Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction (3534 Views)

BIAFRA-ANIOMA Group Responds To Circulating Propaganda / Anioma Group Blasts Apc's Laurreta Onochie For Her Infamous "Press Release"!!! / PDP Affirms Garba Umar As Taraba Acting-Governor… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by AndreUweh(m): 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2010
Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor; Want Anioma State Created
Font size:
EWACHE AJEFU, ABUJA BUREAU CHIEF 14/11/2010 20:41:00

ABUJA, Nov 14, (THEWILL) – A political pressure group, the Umu Anioma Foundation worldwide has sent a message of congratulation to Prince Sam Obi on his recent appointment as the Acting Governor of Delta State.

In a statement jointly signed Emeka Esogbue, Tony Ishiekwene and Mrs. Gloria Eluebo Adagbon respectively and made available to THEWILL in Abuja, the group said the Anioma people, both at home and in diaspora are proud that an ‘illustrious Anioma son’ has been appointed by the Constitution to lead Delta State at this crucial time.

“We have no doubt that it will be a good opportunity to showcase the good leadership qualities in Anioma people. We also hope that an Anioma person at the helm of affairs, albeit within the short tenure, will present good opportunities to lay the foundation for your successor to redress the current imbalance that exists in Delta State and Anioma land in particular.”

The Anioma Foundation also pledged its full support to the Acting Governor to lead Delta State and deliver good governance that is accountable and transparent.

The Foundation drew the attention of the Acting Governor to the plight of Anioma people especially in the provision of basic day-to-day living amenities like clean drinkable water, regular supply of electricity, good schools at every level of education, well-equipped and staffed hospitals to good and accessible roads which it said are lacking in most Anioma communities.
The Forum called on the Acting Governor to support the actualization for the proposed Anioma State, as it sincerely believes that Anioma State will bring about the much-needed development to their people.

The Umu Anioma Foundation, a non-profit organisation governed by a board of directors and incorporated under Georgia law on June 11, 2010 as the apex organization representing the general interest of Anioma indigenes worldwide and membership of Umu Anioma Foundation comprises of Anioma Indigenes who are sold on the vision of a reconstructed value system for the common good of all.
http://thewillnigeria.com/general/6576-Anioma-Group-Congratulates-Delta-Acting-Governor-Want-Anioma-State-Created.html
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by AndreUweh(m): 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2010
Can Ndigbo in Delta state get it Right this time?.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by chyz(m): 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Can Ndigbo in Delta state get it Right this time?.

We only have less then 90 days as governor but all is well at least we have 7 Igbo governors now cheesy. One of the people they mentioned Mrs. Gloria Eluebo Adagbon is even an Igbanke-Igbo from Edo. She is fighting for the Igbankes to join Anioma when state creation comes. I'm glad to see she is really pushing hard. smiley

1 Like

Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by MShittu: 8:22pm On Nov 19, 2010
Although a good development, having more Igbo governors won't stop Igbo marginalization until true federalism is actualized and states are more empowered.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by chyz(m): 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2010
MShittu:

Although a good development, having more Igbo governors won't stop Igbo marginalization until true federalism is actualized and states are more empowered.

Hopefully we can get this without the country having to break.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by Omenani(m): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2010
MShittu:

This is very true. I can see from your postings that you have a good heart.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by igbobuigbo: 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2010
MShittu:

This is why one has always clamored that Igbos do not need the presidency per se. What they need is equality of number of states so that each zone gets about the same amount of money from the feds and equality in quota system in employment and fed appointments.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by chyz(m): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2010
What we Igbo need and want is fairness, that includes presidency.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by excanny: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2010
When the Anioma state is created, it should be ceded to the SE if there aren't any plans for more state creation across the board in the spirit of fairness and equity. The SE is the more zone in the country with 5 states and has lost a heck of fortune from this economic short change.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by wesley80(m): 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2010
Every single thread on NL with an ethnic connotation is laced with all too obvious traces of Igbo insecurity no tanx to the endless agitations from the reasonable to the downright ridiculous. If its not Biafra 2day, its True federalism 2moro, This is becoming embarassing, wetin sef? Is backward the new forward?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by excanny: 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2010
wesley80:

Every single thread on NL with an ethnic connotation is laced with all too obvious traces of Igbo insecurity no tanx to the endless agitations from the reasonable to the downright ridiculous. If its not Biafra 2day, its True federalism 2moro, This is becoming embarassing, wetin sef? Is backward the new forward?

