Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? (24861 Views)

Please I'm Looking For Someone To Help Me Buy Keke Tricycle On High Purchase / Are You Looking For Where To Buy Keke Cheaper .....820k / Do I Go For A Keke Or Mini Bus? Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by GoodFaith: 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2019
tinz:
First u need understand every business is a long term venture. U need understand the risk involved in business before going into it. You can either lose your money, make profit this are the two possible way a business can turn out.

From my experience, in 2011 at 24 yrs was my first keke I bought which cost about 350k then. Gave it to a guy who ended up having a serious accident with it making me to loose my cash .
Fast forward 2017 I bought a bus about 700k gave it to someone who ended up not remitting as we agreed I ended up selling the bus.

Fast forward 2018 started a business a restaurant precisely, at first I got disappointed but with consistency, sacrifice, hard work, starvation and prayer. It finally started making sense, Raking in about 250k profit after expenses.

Fast forward 2018 December, bought a car for taxify everything working fine .

My advice for u is you should try having a side hustle before venturing into any business as business is really a risky journey. Also I would advice you go for a car Toyota precisely due to it resale value or Hyundai elantra 2010 version or a Honda civic 2005 version. But for a keke except you are very convinced that the rider won't fall ur hand oh but I doubt because Nigerians are mostly not worth helping

Nigeria People for you
it's me, me, and me
Sad story

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by 3rdeyeNigeria: 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2019
Esseite:
Uber is not a business, it's a static income alongside a depreciating asset, it's just to keep you going for a while until you can maintain no more and give up, the feasibility is only sweet on paper and cloud calculations. its not hate, its fact from experience.

Think of a business that can be grown while you grow, you cannot be innovative doing an uber business neither can you grow the business beyond the app owners.

What is with all this keke and uber topics on front page constantly...
Can't better initiatives be brought in, such as small scale productions/manufacturing, poultry, animal rearing, fast food, mini importation etc...

Wise contribution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by ucham: 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2019
rentAcock:
If you are debating between Keke vs car, it means you haven't carried out a feasibility study yet. You are only trying to do what everyone else is doing without having concrete figures to help you decide.

Oga this question he is asking is part of the feasibility study. If you have suggestions for him give him.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by victorian(f): 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
Solomon8144:

Shut up albino.
What do you know about being a man. All these dumb Nigerian no levels feminist sef.

Person wey e Maga pay e dey find wetn go dey give am small small cash on a regular from there e go dey bomb steady dey pursue bigger rabaz you're telling him to be riding keke from morning till night,tell me which time e go get for steady bombing and to dey update client.

High purchase TB na gee boys business they just need somewhere to be getting cash on a ready while chasing the big bag.

Albino once again shut up you too dey do anyhow.
Talkative!

Did I struck a nerve? Eeyah, the truth hurts and it's deafening in your ears. Lol

Anyways I don't see anything bad in it , if the Op drives the uber or keke by himself.
I know neighbors who are doing it and they are alive, hale and hearty till date.
While some who gave theirs out, have sad tales to remitt afterwards.

Word is enough for the wise.

And Mr colour blindness, I'm not albino. Go fix those faulty eyes of yours, it can save u later in life.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Champneys: 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2019
Buy Omolanke or wheel barrow, odensin!
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by ecclize: 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2019
Even Nairalanders are more confused than OP

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by wristbangle: 4:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
victorian:
Why can't you ride the keke or uber yourself? Give anyone to drive any of these machines, you will regret massively. And loose big time.

As this is the only source of income u are about to delve into, shelve pride and ride it yourself. You are a man.

OP stick to the advice of this lady. If I have a personal car, I will do Uber or taxify myself. Am not giving it to useless drivers.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
tinz:
First u need understand every business is a long term venture. U need understand the risk involved in business before going into it. You can either lose your money, make profit this are the two possible way a business can turn out.

From my experience, in 2011 at 24 yrs was my first keke I bought which cost about 350k then. Gave it to a guy who ended up having a serious accident with it making me to loose my cash .
Fast forward 2017 I bought a bus about 700k gave it to someone who ended up not remitting as we agreed I ended up selling the bus.

