Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,747 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) (47920 Views)

FG Commissions 450 Metric Tons Cassava Processing Plant In Rivers / Imota Rice Mill Nears Completion, Set To Be The Third Largest In The World / Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by 27Pushing30: 8:36am On Nov 19, 2019
ki02020:
Structures like this should have been in operation before the border closure

The border closure shapes the behavior/drives the demand for local rice.

By the time this structure is fully operational (if policy remains consistent) then it should the feedstock and market ready to absorb its finished products.

As we speak more Nigerians (Myself included) have begun to patronize local rice (Though i only buy in Dericas bi weekly).

This is actually the role of government .. shaping behaviour and providing social infrastructure/amenities/security.

1 Like

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by futurism: 8:38am On Nov 19, 2019
ki02020:
abi o. U no Nigerian leaders are daft na..

There is one in the east sha. My cousin showed me local rice without stone few days ago. And she said its 15k per bag there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by misterjosh(m): 8:39am On Nov 19, 2019
This is a case of putting the cart before the horse...

2 Likes

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by dante0147: 8:39am On Nov 19, 2019
tonye33:
Will this reduce the price of rice?

Because I hear say wetin rise for this country no dey come down except Penis
Lol buhahahahahahahahahah

2 Likes

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:39am On Nov 19, 2019
tonye33:
Will this reduce the price of rice?

Because I hear say wetin rise for this country no dey come down except Penis
but prick wey dey rise they come down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:39am On Nov 19, 2019
ki02020:

Don't worry cos we don start we don start

2 Likes

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by futurism: 8:39am On Nov 19, 2019
27Pushing30:

The border closure shapes the behavior/drives the demand for local rice.

By the time this structure is fully operational (if policy remains consistent) then it should the feedstock and market ready to absorb its finished products.

As we speak more Nigerians (Myself included) have begun to patronize local rice (Though i only buy in Dericas bi weekly).

This is actually the role of government .. shaping behaviour and providing social infrastructure/amenities/security.

The problem is not buying. For health reasons, I can't eat what I saw. It was too browny and stony
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by pedel: 8:40am On Nov 19, 2019
Unless the border is closed nobody will be interested in building anything.
We have the land and a large population of jobless youths, let's go into farming.

ki02020:

2 Likes

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by lexy2014: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2019
Myde4naija:
government need to create enabling environment for this to happen, if the border remain open structure like this will not even be in place

So it is border closure that made this Imota rice mill to appear? That's amazing
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by lexy2014: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2019
pedel:
Unless the border is closed nobody will be interested in building anything.
We have the land and a large population of jobless youths, let's go into farming.

So its because d border was closed that this mill was built?
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by bigfish3k: 8:43am On Nov 19, 2019
Magicians:
We no de south for SW but despicable pigs will just not let you be in peace with their daily insult.
u are not making sense

2 Likes

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 19, 2019
How much ?
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by majamajic(m): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2019
tricksters:
The haters from the hating tribe of Nigeria have arrived. Any progress from the SW de pwpper dem but their father n them can quit running to this same SW for survival.

In fact over 90% of their unborn generation already book with God that they must enter Lagos else they will commit suicide but what do the ungrateful lot pay their host with if not insult bile n more pathetic hate.

One bastard claim his mother, father n he himself are based in Lagos but the lunatics will always be the first to insult this same lagos is household came seeking refuge from the poverty stricken Biafra.

a lot of your people are making it big in the east , just that they are too civilised than u , I met some of them last week inside my village, kunle is making it big he is fixing floor tiles , he has his 5 relatives working with him .

Lagos is a big market , Chinese , Ghanaians, hausas are all here , u will be marveled by number of hausas in lekki , into okada and Keke business , am yet to understand why u picking up a particular tribe , u are too tribalistic !!

2 Likes

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by Myde4naija(m): 8:47am On Nov 19, 2019
lexy2014:

So it is border closure that made this Imota rice mill to appear? That's amazing
no investors will put in their money when they are so sure of market threat. Foreign rice is a threat to any upcoming rice mills, they are sure the border will be closed on rice and the likes that's why they invest.

1 Like

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by 27Pushing30: 8:47am On Nov 19, 2019
futurism:

The problem is not buying. For health reasons, I can't eat what I saw. It was too browny and stony

Mine wasn't and was totally enjoyable hence i permanently switched to it this past month. Even the seller testified its the local one thats moving and she needs to get two bags (She started off with one bag)

A derica of the local is N400 and Foreign N500(Though before the border closure it was N300).
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by futurism: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2019
27Pushing30:

Mine wasn't and was totally enjoyable hence i permanently switched to it this past month. Even the seller testified its the local one thats moving and she needs to get two bags (She started off with one bag)

A derica of the local is N400 and Foreign N500(Though before the border closure it was N300).

Give me a name and please ask your seller for it. I would need a bag.
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by anonimi: 8:50am On Nov 19, 2019
ki02020:
There's a saying that if you walk in a market place don't throw stone and if you...... You know the rest

That someone question or give contrary opinion to government actions or policy does not mean
Hatred

I'm from Abeokuta Ogun state,now tell me what's my gain hating on my region or my country

Thanks.
It is terrible how constructive criticism is termed hatred among the followers of the Alliance of Past/Present Crooks, APC.
Terrible.

Dandsome:
You guys need to see this. APC no vex e don do. Stop the propaganda already

Gov Ibikunle amosun caught red handed. Phone technology and social media are great assets to us o.

Height of deceit by another APC governor.