My friend, do you realize that this is the politics section, and matters concerning Igbos are part of Nigerian politics?

Are you trying to intimidate people here? If you dont like a thread, STFU or jump off a cliff, ok?

1 Like

Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by wesley80(m): 9:28pm On Nov 19, 2010
@ excanny. U funny sha. In fact very funny 4 some1 with your reasoning ability. So u think all these noisy embarassing backward agitations r what will improve d lot of Ndigbo's? Pls put your head 2 good use.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by chyz(m): 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2010
excanny:

My friend, do you realize that this is the politics section, and matters concerning Igbos are part of Nigerian politics?

Are you trying to intimidate people here? If you dont like a thread, STFU or jump off a cliff, ok?

Don't mind Wesley80, he is even Igbo himself.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by excanny: 10:17pm On Nov 19, 2010
@wesley80

I'm very selective when it comes to topics i comment on here. This one is a good thread. You should have made your comments on those threads you didn't like, not here. You keep saying inferiority inferiority complex about Igbos all the time. Tell me my any group here that are more confident than the Igbos. And who is suffering from inferiority complex? You who deny your Igbo identity because of the fear of less than 500,000 Ijaws
or me who who writes my Igbo identity on my forehead despite possible discrimination?

@ chyz.
I know him. He's one of those confused Ikwerres.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by ezeagu(m): 10:20pm On Nov 19, 2010
wesley80:

It seems you don't know how to read titles.

Anioma [/b]Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of [b]Igbo Extraction
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by ezeagu(m): 10:22pm On Nov 19, 2010
I'm waiting for the country to break into as much pieces as it needs to.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by ChinenyeN(m): 10:29pm On Nov 19, 2010
/
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by asha80(m): 10:30pm On Nov 19, 2010
i do not understand the so called congratulation and what it is for.  the post is only acting and it was going to get to man anyway since he is the next in line after the sacking of uduaghan and his deputy.it is not a permanent thing.

ha this Emeka Esogbue is taking this Anioma thing seriously.even for facebook.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by AndreUweh(m): 11:17pm On Nov 19, 2010
asha 80:

i do not understand the so called congratulation and what it is for. the post is only acting and it was going to get to man anyway since he is the next in line after the sacking of uduaghan and his deputy.it is not a permanent thing.

ha this Emeka Esogbue is taking this Anioma thing seriously.even for facebook.
Emeka is an Igbo right activist like me and he is fighting a good fight. Am reguraly in touch with him and other Igbo right activist from Delta state. God bless him.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by asha80(m): 11:37pm On Nov 19, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Emeka is an Igbo right activist like me and he is fighting a good fight. Am reguraly in touch with him and other Igbo right activist from Delta state. God bless him.

Hmm do you know about his thoughts of eastern igbos?i do not think he he sees us in good light.i have read a lot of his articles.

http://www.articlesbase.com/authors/emeka-esogbue/41281
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by AndreUweh(m): 11:55pm On Nov 19, 2010
asha 80:

Hmm do you know about his thoughts of eastern igbos?i do not think he he sees us in good light.i have read a lot of his articles.

