Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter (1582 Views)

P1656 TOYOTA - Oil Control Valve Circuit Malfunction / New Items Alert.. Mobil 1 Oil ...prestone Coolant.... Fram Oil Filter / Toyota Oil Vs Mobil 1 (USA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter by EgunMogaji2: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
So I purchased a box of purported Toyota/Lexus oil filter for my 4Runner today in Ibadan.

The seller maintains that these are factory but knowing Nigeria and Nigerians I want to actually verify.

I intend to open one of them to take a looks inside.

So are they original, good enough copies or to be chucked?

1 Share

Re: Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter by homeboy205: 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2019
Open one first people will tell you what to do

3 Likes

Re: Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter by uboma(m): 12:03am On Nov 20, 2019
EgunMogaji2:
So I purchased a box of purported Toyota/Lexus oil filter for my 4Runner today in Ibadan.

The seller maintains that these are factory but knowing Nigeria and Nigerians I want to actually verify.

Your guess is as good as mine.

However I trust you to be able to tell the difference once it is opened.

Please do keep us updated on the outcome.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:51am On Nov 21, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

clones or fakes, I'll show u original when I get to work

2 Likes

Re: Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter by EgunMogaji2: 7:55am On Nov 21, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

clones or fakes, I'll show u original when I get to work

Thanks Man.
Re: Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:14am On Nov 21, 2019
Mine are usually sourced from the USA, packs come with serial numbers

Re: Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter by EgunMogaji2: 11:01am On Nov 21, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
Mine are usually sourced from the USA, packs come with serial numbers

Righto.

So, good enough to use knowing what they are or only good as paper weights in the garage?

Thanks.

PS: trying to wean myself off of importing stuff.
Re: Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter by uboma(m): 11:13am On Nov 21, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Righto.

So, good enough to use knowing what they are or only good as paper weights in the garage?

Thanks.

Is there a return policy at the store you purchased the clones from?
Re: Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter by EgunMogaji2: 11:16am On Nov 21, 2019
uboma:

Is there a return policy at the store you purchased the clones from?

I can return them but not if they're good enough.

Sometimes clone stuff is just as good.

EgunMogaji who like to run with scissors grin
Re: Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Righto.

Thanks.

You may end up burning money, I’m sorry to say. Most of our importers collaborate with Chinese in China to bring in items that will fail so they can continue to sell market.

That’s the naija business mentality for repeat business.

Some things will just make you mad. I am yet to find a padlock that will not rust immediately it is exposed to rain. I grew up with cheap but reliable padlocks. Now you buy a thick hunk that starts rusting immediately. Meanwhile I ordered a padlock on amazon , but i didn’t get the size right. It sits in the back of my pick up, for locking jerrycans or gas cylinders. It is in the open 24/7 and is perfectly fine.

My rant and rain on your parade. Sorry. It’s just so annoying when you have to buy the same thing four or five times and each time you are told this na the original

You can order one from Gazzuz and do a tear down to see what the differences are. Or you can do a full out usage trial.

4 Likes

Re: Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter by EgunMogaji2: 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2019
ornicus:

You may end up burning money, I’m sorry to say. Most of our importers collaborate with Chinese in China to bring in items that will fail so they can continue to sell market.

That’s the naija business mentality for repeat business.

Some things will just make you mad. I am yet to find a padlock that will not rust immediately it is exposed to rain. I grew up with cheap but reliable padlocks. Now you buy a thick hunk that starts rusting immediately. Meanwhile I ordered a padlock on amazon , but i didn’t get the size right. It sits in the back of my pick up, for locking jerrycans or gas cylinders. It is in the open 24/7 and is perfectly fine.

My rant and rain on your parade. Sorry. It’s just so annoying when you have to buy the same thing four or five times and each time you are told this na the original

You can order one from Gazzuz and do a tear down to see what the differences are. Or you can do a full out usage trial.

You’re right on all counts.

At some point local man will give up on our people and resort to online ordering. But I’ll give them a chance.
Re: Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter by Crixie(m): 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2019
"Made in Japan" is best
This is OEM .

Re: Question On Factory Toyota Oil Filter by radautoworks: 10:57pm On Nov 21, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Just look for denso filters without the Toyota badge. They're the same OE filter but not counterfeited because the Toyota badge isn't on them.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is Replacing My 2013 ML With A 2015 BMW A Good Decision ? / Transmission Problem With Toyota Camry / Help! Little Cracking Sound On Front Wheel When Turning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.