Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself (1294 Views)

Hilda Baci: Your Dressing Shows It's Not Just Food You’re Selling – Pastor / The Kingdom Of Heaven Is For Every Believer And Not Just For 144,000 People / Here Are 10 Differences Between A Believer And A Christian. (2) (3) (4)

How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 19, 2019
If you're a not a worker of iniquity as a believer, then you're saved.

But if you're yet a worker of iniquity even as a believer then you're not saved.

So you need to repent from your wicked ways otherwise you'd already condemned, for no worker of iniquity would be allowed into heaven.

Jesus said:

Matthew 7:21-23 (KJV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 13:41-42 (KJV)

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

So according to Jesus Own Words, all workers of iniquity who are inside His Kingdom shall be uprooted and cast into the fire of hell, meaning that no single worker of iniquity shall be saved.

Therefore if you're a worker of iniquity as a believer and you yet think you're saved, you can keep decieving yourself and all those who care to fall for your deceit, but know for a certainty that unless you resign from that job of working iniquity, that hell fire which is your wages is already loading for you, and you would be paid in full on the day of judgment.

God bless.

Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 20, 2019
No worker of iniquity would be saved!

Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
No worker of iniquity would be saved!

John 5:28-29 (KJV)

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 22, 2019
Matthew 13:49-50 (KJV)

49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by ochibuogwu5: 10:59am On Nov 22, 2019
Sure!!!
1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 23, 2019
Matthew 3:10 (KJV)

10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by CodeTemplar: 11:11am On Nov 23, 2019
Iniquity to me includes perverting the word of God by calling them erroneous words.

It also stretches further to hatefully inspired character assassination.

Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 24, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Iniquity to me includes perverting the word of God by calling them erroneous words.

Lol!

Word of Paul you mean, so Paul is your God?

The Pharisees of the days of Jesus would also accuse Jesus of the bolded, so no surprises when the Pharisees of today do same to those who follow the example of Jesus to expose their hypocrisy and lies.
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 25, 2019
Matthew 7:19 (KJV)

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by nlPoster: 7:11am On Nov 25, 2019
CodeTemplar:

I dont know why Nigerian Christians are so full of bitterness.

Most of them are doing quite well yet they are very bitter.
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 26, 2019
Luke 13:1-3 (KJV)

1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by nlPoster: 7:33am On Nov 26, 2019
You only perish if you are serving a God who you believe would perish you.

Most of you people's rage and evil wishes are directed more at fellow Christians than non Christians.

Any thinking person would realize there is a problem.

Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2019
nlPoster:
You only perish if you are serving a God who you believe would perish you.

Most of you people's rage and evil wishes are directed more at fellow Christians than non Christians.

Any thinking person would realize there is a problem.
You're acting as thought you're one of those workers of iniquity that is deceiving herself, thinking she can still get to heaven without repenting.

What problem do you have with the Truth that Jesus said about people perishing if they don't repent or continue in their iniquity, or are you one of those He was talking to?

You acting like the Truth is pricking your conscience, as if you are guilty, or am I wrong?
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 27, 2019
Hell is loading for you if you don't repent of your iniquities.
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2019
Don't say you weren't warned!
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 29, 2019
jesusjnr:
Luke 13:1-3 (KJV)

1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luke 13:4-5 (KJV)

4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2019
jesusjnr:

4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

Repentance requires (good) fruits.

Luke 13:6-9 (KJV)

6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by kumulus(m): 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2019
You sir should study those scriptures more than anyone you're trying to reach I opine
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by nlPoster: 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2019
OP, what you're practicing is not Christianity but some other creed.

Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2019
kumulus:
You sir should study those scriptures more than anyone you're trying to reach I opine
Are you a worker, because I'm not, and I'm preaching the gospel of Jesus to those workers of iniquity both inside and outside the church so that they would repent, because no worker of iniquity would make it into heaven.

If that is not good enough for you, then you are entitled to your opinion.
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2019
nlPoster:
OP, what you're practicing is not Christianity but some other creed.

Preaching the gospel of Jesus is not practicing Christianity but this is:

https://www.nairaland.com/5556819/thoughts-nudity

https://www.nairaland.com/5529473/what-nigerian-nl-christians-shortage

By the abundance of your heart, your mouth speaks, hence such vanities that emanate from your heart.

Piece of advice, women who are chaste usually don't have issues with men seeking their hands in marriage. In fact the problem they usually have is having to choose from a number of options available to them, which is the right one. So when it's the otherwise for you, you should check yourself very well.

Maybe you're trying very hard to justify what ladykilacrude or so said of you, so perhaps you deserve what she was doing to you, hence when next she pays you a visit, you wouldn't have the shame to cry for help, especially when you're doing the same thing to someone else.
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by kumulus(m): 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2019
jesusjnr:
Are you a worker, because I'm not, and I'm preaching the gospel of Jesus to those workers of iniquity both inside and outside the church so that they would repent, because no worker of iniquity would make it into heaven.

If that is not good enough for you, then you are entitled to your opinion.

Based off this I presume those who Jesus spoke of in that passage you quoted in the OP preached the gospel of Sango or maybe Thor abi..... I repeat the former, go study those scriptures again and again. Don't you think its weird when you open a thread (not diary) and you're the only one going back and forth from page 1 to the end. My prayer for you, myself and many others is that 'A o ni se lasan o'
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by nlPoster: 10:44pm On Nov 30, 2019
jesusjnr:
Preaching the gospel of Jesus is not practicing Christianity but this is:

https://www.nairaland.com/5556819/thoughts-nudity

https://www.nairaland.com/5529473/what-nigerian-nl-christians-shortage

By the abundance of your heart, your mouth speaks, hence such vanities that emanate from your heart.

