Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Is It True That Programmers Don't Have Time For Themselves Or Family? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is It True That Programmers Don't Have Time For Themselves Or Family? (960 Views)

Why Programmers Don't USE IFF Statements / Dear Programmers - Don't Fall For This Scam [pictures] / See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Programmers Don't Have Time For Themselves Or Family? by Silas6(m): 10:52pm On Nov 18, 2019
I have being hearing this and of recent I have also started noticing that programmers don't seem to have time for themselves or their family not even friends.
Someone even told me that coding is programmers girlfriend that they have time for nothing else.
What is your opinion on this? Pls programmers in the house we need your response so that we the aspirants will be aware.
Re: Is It True That Programmers Don't Have Time For Themselves Or Family? by Wanity(m): 11:11pm On Nov 18, 2019
Programming is like an addiction to video game

How do you feel when you see you're building the unbelievable with your skill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Programmers Don't Have Time For Themselves Or Family? by talk2hb1(m): 10:30am On Nov 19, 2019
Silas6:
I have being hearing this and of recent I have also started noticing that programmers don't seem to have time for themselves or their family not even friends.
Someone even told me that coding is programmers girlfriend that they have time for nothing else.
What is your opinion on this? Pls programmers in the house we need your response so that we the aspirants will be aware.
Lie, Big Lie, Giant Lie!!!
We have time for Families and Friends it's just they want more time which makes it seems developers don't have much time for them. I dedicate this reply To Those Developers whose girlfriend has left because they they are not serious despite you show her all the love of your source code.
Re: Is It True That Programmers Don't Have Time For Themselves Or Family? by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 19, 2019
Somehow true because it is an addiction most times you can't even eat or have your bath especially when you are a gameplay programmer. But advice is that you should really try and cut out time for them especially for your wives a d children. As for girlfriend mtcheew I don't believe in that stuff.
Re: Is It True That Programmers Don't Have Time For Themselves Or Family? by crunchyDope(m): 11:53am On Nov 19, 2019
Silas6:

Depends on the programmer, some programmers have a lot of task that they dont even have time to breathe, wyl some don't even know what to dev into..ya dig?
Re: Is It True That Programmers Don't Have Time For Themselves Or Family? by Ajibel(m): 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
I always had this mindset too before but this isn't always true if you're disciplined enough with time management.

But of course, we have those (family, friends, and lover) that'll come and visit you or call you at odd hours when you're busy trying to figure out why your tests are failing, and when you don't respond or give them attention at that moment, they'll see it that you don't have their time and carry that notion all around that programmers don't have a life of their own.

But I'll include that there are some programmers that will pretend to always be busy when they have nothing to do at that moment so that people would take them seriously as hardworking programmers. I hope I didn't shake any table lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Programmers Don't Have Time For Themselves Or Family? by emmyvet(m): 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2019
Silas6:

If you work in a cooperate environment where you do 8-5pm job you will have time for your self or if you do remote jobs where you put in 40hrs per week you will still have time unless you are now working on side gigs that you need to put in more hours to work you may end up working round the clock.

Also in the beginning of your career you put in more time as you may spend more time debugging most atimes because you lack the experience.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Laravel Developer / Python: I Need Help With A Problem / Check Out Real Time IP Address Tracker With React JS And Geo Location API.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.