Can someone please in the name of God tell me this isn't real. cry cry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6556579_img20180115wa0011_jpeg01e256b05f829983d84d10903538a66d

Local rice production has not taken advantage of border closure – Investigations
17 November 2019

• MITROS Rice Not Available In Ogun Markets
• No Lake Rice Production
• No Special Arrangement For Rice Farming In Kaduna
• Farmers, Processors, Count Gains In Kano

OGUN
Currently, Ogun State branded rice-MITROS Rice has vanished from the market, according to findings. Since the state allegedly rolled out 150,000 bags in November 2018, the product is not seen in the market, especially during the festive season when it was needed most. A section of the state residents, especially those living far from the state capital claimed little is heard of the brand.

From findings, only few people had access to it. It was alleged that access to the brand is complicated, as you could not walk into any market and get MITROS rice.

Even now, when the state ought to capitalise on the border closure to register its presence, it was confirmed by a reliable source that there is no MITROS rice in the market and there may not be any till next year.

The source disclosed that the milling machine at the Asero processing plant, has packed-up and there is no plan in the offing to put it back to work.

But the privately produced Ofada rice is thriving, but not in great quantities to saturate the markets.

LAGOS
Apart from the three years (2016-2018) LAKE Rice was made available to Lagosians that record was broken last December. The brand has totally disappeared from circulation.

In all the markets visited in Lagos, there was no Lake Rice for sale. At Amuwo-Odofin Shopping Centre, one of the traders said she last sold the brand in April.

Those in Mile 2 Oke market said they never sold Lake Rice. At Daleko Market, one of the traders claimed he sold the last batch about a month ago, which was at N18, 500. This was far higher than the price the state government pegged it.

The new administration of Babajide Sanwo-Olu promised return of Lake Rice, but without subsidy, meaning an over 15 per cent price increase.

Before it went off the market, a 50kg sold for N12, 000; 25kg for N6, 000 and 10kg for N2, 500 in about 10 locations across the state, designated as sales points. The state government then said residents could only buy one bag, as it wanted to ensure that the rice got to everybody.

To increase the availability of Lake Rice beyond the 10 sales points, in December 2017, the state government sought the participation of major rice distributors by signing a partnership with them for the transportation, distribution and marketing of Lake Rice.

However, in the third quarter of 2018, after the government had signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for mass distribution and sales, the rice was no longer available at sales points and markets. And that was the scenario till former Governor Akinwunmi Ambode left office in May till now.

On the non-availability of the rice in markets, a source in the ministry of agriculture said the state government buys from Kebbi State, bag it and sell in Lagos, contrary to claims that the state has rice plantations in Kebbi.

“The process to buy another batch has not been concluded, reason it has not been in the market.”

https://guardian.ng/features/local-rice-production-has-not-taken-advantage-of-border-closure-investigations/

1 Like

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by RealGOAT: 8:50am On Nov 19, 2019
Production is what matters most not building mill here and there.

1 Like

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by CHOPUP411(m): 8:51am On Nov 19, 2019
Hail buhari
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by 77up(m): 8:52am On Nov 19, 2019
samwash:
How many of our local rice farmers are into mechanise rice production in large scale that will supply this factory for better processing?
watch and see!
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2019
I just realized that black people are so full of hate and tribal bigotry... We talk about racism.
But if Blacks had been whites, trust me, all whites would have been dead by now....with the hate I see on this platform. If one person wins don't y'all know that we all win A rice mill is being constructed, in fact, it has been there b4 the border closure, so, how does tribal sentiments now come in
I don't know why God made me a black oh
But my kids won't be.
Trust me undecided

2 Likes

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by 77up(m): 8:56am On Nov 19, 2019
ki02020:

There's a saying that if you walk in a market place don't throw stone and if you...... You know the rest

That someone question or give contrary opinion to government actions or policy does not mean
Hatred

I'm from Abeokuta Ogun state,now tell me what's my gain hating on my region or my country
The guy is actually right those guys from SE are too hateful especially on SW.

1 Like

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by 77up(m): 8:59am On Nov 19, 2019
ki02020:
one thing ll happen for something to happen. Trust me brother , with border opened, this can never come up in the first place.

With that border closure, I think we can get somethings right.
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by Revolva(m): 8:59am On Nov 19, 2019
After five years the rice milk will stop functional duties

That just Nigeria for you
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by grandstar(m): 9:00am On Nov 19, 2019
Nigeria don enter 1 chance.

Rice has become Nigeria's new cement. Nigerians will forever pay more than 50%of the international price of rice.

The only difference is that it is profitable to smuggle in rice unlike cement which is extremely sensitive to transportation cost. It is financially ruinous to spend N500 a bag for transport on a product that's worth 2,000.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by 77up(m): 9:01am On Nov 19, 2019
AryaSand:
Nice but the road that leads to the Mill is really bad. The should fix that first so bringing rice to the mill for processing would be easy.
calm down ma'am cool they were showing you work on progress and you are complainingabout road.
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by 77up(m): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2019
Revolva:
After five years the rice milk will stop functional duties

That just Nigeria for you
because we keep having your likes as leader tongue
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by Finnese001: 9:03am On Nov 19, 2019
grin
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by Revolva(m): 9:04am On Nov 19, 2019
77up:
because we keep having your likes as leader tongue

Am saying the truth Nigerians don't know how to manage industry

Let's see how it goes
Re: 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) by Rilikoko(m): 9:05am On Nov 19, 2019
This is big project and kudos to the Lasg...

BTW.. I have affordable and secure lands not too far from the project in Imota . 250k per plot. Dry land. contact on 08026042556 or mail leshocreations@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Agricultural Exports At Lagos Airport- Pictures / Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery / Have You Ever Seen Black Maize Before? This Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.