Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election (23729 Views)

CDD West Africa Fact Checks Peter Obi's Arise TV Interview. / Audio Of Atiku, Okowa, Tambuwal Planning To Rig Election Is Fake - CDD Factcheck / Osun Rerun: CDD Gives Damning Verdict On Election, Makes Shocking Revelations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by DonKachiERA: 10:33am On Nov 16, 2019
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) says a political party is bribing officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Kogi state with up to $1,000 to buy them over and get them to do their bidding on election day.

In a statement issued on Friday, CDD said trained observers deployed in different parts of the state confirmed the information.

It said some bureau de change (BDC) operators within the state have “witnessed an upsurge in the number of customers calling to change USD1000 to Naira.”

“There are indications that a lot of money has been set aside for vote buying on Saturday. Already, our observers have noted the distribution of gift items such as ankara textile materials and rice in Lokoja and Koton Karfe local government areas,” CDD said.

“The use of financial inducement to subvert the credibility of the electoral process is antithetical to the democratic ethos.

“CDD condemns in the strongest possible terms all forms of inducement of poll officials. The Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) expressly frowns at bribery and all forms of inducement of poll officials.

“CDD calls on the anti-corruption agencies, particularly the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) to thoroughly investigate these reports in order to hold to account the perpetrators of these electoral crimes.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/cdd-inec-officials-offered-1000-to-influence-kogi-election/amp

3 Likes

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by NaijaDonCast(m): 10:34am On Nov 16, 2019
Why wont they buy when senate just approved 10billion to yamaha Bello at eve of election period

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by KingAzubuike(f): 10:35am On Nov 16, 2019
cool
Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by respect80(m): 10:36am On Nov 16, 2019
Courtesy of boolhari and his fat f........L of a senate president.

Did I just called him fat?

Naah, he's faaaaaaaaaaaaat rather.

NaijaDonCast:
Why wont they buy when senate just approved 10billion to yamaha Bello at eve of election period

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by Jasen1(m): 10:42am On Nov 16, 2019
$1000

Omo make I go sell my own jare

That's like 360k

Xmas don ready for me

10 Likes

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by respect80(m): 10:43am On Nov 16, 2019
Bello is a scam.

Don't be surprised that 1k$ may still be fake cos nothing legit can ever come out of Bello.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 16, 2019
And some people will collect that money. I wonder how we think in this country. Una dey see as something dey spoil una still dey support am. Once upon a time I would collect that money but now no way. Our generation Don cast. Let's give our kids a chance to a better life. Vote out these bad eggs.

Be it Pdp or apc.

21 Likes

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by Acidosis(m): 11:02am On Nov 16, 2019
Jasen1:
$1000

That's like 360k

Xmas don ready for me

Before you quote me tell me what you stand to gain if you miss this kind of opportunity

$1000 not meant for you but INEC officials. To an average politician, people like you are worth nothing but a can of groundnut with one derica of rice.

Useless citizens.

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by netpro(m): 11:03am On Nov 16, 2019
PDP's desperation is becoming a nuisance. Wailers are online screaming falsehood.

In the afternoon, they will switch over to circulating fake results.

Shameless touts.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by salbis(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2019
INEC officials don start to dey chop their share of #10 billion.

4 Likes

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 16, 2019
APC

2 Likes

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by Guestuser: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2019
Pdp supporters before Election be like ;
No amount of rigging will make Yahaya Bello win.
After election, they be like;
Yahaya Bello won because he rigged massively .
Una go dy alright las las grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by ZombieTERROR: 11:09am On Nov 16, 2019
10 billion naira borrowed one week to election...

What do you expect from APc

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by ainas247: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2019
shocked Its time we vote electronically.
I told my friend that the voter's card should sync
with BVN...

5 Likes

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by Ayed44: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2019
Jasen1:
$1000

That's like 360k

Xmas don ready for me

Before you quote me tell me what you stand to gain if you miss this kind of opportunity
The report says $1,000 for INEC officials, not for electorates. You can only sell ur vote for 2000 naira.

22 Likes

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by supercase1(m): 11:10am On Nov 16, 2019
SMH just 1000 dollars and ignorant people are busy pressing and stamping away their destinies i sometimes agreed to the theory that Africans are more closer to apes than the human race

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by madapcmod: 11:10am On Nov 16, 2019
Senate President Ahmed Lawan's approved 10bn Naira on election week at work.

Fighting corruption kill you there!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by LOWLIFER: 11:11am On Nov 16, 2019
Not unexpected from Yeye Bello embarassed

1 Like

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by Upworkwriter007(f): 11:12am On Nov 16, 2019
It has to be the small boys and the poor niggas.
.big boys will be paid in ghana-must-go bags.

3 Likes

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by chukwuibuipob: 11:12am On Nov 16, 2019
sad nah today undecided? Person wey don collected don do since
Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by solmusdesigns: 11:12am On Nov 16, 2019
grin

Yeye Bello is winning this election

He " Allegedly " plans to buy any available greedy official, including Police and Inec, hopes to pay any hungry electorate off

This is why smart Politicians Like Tinubu and Buhari decided to stay off kogi so as to limit any backlash arising from kogi

4 Likes

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by Officialgarri: 11:13am On Nov 16, 2019
Melaye is busy so you guys should hold on fess..... grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by AuwalYusuf812(m): 11:13am On Nov 16, 2019
√ote buying no be today E start...
Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by Mrexcell(m): 11:14am On Nov 16, 2019
DonKachiERA:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/cdd-inec-officials-offered-1000-to-influence-kogi-election/amp

This is the major reasons why they approved #10b for kogi just two days before the election. Only zombies believes that buhari is truly fighting corruption in nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: CDD: INEC Officials Offered $1,000 To Influence Kogi Election by israelmao(m): 11:19am On Nov 16, 2019
Things are becoming worse under this current government 4years of Bello's tenure has been oppressive and agonizing for Kogi people most especially for the civil servants who worked for several months without salary.Where is all money to subvert people's will coming from?When is Nigeria going to mature politically?A 59years old man is longer a Child considering Nigeria's nationhood.It's time to wake up and make strong demands on our government.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Military Fires Heavy Artillery Gun In Maiduguri / How We Foiled Jonathan’s Effort To Make Mulikat Adeola Speaker - Akande Reveals / My Successors Must Be Younger Than Me —Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.