Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction (3527 Views)

BIAFRA-ANIOMA Group Responds To Circulating Propaganda / Anioma Group Blasts Apc's Laurreta Onochie For Her Infamous "Press Release"!!! / PDP Affirms Garba Umar As Taraba Acting-Governor… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by aljharem(m): 12:58am On Nov 20, 2010
my igbo brothers and sisters, this is good news

i know now that other igbos like ika and co will embrace one ndigbo

why should they seperate from there brothers, this is good development

one again i am happy for the igbos and indeed the whole nigeria should be happy

cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley wink
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by wesley80(m): 1:07am On Nov 20, 2010
@Chyz, this is 4 u and others that too often delight in throwing insults without second thots. Its in good faith so rememba 2 thank me later.
'it is the mere ranting of an ant'
Chuba Okadigbo(1981) then political adviser to Pres Shehu Shagari, dismissing Nnamdi Azikiwe's complaints of election fraud.

Zik to Okadigbo - 'My boy, may you live to your full potential,ascend to as dizzy a height as is possible for anyone of your political description in your era to rise. May u be acknowledged world wide as u rise like an eagle atop trees, flota among the clouds, preside over the affairs of fellow men , As leaders of all countries pour into Ngr to breath into her ear. But then, Chuba,if it is not the tradition of our people that elders are roundly insulted by young men before tie world as you have unjustly done to me, may your reign come to an abrupt and shattering close. As you look ahead, Chuba, as u see the horizon, dedicating a great marble palace that is the envy of the world, toasted by the most powerful men in the land, may the great big hand of fate snatch it all away from you. . . .
2 be contd.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by chyz(m): 1:12am On Nov 20, 2010
wesley80:

@Chyz, this is 4 u and others that too often delight in throwing insults without second thots. Its in good faith so rememba 2 thank me later.
'it is the mere ranting of an ant'
Chuba Okadigbo(1981) then political adviser to Pres Shehu Shagari, dismissing Nnamdi Azikiwe's complaints of election fraud.

Zik to Okadigbo - 'My boy, may you live to your full potential,ascend to as dizzy a height as is possible for anyone of your political description in your era to rise. May u be acknowledged world wide as u rise like an eagle atop trees, flota among the clouds, preside over the affairs of fellow men , As leaders of all countries pour into Ngr to breath into her ear. But then, Chuba,if it is not the tradition of our people that elders are roundly insulted by young men before tie world as you have unjustly done to me, may your reign come to an abrupt and shattering close. As you look ahead, Chuba, as u see the horizon, dedicating a great marble palace that is the envy of the world, toasted by the most powerful men in the land, may the great big hand of fate snatch it all away from you. . . .
2 be contd.

So you get mad because you were called out on your mistake? Be a man.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by wesley80(m): 1:22am On Nov 20, 2010
Continued
. . . , .Just as it appears as if nothing can possibly go awry, Chuba, as you look forward to hosting the worlds most powerful leader and shaking his hand, as you begin to smell the recognition and leadership of the Igbo people, may the crown fall off your head and your political head off your shoulders. None of my words will come to pass, Chuba until u have risen to the very height of your power and glory and health, but then u will b hounded and humiliated and disgraced out of office, your credibility and name in tatters forever.
Late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe reacting to Chuba Okadigbos 'ranting of an ant'
Concluded
So where were u in 1981?, i guessed your history was bad so i had to help u by typing that out from my archives. I suggest u find a place 4 it in yours and learn from it.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by chyz(m): 1:26am On Nov 20, 2010
wesley80:

Continued
. . . ,  .Just as it appears as if nothing can possibly go awry, Chuba, as you look forward to hosting the worlds most powerful leader and shaking his hand, as you begin to smell the recognition and leadership of the Igbo people, may the crown fall off your head and your political head off your shoulders. None of my words will come to pass, Chuba until u have risen to the very height of your power and glory and health, but then u will b hounded and humiliated and disgraced out of office, your credibility and name in tatters forever.
Late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe reacting to Chuba Okadigbos 'ranting of an ant'
Concluded
So where were u in 1981?, i guessed your history was bad so i had to help u by typing that out from my archives. I suggest u find a place 4 it in yours and learn from it.

And where has did that curse get his people?
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by SapeleGuy: 1:28am On Nov 20, 2010
Blazay:

Now, we have an Anioma Igbo as Governor of "The Delta State of Nigeria"(The birth right of ONLY Urhobo and Itsekiri peeps?)

Please,  make sure you inspect your new "Governor's Mansion" for Utoumakors(heavy jujus).