http://www.articlesbase.com/authors/emeka-esogbue/41281
At a time he was poorly informed, but now he is a repentant man and fighting for Igbo empowerment.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by wesley80(m): 12:16am On Nov 20, 2010
@excanny, U got me laughing with your comment, credit 2 u. FYI, I'm not Ikwerre, so u can guess again.
Secondly, I dont deny being Igbo, I realized d foolishness in doing so years ago. But I dont agree 2 being an Igbo just to score political/numerical or economic scores.
This thread waz supposed 2 be abt the achievements and challenges of Delta Igbos but inevitably was heading 2 the direction of the same old debate of Igbo political domination or lack of it, true federalism and the rest sick excuses for mental laziness. Una no dey tire?
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by asha80(m): 12:21am On Nov 20, 2010
wesley80:

@excanny, U got me laughing with your comment, credit 2 u. FYI, I'm not Ikwerre, so u can guess again.
Secondly, I dont deny being Igbo, I realized d foolishness in doing so years ago. But I dont agree 2 being an Igbo just to score political/numerical or economic scores.
This thread waz supposed 2 be abt the achievements and challenges of Delta Igbos but inevitably was heading 2 the direction of the same old debate of Igbo political domination or lack of it, true federalism and the rest sick excuses for mental laziness. Una no dey tire?

what is wrong with true federalism?
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by Blazay(m): 12:25am On Nov 20, 2010
These are interesting times I should say.
Don't know if to call it Divine intervention or just plain good luck.

First, we have a South-South indegene as the President of Nigeria.
Now, we have an Anioma Igbo as Governor of "The Delta State of Nigeria"(The birth right of ONLY Urhobo and Itsekiri peeps?)

The world is truly coming to an end.
Unbelieveable.

This is going to be interesting.

The new governor is going to need the protection of the JTF ALL YEAR ROUND.

Aluta!

Anyhow, to the "New Governor": Alhaji Blazay offers his hearty congratulations. May the forces be with you. grin

Please, make sure you inspect your new "Governor's Mansion" for Utoumakors(heavy jujus).
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by chyz(m): 12:27am On Nov 20, 2010
wesley80:

The case of your accusation was not brought up by an Igbo so if you want to rant you need rant on that person which did so.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by wesley80(m): 12:38am On Nov 20, 2010
@Chyz, Please be careful with that word 'rant'. That word was the reason The great Zik cursed his brother Chuba Okadigbo. The words of our fathers are words of wisdom, Thread carefully.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by excanny: 12:39am On Nov 20, 2010
wesley80:

Secondly, I dont deny being Igbo, I realized d foolishness in doing so years ago. But I dont gree 2 being an Igbo just to score political/numerical or economic scores.

Ukwuani/Ika/Ikwerre fall under the same classification in my books. I could use them interchangeably. I dont see any difference.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by wesley80(m): 12:43am On Nov 20, 2010
^^^ well I'm still non of those so u want to keep guessing?
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by AndreUweh(m): 12:45am On Nov 20, 2010
becomrich4:

Ishiekwene , Eluebo, Adagbon, Ayokor Asoya Egede, Benji

You people are sick. I am telling you , Ika people are not igbo. look at all this name above, they are names of Ika people, do this look igbo to you.

It is 419 by the PDP to win election. for another election to give them another 4 years.
The above imbecilic post is very irrelevant here.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by chyz(m): 12:45am On Nov 20, 2010
wesley80:

@Chyz, Please be careful with that word 'rant'. That word was the reason The great Zik cursed his brother Chuba Okadigbo. The words of our fathers are words of wisdom, Thread carefully.

You did not analyze the situation before you spoke. You first can into the thread pointing fingers and conveying sentiments  at the wrong people therefore it can be taken as a rant. When you curse your brother you curse yourself. Zik cursed his brother and then his other brother Ironsi came and overthrew him out of presidency.Remember that.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by excanny: 12:49am On Nov 20, 2010
wesley80:

^^^ well I'm still non of those so u want to keep guessing?
then you are obviously a deluded igbo. No need to waste my time on you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi / Solution To Nigeria Problem / Alhaji Maitama Sule Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.