Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,650 members, 7,820,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security (61198 Views)

Queen’s College Student Who Fixed Fake Eyelashes To School To Face Panel / Nnachi Grace Amarachukwu Of Queens College Wins LCCI 2019 Essay Competition / At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Cymix: 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
AuroraB:
Rude employees a whole Queen's College's got. Unorganized and hateful. Tueh!
NB. Uncouth response will be returned in equal measure. What if the Mother do know her daughter had eyelashes on.

shut up will you
what's wrong with this generation sef
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by AuroraB(f): 3:37am On Nov 21, 2019
Cymix:

shut up will you
what's wrong with this generation sef
Why don't you make me. Iti sad
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by ABOVEDELAW: 8:06am On Nov 21, 2019
I AM NOT SURE YOU ATTENDED SECONDARY SCHOOL.
Hoephase:

I don't think you put some thoughts in your statement.

Yes it is a school guided by rules and regulations. Does the regulations state that public shaming is the punishment for not dressing as prescribed in the school dress code?

Secondly, she looks like a teen this is a critical period in her developmental phase, I believe the school should have had a private talk with the mom and daughter, and let them understand that such is not acceptable.

While in the principle office she should be made to take it off and serve her punishment quietly.

Publicly humiliating her does nothing but exposes the school to law suits.
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by themanderon: 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
charliboy654:
The girl sef have old, what's she doing in secondary school, her mates are in the higher institution (at least she can fix eye lash there and no one will disturb her) Olodo girl.

She might not be up to 15yrs. you will be surprised at how rapid some of the kids of the well to do parents grow way beyond their age.
At topic the parent was very very wrong to allow her put that hideous thing on her eyes and allowing her paint her nails. Shows the kind of mother she is and then she shamelessly defends the girl by disgracing herself in public. That's all shades of terrible. It's parents like these who lack the moral compass to bring up any child that are responsible for the morally debased youths and adults we have today who will go on to have their own debased kids and the ruthless cycle continues.
But those teachers should have been more civil about the whole issue and just send the girl Home or shut their gates against her. I don't subscribe to shaming the girl publicly like she stole something. She is just a misguided kid born into the arms of an irresponsible mother. I hope she later turns good but with a mother like hers who supports evil ..............
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2019
themanderon:

She might not be up to 15yrs. you will be surprised at how rapid some of the kids of the well to do parents grow way beyond their age.
At topic the parent was very very wrong to allow her put that hideous thing on her eyes and allowing her paint her nails. Shows the kind of mother she is and then she shamelessly defends the girl by disgracing herself in public. That's all shades of terrible. It's parents like these who lack the moral compass to bring up any child that are responsible for the morally debased youths and adults we have today who will go on to have their own debased kids and the ruthless cycle continues.
But those teachers should have been more civil about the whole issue and just send the girl Home or shut their gates against her. I don't subscribe to shaming the girl publicly like she stole something. She is just a misguided kid born into the arms of an irresponsible mother. I hope she later turns good but with a mother like hers who supports evil ..............
I was only joking with my comment, while i agree with you that the girl mother is at fault for letting the girl put such on her face, the school management handled the issue very poorly.
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Hoephase: 5:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
mapet:

It's either you have little depth about the value system that forbids us to challenge elders and in what context it is situated; or you can't separate the two. Even from the days of our fore-fathers, misguided kings have been dethroned, Youths have challenged shameless elders who have overstepped their bounds. There are several adages that address boundaries around respect and conducts......

The problem is that you don't understand the psychological impact of such actions.

Let me tell you a first hand experience, in my 1st job I was told on the first day that everyone is addressed by their 1st name including the CEO. What I noticed was that in meeting people were free to share their opinion on issues. They address their boss directly without fear of animosity because psychology the way you view people actually affects how honest and how you react to issues around them.

As the years progressed I found myself in a company run with typical Nigerian value system in which when the CEO walks into the elevator with his security personnel every other person exit. You dire not address your boss with their 1st name even some you had to affix ma and sir to all your statements. Go the meetings and you noticed that mostly those at the lower end of the hierarchy just watch on and rarely contribute or share their opinion. Mostly they are good at sharing their graviance behind their bosses back. While their bosses carry on lording over them without anywhere for then to turn without being termed disrespectful.

