Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? (1491 Views)

I'm Using This Opportunity To Tell You That I Don't Exist. / Would You Prefer A World Where Religion Don't Exist At All? / Miracles Don't Exist. Faith Healing And Prayer Are False. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by sonmvayina(m): 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2019
What if the devil don't exist, will Christianity still be a belief system?..
I used to think that the devil actually is an entity, an evil guy that is responsible for all the evils in the world until it dawned on me that a loving God will not create such a being to torment his creation.. So if it is so, where did Christianity get its idea of the devil from?.. Not from Judaism.. Not from the old testament either.. So where?..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
If the devil didn't exist, this question wouldn't exist.

1 Like

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by sonmvayina(m): 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
jesusjnr:
If the devil didn't exist, this question would exist.

So who is the devil and where did it come from?
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by Shepherd00: 7:06pm On Nov 15, 2019
Are we Christians Because of the devil?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by prinzfavian(m): 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
Well, if the devil didn't exist, the world will be exactly as God intended it to be from the beginning... A paradise filled with obedient children of Adam.. Even Adam would have still be alive if the devil didn't show up.
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by StrikeBack(m): 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2019
prinzfavian:
Well, if the devil didn't exist, the world will be exactly as God intended it to be from the beginning... A paradise filled with obedient children of Adam.. Even Adam would have still be alive if the devil didn't show up.
What will it take God to destroy this so called devil

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by SamjohnnyB(m): 8:59pm On Nov 15, 2019
StrikeBack:
What will it take God to destroy this so called devil
Energy can neither be created nor destroy... Everything is God.. Both Good and bad. Both devil and gods are all God. Everything is God

2 Likes

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by budaatum: 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2019
Op, have you got a thread where you defined what devil is? Link please! While I wait, I'd find it absurd to worship God because of the devil. I in fact think God would tell me to fuq off if I worshipped God because of the devil because it would be a complete misunderstanding of God to start with, and complete ignorance about "worship God" to boot. But then, you did say "believe", and what else would believers do but tremble in fear!

Those who truly worship God don't worship God because of what they fear but because of the rewards!

Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and govern it and reign over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and all the animals that scurry along the ground, and you will be blessed.

"Be blessed" is the 'reward'.
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by Amujale(m): 2:47am On Nov 16, 2019
The notion of a demon running around wagging its tail whilst brandishing a garden fork is at best comical and at worst absurd. Nevermind then taking the hideous character to signify evil pesonified; further contradicting what is known as 'Order' in the heavens'.

Humans are the good, bad and ugly that is out there (that is not to say there are .or arent other creatures living in our or other dimensions) and not some fictitious character out of a bibliography.

The single most critical function of the "Devil" character is to allows the tragic privege of deflecting or shying away from responsibility.

The "Devil" character is a fictitious one.

The authors of Abrahamic text simply followed the trends at the time; often found in the Helenistic religious practises.

By following the Helenistic trends, they came up with their monstrous abominal character.

The main thing to take out of the Devil character and storyline is that its false.

The "Devil" is fictitious.

Goodness is real.

Evil is real.

Virtuousness is real.

Wickedness is real.

The best way to identify with my point can be found in Chinese philosophy; yin and yang.

Yin and Yang is a concept of duslism in ancient Chinese philosophy, describing how seemingly opposite or contrary forces may be complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and how they may give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another.

These concepts originate in our continent.

Appreciate the fact that assuming the Devil was real, its evil wouldnt last a nanosecond at the presence of the Almighty God.

Now, the Devil character is utterly fictional, those in the know, they know the Devil story to be impossible .

The Devil character is an invention of the authors of Abrahamic religious text.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by budaatum: 3:26am On Nov 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by MJBOLT: 6:14am On Nov 16, 2019
the devil is not energy and your god is more evil than the devil,he has killed more people than anybody in the bible,mention one person the devil killed,i'll wait.

[s]
SamjohnnyB:

Energy can neither be created nor destroy... Everything is God.. Both Good and bad. Both devil and gods are all God. Everything is God
[/s]
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by SamjohnnyB(m): 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2019
MJBOLT:
the devil is not energy and your god is more evil than the devil,he has killed more people than anybody in the bible,mention one person the devil killed,i'll wait.

