Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? (24841 Views)

Please I'm Looking For Someone To Help Me Buy Keke Tricycle On High Purchase / Are You Looking For Where To Buy Keke Cheaper .....820k / Do I Go For A Keke Or Mini Bus? Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Pavarottii(m): 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
Solomon8144:

Shut up albino.
What do you know about being a man. All these dumb Nigerian no levels feminist sef.

Person wey e Maga pay e dey find wetn go dey give am small small cash on a regular from there e go dey bomb steady dey pursue bigger rabaz you're telling him to be riding keke from morning till night,tell me which time e go get for steady bombing and to dey update client.

High purchase TB na gee boys business they just need somewhere to be getting cash on a ready while chasing the big bag.

Albino once again shut up you too dey do anyhow.
Talkative!
So it's a woman u r ranting like this... U sound like u av a weak personality as a man.... Grow up

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Kazkaz: 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hey man. Sent you a DM already. Let's try connect better on DM. I can help you put your car on the road in Abuja and then give you guaranteed monthly returns. Reply me via dm or call this number 0815 808 6273. Looking forward to a fruitful business relationship with you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Rolly22(m): 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnñnnnn niggarrr!
Nor be all road keke fit pass for Benin city. Their movement is restricted here in Benin city! And secondly keke napep cost. Na when i jam one guy own after i don drink some bottles with my lexus for pz sapele road Benin city i take know for. The idiot say make i buy new one
But if i say make you buy car now ehnnnn.
I nor sure say you go get profit

Brother! Open HK(huzzle kingdom) with the small money when you get
then real niggarrrz go give you updated tools and format

Real Nigga, wetin be the update na? I need tools oh, Street Don hard.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by adedapodvirus001(m): 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2019
If you are interested in taking a farely used keke maruwa for hire purchase, Kindly reach me through what'sapp on 07080138254.

You must reside around Igando, Isheri or ikotun area of Lagos state

You must have two viable guarantors

You must be ready to deposit 10% of the cost price of the Keke.

Other conditions also applies but will be discussed later.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Rolly22(m): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2019
Solomon8144:

Shut up albino.
What do you know about being a man. All these dumb Nigerian no levels feminist sef.

Person wey e Maga pay e dey find wetn go dey give am small small cash on a regular from there e go dey bomb steady dey pursue bigger rabaz you're telling him to be riding keke from morning till night,tell me which time e go get for steady bombing and to dey update client.

High purchase TB na gee boys business they just need somewhere to be getting cash on a ready while chasing the big bag.

Albino once again shut up you too dey do anyhow.
Talkative!

Real Gee, abeg come collect one bottle of Ace

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Solomon8144: 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2019
Destol090:

Message me your contact or contact me 08028816009
angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnñnnnn niggarrr!
Nor be all road keke fit pass for Benin city. Their movement is restricted here in Benin city! And secondly keke napep cost. Na when i jam one guy own after i don drink some bottles with my lexus for pz sapele road Benin city i take know for. The idiot say make i buy new one

Bro abeg help me with this HK level, street too tight, please reach me on WhatsApp +1 402-619-0715

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Fhemmmy: 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
CuriousX:

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience with me. I don't have a side hustle right now and I will be depending on this 100 percent. I am getting support funds to do this so I can't afford to fail. You did these businesses in Lagos or Benin? The roads in Benin are not good that is why I am scared of uber as I will not be driving myself. I was going to buy the keke and put it on a motorable route so that repair would be minimal. Did you do hire purchase? Ie driver takes over the car/keke after balancing a certain amount? How about repairs? Who pays for it? Thanks for your time

Based on the bold sentence, i will assume that you are currently unemployed? Please let us know if that is the case.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Felicity001(m): 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2019

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Felicity001(m): 7:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
From your comment you simply don't have a slight knowledge about the e-hailing business.
Let me educate you, weather uber or bolt/taxify it's just a platform for both riders and drivers while the owners of these platforms collect commission for services render. One can operate on both platform with same car.
Talking of cost, make use of the two service providers with same conditions in 3-4 cases then draw your conclusion base of your result.
Edo State in general has bad roads so anybody thinking of going into transportation business should be ready to visit the mechanic if not daily but weekly.
So OP, just like I said earlier, advice na stranger, if you insist in going into transportation business and in Benin go for the keke bcoz its will be a brand new one before it will start giving problems the HP tenor must have gone and most importantly pray to get a good person. Since it's like I doubt if you'll see good people on that but if where to be a car I can assure you to meet a good and responsible young graduate. I speak with facts, graduates are into uber/bolt business both in Lagos and Abuja. But if na like or bus what do you expect? A graduate to stand so low to ride a joke or a bus? Think about it
[qquote author=folake4u post=84146576]

Hi there! I'm a resident of Benin.