Lion no dey born goat, is this man not PDP? Who do you think made him Speaker in the first place? if you know how the other speakers were removed you will know that this guy is 'Emmaluels boy'

In case you missed the news there was an election fraud that affected the Anioma, Urhobo, Isoko, Izon, Itsekiri and all the the other ethnicities in Delta State.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by wesley80(m): 1:28am On Nov 20, 2010
well, look where it got Chuba!
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by wesley80(m): 1:38am On Nov 20, 2010
@Chyz. I aint mad at cha. But just becos u spend so much time fighting fellow tribalists in your self declared wars shouldnt be an excuse to be turned into a cyber-cannibal. You can still maintain reasonable borders of decorum whilst fighting your needless battles. Its even more sad 4 a lady. Why not leave that turf?
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by Pharoh: 9:21am On Nov 20, 2010
Lets wee who will be come governor at the end of the day.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by wesley80(m): 11:15am On Nov 20, 2010
^^^ Zoning may be dead Within the PDP at the federal level but it is still very much alive at the state level. The odds on favorite without a doubt remains Uduaghan. Clark and co are only blowing hot air.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by winpecheux: 12:50am On Oct 10, 2011
You people are busy saying something that is not true, You are making a big mistake by thinking anioma state is an igbo state, Never.
Ask anioma people around you, Look let me let one fact clear to you, It'll be better for us to join hausa than to join igbo, We can never be igbo, River niger is the boundary,
You people should wake up from your slumber and face reality, Have you ever seen any ika or ukwani man claiming to be igbo?
We need urhobo people more than the igbos, Igbos should find their square-root, They should not look up to having our area at all.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by ak47mann(m): 2:18am On Oct 10, 2011
interesting cool cool
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by aljharem3: 2:21am On Oct 10, 2011
winpecheux:

You people are busy saying something that is not true, You are making a big mistake by thinking anioma state is an igbo state, Never.
Ask anioma people around you, Look let me let one fact clear to you, It'll be better for us to join hausa than to join igbo, We can never be igbo, River niger is the boundary,
You people should wake up from your slumber and face reality, Have you ever seen any ika or ukwani man claiming to be igbo?
We need urhobo people more than the igbos, Igbos should find their square-root, They should not look up to having our area at all.

Are you Anioma by any chance ?
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by Chyz2: 2:30am On Oct 10, 2011
winpecheux:

You are in no way Anioman so therefore you should shut your mouth. Also, never say a word about Ukwuani because u know nothing about it!
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by ezeagu(m): 7:31pm On Oct 10, 2011
winpecheux:

Delta North is marginalised because you are seen as Igbo people by other Nigerians. Why else is Anioma state being proposed.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by redsun(m): 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2011
That guy too stole alot of money in the short period that he was there as the acting commander in chief(thieving) of delta.Moneies that are still unaccounted for till date.NIGERIAN POLICIANS ARE ALL THIEVES,TRIBE AND RELIGION NOT WITHSTANDING.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by redsun(m): 9:53pm On Oct 10, 2011
That guy too stole a lot of money in the short period that he was there as the acting commander in chief(thieving) of delta.Monies that are still unaccounted for till date.NIGERIAN POLITICIANS ARE HABITUAL ALL THIEVES,TRIBE AND RELIGION NOT WITHSTANDING.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by olisaokere(m): 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2012
Andre Uweh:
The above imbecilic post is very irrelevant here.

Very Imbesilic.Even the Edo people refer to igbake people as igbos and not even ika.The name Ishiekwene is igbo if you dont know.Ika Ika!!!person no go hear word....Rubbish
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by sonya4all(m): 9:17am On Sep 09, 2012
The same emeka,wrote this about ika...I wonder where the igbo propaganda is emanating from.... Mr imbecilic.... That word has been over used by you..Update your vocabulary......