[s][/s]
You don't understand... It is not about who is evil... It about everything is God

1 Like

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by sonmvayina(m): 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
SamjohnnyB:

You don't understand... It is not about who is evil... It about everything is God

Yes oh.. Reason why it is called a universe

1 Like

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:39am On Nov 17, 2019
Op you are already immediately mistaken for you know not that devil is simply, the evil, D' evil! Evil which you know very very well. Infact, you might be the professional in it.

But there is one or many , I know not, who is the father and king of it, whose name is also called satan.

And you know him, he's your father!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by sonmvayina(m): 10:59am On Nov 17, 2019
Dtruthspeaker:
Op you are already immediately mistaken for you know not that devil is simply, the evil, D' evil! Evil which you know very very well. Infact, you might be the professional in it.

But there is one or many , I know not, who is the father and king of it, whose name is also called satan.

And you know him, he's your father!

Christians basically drew their inspiration from Babylonian religion that has names for the different aspects of life or nature... In this case Enlil will be Satan on the account that he is the destroyer. His son Nanna is the devil as he is the moon God or the God of darkness.. Both Enlil and Nanna where part of God, not Independent or dual opposite of God.. In fact they were among the 7 most senior Gods.. But the Jews don't see it that way... They see all of them as 1..acting together and in unison.. It was inanna that was not part of the initial 7,she was elevated to the pantheon when she stole the Mes from Enki.. Ninmah was withdrawn from the pantheon and inanna replaced her.. Thus she is the Lucifer Isaiah wrote about.. She is the goddess of death and war amongst others...
The Jews sees then as I unit... Hence the term Universe...

Google is your friend..
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
sonmvayina:

Christians basically drew their inspiration from Babylonian religion that has names for the different aspects of life or nature... In this case Enlil will be Satan on the account that he is the destroyer. His son Nanna is the devil as he is the moon God or the God of darkness.. Both Enlil and Nanna where part of God, not Independent or dual opposite of God.. In fact they were among the 7 most senior Gods.. But the Jews don't see it that way... They see all of them as 1..acting together and in unison.. It was inanna that was not part of the initial 7,she was elevated to the pantheon when she stole the Mes from Enki.. Ninmah was withdrawn from the pantheon and inanna replaced her.. Thus she is the Lucifer Isaiah wrote about.. She is the goddess of death and war amongst others...
The Jews sees then as I unit... Hence the term Universe...

Google is your friend..

Every nation and tribe have a name for God and Satan.

What is most important to our soul is that one is good (God) and the other is very very wicked and Evil, infact Mr. Evil or the Evil or Satan or any other name that means very very very unending very wickedness.
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by sonmvayina(m): 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
Dtruthspeaker:

Every nation and tribe have a name for God and Satan.

What is most important to our soul is that one is good (God) and the other is very very wicked and Evil, infact Mr. Evil or the Evil or Satan or any other name that means very very very unending very wickedness.

You still don't get it...our reality is not a duality.. There is no separate God for good and another for evil.. There is ONLY one God that is responsible for both.. Read Isaiah 45, :7.the idea of different God's for good and evil is of pagan origin..
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:27pm On Nov 18, 2019
sonmvayina:

You still don't get it...our reality is not a duality.. There is no separate God for good and another for evil.. There is ONLY one God that is responsible for both.. Read Isaiah 45, :7.the idea of different God's for good and evil is of pagan origin..

Isaiah 45:7- is clearly the Supremacy and Full Mightiness of God! He created everything and gave them a life of their own and their functions or work.

The understanding you lack, is that like a company/organisation/ministries all things are either workers/employees/servants or properties/assets of the Owner/CEO, God.

All have their functions and duties clearly defined, including evil.

Anything which breaches it's function shall be sanctioned.

His Rules and Regulations of this company called world are already known and He gave a gift to man to wit- (Don't know good or evil) so that man shall be guiltless and not liable or culpable for anything, he does or does not do.