Fast forward 2018 started a business a restaurant precisely, at first I got disappointed but with consistency, sacrifice, hard work, starvation and prayer. It finally started making sense, Raking in about 250k profit after expenses.

Fast forward 2018 December, bought a car for taxify everything working fine .

My advice for u is you should try having a side hustle before venturing into any business as business is really a risky journey. Also I would advice you go for a car Toyota precisely due to it resale value or Hyundai elantra 2010 version or a Honda civic 2005 version. But for a keke except you are very convinced that the rider won't fall ur hand oh but I doubt because Nigerians are mostly not worth helping

Bro like how much did you use in starting the restaurant business?

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Jestin: 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2019
Jestin:
Buy a Toyota Corolla and register it with Uber in Abuja and not Benin because Abj has a better road conditions compare to benin. U don’t have to reside in Abuja as the agreed amount will be credited into your account monthly or weekly depending on the agreement. I am from Benin and I know the roads are bad outside the major road.
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by VanTee20(m): 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2019
englishmart:
Keke, car, Uber. Why not buy three of them grin

You have devoted thousands of posts dragging people over their incorrect sentences and here you are ending your last sentence without a question mark.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by stamapro(m): 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
Keke or car, both get their pros n cons, just Sha ready to take risk, that's what life is about, do ur homework well with prayers. Launch into the one u get conviction after u don calculate base on wetin u know, guy you no go fit know all the issues. You go Sha learn some bitter truths on the job. If u fail take am in good faith, you have added to your knowledge on what not to do. I advise say you do it yourself. I support a friend with 50k, to buy Golf 3, him no even Sabi drive, believe me, him go learn begin transport biz, himself, less than two year he got a Jetta , the guy now gave out the golf. Somebody the help am runs the golf. So take action bobo. The two biz good, just make ur choose.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by englishmart(m): 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
VanTee20:

You have devoted thousands of posts dragging people over their incorrect sentences and here you are ending your last sentence without a question mark.
ok

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by victorian(f): 4:23pm On Nov 18, 2019
wristbangle:

OP stick to the advice of this lady. If I have a personal car, I will do Uber or taxify myself. Am not giving it to useless drivers.

I wonder o

If I have such machine as my only source of income, I wil do it myself too.

I don't see anything demeaning in it.

It's better to be financially independent, than to claim I have a car somewhere driven by someone but babe please can I come and have lunch at your office or be begging for stipends to survive, all because the person, he gave his car to had it crashed, engine knocked or it's locked up somewhere in VIO office.

I know of a guy like that, doing fine guy, he gave his car out for uber but he must always leech on me for food and other stuffs.. It's annoying. I asked him one day, does my office look like a restaurant to you? What kind of problem is this for God sake?

I asked him one day, Guy! What do u do during the day? He says nothing.
Then, Where he is your car? It's parked in the garage , the guy who's meant to drive it couldn't even call he's not coming today. Or sometimes he will say he's driving round third mainland just cruising the car and can he come and take lunch? He's famished.

I just shook my head, hissed and walked away.
Hunger never wire you! When u begin see ordinary paper as money, body go tell u, to go out there and work!

No food for lazy man!

Because of that singular lazy acts. I didn't date him when I had no bf back then. I can't be hustling to make it and he's there doing Boss! OK nah!

5 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by azeezboi(m): 4:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
let me tell you a little bit about my keke business,
in August 2018 I bought a keke and put it out on hire purchase,one thing I'm doing is that i don't touch every weekly income from the keke and now my keke is now 2.
All you need to do is to pray over your business.
keke business is lucrative with proper management of funds

I'm residing in mushin lagos state

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Solomon8144: 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
victorian:

I wonder o

It's better to be financially independent, than to claim I have a car somewhere driven by someone but babe please can I come and have lunch at your office or be begging for stipends to survive, all because the person, he gave his car to had it crashed, engine knocked or it's locked up somewhere in VIO office.

