Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs (7974 Views)

Sambo: Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Eastern Rail Line No Longer Feasible / NRC Releases Timetable, Begins Lagos-Ibadan Railway Service On Tuesday / NRC Begins Free Train Rides From Aladja-Warri To Itakpe-Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by QuotaSystem: 8:37am On Nov 16, 2019
Doubleoh7:

Except the phrase "most lucrative" now have a new meaning i'ld love to see where you are heading to

Do you have any figures to back your assumptions?

I've presented mine and it points to a 500% revenue increase in one year.

Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by Doubleoh7: 8:44am On Nov 16, 2019
QuotaSystem:

The reason for the deficit is because of inefficiency due to running costs and not because the route lacks passengers or is not lucrative. The main culprit is diesel cost for generators according to your article, which is national challenge no matter where the rails are located until we fix the power problem. Even at that they're still making so much money that the management is optimistic of breaking even soon (if they haven't already done so since that report considering their revenue growth rate).

Can you say a service whose revenue increased X5 within one year isn't lucrative? Absolutely not.
Stop contradicting yourself!

Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by Doubleoh7: 8:47am On Nov 16, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Do you have any figures to back your assumptions?

I've presented mine and it points to a 500% revenue increase in one year.
Do i have figures to back my assumptions? This has to be the funniest question i've come across. We are both reacting to someone's writeup that came with figures but no since the figures does not align with your narrative they must be rejected

1 Like

Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by QuotaSystem: 8:51am On Nov 16, 2019
Doubleoh7:

One of the reasons Trump was voted in was because he promised raising that wall to checkmate the illegal migrants and yes NRA is a very powerful organisation that even a democrat will approach tactfully but i am at loss how these relates to making a decision that you stand to gain a lot from. Except you are telling me that if tomorrow yorubas oppose buhari's regime, he will shutdown MMIA for years or maybe shutdown the ports under a phony reason

I'm sorry but how will stricter gun control not benefit the citizens? Do you know how many innocent young lives have been avoidably lost to school shootings alone since he assumed office? Yet he chooses to protect the bloody interests of some trigger happy yanks and prioritize it over the safety of school kids.

So in essence, Trump prioritizes the interests of those that put in him office (NRA & those who want the wall) over the democrats that oppose and antagonize him.
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by QuotaSystem: 8:59am On Nov 16, 2019
Doubleoh7:

Do i have figures to back my assumptions? This has to be the funniest question i've come across. We are both reacting to someone's writeup that came with figures but no since the figures does not align with your narrative they must be rejected

I am talking of already realized, collected revenue (N1.2 Billion in ONE year) in 2018 from one service alone.

You are referring to assumed lost audio revenue (of just N1b over FIVE years) that was never collected but assumed to have been lost.

The figures actually support my narrative. Go figure.
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by Doubleoh7: 9:01am On Nov 16, 2019
QuotaSystem:

I'm sorry but how will stricter gun control not benefit the citizens? Do you know how many innocent young lives have been avoidably lost to school shootings alone since he assumed office? Yet he chooses to protect the bloody interests of some trigger happy yanks and prioritize it over the safety of school kids.

So in essence, Trump prioritizes the interests of those that put in him office (NRA & those who want the wall) over the democrats that oppose and antagonize him.
You think its here that someone ditches all electoral promises made once the person is declared winner and then surround himself with family members and dance to the tune of a few and his ethnic group. This right here shows you don't even understand the essence of democracy and electoral system. If today Trump promises to deport all Chinese nationals if given a second term, as morally unsound that maybe, the moment he wins, he will be reminded of that promise cos it is assumed that is one of the reasons he was voted in. This is one of the reasons why over there they lend great importance to debate cos that is where people listen to you articulate your plans for them and know wether to continue standing with you or not.
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by Doubleoh7: 9:07am On Nov 16, 2019
QuotaSystem:

I am talking of already realized, collected revenue (N1.2 Billion in ONE year) in 2018 from one service alone.

You are referring to assumed lost audio revenue (of just N1b over FIVE years) that was never collected but assumed to have been lost.

The figures actually support my narrative. Go figure.
You really need to put on your thinking cap seriously. This article we are debating is referencing pre-2015 figures. You just cited a line that had a x5 increase in revenue in just one year. What makes you think that with the terrible state of roads and insecurity that this same line would not have experienced same sharp increase if not more?

1 Like

Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by QuotaSystem: 9:08am On Nov 16, 2019
Doubleoh7:

You think its here that someone ditches all electoral promises made once the person is declared winner and then surround himself with family members and dance to the tune of a few and his ethnic group. This right here shows you don't even understand the essence of democracy and electoral system. If today Trump promises to deport all Chinese nationals if given a second term, as morally unsound that maybe, the moment he wins, he will be reminded of that promise cos it is assumed that is one of the reasons he was voted in. This is one of the reasons why over there they lend great importance to debate cos that is where people listen to you articulate your plans for them and know wether to continue standing with you or not.

Good you are now making my point.

Politics is about interests of those who put you in office above those who did otherwise, no matter how morally unsound it may be.

I'm clearly done here. Cheers.

Cc: Blue3k2
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by QuotaSystem: 9:11am On Nov 16, 2019
Doubleoh7:

You really need to put on your thinking cap seriously. This article we are debating is referencing pre-2015 figures. You just cited a line that had a x5 increase in revenue in just one year. What makes you think that with the terrible state of roads and insecurity that this same line would not have experienced same sharp increase if not more?

