Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses (31571 Views)

Beninese Operatives Interrogate Sunday Igboho & His Wife, Ropo Adeyemo / Sunday Igboho Escaped From Beninese Airport, Was Lured Back Through Calls / Ex-Army Chief, Buratai Lobbies Beninese Government To Extradite Sunday Igboho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Pipapi1: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2019
oz4real83:
Since Nigeria has said " NO" in capital letters, can't these countries take their goods to other African countries? Is the African free trade not for all African countries? Egypt has an economy as big as that of Nigeria, they have large population, all these countries that keep taking advantage of Nigeria can take their goods there. Sambisa forest belongs to all Nigerians but not all Nigerians will want it as a gift even as large as it is.

Nigerian market constitutes about 25% of total African market as a result, you cannot downplay the strategic importance of Nigerian market to her proximate countries: Niger & Benin.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by nakaman: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2019
what is the objective of ECOWAS if I may ask. Nigeria is affecting the affairs of other countries. Soon this will stop.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by deltateam: 10:32am On Nov 17, 2019
RHAPSODYIDRIS:
Hold your goods and whatever products you produce our dear neighbours.. We want to be consuming our own goods too. We're not only tired of your substandard products, we've fed up with u crumpling our economy.. once a giant is now an ant..

We're getting up again.. bigger and better.. God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I wish I can force that our local rice that is full of sand down your throat for not being sensible.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by oz4real83(m): 10:35am On Nov 17, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
but you said they should send it to Egypt rather than Nigeria. I'm asking if Egypt needs what they were giving Nigerians that Nigerians needed
I was only using Egypt as an example of countries in Africa who signed the free trade agreement. What some of these countries do to Nigeria under the guise of "elder brotheliness", they won't do it to other African countries. Foreign countries and companies are also taking advantage and copying from them. Imagine toyota going to set up a plant in Ghana when the market is in Nigeria. We must take a stand now. I never supported total free trade agreement. I wanted a partial agreement where Africans can trade with Africans only on goods manufactured in Africa, not imported ones as they are doing now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by aytechno(m): 10:38am On Nov 17, 2019
What a good development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 17, 2019
Bubu right now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by sadoroy(m): 10:39am On Nov 17, 2019
Like for Nwamaikpe, Share for

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Kapilta(m): 10:40am On Nov 17, 2019
Nigeria should consider Benin and Niger and open this border.
If for Ghana, i will say the border be closed forever.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by BreconHills(m): 10:42am On Nov 17, 2019
oz4real83:
exactly my point. Funny enough, it is Nigerians hiding under these disguises. It is also Nigerians pressuring these countries to demand border re-opening. These countries have already collected import duties from these importers. They won't lose anything if borders remain closed. Only importers who will be forced to sell their goods cheaply or continue pay for warehousing that will lose.

You are correct.

From the write up it is clear that the Benenoise blame their government. Nigerian importers - many of whom live in both countries are the ones stoking up the case for re-opening of the border. One day, safety standards and technology will wipe out this unhealthy middle man class which only adds costs and no value to the supply chain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by oz4real83(m): 10:46am On Nov 17, 2019
Pipapi1:

Nigerian market constitutes about 25% of total African market as a result, you cannot downplay the strategic importance of Nigerian market to her proximate countries: Niger & Benin.
America is a large market for other countries but they keep sanctioning countries that don't play by their rules. Any country they sanction, do those countries stop doing businesses all because America sanctioned them? They seek other countries, whether legally or illegally to trade with. Check North korea, Iran, china, Russia, Turkey, they still do businesses despite sanctions.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Myde4naija(m): 10:47am On Nov 17, 2019
oz4real83:
exactly my point. Funny enough, it is Nigerians hiding under these disguises. It is also Nigerians pressuring these countries to demand border re-opening. These countries have already collected import duties from these importers. They won't lose anything if borders remain closed. Only importers who will be forced to sell their goods cheaply or continue pay to for warehousing that will lose.
what about their farmer they produce largely for just Nigeria consumption.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Kerfuffle: 10:47am On Nov 17, 2019
President Buahri, please ride on!

From a recent report, Republic du Benin does not accept our Dangote Cement, but they rather import from China, use locally, and attempt to smuggle the rest to Nigeria.

Thank God for the border closure, our local poultry farmers can now smile, crop farmers now have get returns for their dedication and commitment of resources. Benin MUST eat their expired rice, Nigeria has had enough.

Some peeps in this forum prefer we continue importing expired rice rather than advocating for establishment of milling industires to improve the quality of our local rice. Later they'll be complaining of unemployment while readily empowering farmers in other climes.

Nigerian youths, investing in agriculture just got better. You can't be unemployed and have cheap land leasing schemes all around you plus vast lands wasting in your village, it means you are not ready to change your status quo.

