to a healthy marriage of which respect, loyalty, money etc are involved.

Now, in a situation where a wife earns more than the husband, will there be respect?

And if there is, how long can a woman keep up before she starts acting weird?

For the ladies do you think it's an issue earning higher than your husband?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Bola146(f): 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
Where there is genuine love and trust, a woman would be submissive to her husband, they do not own anything than the children

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Donald3d(m): 8:47pm On Jun 11, 2020
mdan:
It's widely known that love alone, is not enough to keep a family standing. There are other factors contributing to a healthy marriage of which respect, loyalty ,money etc are involved.
Now, in a situation where a wife earns more than the husband, will there be respect?
And if there is,how long can a woman keep up before she starts acting weird?

cheesy
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by meobizy(f): 9:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
Zero. Hypergamy is a thing inherent in females. She’ll spend any free time scheming to catch a better man.

144 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by larj(m): 9:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
Normally i overlook most topic, but let me comment for the sake of someone.
What women need is enveloped in two things :
1) Resources
2) Attention.
The resources as we all know , mostly money grin and security
The attention on the other hand is not just the attention, but what comes off it , like love and romance, sweet words, great sex, helping at home, respect, care and all.
The two are quite important, many men substitute one for the other, give her resources and some women can manage with little attention, but God epp you when she has little need of your resources or earns more and you can't provide the attention. That's where wahala starts to happen. She can't earn as much or more than you and you still won't give her attention even in little things as helping with the kids or chores at home. Most men's ego can't take it. Even if a woman wants to run wild at this time she can be reasoned with if the right attention is given and there's communication. It's a man's God given role to draw his wife to agreement with him through communication. But what do I know. They just give marriage certificate to any one without training. It is not love that determines a good marriage or any goal in life. Principles determine the outcome of anything. You actions has to be grounded from principles to get a desired outcome like a blissful home. It's not too late to change and align your actions to true principles. Okay bye

280 Likes 22 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
I wonder why it affects most Men when women earn higher. If you create geninue bond , respect, friendship and love between you and your woman, little material things like 'earnings' shouldn't create insecurity in you or gaps in your relationship/marriage. A woman who loves you will never disregard you. Work towards creating unbreakable bond with your partner then you will not have to worry about them earning more.

I'm directing this to men because most of you do not know how to create lasting impression but will wail, cry, throw trantrums when replaced.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
Dear woman, you will never be submissive enough for a man you earn more than. You will either resent his headship on empty pocket or he will resent you and make life hell for you. Even if you submit your salary on both knees he will wonder why you got paid on time if you aren’t sleeping with your boss. To avoid stories that touch, until the day men can carry pregnancy, please let them till the ground and be the head. If you want to go far, marry a man who wants to go further. If you want to earn millions, look for a man who wants to earn double. Don’t let them fool you, there’s nothing like a submissive husband.

195 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by bukatyne(f): 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2020
Marry a high self-esteemed humble man. I did not say a walkover or a man suffering from low self esteem.

If you earn less than him today, you can out earn him tomorrow except you work hard NOT to out earn him.

16 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by TheArchangel(f): 10:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
chiddyok:
Dear woman, you will never be submissive enough for a man you earn more than. You will either resent his headship on empty pocket or he will resent you and make life hell for you. Even if you submit your salary on both knees he will wonder why you got paid on time if you aren’t sleeping with your boss. To avoid stories that touch, until the day men can carry pregnancy, please let them till the ground and be the head. If you want to go far, marry a man who wants to go further. If you want to earn millions, look for a man who wants to earn double. Don’t let them fool you, there’s nothing like a submissive husband.
Words on White Statuario marble of Carrara, one of the most precious marbles in the world.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Hathor5(f): 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
I respect people for many different reasons but never for how much money they earn.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by genq(m): 10:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
meobizy:
Zero. Hypergamy is a thing inherent in females. She’ll spend any free time scheming to catch a better man.

Facts.
Coach Greg Adams exposes this on a daily. Hypergamy is ingrained in the female DNA

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
chiddyok:
This is telling women not to work at all because if only everyone is destined to make it at the same time same place, same way and equal measures will your suggestion be achievable. Some things aren't set in stones and SUCCESS is one of it. Even if a woman search for a man who "wants" to go further how sure is she that he will go further or do that that before her.

And , There is a difference between a submissive woman and coherced submissive Woman. If a woman is submissive for a reason, it is a disaster waiting to happen because the day that 'reason' is found wanting the submission disappears. Unfortunately that's what is happening these days. Most women like you suggest only submit because their husbands have more materially. That's why people with Op's mentality exist .