From assumed revenue figures to assumed circumstances. You really need to start thinking up better arguments.

I work with REALITY and not assumptions & audio money. That can't possibly be too hard to understand.
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by maxzzo1(m): 9:19am On Nov 16, 2019
God punish who ever that wrote this crab ..... Is the rail line working?
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by QuotaSystem: 9:19am On Nov 16, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

Nobody is begging Buhari's government to invest in the eastern rail lines. They should just stop disturbing our ears over how much they are loosing due to poor economics of scale decisions.
We are already used to the shenanigans cool

You've either not read through the thread or...

Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by Depressed101: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2019
Guyman02:
Eastern ports: no operation
Eastern airport (Enugu): no operation
Eastern roads: in very bad shape with over a thousand Police checkpoints extorting the people with guns
Eastern rails: no operation

Abuja to Algiers transahara road: Eastern roads not included.
If they ask for their Biafra we clap when the Army opens fire on them with pythons dancing.
If they ask for presidency to be rotated to benefit them also, we remind them that politics is a game of numbers.

But Eastern oil rigs feeding the nation:FULL OPERATION cool

Oga as old as you are, you mean the people should beg the govt to get projects done in a certain region,? How do people reason sef, something they paid for via tax, and you still want them to knee down and beg for it..
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by Mrexcell(m): 10:09am On Nov 16, 2019
cenaman:
East don't deserve any infrastructure from the present administration, they should wait for their looting party PDP. grin

Then the federal government should stop collecting tax frrom them and also stop taking away their natural resources until then if they don't want to build any infrastructure in the SE.
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by biosystech: 10:25am On Nov 16, 2019
maxzzo1:
God punish who ever that wrote this crab ..... Is the rail line working?
The link said it WAS PRIOR to 2015 and was the most lucrative of all railway lines in Nigeria. What happened? Politics came into play. Forget the vandalism excuse given there, it's but a smokescreen to the main issue. If you remember correctly, in 2016 or so, there were/are funds to build that of the west to the north but not the eastern one of which according to Amaechi, the eastern will be taxed twice and will still have to repay the loan used to fund the construction of the railway unlike other regions.

Depressed101:

Oga as old as you are, you mean the people should beg the govt to get projects done in a certain region,? How do people reason sef, something they paid for via tax, and you still want them to knee down and beg for it..
He never mentioned such. In fact, he's on the same wavelength with you. Try reading with an open mind.

1 Like

Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2019
Cork and Bull story.

The rail was operational under Goodluck Jonathan who revitalized rail transport.

Meanwhile, that rail line has so many potential customers and should run daily.

Tell me how it can be vandalized if the trains operate on daily basis.

Yet you are building new rails and refuse to operate existing ones that will fund your operations.

That show they keep running Nigeria at a loss and keep borrowing endlessly.

If it's your personal business, will you run it that way ?
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by gwafaeziokwu: 11:22am On Nov 16, 2019
QuotaSystem:

You've either not read through the thread or...

I read through the post, thank you.

By the way, is that your recent pics. You will suffocate if you don't lift your head up. There is enough air to go round cool
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by slowice(m): 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2019
There seem to became deliberate ploy to stifle the economy and development of the southeast and it didn't start today...this wickedness has been going on for decades. What're they really afraid of? Why re they forcefully suppressing all forms of growth and development of this region.
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by stonecold247: 12:15pm On Nov 16, 2019
OBJ was gifted it,,,so why would they not do same with the Igbo's
QuotaSystem:

Did anybody stop them from contesting or building alliances to gather the numbers like other regions?

No.

I'm sure you don't expect to be gifted the Presidency.
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by QuotaSystem: 12:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
stonecold247:
OBJ was gifted it,,,so why would they not do same with the Igbo's

1. No he wasn't "gifted".

2. They do not deserve any favors or "gifts" from anyone.
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by CsRockefeller(m): 1:49pm On Nov 16, 2019
QuotaSystem:

1. No he wasn't "gifted".

2. They do not deserve any favors or "gifts" from anyone.

Lol. Keep this same energy up in 20-50 years time.

Let's see if your life would have been any better.

As for me, I need to make so much money here, whether it comes from a Yourba, Hausa or Igbo man I don't care.

So Mr man, aside these bitter politics you always display, what's your goal in life?

Before you answer, let's assume which tribe becomes the next President was the least of your worries
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by Legendguru: 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
Oh
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by Cherez: 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Can you plant rocks and harvest tomatoes?
Definitely "No"
But I hope the oil you and your ilks are milking were actually planted by same self-oppressive drillers
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by Cherez: 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Did anybody stop them from contesting or building alliances to gather the numbers like other regions?

No.

I'm sure you don't expect to be gifted the Presidency.
So, show me the alliances you've built which is void of intrigues and shady deals.
Re: Eastern Rail Operations: NRC Loses N1.04bn In 5yrs by Cherez: 11:55pm On Nov 16, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Good you are now making my point.

Politics is about interests of those who put you in office above those who did otherwise, no matter how morally unsound it may be.

I'm clearly done here. Cheers.

Cc: Blue3k2
Sometimes I wonder how the black man reasons.
The West and even Trump people spite wont do what you suggest here.
So, you mean to say Trump will abandon projects in a certain state cos he didnt get their support?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Loses 11.8 Million Naira To US Immigration / Health Profesional Living Or Studying In Canada. / Why Do Nigerian Embassies In The U.S Have Teribble Customer Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.