I doubt if you have actually experienced life outside the Nigerian context to understand the negative impact on some of our values and how it feeds into the very problem we face today as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2019
dominique:

Are you saying that the ONLY way the security and school staff can handle the situation is by dragging her head around and putting her on video? Why then do we take offense when Caucasians use derogatory terms on us like monkeys, shithole etc? Are we not animalistic in nature if majority of us believe it is justifiable to publicly humiliate a teenager because she broke rules? Couldn't there have been other ways to punish her? If you were a parent, you would have been ok with your child's head being dragged around like that regardless what she did?

If Queens College does not release a statement distancing itself from this show of shame, they are at risk of law suit. The whole fracas happened within it's premises, carried out by it's employees so they are 100% culpable.

Babcock sextape has saved the day for QC. Everyone has forgotten

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by dominique(f): 6:56pm On Nov 21, 2019
ornicus:

Babcock sextape has saved the day for QC. Everyone has forgotten

True that
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by fineice1(f): 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2019
I have read through the comments of everyone in respect of the issue on ground, but I just have to say this; the girl in question is a minor and a product of the school. If the school have not be condoling indiscipline she wouldn't have the ordercity to put on eye lashes to school. I have children in boarding who will never try to carry any contrabound or make hair not accepted by the school authority. Because they know the kind of punishment they will get (not humiliation or bullying though) Good; what the girl did was wrong the mother did not help the situation however the school action was alarming and embarrassing how can a teacher be shouting on the street over a child you were to correct with love. Both the mother and the school teacher were barbaric in their action. How on earth would a minor be disgraced and be molested like this all in the name of correcting her of bad action. This is a day light jungle justice. How can the school authority claimed they were not aware that it was the mother that was sitting watching? Even if your child is found stealing or commit worst sin: does it call for public assault and embarrassing your student. Haba!!! These are the same student that call them my aunty my uncle my this and that. God will help us all.
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by OgbaOghene(m): 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
When next someone is accused of stealing at QC, we can expect the school security to strip the individual naked, beat them silly, pile tires on them, then burn them to death. All the while recording it for social media.

Since that's how education works in Nigeria now. Abi, no be so?

Meanwhile, to all those calling the mother an irresponsible parent or implying the girl has questionable morals. "People like you should not be allowed to breed and propagate your stupidity."

That woman is real mama bear who will fight for her family even if they're in the wrong. How many of us even have that? Real African mothers know it is their right to embarrass you in public, no one else gets to do that!
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by 9jaRealist: 2:55am On Nov 22, 2019
Made4naijalove:
Nigerian mum allegedly attacks security guard of Queens college who refused her daughter into the school because she hard artificial lashes and nail polish on

Queens College student being supported by her mother for indecent dressing. You can see her eye lashes, the security men stopped her and the mother resorted to manhandling the security man and others that didn't support her.

The mother should NEVER have done what she did, but...
How does artificial lashes and nail polish amount to "indecent dressing"?! shocked

Such a RUBBISH BACKWARD country, chasing shadows instead of facing substance. SMH

>
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by tevanso(m): 5:11am On Nov 22, 2019
Hoephase:

I don't think you put some thoughts in your statement.

Yes it is a school guided by rules and regulations. Does the regulations state that public shaming is the punishment for not dressing as prescribed in the school dress code?

Secondly, she looks like a teen this is a critical period in her developmental phase, I believe the school should have had a private talk with the mom and daughter, and let them understand that such is not acceptable.

While in the principle office she should be made to take it off and serve her punishment quietly.

Publicly humiliating her does nothing but exposes the school to law suits.
are u sure it wasn't the mother that escalated everything
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by Hoephase: 7:43am On Nov 22, 2019
tevanso:
are u sure it wasn't the mother that escalated everything

From the video you could see then pulling the young girl and trying to get her on film. Even if it was the mother than escalated it, why humiliate the child?
Re: Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security by BRATISLAVA: 10:14pm On Nov 27, 2019
pocohantas:

Lol. You'll be surprised the mother didn't see it. We had a way of hiding things from our parents way back. The mother's reaction might also not be that she supports the girl. Many parents would react same way, many of us commenting here- would wish our parents can defend us like that too. We can always correct indoors.

It would have been really bad if the mother joined in shaming her there. I am sure she go collect for house.

The mother had to have seen those eyelashes as big as broom whisks.

I don't think the mother will do anything to her when they get home. What she received at the school gate is enough home training. Or is it school training?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

“you Changed My Life”: Oyinbo Man Gives Nigerian Student N159 Million, New Car / See The Big Snake Killed At Dramatic Art Department, OAU (pics) / Lecturer Caught Pants Down With Married Woman In Asaba Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.