I believe women should be encouraged to stand and live on their own, pay their bills and aquire whatever properties and Men should go for such Women. Only when two are equal or at least equal in their own eyes can there be genuine love. But in a society where Men would rather look for substandard women to refine and love , where Women will rather paint face and look beautiful expecting their Lords , there may never be True Love or Submission.

95 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by bukatyne(f): 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ariza:
This is telling women not to work at all because if only everyone is destined to make it at the same time same place, same way and equal measures will your suggestion be achievable. Some things aren't set in stones and SUCCESS is one of it. Even if a woman search for a man who "wants" to go further how sure is she that he will go further or do that that before her.

And , There is a difference between a submissive woman and coherced submissive Woman. If a woman is submissive for a reason, it is a disaster waiting to happen because the day that 'reason' is found wanting the submission disappears. Unfortunately that's what is happening these days. Most women like you suggest only submit because their husbands have more materially. That's why people with Op's mentality exist .

I believe women should be encouraged to stand and live on their own, pay their bills and aquire whatever properties and Men should go for such Women. Only when two are equal or at least equal in their own eyes can there be genuine love. Both in a society where Men would rather look for substandard women to refine and love , where Women will rather paint face and look beautiful expecting their Lords , there may never be True Love or Submission.

'Nigerian' marriages summed up in eight words.

That is why there is plotting and counter plotting to outdo themselves.

14 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
bukatyne:

'Nigerian' marriages summed up in eight words.

That is why there is plotting and counter plotting to outdo themselves.
Exactly!
I sometimes wonder why most fuss over this submission of a thing. You see both gender dragging it like:

Man: "You must submit"
Woman: "lailai I will not submit" grin

And I wonder why submission to most Nigerians is like a tug of war. Isn't submission equal to agreeing? How is it possible not to agree or give a listening ear to someone you claim to love.? Must it be a war thing. How difficult is two coming together to make decisions or giving go ahead to proposed suggestions?

Seriously o su mi grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by placeofallure(f): 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2020
mdan:
It's widely known that love alone, is not enough to keep a family standing. There are other factors contributing to a healthy marriage of which respect, loyalty ,money etc are involved.
And if there is,how long can a woman keep up before she starts acting weird?

It can't be an issue. Especially when that didn't form the basis of your marriage. When you marry for love, friendship, companionship, I don't see money causing a war just because....at a point, I earned more than him, we did not die.

Please, check my signature.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Righteousness89(m): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
A Virtuous Woman will not measure the Respect she gives her hubby to the money she earns or whatever!

You Respect your husband no matter what you Earn. He is your Head and that's it!

I have seen Virtuous Super ladies who not only respect their husbands but Hand the salary to Him. Despite having the Greater income!They are living very good!

I know There are some men who due to inferiority complex begin to misbehave and complain unnecessarily! It's not supposed to be so!

What has destroyed homes today is going against GOD'S rules for the Home. The devil has invented Rebellion in the homes in different names and format. Equal right, Feminism,etc

That's why we Advice that you listen for Divine Guidance before you say I do!

The Home is one! What comes into the Home is for the family!

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by KanwuliaExtra: 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
Depends on how much he respects himself in the first and last Places. kiss

Most men will not respect themselves and will ALWAYS TRY TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY. cheesy

Dem nor go stay dem lanes o.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Akposb(m): 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
I like answering questions like this from a personal standpoint. I think love is all that matters in striking a point between who should earn more ideally. A lady who will submit will do no matter how much she earns. I hate pretense.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Akposb(m): 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
Double post .
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by bdchange(m): 10:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
Money is power and power intoxicate no matter the gender that wields it. In this part of the world the woman already has a mindset that the man must be the provider when it comes to union between couples. So when the reverse is the case she finds it tough not to use it against the man. If she earns more than the man then she will provide higher and have more money to spend. There are few ladies out there who won't mind but majority of them will definitely use it against the man. This is the society we live in and there is nothing you can do about it.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Eileene(f): 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2020
There should be respect

it depends on the maturity of the woman and understanding of the man.

For me is not a big deal, two are supposed to be one it's for the betterment of the home.

