Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit (77931 Views)

Kayode Ogundamisi Names Goodluck Jonathan As His Man Of The Decade / APC UK Mocks Patience Jonathan As Supreme Court Upholds FG’s Seizure Of $8.4m / Fayose Describes Goodluck Jonathan As 'a Man Whose Sweat Watered The Democracy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Klington: 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2019
[s]
Patrioticman007:

GEJ aka Mr Clueless. Necessity is the mother of invention. Corruption made us voted GEJ out in 2015. Corruption made us voted PDP out in 2019. Its beyond GEJ will, for it is the will of people. Its called change.
[/s]
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by GreyLaw(m): 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2019
maestroferddi:
Rules may not stringently apply but Jonathan will further drift into irrelevance in PDP.

People are watching and taking notice.

Dickson has been a misfit and an ingrate but PDP will certainly re-appraise Jonathan's place in the party.

People will see it that he is taking the party for a ride.

It was he who handed power to the opposition because of manifest weakness and non-performance.

It is he again who claimed to be the leader of the party in the state yet he could whip an ordinary Dickson into line when Wike nay Secondus are his loyalists.

Something must give...

Ordinary Dickson, is that the title you gave to a governor and former soldier?

Governors in Nigeria are overlords and nobody can take them for granted. OBJ with all his belligerence couldn't silence Tinubu. Osiomole is still grappling with Obaseki.

I honestly do not think it is that simple.

1 Like

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by vineyardfarms: 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
Frankiss44:
The only lesson to learn from this is not to get killed for any politician... Your death will be in vain
YES. GOD BLESS YOU . GOD BLESS YOU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by maestroferddi: 8:17pm On Nov 18, 2019
GreyLaw:

Ordinary Dickson, is that the title you gave to a governor and former soldier?

Governors in Nigeria are overlords and nobody can take them for granted. OBJ with all his belligerence couldn't silence Tinubu. Osiomole is still grappling with Obaseki.

I honestly do not think it is that simple.
Jonathan is a weakling,. Pure and simple.

Dude was a figurehead in power while his ministers were either having a free looting as if there would be no tomorrow or insulting him to his face.

Being a good man is not enough.

Only capable and determined men should be entrusted with power.

Today innocent people in PDP are paying for Jonathan's grave incompetence.

Why do some people like high-handed leaders like Buhari? Because African tradition abhors effeminateness in leaders.

Africans rever strong men....they are awed by them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by slivertongue: 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
APT. some of d xters insultin GEJ know nothin byond sentiment &propaganda. osun &kogi election were all about party...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by slivertongue: 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2019
leave GEJ alone. pdp members kicked out pdp govt in Edo, Imo &Anambra &d heavens didnt fall. if u get dia act lik Stalin

1 Like

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by imiski(m): 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
joshrare:
Noise maker and an attention seeking slowpoke. A local champion.
just look at what you turned Nigeria to.
bull dog!!!
YOUR FADA!!! If you understand anything about politics even down to the spelling, you'll be grateful for the rest of your misrable life.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2019
Politicians are wonderful people see as them dey use our head dey play lido
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by ada9ja(f): 8:40pm On Nov 18, 2019
Who else noticed that the Jonathan visit to buhari at abuja meant this....Bayelsa for APC?

1 Like

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Kawabonga(m): 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
Sirjamo:
Dr Clueless is technically an APC member, I am too old to believe that "Father to all" crap!!!
Who dey reason ur inconsequential opinion about GEJ?
U better look for something meaningful to do with ur hapless life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Kawabonga(m): 8:48pm On Nov 18, 2019
joshrare:
Noise maker and an attention seeking slowpoke. A local champion.
just look at what you turned Nigeria to.
bull dog!!!
Anumpama
npi
And who's ur father??
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Omoslim26: 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
Sirjamo:
Dr Clueless is technically an APC member, I am too old to believe that "Father to all" crap!!!