Piece of advice, women who are chaste usually don't have issues with men seeking their hands in marriage. In fact the problem they usually have is having to choose from a number of options available to them, which is the right one. So when it's the otherwise for you, you should check yourself very well.

Maybe you're trying very hard to justify what ladykilacrude or so said of you, so perhaps you deserve what she was doing to you, hence when next she pays you a visit, you wouldn't have the shame to cry for help, especially when you're doing the same thing to someone else.

Take a break from the forum.

And, what are your issues with those topics?

Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by nlPoster: 10:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
kumulus:

Based off this I presume those who Jesus spoke of in that passage you quoted in the OP preached the gospel of Sango or maybe Thor abi..... I repeat the former, go study those scriptures again and again. Don't you think its weird when you open a thread (not diary) and you're the only one going back and forth from page 1 to the end. My prayer for you, myself and many others is that 'A o ni se lasan o'

That person can argue from morning till night, usually over non issues.

He believes nobody has anything to say besides himself and never listens to anyone.

Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 01, 2019
nlPoster:

Take a break from the forum.

And, what are your issues with those topics?
I would like you to explain what such topics contribute to Christianity, and what true christians can benefit from such topics, or if such could possibly bring any unbeliever to Christ.

It's obvious you're not you're not here for Christ or to serve His purpose, but only here for your own selfish interests, so it's not surprising why you have a problem with the preaching of His gospel.

If you want me to take a break from this forum, Satan also wants the same, because he is opposed to the preaching of the gospel of Christ just as you are, so it's obvious who you truly belong to and whose interest you are here to serve despite that you are using the cloak of cover up, for it's surely not God.
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by nlPoster: 3:38am On Dec 01, 2019
Just say you're addicted to the forum, eod.

I dont owe you any explanation for anything I say or do, feel free to take it whichever way you like, not my problem. Unlike you, I dont have an evil mind and evil soul.

But stop jumping on my posts and threads, I dont know you from anywhere and even if I did, I'm quite sure I'm not your mate.

So buzz off, thanks.

If your pseudo religion is based on nairaland or anonymous posters, then you're on a long thing. As I pointed out already, what you're practicing is not Christianity, it's something else.

Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 3:40am On Dec 01, 2019
kumulus:

I can see where you're coming from, thinking i should go and study the scriptures again and again because you think it's weird to open a thread and be going back and forth etc, not whether i am saying the truth or not.

You've shown that what informed your advice is not the things of God or the Spirit which gives life, but those that are of the flesh which profit nothing but death, so your advice is not worth any consideration from me.

Please pray for yourself and the many others as yourself who are driven by the things of the flesh and of the this world, for such a prayer is dead to me.
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 3:56am On Dec 01, 2019
nlPoster:
Just say you're addicted to the forum, eod.

I dont owe you any explanation for anything I say or do, feel free to take it whichever way you like, not my problem.

But stop jumping on my posts and threads, I dont know you from anywhere and even if I did, I'm quite sure I'm not your mate.

So buzz off, thanks.
Lol! And you feel I owe you an explanation for mine.

I hope you'd take your own advice, because it would be very wise for you to do so, since you are first to come to my thread to be displaying your spiritual ignorance and opposition to the Truth, so you don't have any right to tell me not to do same to you.

It's obvious you're only here to mind other people's business, for that's your own addiction.

Please oh I'm not searching for a wife oh, just in case that is what you're here for, so that you'd not be disappointed.

I would leave you with this saying of Jesus that seems to be making you very much uncomfortable for some reason best known to you, and i would like you to pay serious attention to the bolded, for it could be useful to you at some point:

Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 4:03am On Dec 01, 2019
nlPoster:

That person can argue from morning till night, usually over non issues.

He believes nobody has anything to say besides himself and never listens to anyone.
You already know all these, and yet you're here?

Speaks volumes of the kind of person you are and why you are here.
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by kumulus(m): 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
jesusjnr:
I can see where you're coming from, thinking i should go and study the scriptures again and again because you think it's weird to open a thread and be going back and forth etc, not whether i am saying the truth or not.

You've shown that what informed your advice is not the things of God or the Spirit which gives life, but those that are of the flesh which profit nothing but death, so your advice is not worth any consideration from me.

Please pray for yourself and the many others as yourself who are driven by the things of the flesh and of the this world, for such a prayer is dead to me.

There's punctuation in what I'd written, a full stop (.) Clearly indicating the end of that statement of admonition. Read again!
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 4:29am On Dec 02, 2019
kumulus:

There's punctuation in what I'd written, a full stop (.) Clearly indicating the end of that statement of admonition. Read again!
As i said earlier, take your admonition and prayers to men-pleasers like you, it is an abomination to God-pleasers and Truth-preachers like me.

I hope you get it so that you wouldn't repeat yourself next time. Thanks.
Re: How To Know You're Truly Saved As A Believer, And Not Just Decieving Yourself by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 03, 2019
jesusjnr:

Repentance requires (good) fruits.

Luke 13:6-9 (KJV)

6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

John 15:2 (KJV)

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

When Faith Is Intact / Frontline Physician Stella Immanuel: 'I Maintain That There Is A Cure For COVID' / How Prophet TB Joshua Ruined My Life - Man Cried Out

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74