Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,532 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined (5586 Views)

Mikel Obi Banned And Fined £60,000 Over Referee Incident / AMOS ADAMU Suspended Albeit Provisionally / Nigeria's Amos Adamu Offer To Sell Fifa Hosting Rights For £500,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by deor03(m): 11:19am On Nov 18, 2010
Amos Adamu  has been suspended for 3 years by FIFA

Nigeria's Amos Adamu has been suspended from all footballing activity by Fifa's Ethics Committee for three years and fined $10,000.

Tahiti's Reynald Temarii was suspended for one year and fined $5,000 by the committee.

The move follows allegations that the pair asked for money in return for voting on World Cup hosting rights.

It means they will not be able to vote on which countries will host the 2018 and 2022 World Cup.

Adamu released a statement protesting his innocence and vowing to fight the ruling.

"I am profoundly disappointed with the Ethics Committee's findings and had honestly believed I would be exonerated of any charges by now," he said.

"I am innocent of all the charges levelled against me by the Ethics Committee and I completely refute the decision they have made.

"I will be lodging a full appeal against it with immediate effect."

Four former executive members - Slim Aloulou of Tunisia, Mali's Amadu Diakite, Ahongalu Fusimalohi of Tonga and Botswana's Ismael Bhamjee - all received sanctions from Fifa.

Bhamjee was banned for four years, Diakite and Fusimalohi for three and Aloulou for two and all four were fined $10,000.

But the committee dismissed accusations of collusion between Spain/Portugal and Qatar, who are bidding to host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups respectively.

Link  :    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/9203291.stm
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by SADEEQMGG: 11:30am On Nov 18, 2010
deor03:

Amos Adamu  has been suspended for 3 years by FIFA

I will update soon

Link : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9203378.stm
that man should be killed.
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by medjai(m): 11:32am On Nov 18, 2010
i just got a breaking news text confirming too.
Why suspend him for 3 years? Why not for life? Will he be reinstated after 3 years?
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by Yorisb: 11:34am On Nov 18, 2010
medjai:

Why suspend him for 3 years? Why not for life? Will he be reinstated after 3 years?

Exactly my thoughts when I saw the news. He should be fired!!
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by RichDad1(m): 11:51am On Nov 18, 2010
medjai:

I dont think so, He's been fired and disgraced.only that FIFA is as corrupt as Adamu himself, Rogues angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by honeric01(m): 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2010
During these 3 years, some of his properties would have been seized and account frozen by the EFCC after they are through with his probing (KOJA)
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by adagz01(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2010
Instead of burying his head under the sand in shame he is still thinking of making an appeal.
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by adagz01(m): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2010
Instead of burying his head under the sand in shame he is still thinking of making an appeal.
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by snowdrops(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2010
everyday for the thief. . . . . .
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by ohaechesi(m): 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2010
spell MALAM from left or right, Malam na Malam and Adamu has proved it
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by lastpage: 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2010
At times, l wonder why we as a people, dont take our image very seriously?  

Why is it always one embarrassment, after another?

If l decide to list all the "international embarrassment" that have been bestowed on oneself, as a Nigerian, in the last one year, l guess it becomes understandable to forgive those people who ridicule Nigerians!

From the Abdul-Muttallab pant-bomber, to the Independence day Bomb-blast, from Boko-Haram massacre to unnecessary cholera deaths, from blink small-no blink-at-all electricity supply, decadent hospitals, death traps called roads, to that shameful Ibori trial in London, to pictures of Lagos residents cannibalizing a dead & rotten-ing Whale!

From the Bank executive "slap-on-the-wrist" sentence, to the realization that importers of many containers of sophisticated and high-calibre weapons can suddenly disappear into thin air, to allegations of officials using fake certificates (like the Custom Boss!) and

From the shameful episode (or was it home movie  shocked ) when Nigeria could not locate its President until he was pronounced dead, to our woeful performance in the South Africa World Cup (with all the un-official boxing matches that followed the sharing of the loot!  grin ),
[size=14pt]Now Amos Adamu has added his own[/size]!

Cant we just have a breathing space of good image for just one year? Even one month?

[size=16pt]Madam Dora Akinyilu, this your re-branding seems to have taken a turn for the worse o, l suggest you weild the big stick if jingles have not worked!
Wetin sef?
[/size] angry angry angry
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by Demdem(m): 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2010
Anoda Aboki disgrace angry angry angry
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by nethacker(m): 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2010
ohaechesi:

oga dont bring in this,  angry angry
it can happen to any1 be him malam or asiwaju or watever
tell me who is not prone to bribe lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

imho, me thinks he shld be sent out of the football governing body for life tongue
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by jerryuzo(m): 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2010
efcc take over and bring adamu to book. because he is a disgrace to nigeria.
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by sexygold: 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2010
He should be dis-owned by nigerians grin, he's such a disgrace 2 himself, his family and nigerians, SHAME UN2  HIM!!!!!
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by holydante(m): 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2010
the silly shameless man is talking about appeal, he thinks FIFA is nigeria where cases can go on for like ever ( i dont mean no disrespect to the nija(apologies to madam dora grin) legal system. he should bury his fat face in shame,
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by dejiavu(m): 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2010
Am not surprised because 2003 COJA, the case was swept under the carpet because Amos Adamu's connection to "them-them"
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by honeric01(m): 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2010
Demdem:

Anoda Aboki disgrace angry angry angry

Point of correction, he's not aboki, he's yoruba.
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by donobi(m): 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2010
fifa is a corrupt organisation, how cld they suspend him for 3yrs without finding him guilt of corrupt charges.
i think is high tie the monopoly of fifa is broken.
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by comechop(m): 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2010
honeric01:

. . . . . and here we go.
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by medoski(m): 4:36pm On Nov 18, 2010

You don  comment  on  what  you  dont  know

Amos  Adamu is  a  Yoruba  man
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by Mikehell(m): 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2010
What a news,but hw can fifa hand him just 3yrs ban when he shud be ban for life and even be executed.Does he thinks he is Nigeria where dere is no law guidin almost everything?he's an asshole!!,
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by honeric01(m): 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2010
comechop:

. . . . . and here we go.

Did i type something unusual? undecided
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by CHANCEMAN: 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2010
In my opinion the punishment is too light considering the gravity of the offence,FIFA as currently contituted is losing its credibility and these decisions will not go down well with the soccer public.If such a large number of officials where involved credibilty can be ascribed to the various selecion processes that have taken place under the regime of Sepp Blatter.
As for our man Adamu instead of being apologetic he is still threatening to appeal ,he should thank his stars that the American press seems to be un-interested in this matter if not them for wash him dirty linen in public so tay him no fit talk again I think that is what he needs to experience.Anyway the issue is what is the feral government going to do about it,is he losing his job or what?That man needs to go or else sports will never develop in nigeria.
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by samcc30(m): 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2010
so what
my guy just come home and become sport minister
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by denitro(m): 4:50pm On Nov 18, 2010
No words for corruption, just sentences
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2010
Oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, after instigating several bans on naija. Yeye thief god pass am. Oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by daroz(m): 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2010
Amos Adamu
sorry b4 i give any opinion i need to know if he is a xtain(amos) or muslim(adamu)
can someone help me pls!
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by medjai(m): 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2010
He should be banned from anything that has to do with football including watching football, visiting the stadia or even reading Complete Sports or any other football or sports daily.
I know he'll come home and lounge. EFFC will as usual huff and puff and blow nothing away
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by Demdem(m): 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2010
honeric01:

Then anoda Yoruba Disgrace.
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2010
FIFA+ADAMU=CORRUPTION. CAF+ADAMU=CORRUPTION. COJA+ADAMU=CORRUPTION. NFA+ADAMU= CORRUPTION. So there is no breaking news here. He is one of their own dats y d 3yrs & d $10k fine which he can pay from his babanriga with ease. Xpct 4der rantings & stupidity from EFCC, he will be arraigned in court with 500 count charges which EFCC will later file to amend the charges which will be granted by the judge without objection from Adamu's counsel & and d case ajournd. D next day d case comes up in court and his counsel will apply for bail which EFCC will not object and his/her lordship will grant him bail with the sum of #500k which he pays again from his wallet. Nxt his counsel  will run things with EFCC & d 500 count charge will nw be reduced to 4. d nxt time d case comes up 4hearing in court, ADAMU sporting on a dark suite & a dark shade to match with his gangs which comprice of FIFA REPS,PDP BIG BOYZ,NFF/NFA MEMBERS & placards carring rented CROWDS in solidarity. Judge comes in,here is the verdit. He is found nt guilty on 3count charges & is found guilty on 1 which he is sentenced for 2mnts in EFCC CUSTODY or pay #2k fine! C O O U U R R T. Amos starts to wave at his teaming #500/head rented fans who in turn are in joyfull mood singing OSE OSE OOO OSE OOO OSE BABA. Nxt comes the press interviewing his team of attention seeking lawyers. Hear his lawyers: IM SO DELIGHTED WITH THE SOUND JURGEMENT BY HIS/HER LORDSHIP.THIS IS VICTORY 4DEMOCRACY & THIS GOES TO SHOW THAT THE COURT IS THE LAST HOPE FOR THE COMON MAN (I MEAN THIEVES IN GOVERMENT). He gets an award for contributing to d growth of sports in nigeria,he is giving OMN award by the president. OMG! how time flies,3yrs is gone and ADAMU IS BACK TO HIS GANG GROUP FIFA. He starts his thing again, as usuall we move on and wait for another breaking news or saga from any sector. Their nigeria my NAIJA. GOD BLESS
Re: Breaking News !!:Amos Adamu Suspended For 3 Years and Fined by Myself2(m): 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2010
Three years is enough for those that have been eying thief adamu's seat on CAF and FIFA to step into his shoes and shut him out FOREVER

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Mexicans Are Saying About Nigeria On Twitter / Week 40 Pool RSK Papers 2024: Bob Morton, Capital Intl, Soccer X Research, Bigwi / Floyd Mayweather Jr Defeats Miguel Cotto For WBA Light Middle Weight Belt!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.