April 1st, 2011 | Author: Emeka Esogbue
6In “the Punch” publication of November 27, 2006, a statement was issued by the Benin Traditional Council in Benin in which the Oba of Benin,His Royal Majesty, Omo N‘Oba N‘Edo Uku Akpolokpolo reportedly “dismissed insinuations that the Igbanke people in Orhionmwon Local Government Area of Edo were not Benin but Ika”. This statement was officially signed by Chief S. O. Obamwonyi. In order words, the revered Beninmonarch was officially claiming Igbanke to be Benin and not Ika. That speculation is simply a poignant one for the history ofthe Ika people presently lumpedin Edo State, South-south, Nigeria. Unfortunately, for political reasons the history of the Ika people is set to be rewritten in what has become a common episode in the nation.
Only a few years back, accusations and counter accusations reigned on the proper history of interrelationsbetween Benin and Yoruba; Modakeke and Ife; Anioma and Igbo; Ijaw and Itsekiri on ownership of Warri etc. The Nigerian people have certainly become accustomed to situations like this. The Nigerianpolitical scientists have sought to know the reason behind claims and rejections of communities and territories andit has been discovered that it benefits nothing other than political reason of adding to thenumerical figure which howeveris short of reimbursement of developments to the people. The history of claims and counterclaims of Igbanke peopleas we shall see here is a peculiar one however, we need to firstly truly determine who the Igbanke are and just how they see themselves.
Contrarily to His Majesty’s assertion, Igbanke is in truth ofIka (Eka) family and sees itself as so. One derivable means of determining the history of a community is how the people ofthat community in question seethemselves. This is explained bymythologies, songs, folklore, traditions, music and cultures of the said group of people. In Nigeria in particular, when several other groups begin to lay claims to any community, there is surely something amissand in the case of Igbanke, theBenin monarch wishes that the Igbanke people who are poised to rejoin their kith and kin in Delta State remain as part of Edo state to complete the population figure of the state as against the people’s collective wish having as they say they have been marginally treated in the state.
Igbankes speak Ika language. Ika shares linguistics with Benin and Enuani speakers. It is also amixture of Benin and Aniocha (Igbo) culture but distinct from either of the two groups the same way Itsekiri, derived fromBenin and Yoruba is distinct andIsoko and Urhobo considered two distinct ethnic groups. Benin’s claim to Ika area including Igbanke can be officially traced to 1936 when the British forcefully subjected Agbor area to Benin, following Benin’s claim that the area wasan indivisible part of Benin Kingdom, following the reactionsfrom prominent Ika leaders advanced to the British on the basis that the people were of Ika stock thus independent of Benin or any known ethnic group, the British had the development reversed and separate warrant chiefs were appointed for the Ika region.
Historically, the (Ekas) Ikas are believed to have migrated fromBenin and first settled in Agborwith their earliest form of language called Bibi (Jacob Egharevba). Much as this history is found tenable as considered in tales and mythologies of the people and supported by names of clans, quarters and festivals of the people, the Ika group has today evolved as a grouping distinct from any ethnic group. The Ika apart from Igbanke, Ekpon and a few other communities are largely locatedwithin two local government areas of Delta State. The area occupies 17.45 square kilometres according to the information found on Delta State Government website in 1999 and has a total populationof about 240,000 people.
According to Onyeche Ifeanyi Joseph, Ika people that include Igbanke comprise of the following:
1. Agbor clan
2. Owa clan
3. Abavo clan
4. Ute-Okpu clan
5. Ute-Ogbeje clan
6 Umunede clan
7. Akumazi clan
8. Igbodo clan
9. Otolokpo clan
10. Mbiri clan
11. Idumuesah clan
12. Orogodo/Boji-Boji
We are further told that:
“The Ika collective group is sometimes regarded as an ethnic group or tribe (Bates 1996; Lewis 1996; de la Gorgendiere 1996; Jenkins 1997)
Bates describes tribe as:
“a decentralized descent-and kinship-based grouping in whicha number of subgroups are loosely linked to one another. There is no centralized system of authority, decision making, or social control, but potential exists to unite a large number of local groups for common defense or warfare. The internal organization is similar inprinciple to that of the lineage or clan. Just how the lineages are expressed and maintained varies from society to society. One system is for two or more clans to see themselves as related, even though each group generally will act autonomously in managing its affairs. However, the sense of common identity can be called into play for defense” (1996: 219).
A tribe can be seen as sometimes containing several independent clans or what Bates (1996) called subgroups that are not necessarily related through shared lineage of descent (Gutane 2001).
Due to political reasons “tribe” or “ethnic group” evokes fluidness in meaning due to unnecessary emotion it enjoys, this is because of the complexities involved in understanding the history of the people claims and counterclaims involved in the arrogation of separate people, a situation that makes it difficult for the Federal Government to truly determinethe actual number of the ethnic groups existing in the nation. Larger groups are oftentending to swallow smaller groups in the context of gaining political balance or importance in the polity.
Igbanke comprises of six villagesand all of these six villages speak the Ika language. A recorded version of history believes that the community was founded by farmers from Ishan and Agbor villages who settled in this area, founded the five original villages, namelyAke, Igbontor, Otta Idumodin and Umolua. Oligie village, the sixth village in the Igbanke clan,is claimed by Oligie people to have been founded by Ottor from Benin (Kerr, 1937; Simpson, n.d). This version demonstrates that the community was not a sole foundation of Benin Agbor also plays significant roles in the origin of the community.
From the foregoing, it is difficult to point Igbanke as Benin, when its indigenes do not understand Bini. How His Royal Majesty, the Oba of Beninwill address his Igbanke “subjects” in Bini language and expect messages is a wonder since the people are never Edo speakers. If by proper definition, Edo is the name for the place, people and language of an ethnic group in Nigeria and other Edo-speaking ethnic groups, does this include Igbanke that has only Ika as itslanguage? As we can imagine, Igbanke may only be referred to as Benin if the Great Benin Empire which stretched to Lagos (Eko) and Republic of Benin is still in existence. Still, if we assume that the whole Ika speaking people which Igbanke is branched is Benin, should we by extension regard Umunede and Igbodo as Benin?
The era in which people are regarded and classified in contrariwise to how they view themselves is long forgotten, itis difficult to believe that a history of a people is better known from the outside whereas the people view themselves differently. This is exactly the beginning of social problems in Nigeria and gives room to claims and counterclaims of the ethnic groups by people and other larger ethnic groups leading to confrontations, conflicts, agitations and re-agitations forseparate states in the country.When a group is lodged in states they ordinarily do not consider themselves to belong as a people, culturally, linguistically and historically, thetendency is that they will never become placated. Claiminga group of people who have spoken otherwise for any reason at all amounts to a waste of energy because that agitation will only be temporarily abated but never enduringly repressed as we have seen in the case of Igbanke.
In 1991, Bendel State, in which Benin, Asaba and Delta regions were composed, was split into two that led to the creation ofEdo and State. In Delta State was the Anioma region which comprises of Ika, Oshimili, Ndokwa/Ukwani, and Aniocha people but Igbanke and Ekpon were deliberately and silently denied their lasting natural liberty of joining their Ika kith and kin in the new state and have ever since continually agitated to re-united with their kith and kin in Delta Statebecause as they put it, they have become marginally and unfavourably treated in Edo State where they do not belong. Once again, the dismissalof His Royal Majesty of what hedescribed as insinuation will continue to trouble the region and indeed the Federal Government if the will of the people is ignored, one only prays that it does not degenerate to the extent thatcrisis will erupt before it is addressed as typical to the Nigerian nation.
It is difficult to rewrite the history of the Igbanke, they are certainly Ika speaking people of Anioma and should bemade to rejoin their kith and kin.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by olisaokere(m): 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2012
Have you not heard that the Igbanke people are fighting tooth and nail to join delta state or the proposed anioma state?They are heavily marginalized in Edo to the extent that these igbanke people started changing their igbo names to benin names all to survive.When it comes to electioneering period they are heavily used to rig election and so on and when the aim is achieved,these real edo politicians disengage and never remember them because they are not seen as real edo people.The Statement Oba of Benin made about Igbanke people is political.Chukwuemeka Esogbue on his own part used to fight for the unity among igbos in diaspora but lately the quest for anioma state has made him to divert his focus into denying being igbo.His fathers name is chukwudumebi and the father fought for Biafra and grandfathers name is Ozoemezie.Chief (Prof) Augustine Onwuyalim Moses Esogbue is also a member of the family.In December 2010, Esogbue was nominated for the Igbo Legendary Lectures/Awards, which honour Igbo legends who have distinguished themselves and helped to redefine Igbo consciousness and collective aspiration of the people. The awards were held on 29 December 2010 (12.00pm) at Nike Lake Resort Enugu, Enugu State, Nigeria.EMeka is a full blooded Igbo man but i wont be surprised if he decides to become something else.So nobody in the anioma area should speak on behalf of the people as many people in this region know they are pure IGBO.where the problem of identity crisis mainly emanates from those communities sharing same boundary with edo people.some of them are still confused there as not all believe in this benin this,bini that.Thats all politics for you though.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by Afam4eva(m): 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2012
asha 80: i do not understand the so called congratulation and what it is for.  the post is only acting and it was going to get to man anyway since he is the next in line after the sacking of uduaghan and his deputy.it is not a permanent thing.