4 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by moststylish(m): 10:47am On Nov 17, 2019
Lalami3232:
Good day everyone!!!
Are u interested in learning HTML,CSS, JAVA, JAVASCRIPT, PYTHON and Microsoft SQL? Do you want to take up a career in software development (Mobile, Web and Desktop) so as to increase ur chances of getting a better paying job in 2020? Call 08146536013 or D.M. The world is going digital, so we all need to move along with it
you that knows about all these programs, do you have a job?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Tpresh(f): 10:49am On Nov 17, 2019
okorotalkative:

Most of the goods are substandard, better countries won't even let them bring the goods in..

God bless you for this, most countries won't take what they bring to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by RHAPSODYIDRIS(m): 10:50am On Nov 17, 2019
deltateam:

I wish I can force that our local rice that is full of sand down your throat for not being sensible.

Eyah I'm sorry that u can't..

But sincerely yours, you don't have to be abusive or insulting before your pass a message or register your displeasure... please take note sir.... Do have a glorious sunday..

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Bayoibee: 10:53am On Nov 17, 2019
All these fools better shut d Bleep up, they know Nigeria is a useless country that’s why we’re their number one consumer, do they think it’ll last forever, don’t they know sometime in the future we can still come to our senses and close our borders to start making our own goods for ourselves and exporting as well, hopefully the locally made goods can reduce their prices and improve the quality to make Nigerians accept it...

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Emdee590(m): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2019
okorotalkative:

Most of the goods are substandard, better countries won't even let them bring the goods in..
So we come turn dumping site �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by oz4real83(m): 10:55am On Nov 17, 2019
Myde4naija:
what about their farmer they produce largely for just Nigeria consumption.
their farmers should demand from their govt to stop the illegalities the Nigerian govt is complaining about so that they the farmers can have freedom to do their legal businesses. It is the farmers that suffer from their govt's indiscretion. Nigeria needs their food because we don't produce enough food no matter our govt's pretence. But we don't need the illegal arms and contrabands being smuggled.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 17, 2019
This is one policy that president Buhari would be remeber for.

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Myde4naija(m): 11:01am On Nov 17, 2019
oz4real83:
their farmers should demand from their govt to stop the illegalities the Nigerian govt is complaining about so that they the farmers can have freedom to do their legal businesses. It is the farmers that suffer from their govt's indiscretion. Nigeria needs their food because we don't produce enough food no matter our govt's pretence. But we don't need the illegal arms and contrabands being smuggled.
true but shamful

Nigeria with a large arable land 10time bigger than Benin republic, we still depend on them for food?

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by jamiudarex(m): 11:02am On Nov 17, 2019
HITdemUP:
In a nutshell "dem go groan tire "
because I no say bubu na stubborn guy
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by deltateam: 11:06am On Nov 17, 2019
RHAPSODYIDRIS:

Eyah I'm sorry that u can't..

But sincerely yours, you don't have to be abusive or insulting before your pass a message or register your displeasure... please take note sir.... Do have a glorious sunday..

Okay.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 17, 2019
oz4real83:
I was only using Egypt as an example of countries in Africa who signed the free trade agreement. What some of these countries do to Nigeria under the guise of "elder brotheliness", they won't do it to other African countries. Foreign countries and companies are also taking advantage and copying from them. Imagine toyota going to set up a plant in Ghana when the market is in Nigeria. We must take a stand now. I never supported total free trade agreement. I wanted a partial agreement where Africans can trade with Africans only on goods manufactured in Africa, not imported ones as they are doing now.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 17, 2019
oz4real83:
YOU MOST BE AN ECONOMIC LUMINARY RIGHT ?
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by oz4real83(m): 11:14am On Nov 17, 2019
Lenadiva:
YOU MOST BE AN ECONOMIC LUMINARY RIGHT ?
cheesy
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by megama: 11:28am On Nov 17, 2019
dre11:

https://www.independent.ng/border-closure-beninese-groan-in-pains-lament-loses/

from this article it seems Nigerians are really Lazy. Always want to import everything. For I can't see reason why their agricultural products being DESTINED to Nigeria will be rotten away. Hmm they cultivate to export to Nigeria with labour force more 15 times than their own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by MoIbrahim: 11:40am On Nov 17, 2019
Well, border remains closed

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by adecz: 11:41am On Nov 17, 2019
sad

Nigerians are groaning more than
the Beninoise..

We are groaning, starving, weeping
& gnashing our teeth!! angry

Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by Wettoid123: 11:52am On Nov 17, 2019
U mean Nigeria as a country is so important to this small small Africa country me am just knowing cos I can see the groaning and pain.
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by JamesHanu(m): 12:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
grin grin
Re: Border Closure: Beninese Groan In Pains, Lament Loses by OgbanjeProphet: 12:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
kutashi:
What's wrong with this Newspaper (including Telegraph)! Most of their news nowadays is about how Nigeria is causing problems with border closure. Even if there company are owned by our 'bloda' from the 'yeast', are they into Smuggling business or why are they crying than the breaved?
Rubbish!!! Suckaway inhaling motherfuccker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS: Mr. President Has Spoken And He Means Every Word - Laolu Akande / Khadijah Okunnu-Lamidi Declares Interest In Presidential Race / Where Is Rotimi Amaechi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.