Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! (103307 Views)

Mtn Users Get In / Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] / Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by allandutch: 10:37am On May 24, 2020
ImFortress:

How am I a funny person?
But it's not funny that an iPhone without a significant spec released same year with the S8 is valued at 120k right.
See your reasoning oh

See, whenever you are talking about the pricing of an iPhone and Samsung or other smartphones there's something you should consider.
Samsung makes smartphones that runs Android, Apple makes smartphones running iOS.
Apple's is a monopoly, Samsung is in a competition. In a monopoly you own the market, in a competition the market owns you. Apple can afford to price their phones anyhow because if you prefer an iOS, you've got no choice but to buy from them (and imagine repeatedly making phones without expandable storage, a mistake that Samsung made in 2015 with the S6). You can't just get angry and move to other iOS brands because they don't exist. Samsung can't do that so they price their phones carefully.
Also Apple already established themselves as a Premium smartphone maker or a Luxury Smartphone brand. A high performing phone that's meant for people who's got the money and those people buy it because they've got the money and because using an iPhone somehow add to their prestige. And even people without money that want to look like they've got money also go for the brand because of it's perceived luxuriousness. There's some kinda Feedback loop at work here.
An iPhone's pricing doesn't have that much to do with the specs you mentioned because those specs are obtainable on your typical high end Android - or even on some midrange.

3 Likes

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by dex711: 1:52pm On May 24, 2020
Where can I get an LG v30 in computer village and what's the price range
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by ImFortress(m): 12:16am On May 25, 2020
allandutch:

I'm not the one doing the comparison here, you are.
What I basically said was, if I have 75k and there's S8 and V40 on offer, I'll choose the V40. And that's mainly because I prefer the snapdragon 845 on V40 to the snapdragon 835 on the S8. And also due to the fact that V40 is actually a decent smartphone with good performance.
If we're to make a "smart comparison" as you put it, it should be V40/G7 vs S9/S9 plus and I think the S9 or S9 plus will win out but that's not the point.
The point is, if you want a really good smartphone and the price of the likes of Samsung doesn't sit well with you, LG is a fantastic alternative you should really consider.

On a good day, S8 Plus is sold for 75k-80k though
V40 is sold for 95 - 100k (which is same price with the s9 - s9 plus)
That's why i said "smart comparison"
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by ImFortress(m): 12:19am On May 25, 2020
allandutch:

What I basically said was, if I have 75k and there's S8 and V40 on offer, I'll choose the V40. And that's mainly because I prefer the snapdragon 845 on V40 to the snapdragon 835 on the S8. And also due to the fact that V40 is actually a decent smartphone with good performance.
If we're to make a "smart comparison" as you put it, it should be V40/G7 vs S9/S9 plus and I think the S9 or S9 plus will win out but that's not the point.
The point is, if you want a really good smartphone and the price of the likes of Samsung doesn't sit well with you, LG is a fantastic alternative you should really consider.
I like the last paragraph but LG V40 is not even 80k, at least comparing with Nigerian market prices
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by ImFortress(m): 12:25am On May 25, 2020
allandutch:

One more thing, it's not always about processor/chipset. The difference between the 835 and 845 is not much or might only be noticed by trained eyes.

S9 plus I used last year is 845, is not much different from the S10 plus I've used or the LG G8 I'm using.

I only noticed difference in the Note 10 plus.

There a battery life, camera, design, built-in hardware's and software
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Themaths(m): 1:59am On May 25, 2020
2felix:

Like hw much is G6 and G7?
With the current rise in USD, prices will be higher than before.

Before, single SIM G6 should be within 35-45k and 45-60k for dual SIM, 64GB model.

G7 was around 65-75k, not too sure about this.
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Themaths(m): 2:02am On May 25, 2020
Destinylink:

I don't really know any place in Naija but you can get it on Aliexpress. The price varies from Store to Store on Aliexpress
The price also depend on the variant you are buying. Korean versions are usually more expensive than US carrier versions

2 Likes

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Destinylink(m): 7:16am On May 25, 2020
Themaths:

The price also depend on the variant you are buying. Korean versions are usually more expensive than US carrier versions

Exactly!
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by allandutch: 7:41am On May 25, 2020
ImFortress:

One more thing, it's not always about processor/chipset. The difference between the 835 and 845 is not much or might only be noticed by trained eyes.

S9 plus I used last year is 845, is not much different from the S10 plus I've used or the LG G8 I'm using.

