Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

2006 Automatic Toyota Corolla Not Moving With Gears Selected, With Full Throttle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2006 Automatic Toyota Corolla Not Moving With Gears Selected, With Full Throttle (1074 Views)

My Corolla Not Coming Up After Longer Hours In Traffic / Commercial Bus Throttle Cable Tied To The Pedal In Apapa, Lagos State. PHOTOS / Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After His BMW X5's Throttle Gets Stuck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2006 Automatic Toyota Corolla Not Moving With Gears Selected, With Full Throttle by SQADRI(m): 10:10am On Nov 17, 2019
Please help me, Pros!

I was out of town for four (4) months, with my '06 Toyota Corolla parked unused all through the period. The battery terminals were disconnected.

Upon my return, I first struggled with the dead battery but I was able to resolve it. The main concern now is that, when I shifted my gear to drive, the car was supposed to move (an auto transmission). There was no movement, I pressed down the throttle pedal, the engine revved up but nothing on the speedometer. The car was not moving. I changed the gear to reverse and it was the same thing. After a while, the reverse was picking gradually but the grip was not enough.

I am sensing that something is not gripping well when throttled. The car is struggling to pick the message from the gear-shift.

Everything was working perfectly before I travelled. Please advise me.
Re: 2006 Automatic Toyota Corolla Not Moving With Gears Selected, With Full Throttle by sheu01: 10:48am On Nov 17, 2019
My bro scan d car first, after scanning I will know d next line of action

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For An Online Car Curator / Urgent Please! What Gear Oil Do I Use On My Mercedes? / Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lubricant 75w-90

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.