I know of a guy like that, doing fine guy, he gave his car out for uber but he must always leech on me for food and other stuffs.. It's annoying. I asked him one day, does my office look like a restaurant to you? What kind of problem is this for God sake?

Then, Where he is your car? It's parked in the garage , the guy who's meant to drive it couldn't even call he's not coming today. Or sometimes he will say he's driving round third mainland just cruising the car and can he come and take lunch? He's famished.

Hunger never wire you! When u begin see ordinary paper as money, body go tell u, to go out there and work!

No food for lazy man!

Because of that singular lazy acts. I didn't date him when I had no bf back then. I can't be hustling to make it and he's there doing Boss! OK nah!
Albino please shut the fvck up.
Who see you go think say this one dey hardworking no go know say na Pussy be your own cc

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by stamapro(m): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
victorian:

I wonder o

No food for lazy man!

grin haha the guy man no like stress na, that's y him na employer of labour.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Destol090: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2019
Damnnñnnnn niggarrr!
Nor be all road keke fit pass for Benin city. Their movement is restricted here in Benin city! And secondly keke napep cost. Na when i jam one guy own after i don drink some bottles with my lexus for pz sapele road Benin city i take know for. The idiot say make i buy new one
But if i say make you buy car now ehnnnn.
I nor sure say you go get profit

Brother! Open HK(huzzle kingdom) with the small money when you get
then real niggarrrz go give you updated tools and format[/quote]

Message me your contact or contact me 08028816009
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Destol090: 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnñnnnn niggarrr!
Nor be all road keke fit pass for Benin city. Their movement is restricted here in Benin city! And secondly keke napep cost. Na when i jam one guy own after i don drink some bottles with my lexus for pz sapele road Benin city i take know for. The idiot say make i buy new one

then real niggarrrz go give you updated tools and format

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by wristbangle: 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
victorian:

I wonder o

No food for lazy man!

Lol. I still find it hard to believe some guys still cruise in this economic hardship hence faking rich lifestyle. How can one have a source of living and be throwing it away for strangers. Maybe na village people dey him matter.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Destol090: 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2019
Solomon8144:

Shut up albino.
What do you know about being a man. All these dumb Nigerian no levels feminist sef.

Person wey e Maga pay e dey find wetn go dey give am small small cash on a regular from there e go dey bomb steady dey pursue bigger rabaz you're telling him to be riding keke from morning till night,tell me which time e go get for steady bombing and to dey update client.

High purchase TB na gee boys business they just need somewhere to be getting cash on a ready while chasing the big bag.

Albino once again shut up you too dey do anyhow.
Talkative!

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by folake4u(f): 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
CuriousX:
Hello nairalanders

I need your advice. I want to do transport biz in Benin. I am considering buying a tricycle and giving it to somebody to drive on hire purchase or buy a car for Uber biz in Benin.

Please which do you think will be more profitable with reasons pls. I am tilting towards keke as I feel Benin is not as busy as Lagos and uber will not give returns like keke in Benin. Thank you all in advance.

Mods I will appreciate front page to get more advice. Don't want to make mistake

Hi there! I'm a resident of Benin.

It should be noted that keke is restricted in some parts in Benin. For instance in Benin, keke DO NOT ply major roads(maybe it does in Ekpoma, Auchi, Ubiaja or other Edo North area but as long as it's in Benin, it doesnt).
The only areas keke is allowed to operate is streets, local areas and majorly streets that are not motorable ie. flooded streets when rain falls, muddy or swampy environ etc.The job of the keke is to convey people from those streets to the main road and na there e end.

Well... As for the Uber, you might not make money there, Uber was recently established in Benin not up to 3months here, it hasn't laid full ground here and people complain it's quite expensive. Meanwhile the indigenes prefer Taxify(now Bolt) esp. students. Infact they're making money from people here. So I'd suggest you register with Bolt instead.

As for the keke biz, hmmm, Benin has mad drivers oh, they dont care about your keke, they will insult you and your keke just to spite you, infact anytime you see them just clear road for them, if not it will end in tears.