It should be noted that keke is restricted in some parts in Benin. For instance in Benin, keke DO NOT ply major roads(maybe it does in Ekpoma, Auchi, Ubiaja or other Edo North area but as long as it's in Benin, it doesnt).
The only areas keke is allowed to operate is streets, local areas and majorly streets that are not motorable ie. flooded streets when rain falls, muddy or swampy environ etc.The job of the keke is to convey people from those streets to the main road and na there e end.

Well... As for the Uber, you might not make money there, Uber was recently established in Benin not up to 3months here, it hasn't laid full ground here and people complain it's quite expensive. Meanwhile the indigenes prefer Taxify(now Bolt) esp. students. Infact they're making money from people here. So I'd suggest you register with Bolt instead.

As for the keke biz, hmmm, Benin has mad drivers oh, they dont care about your keke, they will insult you and your keke just to spite you, infact anytime you see them just clear road for them, if not it will end in tears.

Lastly, why dont you do the Taxify thingy yourself? I think its more cheaper and economical to do. Its hard these days to trust people with your money esp. strangers.

my two pence tho.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2019
Guy.. do taxify or uber... The rate at which people order these services is alarming...in Unilag we finished exams around nov 4th but i stay in school till the last until the DSA chased students out entirely from the campus.. we were asked to evacuate... My means was to use taxify because i was wondering how to carry my pots, suits and many things... Then i tried ordering taxify or uber.. oh boy they were scarce.. students have ordered them finish ...lol grin ... before u knw it..if you order from inside unilag.. Price surge everywhere...i later ordered taxify... My taxify came all the way from the third mainland bridge.. cos i was seeing it on the map and i was shouting in surprised.. took it 45mins to get to my location...

My point is that taxify and uber business is booming.... This Nigerians would be shouting buhari up and down is sucking them dry.. but they have money oh.. the rate at which they order taxify and uber or buy iphones is alarming... So seize the opportunity.. if u start with a car.. one car can generate you another income in a year and you will get ur capital bck..in two years.. you can afford another car and put back..which would generate you double profits...think of how to earn and even be at home relaxing your self while others rush to work.. thats one of my goals to achieve

Information technology (IT) is changing everything.. why use keke when you can use taxify for business....keke person might lie and deceive you when it come to accounting of profits.. but taxify has records of ride and earnings.. so choose wisely

5 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by cletz991(m): 7:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnñnnnn niggarrr!

boss we need to relate. I am currently in benin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by CuriousX: 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Based on the bold sentence, i will assume that you are currently unemployed? Please let us know if that is the case.

Yes that is the case. The Biz I am in brings no more money cos it is saturated. No more sales so no commission
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by CuriousX: 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2019
Jestin:
Buy a Toyota Corolla and register it with Uber in Abuja and not Benin because Abj has a better road conditions compare to benin. U don’t have to reside in Abuja as the agreed amount will be credited into your account monthly or weekly depending on the agreement. I am a from Benin and I know the roads are bad outside the major road.

My mind will not rest. I can't just buy a car and give to somebody in Abuja. I will not see the car to know the condition, if anything I will have to travel and I don't know anybody there or know my way.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by CuriousX: 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2019
rentAcock:
If you are debating between Keke vs car, it means you haven't carried out a feasibility study yet. You are only trying to do what everyone else is doing without having concrete figures to help you decide.

This is part of the study.
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by CuriousX: 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
DonCaxton:
Consider what 'Kekes' go through at the hands of Nigerian Police, their (Keke) Union and Local government officials. Plus restrictions that apply to their movements in your state. You may want to ask those who ride Tricycles in your area if Hire Purchase arrangements favor the owner.
So Uber might be a better choice in the long run, unless you want to give it to a driver to be making returns. In which case, they'll wreck your vehicle and return scrap to you after a short while.

For me, I'd go for Uber, and drive it myself, giving me full control of my investment. Both have pros and cons.

Speaking of pros, if you were in Lagos, I'd have suggested that you can also get a pro and experienced IELTS tutor in Lagos, by sending a mail to editus dot ng at gmail dot com.

Good luck with your choice.

I don't know how to drive yet, would have done the uber myself

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
CuriousX:

That may be a problem.
Go for Keke then.
All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by CuriousX: 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2019
A305:
First option

Uber isn't thriving in Benin as lagos but that don't mean it doesn't operate at all plus a car has good resale value especially when it is corrolla. You spend more investing in this business but if it fails, you can still recoup with minimal loss provided you have comprehensive insurance on the car. However, you minimize you chances of failure when the car is on HP. Solved.

Second option

Keke is wildly used in Benin but no resale value. Can't be monitored as much as a car. You spend less to acquire in comparison to acquiring a car but no chance of recouping even half of your capital if business fails as fairly used Keke sells for 250k or 300k. And when it gets stolen, that's the end of it all. Solved.

