Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) (61229 Views)

Buhari Honours Tobi Amusan With OON Award (Video, Photos) / Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. / Aisha Buhari Honours Airport Cleaner Who Returned Lost Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by planetx: 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
#12 million not $ silly bloggers.
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Bahamas95(m): 11:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
paix:
I believe he was lobbying for foreign investors.
You're right, foreign investors that will build us toilets to stop us from shiting in the holegrin
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Banmeallday: 11:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
This is to deceive you all. Nigger Area still corrupt AS FUCC
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by uvie66: 11:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
Abfinest007:
is a lie .he rejected it because someone else was there if he was alone will he reject it
idiot, you are making reference to what you would have done.
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Unrated900(m): 11:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
It’s just an offer which they recorded through voice prompt

The officers knew they weren’t serious with their proposal that was why they leaked them out

If they were serious

They would collected the money by now.

Buhari stop fooling we the elites
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Okikaneseokwu: 11:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
12m dollars,I de mad why I go return am?
A laundered money,u still get mind return it to the same criminals
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Emzenoz(m): 11:53pm On Nov 19, 2019
paix:
Presidential handshake. You don shake president before?
na hand shake be your problem at this age ?
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Kalashnikov102(m): 11:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
It dosen't end there your excelency!! Question those two! They know their coleagues who engage in fraud
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by ehbellsho(m): 12:04am On Nov 20, 2019
"Good name is better that gold and riches" I keep wondering if that still works in this generation.

Pls does the honour comes with money?

It is well.
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Dickson44: 12:19am On Nov 20, 2019
12 mill dollars... Mrs ugwu why naaa, why u know call me first. Na u be the real mvp. It not easy to return such an amt with the current situation of this country and for a cleaner too, na man u be... Sorry I forget say u be woman
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by AuwalYusuf812(m): 12:37am On Nov 20, 2019
baba go-Slow
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Kennyfancy(m): 12:55am On Nov 20, 2019
She returns 12 Million Dollars, That Lady is ...
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by aspiring44: 1:44am On Nov 20, 2019
Abfinest007:
is a lie .he rejected it because someone else was there if he was alone will he reject it

Not all eggs are rotten among bad eggs .

You can always separate the wheat from the chaff
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Makaveli1166(m): 1:58am On Nov 20, 2019
paix:
Does it mean the country is on auto pilot?
lol
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Brightdude007: 1:59am On Nov 20, 2019
I can only imagine how many seconds her hrt stop beating d moment she saw the hard currency. She did the right thing though. 40 full containers of tiny tramadol.....my God
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Kingchineme6(m): 2:27am On Nov 20, 2019
It's obvious that my president didn't write this things grin
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by ddeola: 2:37am On Nov 20, 2019
With what

Corrupt government. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by MetaPhysical: 3:22am On Nov 20, 2019
Davebio:

U started very well but ended it wit jagoons.
Did d woman tell u she be APC member or even a politician??
Make she go APC rally make APC thugs kill her for her children

No be everything person see e go talk. Sometime act like you didnt see APC in comments and just move on. Yeye. grin
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Liposure: 4:57am On Nov 20, 2019
There is hope in dis country
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by stormborn28(m): 5:08am On Nov 20, 2019
Alimani:
President Buhari has presented Integrity awards to two public servants, Bashir Abubakar and Mrs Josephine Ugwu of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, for exhibiting Integrity in the performance of their official duties.

Buhari presented the awards to the recipients at the opening of the two-day National Summit on Diminishing Corruption in Public Sector held at the State House Banquet hall, Abuja.

The event is being organized by the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation in collaboration with Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC).

The Assistant Comptroller-General of Customs, Bashir Abubakar rejected 412,000 dollars (N150 million) bribe offered to him by drug traffickers to import 40 containers laden with Tramadol, a controlled and highly addictive drug.

Ugwu, a former cleaner at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos had on different occasions returned millions of naira found in the course of her duty, including the sum of N12 million dollars forgotten in the toilet by an airport user.

Speaking at the event, Buhari stressed the need for Nigerians to uphold the traditionally cherished values of honesty and integrity.

‘‘Let me again note with concern the need to uphold the values of loyalty, honesty, trust, and integrity that were once cherished in our public service. Ethics and integrity are the foundation of an enduring society.

‘‘Nigerian culture does not tolerate dishonesty. Therefore, we must reclaim our traditional values of honesty, integrity and hard work. In spite of the few bad eggs, I am delighted that many Nigerians still hold on to our traditionally cherished values of honesty and integrity,” he said.

Buhari called on the National Assembly to fast-track the passage of the Special Crimes Court Bill. He also urged the judiciary to embrace and support the creation of the Special Crimes Court.

He said: ‘‘the fight against corruption is of course not only for government and anti-corruption agencies alone. All arms and tiers of government must develop and implement the anti-corruption measures. I invite the legislative and judicial arms of government to embrace and support the creation of Special Crimes Court that Nigerians have been agitating for to handle corruption cases.’’

President Buhari noted that the passage of the Bill was a ‘‘specific priority’’ of this administration’s Economic Recovery & Growth Plan 2017-2020. The President also used the occasion, which marked the launch of the Constituency Projects Transparency Group (CPTG) Report Phase One, to reiterate his appeal to all well-meaning Nigerians to join in the fight against corruption.

‘‘The war against corruption cannot be won without prevention, enforcement, public education and enlightenment. I encourage the ICPC and other law enforcement agencies to intensify their efforts in public education, enlightenment and engagement with citizens.

‘‘I also urge our development partners, civil society organizations, and the media to continue to support our efforts to strengthen ethical values and integrity in Nigeria,’’ he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/11/19/buhari-honours-customs-officer-who-rejected-n150m-bribe/amp/
please who can help pronounce this money....? #12 million dollars (paragraph 5)
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Germi9: 5:36am On Nov 20, 2019
If he's sensible he won't just honour them with mere paper but also in cash almost equating the rejected bribe,But he's too stingy and clueless that even when his relatives visits him in Aso rock he gives them 15k as transport fare back home.
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Omoolope2023: 5:49am On Nov 20, 2019
Hope they are not prepping the guy for CG customs?

Na buhari ways be that.
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Iamemmacoz(m): 5:51am On Nov 20, 2019
Can someone mistakely forget $12 million dollars in the toilet? LOL

It was put there...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by paix(m): 7:02am On Nov 20, 2019
Bahamas95:
You're right, foreign investors that will build us toilets to stop us from shiting in the holegrin
That's progress, isn't it?
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by paix(m): 7:03am On Nov 20, 2019
Emzenoz:
na hand shake be your problem at this age ?
At what age?
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 20, 2019
MetaPhysical:

No be everything person see e go talk. Sometime act like you didnt see APC in comments and just move on. Yeye. grin
OK sir. Yeye teacher cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Robchuks77(m): 7:41am On Nov 20, 2019
If u see 12milion dollars in an airport hotel, I must take dt money... Who poverty dey sweet kwanu
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by frozen70(f): 10:42am On Nov 20, 2019
The custom officer knows tgat accepting such money under the leadership of the current CGC Mr Ali is like one buying trouble for himself

Besides, he is nit the only one to take such money, it has to be shared and the sharing formula will cause wahala since there is no seniority in illegality

So exposing it is the best option to gain respect
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Finnestgreat: 10:43am On Nov 20, 2019
What a joke
Re: President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) by Idris198787(m): 11:49am On Nov 20, 2019
Am new here ,I need a frd thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sen. Jummai Alhassan Set To Become First Elected Female Governor / Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet / Prophet, J.K. Hephzibah: “pray For Buhari, Osinbajo Not To Die In Power”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.