That guy called jonathan is the worst thing dat has happened to Pdp
dat guy needs real orientation on how to play Nigerian politics

1 Like

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Kawabonga(m): 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
Patrioticman007:

GEJ aka Mr Clueless. Necessity is the mother of invention. Corruption made us voted GEJ out in 2015. Corruption made us voted PDP out in 2019. Its beyond GEJ will, for it is the will of people. Its called change.
And I guess corruption has finally been "eradicated". Una go soon get sense las las
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Bloggers: 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
LordVarys:
Leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Bayelsa, said they visited former President Goodluck Jonathan after Saturday’s governorship elections in recognition of his position as the father and leader of the state.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the Minister of State for Petroleum , Chief Timipre Sylva, led APC leaders including governor-elect David Lyon, to visit the former president’s home on Monday.

Sylva noted that as a former president and leader of the state, Jonathan deserved to be respected and honoured by all Bayelsa people, irrespective of their party leanings.

“Being a former president of the country and a past governor of the State, Jonathan remains an asset to the state and his inputs will always be needed to advance the course of governance in the Bayelsa. As such, it was important for us to introduce the governor-elect to him and seek his support and guidance in building a better Bayelsa,” he said.

Responding, Jonathan tasked Lyon to put the welfare and interest of the Bayelsa people above every other Issue.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/11/18/i-am-a-father-to-all-bayelsans-jonathan-says-during-apc-leaders-visit/amp/
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by ofem89(m): 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
HacheNoire:
GEJ don die for IPOB hand
They will start rubbishing him

they understood that he stood with pdp but Dickson thought he has the power to impose his own person rather than the people's choice n here he is
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by ChoCho54(f): 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
Mr100Dollars:
There is more to Nigeria politics than what you reading online.

Dickson is finish, from a governor to a bouncer at one popular club in Yenagoa.
PLS change the picture of that deformed baby. That was insensitive of you to use it as meme.
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by HeIlinues: 9:11pm On Nov 18, 2019
lonelydora:
Igbos, especially Abia state have a lot to learn from Bayelsa people.

Thank God Jonathan for teaching Dickson a lesson he will never forget

Yoruba people expecially from Ondo State heve much to learn from Edo State
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Ronald1(m): 9:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
Are these not the politicians some crazy youths which don't deserve to be Nigerian, are killing themselves for... Are those not we one we are killing ourselves for... They are not even in the same party.. If it was the same party it would have Been different... But same party... God help us and give our youth brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by frowland(m): 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2019
healthserve:
GEJ keeps setting attitudinal trends.

I see my honorable Seyi Makinde of similar noble stock.

We need men of character, principle and discipline plz.

Story
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by AdeniyiA(m): 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
Words of a compromised one
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Halo22: 9:29pm On Nov 18, 2019
Well I don't know the agreement GEJ went into with the APC people, but the truth remains that he betrayed his party, PDP in order to achieve an interest. Even though Dickson messed up, but for GEJ to sabotage his party, is an anti-party character and can lead to lapses in the party if not well handled.
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by FuckAllTheMODs: 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2019
emmyt2:
Not only Bayelsans ,you are a father to all Nigerians ..

No let me swear for you oga...

Are you OK?

Which kind statement be that?
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by Mogajunior(m): 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2019
cool
With due respect to Goodluck Jonathan, he is such a selfish man who seeked honour for his own self at the expense of Nigeria. If he had not conceded defeat to Buhari, Nigeria wouldn't have being in this mess.
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by webngnews: 11:14pm On Nov 18, 2019
hmmmm
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by LZAA: 12:30am On Nov 19, 2019
Sirjamo:
Sai nzeogwu

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by dochenaj: 5:01am On Nov 19, 2019
912:
Oga Jona wants to port. Baba don dey tire for PDP
What will he gain from porting? He has got to the top already and he can't beat that.
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by dochenaj: 5:04am On Nov 19, 2019
maestroferddi:
Rules may not stringently apply but Jonathan will further drift into irrelevance in PDP.

People are watching and taking notice.

Dickson has been a misfit and an ingrate but PDP will certainly re-appraise Jonathan's place in the party.

People will see it that he is taking the party for a ride.

It was he who handed power to the opposition because of manifest weakness and non-performance.

It is he again who claimed to be the leader of the party in the state yet he couldnt whip an ordinary Dickson into line when Wike nay Secondus are his loyalists.

Something must give...
Jonathan has never shown himself as someone who had the willpower or scheming mentality to control outcomes. He is too docile for my liking.
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by GreyLaw(m): 5:10am On Nov 19, 2019
maestroferddi:
Jonathan is a weakling,. Pure and simple.