It's not always about the chipset? Tell that to the Xiaomi guys.
At the bolded, you have a point. But I still prefer the 845. It's more recent and have a better GPU.
At the second bolded, I get you. Samsung's better in this departments but LG isn't a walkover in this areas. They improved on battery life with the V50 - even V30's 3300mAh will get you through the day, they've got good AI cameras, Boomsound, Hi-fi Quad DAC, Fantastic displays and a good enough simple design language. What people seems to always complain about with LG is their software. A youtube reviewer called it "clunky and weird".
At the end of the day I think It all boils down to preference and the amount you're willing to shell out for these devices.
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Richie0974: 12:35pm On May 25, 2020
Does anyone know where to get LG G5 LCD Screen?
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ne0w1zarD: 5:29pm On May 26, 2020
Got my LG V40 today - bought from bobo65
cool

5 Likes

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by michlins(m): 5:35pm On May 26, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:
Got my LG V40 today
cool
update to Android 10 and tell us what's like. Rocking mine here
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ne0w1zarD: 5:54pm On May 26, 2020
michlins:
You updated already?
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ne0w1zarD: 5:56pm On May 26, 2020
I'm getting charger not compatible when plugged in..and I'm using LG charger that came with it.
Has anyone faced this issue?

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by yemkoguru(m): 6:28pm On May 26, 2020
ImFortress:

yes see 845 and an overclocked 835 and 835 still best of power consumption to performance
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by yemkoguru(m): 6:29pm On May 26, 2020
Motorola Z3 still available
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Dabira007(m): 6:53pm On May 26, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:
Got my LG V40 today
cool

Congrats bro....wish to join you soon

I dey jealous the fone ooo,chai... Fine fone
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ovie56(m): 6:57pm On May 26, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:
I'm getting charger not compatible when plugged in..and I'm using LG charger that came with it.
try and use other charger, even if you have one that is not LG or change the cable

can you please confirm if the V40 Screen produces True Black try by viewing a 100% black picture in the dark, i want to be sure if it has background light problem
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ne0w1zarD: 7:35pm On May 26, 2020
Ovie56:

can you please confirm if the V40 Screen produces True Black try by viewing a 100% black picture in the dark, i want to be sure if it has background light problem

Yea, I was viewing a wallpaper with black background here and I took this photo with my other phone.
(I snapped the whole phone in the dark)

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ovie56(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:

Yea, I was viewing a wallpaper with black background here and I took this photo with my other phone.
(I snapped the whole phone in the dark)
so it doesn't have true black, ok thanks
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ne0w1zarD: 7:43pm On May 26, 2020
michlins:
There's no update on mine
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ne0w1zarD: 7:46pm On May 26, 2020
Ovie56:
so it doesn't have true black, ok thanks
Explain true black
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Nellsworld(m): 7:54pm On May 26, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:

Wat variant did you get, by the way V40 no get Android 10 for now only the g7 Korea and USA
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ovie56(m): 8:07pm On May 26, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:

Explain true black
When you display dark pictures like the one below your screen should look like you switch off your phone, you should not be able to make out any light whatsoever, you can download the picture and diaplay it

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by michlins(m): 8:30pm On May 26, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:

maybe you are using factory unlocked device. I'm rocking T-Mobile own
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by michlins(m): 8:32pm On May 26, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:
buy a quick charger like Anker
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by ImFortress(m): 11:01pm On May 26, 2020
Ne0w1zarD:

You might have gotten a refurbished phone.
The carton and accessories might just also be clone carton used to pack the phone (Computer Village style)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by ImFortress(m): 11:08pm On May 26, 2020
Ovie56:
try and use other charger, even if you have one that is not LG or change the cable

Light background problem?
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by dhejykeane: 9:33am On May 27, 2020
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ne0w1zarD: 1:43pm On May 27, 2020
Ovie56:
When you display dark pictures like the one below your screen should look like you switch off your phone, you should not be able to make out any light whatsoever, you can download the picture and diaplay it

Here its is, viewing your image on the phone

Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ne0w1zarD: 1:46pm On May 27, 2020
Nellsworld:

Wat variant did you get, by the way V40 no get Android 10 for now only the g7 Korea and USA

I got the AT&T variant..the security patch is October 2019
Re: LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! by Ne0w1zarD: 1:49pm On May 27, 2020
michlins:
buy a quick charger like Anker
Ok, I'll try and get one. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (66) (Reply)

The LeEcoThread / How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original / Mtn Free 3gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.