Foolish man let another employee con him into knowing. Now man is guilty.

Now God is the Boss shall not all employees account to him?

Like Christ says if in the kingdom of foolish man blaming or abusing the boss for any error has never prevented damnation upon a man, how then is it wise to condemn the All Mighty?

You directed me to Isaiah 45:7, hope you saw the wisdom in verse 9 of it!
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by sonmvayina(m): 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2019
Dtruthspeaker:

Isaiah 45:7- is clearly the Supremacy and Full Mightiness of God! He created everything and gave them a life of their own and their functions or work.

The understanding you lack, is that like a company/organisation/ministries all things are either workers/employees/servants or properties/assets of the Owner/CEO, God.

All have their functions and duties clearly defined, including evil.

Anything which breaches it's function shall be sanctioned.

His Rules and Regulations of this company called world are already known and He gave a gift to man to wit- (Don't know good or evil) so that man shall be guiltless and not liable or culpable for anything, he does or does not do.

Foolish man let another employee con him into knowing. Now man is guilty.

Now God is the Boss shall not all employees account to him?

Like Christ says if in the kingdom of foolish man blaming or abusing the boss for any error has never prevented damnation upon a man, how then is it wise to condemn the All Mighty?

You directed me to Isaiah 45:7, hope you saw the wisdom in verse 9 of it!

Do you think anything Can breach God's authority?.. You think there is anything God created that he can't control?.. "if no, what makes you think the devil is an exception or that the devil does what he like...
Are you in anyway suggesting the devil is a dual opposite of God?

1 Like

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by ABCthings: 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
sonmvayina:
I used to think that the devil actually is an entity, an evil guy that is responsible for all the evils in the world until it dawned on me that a loving God will not create such a being to torment his creation.. So if it is so, where did Christianity get its idea of the devil from?.. Not from Judaism.. Not from the old testament either.. So where?..
The topic differ from the body?

If the devil or Satan did not exist I would still be a Christian good is good and evil is still evil.

God created Lucifer. He chose his own path.

1 Like

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by sonmvayina(m): 11:15pm On Nov 18, 2019
ABCthings:

If the devil or Satan did not exist I would still be a Christian good is good and evil is still evil.

You have not learnt anything...
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by sonmvayina(m): 11:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
ABCthings:

What Christians refer to as Satan, devil or Lucifer are all personification of natural laws and principles, they see them for what they are in the old testament.. Satan is the Lord of the air.. That is the oxygen in the air, the living part of it.. Needless to say without Satan you can't survive.. That is he is the God of the air.. In Babylonian religion he is known as Enlil.. (Google it). The devil on the other hand is the God of darkness or sometimes the ruler of darkness.. Which simply refers to the moon, if you have don geography in school, you will know the benefits of the moon.. He is referred to as Nanna in Babylonian religion.. Lucifer on the other hand also is the goddess of death and war.. Lucifer is a she not a he.. She is the morning star which is the planet Venus.. She is Aphrodite in Greek religion.... She is also the goddess of wisdom... Amongst others.. In the Babylonian pantheon.. Enlil is the father of Nanna and Nanna is the father of inanna(lucifer)..

Google is your friend... There is no harm in researching it..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by ABCthings: 11:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
sonmvayina:

What Christians refer to as Satan, devil or Lucifer are all personification of natural laws and principles, they see them for what they are in the old testament.. Satan is the Lord of the air.. That is the oxygen in the air, the living part of it.. Needless to say without Satan you can't survive.. That is he is the God of the air.. In Babylonian religion he is known as Enlil.. (Google it). The devil on the other hand is the God of darkness or sometimes the ruler of darkness.. Which simply refers to the moon, if you have don geography in school, you will know the benefits of the moon.. He is referred to as Nanna in Babylonian religion.. Lucifer on the other hand also is the goddess of death and war.. Lucifer is a she not a he.. She is the morning star which is the planet Venus.. She is Aphrodite in Greek religion.... She is also the goddess of wisdom... Amongst others.. In the Babylonian pantheon.. Enlil is the father of Nanna and Nanna is the father of inanna(lucifer)..