Dude was a figurehead in power while his ministers were either having a free looting as if there would be no tomorrow or insulting him to his face.

Being a good man is not enough.

Only capable and determined men should be entrusted with power.

Today innocent people in PDP are paying for Jonathan's grave incompetence.

Why do some people like high-handed leaders like Buhari? Because African tradition abhors effeminateness in leaders.

Africans rever strong men....they are awed by them.

Jonathan in my books was not a weak, but liberal. Tell me one government in the civilian era which didn't have looters everywhere. I mean, corruption is official in Nigeria's constitution and it baffles me how people don't realise this.

TSA, IPPS, etc are all powerful tools to fight corruption which were started by the Jonathan government. Today, thankfully, Buhari continues to use said tools and it is indeed helping. I do not like debating with emotions or hearsay; I deal with facts.

People are still corrupt in this government as ever before. In fact, our Buhari whom you termed highhanded still has remote control people termed 'cabals'. Trump is the definition of highhanded and to an extent, OBJ, in the sense you are presenting it.

A very powerful media onslaught brought into the open truths, half-truths and outright lies about Jonathan's government and mixed it into a beautiful cocktail. Whatever was revealed, and even much more, still happens in the present government. No difference!

Sorry, if there was ever a figurehead president it is Buhari. Present facts, statistics, links, and not all this emotion-laden rhetoric. And to be clear I did NOT vote for either Jonathan or Buhari.

You sound like a politician (I mean this on a lighter note).

1 Like

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by maestroferddi: 5:14am On Nov 19, 2019
dochenaj:

Jonathan has never shown himself as someone who had the willpower or scheming mentality to control outcomes. He is too docile for my liking.
He should have had no business going into politics, moreso at the level of national leadership.

He has to shoulder some of the blame for the anomie and brigandage going in Nigeria today.

He saw the writing on the wall that he wouldn't win yet he ran roughshod to contest.

He could have disqualified himself and Buhari to make way for another candidate.

People could have hailed him. The so-called respect he has these days are coming at a very huge cost.

He threw the PDP under the bus...

1 Like

Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by cuteboy2: 5:28am On Nov 19, 2019
Patrioticman007:

"Made us voted"
OK. Noted
Re: I Am Father To All Bayelsans - Jonathan As Sylva, Lyon Visit by maestroferddi: 5:31am On Nov 19, 2019
GreyLaw:

Jonathan in my books was not a weak, but liberal. Tell me one government in the civilian era which didn't have looters everywhere. I mean, corruption is official in Nigeria's constitution and it baffles me how people don't realise this.

TSA, IPPS, etc are all powerful tools to fight corruption which were started by the Jonathan government. Today, thankfully, Buhari continues to use said tools and it is indeed helping. I do not like debating with emotions or hearsay; I deal with facts.

People are still corrupt in this government as ever before. In fact, our Buhari whom you termed highhanded still has remote control people termed 'cabals'. Trump is the definition of highhanded and to an extent, OBJ, in the sense you are presenting it.

A very powerful media onslaught brought into the open truths, half-truths and outright lies about Jonathan's government and mixed it into a beautiful cocktail. Whatever was revealed, and even much more, still happens in the present government. No difference!

Sorry, if there was ever a figurehead president it is Buhari. Present facts, statistics, links, and not all this emotion-laden rhetoric. And to be clear I did NOT vote for either Jonathan or Buhari.

You sound like a politician (I mean this on a lighter note).
You make me laugh!

If there is anybody getting beclouded by cheap sentiments and emotional outbursts, that person is you.

Leadership is influence. There is no doubt that Nigerian politicans exist for looting of the commonwealth but Buhari's ministers are in awe of him.

You couldnt have said that during Jonathan's tenure when his appointees were doing what they liked and he was too weak either to fire them or call them to order.

Analysing politics goes beyond making simplistic assertions.

Buhari is being teleguided by the cabal according to you but Buhari is still holding the reins of power today. The cabal delivered!

Jonathan had no cabal but he had wolves whose only interest was what they could plunder while taking their eyes off the ball.

Let's set the records straight...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Highway Patrol: The Car I Saw Nigeria Police Force Using Today (Photo) / IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) / FG To Introduce Tollgates On 12 Highways (full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.