A higher pay should not be ur reason for respecting him in the first place.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by UjuJoan2: 2:43am On Jun 13, 2020
larj:
Normally i overlook most topic, but let me comment for the sake of someone.
What women need is enveloped in two things :
1) Resources
2) Attention.
The resources as we all know , mostly money grin and security
The attention on the other hand is not just the attention, but what comes off it , like love and romance, sweet words, great sex, helping at home, respect, care and all.
The two are quite important, many men substitute one for the other, give her resources and some women can manage with little attention, but God epp you when she has little need of your resources or earns more and you can't provide the attention. That's where wahala starts to happen. She can't earn as much or more than you and you still won't give her attention even in little things as helping with the kids or chores at home. Most men's ego can't take it. Even if a woman wants to run wild at this time she can be reasoned with if the right attention is given and there's communication. It's a man's God given role to draw his wife to agreement with him through communication. But what do I know. They just give marriage certificate to any one without training. It is not love that determines a good marriage or any goal in life. Principles determine the outcome of anything. You actions has to be grounded from principles to get a desired outcome like a blissful home. It's not too late to change and align your actions to true principles. Okay bye

Very apt!

cool cool

2 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:45am On Jun 13, 2020
Equal respect the husband gives her, respect is reciprocal.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:48am On Jun 13, 2020
Bola146:
Where there is genuine love and trust, a woman would be submissive to her husband, they do not own anything than the children

@emboldened, pls explain more on it.

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:55am On Jun 13, 2020
Ariza:
I wonder why it affects most Men when women earn higher. If you create geninue bond , respect, friendship and love between you and your woman, little material things like 'earnings' shouldn't create insecurity in you or gaps in your relationship/marriage. A woman who loves you will never disregard you. Work towards creating unbreakable bond with your partner then you will not have to worry about them earning more.

I'm directing this to men because most of you do not know how to create lasting impression but will wail, cry, throw trantrums when replaced.

kiss

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by cooooooks(m): 10:26am On Jun 13, 2020
The obsession with submission is ridiculous. I, for one, have no interest in a submissive wife.

chiddyok:

18 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 16, 2020
That alone isn't enough to warrant losing respect for one's husband. If a woman can lose respect for her spouse over that, it probably didn't exist to begin with.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Blackmoran(m): 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
How much respect? It all depends on every woman patient... But one thing I can bet my balls with, no woman can go on with that forever, guys remember "click click click click" the clock is ticking to the countdown..... Women don't have the nature of a provider....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Think9ja(m): 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
I simply cannot allow myself be in that kind of situation.

Even if it's 5k, I must earn more than her.

The day that stops happening, I will quietly pack my things and go back to my father's house. Or better still, I will just rent another place and leave her and the children. We will still be married of course, but we won't be living under the same roof.

I just cannot be living under the same roof with a woman who earns more than me. That automatically turns you into the woman of the house.

Most 21st century 9ja ladies are just looking for the slightest opportunity to boss over the man. And she earning more than you will present her with the best opportunity. I can't let that happen.

21 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Adinije(f): 6:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
Most women don't lose their respect for their husbands simply because they are earning more. The lost of respect begins when the man start expecting the woman to shoulder most of HIS RESPONSIBILITIES. If you are pushing all your responsibilities to your woman simply because She's earning more, you are like Esau that traded his birthright for a pot of porridge.

Men, no matter how much your wife makes, try and pay your bills, and she will respect you more. She will even settle some bills without you asking.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Richy4(m): 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2020
Think9ja:
I simply cannot allow myself be in that kind of situation.

Even if it's 5k, I must earn more than her.

The day that stops happening, I will quietly pack my things and go back to my father's house. Or better still, I will just rent another place and leave her and the children. We will still be married of course, but we won't be living under the same roof.

I just cannot be living under the same roof with a woman who earns more than me. That automatically turns you into the woman of the house.

Most 21st century 9ja ladies are just looking for the slightest opportunity to boss over the man. And she earning more than you will present her with the best opportunity. I can't let that happen.

There are good women around that loved their men no matter the income. So u might be lucky enough to find a good lady.

Though it's like fetish on many ladies.. They loved to be controlled by guys born with silver spoons in their mouths... no matter how ugly or ill mannered the guy is, it has no importance.. though the more handsome those guys are the better the submissiveness works ... it's really pathetic to watch.... But a broke man with good heart dare not come close to them... they don't even want to smell broke guys 5000 yards away..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Alexaonfleek: 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2020
Yes
It's an issue for me.
I can't marry a guy who's income is lower than mine.

A man's role in a family is to be a provider.
The woman role is to help nurture the kids,and keep the family together.
She can also assist the man in paying the bills too.
If life happens,and for some reason he looses his source of income,I'll support him.
But he has to get his $hit together as quickly as possible.
And it depends on the guy too.
I mean I can't imagine a case where I've gone to work,after a tired day I still have to do all of the house chores while footing most of the bills.
That alone would make any woman frustrated.

28 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

That Childish Act You Still Engage In As An Adult / My Mother Wants To Throw Me Into Bankruptcy / Man Cries After Seeing Kids Hawking On The Road, Reminds Him Of His Childhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.