Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 (55964 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2018 Prophecies / TB Joshua's Prophesy About Zimbabwe Military Coup & Robert Mugabe's Removal / George Weah Visits TB Joshua's SCOAN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by Miracleboy2019: 7:20pm On Nov 15, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnDwoEEkLhQ

HOW TB JOSHUA RECONCILED THE SON OF Liberia’s PRESIDENT WITH THE MAN WHO MURDERED HIS FATHER!

- WHY THIS RECONCILIATION BROUGHT PEACE TO LIBERIA

- WATCH THE VIDEO AND READ THE STORY

Nigerian Pastor TB Joshua has just returned from a peace-brokering mission in South Sudan where he led President Salva Kiir Mayardit and his cabinet in prayer for peace at the nation’s Presidential Palace.

However, records reveal this is not the cleric’s first intervention when it comes to brokering peace on a national scale.

In November 2000, Joshua oversaw a heartfelt reconciliation that touched the nation of Liberia between Samuel Doe Jr and the man responsible for gruesomely slaughtering his father, Prince Yormie Johnson.

In the height of Liberia’s brutal civil war, Johnson – then a rebel leader – captured President Samuel Doe in Monrovia and tortured him publicly before executing him in footage seen on news reports around the world.

“Every night I went to sleep, I prayed that one day God would give me to the opportunity to meet this man and kill him to revenge the death of my father,” Samuel Doe Jr publicly admitted during his visit to The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN).

Doe Jr said he harbored this “grudge” for ten long years. Unbeknownst to him and his mother Nancy who came to seek prayers at The SCOAN, the former warlord had ‘repented’, become a Christian and was in attendance at Joshua’s church.

Spotting Johnson amidst the large church crowd, Doe Jr said he felt his blood “run cold” and looked for a weapon to enact revenge.

“I felt like running inside the kitchen to pick up a knife,” he recounted. However, Doe Jr was ‘supernaturally restrained’ from carrying out his vengeful intentions as he was “under the control of the Holy Spirit”.

After publicly confessing what was ‘hindering his salvation’, Joshua counselled the Doe family about the need for forgiveness, after which he prayed for them.

“If Jesus can forgive us of our sins, then who am I to hold a grudge against a child of God,” Samuel announced to rapturous applause from the congregation.

Prince Yormie Johnson then came forward from the crowd and the duo warmly embraced, subsequently joined by Liberia’s former First Lady Nancy Doe and TB Joshua.

In a meeting the next week, Johnson revealed the reconciliation went beyond just the two families but extended to the warring tribes in Liberia.

“This reconciliation will go a long way to unite our two ethnic groups. The war in Liberia started between us and the reconciliation will have to begin with us,” he revealed.

Liberia has since enjoyed peace nationwide for over fifteen years and is steadily cementing its status as a growing democracy in West Africa.

Prince Yormie Johnson has returned to Liberia as a Senator and plays an active role in his country’s politics.

In the run-up to Liberia’s last elections, Johnson visited The SCOAN with George Weah, eventually choosing to endorse the football legend, which proved pivotal to his eventual ascension to Liberia’s Presidency.

TB Joshua also played an important reconciliatory role in Tanzania in the wake of the divisive 2015 elections which saw John Magufuli emerge victorious.

Joshua visited the East African nation, holding extensive meetings with both President Magufuli and opposition leader Edward Lowassa, both of whom had previously visited his church in Lagos.

Citizens acknowledged Joshua’s visit significantly reduced the palpable tensions that existed in the aftermath of the disputed elections and restored peace to the nation.

https://www.thegeniusmedia.com.ng/2019/11/15/how-tb-joshua-reconciled-the-son-of-liberias-president-with-the-man-who-murdered-his-father/

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by tinajohn: 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
"It is not always easy to forgive. If we are Christ’s followers, we must follow His example. If He could forgive the people who were killing Him, we can certainly find a way to forgive those who hurt us. When we cannot forgive, we hurt ourselves more than anyone. Nursing a grudge damages our heart." - TB Joshua

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
^^^So True!