Choose wisely my friend, the ball is in your Stamford brigde.

Thank you for taking time out to advice me. I never thought of resale value. And it is very important incase I want to exit the business

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by CuriousX: 8:15pm On Nov 18, 2019
YungMike:
Why not buy Okada? Buy like three or four of it and give it out on Hire Purchase. Since you stated Benin road ain't that good. Okada should be your best bet. All the best.

Meanwhile, If you've anyone traveling outside Nigeria or a Nigerian living outside the country that wants a calling service that'd enable him/her call family and friends in Nigeria at a very cheap rate. Check my signature for contact

Thanks No okada in Benin
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Godbuoy: 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2019
CuriousX:

Go and learn how to drive.
U can go to a driving school or buy the car and tell ur friend that knows how to drive to teach u in an open field.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by CuriousX: 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2019
Omokiri1:
Whatever decision you arrive at, make sure the agreement is for hire purchase and not daily return

ok thanks i will do that
Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by CuriousX: 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2019
ornicus:
how much direct oversight will you have?

For the keke i intended to put it in a route not far away in my area so i can see it weekly or more than once weekly. For the car, i would put a tracker, Do you have any suggestion?

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
CuriousX:

For the keke i intended to put it in a route not far away in my area so i can see it weekly or more than once weekly. For the car, i would put a tracker, Do you have any suggestion?

Ask on the Uber thread. They may be able to point you in the right direction

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Fhemmmy: 8:48pm On Nov 18, 2019
CuriousX:

Yes that is the case. The Biz I am in brings no more money cos it is saturated. No more sales so no commission

If you are unemployed at the moment, is there ANY reason why you can't drive the Uber by yourself but instead give it to someone to drive? One of the great thing i have seen about Uber all over the world has been the employment opportunity that it has given to people that are willing to work . . . .I think you should have a re-think and drive the Uber yourself. Also, you can't imagine the kind of people you will meet while driving it.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Fhemmmy: 8:49pm On Nov 18, 2019
CuriousX:

While someone is driving it for you, what do you plan to be doing in the house, i guess you too posh or Behind to drive it yourself?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by CuriousX: 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2019
chidekings:
You are depending on it 100 percent,and u don't want to run it yourself,what else are you doing with your 24 hours a day?

i am learning digital marketing skills(blogging dropshipping etc) in order to be able to make money online. i dont know how to drive yet

2 Likes

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by Fhemmmy: 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
CuriousX:

i am learning digital marketing skills(blogging dropshipping etc) in order to be able to make money online. i dont know how to drive yet

As an Uber driver and owner of the car, you have time in your hand to do anything else you want to do because you are able to design your own work hours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2019
DON'T COMMIT YOUR TRANSPORT BUSINESS TO ANYONE, MY LITTLE ADVICE, TAKE TAKE A TRIP TO NASARAWA STATE, USE THE N350K OUT OF THE N650K YOU WANT TO USE FOR KEKE, USE THE MONEY BUY EGUSI STORE THERE AND GO BACK TO YOUR BASE, COME BACK BY FEBRUARY TO RESELL. A BAG OF EGUSI THERE NOW, NEW ONE GOES FOR N40K HERE IN OGUN STATE IT GOES FOR N55K, YOU CAN IMAGINE THE PROFIT, TALK MORE OF BUYING AND STORING TILL FEB, JUST 3 MONTHS FROM NOW. I AM SERIOUSLY WORKING HAD TO ACHIEVE THIS, THIS NOVEMBER.

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by CuriousX: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
Yinkagbo:

Bro,you explained it all........my eyes see pepper for my driver's hands.......

In Benin? share your experience abeg. Hire purchase?

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by CuriousX: 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2019
Amba555:
If you are riding the Keke yourself, no problem but if you want to give it to someone else to balance you at the end... run

Even the most trusted persons still disappoint.

I know of lots of persons whose cordial relationship were destroyed cos of biz like this.

Do it yourself if you can on good motorable routes with high traffic.

It's a biz you will gain just the stress which you can still work at your convenience.

mebad:

If you don’t have a side hustle , why not drive it yourself ?

victorian:
Why can't you ride the keke or uber yourself? Give anyone to drive any of these machines, you will regret massively. And loose big time.

As this is the only source of income u are about to delve into, shelve pride and ride it yourself. You are a man.

NonFarmPayrol:
Drive it yourself oh

i dont know how to drive yet

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by ojibole(m): 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2019
Buy keke and you'll make your money fast if where you put it is busy or buy those mini buses that run 1st to oluku you'll still make your bar

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy Keke Or A Car For Uber In Benin? by inas911(m): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnñnnnn niggarrr!

But why are Nigerians like this. Imagine the advice this guy is giving. Very funny �

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 / Money Doubling Spells / From Peddling Clothes On The Streets To Owing His Own Clothing Shop (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.