Lastly, why dont you do the Taxify thingy yourself? I think its more cheaper and economical to do. Its hard these days to trust people with your money esp. strangers.

my two pence tho.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by chloride6: 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2019
YungMike:
Why not buy Okada? Buy like three or four of it and give it out on Hire Purchase. Since you stated Benin road ain't that good. Okada should be your best bet. All the best.

Meanwhile, If you've anyone traveling outside Nigeria or a Nigerian living outside the country that wants a calling service that'd enable him/her call family and friends in Nigeria at a very cheap rate. Check my signature for contact

Banned in Benin because of crime
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by mechanics(m): 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2019
Keke don't have second hand value o.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by MisterChairman(m): 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2019
bros go buy car for uber and enjoy ur cool money .. nor reason keke at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by SirGB(m): 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
Destol090:

Bruv. I'll hala you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Bimpe29: 5:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
Buy any car manufactured not later than 2010 with genuine papers and bring it to Brekete Taxi in Abuja.
This is a trusted company, with an assured and consistent remittance of returns as well as available market for your proposed transport service.
Also, Abuja has a better roads and population compared to Benin.
You don't need to be a resident of Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by victorian(f): 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
wristbangle:

Lol. I still find it hard to believe some guys still cruise in this economic hardship hence faking rich lifestyle. How can one have a source of living and be throwing it away for strangers. Maybe na village people dey him matter.

As in ehn? I was shocked at his fake rich lifestyle he was doing.

At this buhari's era?? Jeez!

Have been through hell and back through my struggles in life, I'm not ready to be saddled with such man at all! As in ehn? I don't need such man around me one bit!
I have single-handedly paid bills and school fees for my younger ones for years ..i had to turn into a man to go thru such hardship. That phase is now gone. I will then be saddled with a kid in a grown man's body? Again? With bills!!!! Jesus Christ!
Abeg! If you are not ready to work hard with me and make use of the tools u have to reek in money, then Biko, date the next girl. I'm Better off alone!

Don't mind him.
Mind you, he's still looking for a gf till date. No correct babe ready for such laziness.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by adigun98(m): 5:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnñnnnn niggarrr!

then real niggarrrz go give you updated tools and format
Nigarr you make sense die....
Abeg we fit reason base on the HK ?
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by victorian(f): 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
Solomon8144:

Albino please shut the fvck up.
Who see you go think say this one dey hardworking no go know say na Pussy be your own cc

cheesy For your mind.

Do u honestly think I care if you feel it's pussy I use or not?

Lol, I don't fucvking care.

My hustles is between me and God, not you!

Think whatever you like!!! At least most naija man mindset does not go beyond oloshoism In ladies.

We've heard and seen it a zillion times, yours is not different from what we see and hear everytime.. So keep ranting!!!!!

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Surfing: 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
Jestin:
Buy a Toyota Corolla and register it with Uber in Abuja and not Benin because Abj has a better road conditions compare to benin. U don’t have to reside in Abuja as the agreed amount will be credited into your account monthly or weekly depending on the agreement. I am a from Benin and I know the roads are bad outside the major road.
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by bonnyhope: 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
victorian:

As in ehn? I was shocked at his fake rich lifestyle he was doing.

At this buhari's era?? Jeez!

Have been through hell and back through my struggles in life, I'm not ready to be saddled with such man at all! As in ehn? I don't need such man around me one bit!
I have single-handedly paid bills and school fees for my younger ones for years ..i had to turn into a man to go thru such hardship. That phase is now gone. I will then be saddled with a kid in a grown man's body? Again? With bills!!!! Jesus Christ!
Abeg! If you are not ready to work hard with me and make use of the tools u have to reek in money, then Biko, date the next girl. I'm Better off alone!

Don't mind him.
Mind you, he's still looking for a gf till date. No correct babe ready for such laziness.

who is this fake girl on this thread sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 / Lovely Pictures Of Tinapa Water Park. / Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.