Jesus preached forgiveness:

Mark 11:25-26 (KJV)

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Jesus practiced forgiveness:

Luke 23:34 (KJV)

34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

If after all these Jesus did, you still don't forgive, simply forget about heaven.

Related threads:

https://www.nairaland.com/5460391/father-forgive-know-not-what

https://www.nairaland.com/5459248/once-jesus-spoke-twice-heard

God bless.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by AkwalaIke1: 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2019
you sure say e enter mind

such thing are not forgiven easily

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by NwaAmaikpe: 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2019
shocked

Forgiveness is key.
It can never be overemphasized and this is why the church will always encourage it.

I want to use this medium to congratulate Pastor Biodun Fatonyibo on his victory at the courts and in the spirit of forgiveness I ask that he forgives the Dakolos and not further increase their penury by taking that 1million naira from them.

I also pray that the good lord gives Busola and Timi Dakola the boldness to come and ask for forgiveness from Biodun Fatonyinbo whom they have slandered and maligned but I expect Biodun to give them the public humiliation they deserve when they come crawling.

They have finally learnt that a court trial is not the same as a media trial because Instagram declared them victims but the court has made Biodun the victor.

Who says the court is not the last hope of the common man?

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2019
shocked

My love for this great prophet of God will never die. My respect for him increases on a daily basis .

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by chukwuibuipob: 8:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
cool Gud is Love

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
Some people are nice sha

As for me, I will do everything possible to make sure I put you under, even if na puppy you kill talkless of blood relative.

omoh, only God can reconcile us

8 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by RamseyBolton: 8:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
Old news. Happened many years ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
This is not easy though

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by ForeThinker: 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
Waawuuu
Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by mattbass(m): 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
God is love, we ought so to love and forgive one another.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by Mightyhaiz: 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Nwama ikpu! grin

12 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by Doctee: 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
Set àwọn fake pastors

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by Magnumproperty: 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
Mehn but e no easy oooo
Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by Mandesz(m): 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by DrMuzungu(m): 8:50pm On Nov 15, 2019
You can reconcile me with someone who killed a person dear to me. Everything will look fine, Then, one day, I will have my chance.

16 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by Peroh426: 8:50pm On Nov 15, 2019
Prophet is not always recognized in his father's land kudos to Tb

3 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by jchioma: 8:50pm On Nov 15, 2019
This does not belittle the fact that TB Joshua is a questionable character with loads of controversy trailing him.

His figure as a man of god is doubtable despite the many media whitewash.

4 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by ednut1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
Where is the loot abiola help doe keep cheesy
Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by webngnews: 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
Oh
Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
Mcteww!!!

Reconcile kor. You no see as the boy tie mouth? E still dey pain am. Coded revenge.

Ode.
Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by Lokostic77: 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
Samuel Doe too had offended many people in Liberia so jnr or what he called himself should go and sit down

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by bangbangall: 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
I will say forgiveness is one if the biggest task.
Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by maxiflexy(m): 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
Liberias civil war was brutal, I was an expatriate there during the war

9 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by seangy4konji: 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
Small kids won't know this story.

He even used a knife to cut his ears and balls.. Scrotum

God is forgiveness..

I pray I can have that heart.

A lot of people died in Liberia..it extended to somalia,neighboring.q.Ethiopia famine..a lot of things happen that time.
Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
Ok. That's good.
Re: TB Joshua Reconciled Samuel Doe Jr With Yormie Johnson In 2000 by Mariangeles(f): 8:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
jesusjnr:
^^^So True!

Jesus preached forgiveness:

Mark 11:25-26 (KJV)

25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Jesus practiced forgiveness:

Luke 23:34 (KJV)

34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

If after all these Jesus did, you still don't forgive, forget about heaven.

God bless.