Google is your friend... There is no harm in researching it..
Gee. Where do you get your believes from?

Based on the bible we believe. Lucifer is a fallen angel who came to steal, kill and destroy. He is the tempter and the prince of this world.

Anything apart from what is written in the bible. My hands are off!

1 Like

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by budaatum: 1:58am On Nov 19, 2019
ABCthings:
Gee. Where do you get your believes from?

Based on the bible we believe. Lucifer is a fallen angel who came to steal, kill and destroy. He is the tempter and the prince of this world.

Anything apart from what is written in the bible. My hands are off!

ABCthings:
I have noticed most people here try to influence other but are not ready to change a bit. Some claim to be hearing straight from the lord and once you point a flaw in their belief they just stop replying you.

Some (esp. sunday landers) just criticize and pull out erroneous ideas. Once you ask them to defend it they will pretend and ignore you.
Some go as far as exposing their ignorance just in an attempt to flaw Christianity

This forum should be a place where we can learn reason together and grow. We should have a bliss community where lives are being transformed and where corrections are done with love. I would love to see where issues carelly analyze. Where threads would still be relevant in years to come. Not just a rigid unchanging place where no one grows.

Anyway I'm partially back to this section and won't be facing atheists much this time 'cus they are really bunch of unserious fellows.

ABC2019
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:26am On Nov 19, 2019
sonmvayina:

Do you think anything Can breach God's authority?.. You think there is anything God created that he can't control?..

"if no, what makes you think the devil is an exception or that the devil does what he like...
Are you in anyway suggesting the devil is a dual opposite of God?

There are 3 types of Laws God made covering the earth: Unbreakable Laws (no one can breach), Breakable Laws and Discretionary Laws

He's controlled everything using these Laws and has provided what shall happen and would happen when breached.

As I have earlier said all the acts and non-acts of all servants/employees/personnel are covered by Rules. And when it is time or when God the CEO wants it, the Disciplinary Hearing/Committee shall call all who have breached the Laws of this company called earth and destroyed it to determine whether they shall be "Fired" or are qualified to continue their work in a remake of the company called earth (judgement)!

In the due excercise of the Rights of our employer God, just as man does on earth as you know!
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by sulasa07(m): 7:56am On Nov 19, 2019
sonmvayina:
The devil isnt directly responsible for all evils,human commit them,satan only puts thought in our mind.
If GOD hadn't create evil,there wouldn't be any way to test us.Its just like going to school without tests and exams, there wouldn't be any school.
Are you sincing towards the atheist side,beta dont let them fool you,they say Devils dont exist,still there is Halloween, they say Devils dont exist,yet they are the ones making most movies about demons and spirit.
Try to read about Baphomet on google,his devil signs are used in all movies and even the logo on the Israeli flag is a cult's sign,magic sign
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by orunto27: 8:07am On Nov 19, 2019
Yes. That's when Christianity will be the sweetest.
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by ABCthings: 9:37am On Nov 19, 2019
budaatum:

What was that for You quoted two of my post and said nothing.

1 Like

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by budaatum: 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
ABCthings:
I don't think I had to say anything since your posts said it all.
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by ABCthings: 12:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
budaatum:

I don't think I had to say anything since your posts said it all.
The two post are not in anyway contradicting. If that is your point.

1 Like

Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by kumulus(m): 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
One is not a Christian because the devil exist or not.....rather because he/she has come to know in acceptance the Christ within him.

NOTE: Christianity is "not by mouth"

-Lloyd
Re: What If, The Devil Don't Exist, Will You Still Be A Christian? by RandomGuy48: 10:56pm On Nov 19, 2019
ABCthings:
Quoting someone else's post while adding nothing of your own is normally a way of expressing agreement, or more specifically implying "you said everything I wanted to, so I have nothing else to add."

Then again, there were two posts quoted, and when that happens, it can be used to imply there was a contradiction of the two. I'm not sure which one was being used here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

5G IS NOT ANTICHRIST I'm Ashamed At some Pastors -Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo / Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo / Christians Are Not Afraid Of Atheists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.