ha this Emeka Esogbue is taking this Anioma thing seriously.even for facebook.
You're right with the bolded. Emeka Esogbue is taking this Anioma ish to another level. I think he wants to be to Anioma what people like Elechi Amadi was to Ikwerre people. Ndi Anioma should be wary of this man whose sole aim is to divide Igboland. Imagine him writing an article that some Igbos are descendants of Anioma. WTF does that mean?
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by PointB: 10:27pm On Sep 10, 2012
wesley80: @excanny, U got me laughing with your comment, credit 2 u. FYI, I'm not Ikwerre, so u can guess again.
Secondly, I dont deny being Igbo, I realized d foolishness in doing so years ago. But I dont agree 2 being an Igbo just to score political/numerical or economic scores.
This thread waz supposed 2 be abt the achievements and challenges of Delta Igbos but inevitably was heading 2 the direction of the same old debate of Igbo political domination or lack of it, true federalism and the rest sick excuses for mental laziness. Una no dey tire?

One Igbo voice should seek to re-enforce the other the other not to undermine it. That's one way of achieving unity of purpose, or whatever else your believe Igbos should pursue. Let's quit undermining one another in this jungle.

Peace!
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by wesley80(m): 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
PointB:

One Igbo voice should seek to re-enforce the other the other not to undermine it. That's one way of achieving unity of purpose, or whatever else your believe Igbos should pursue. Let's quit undermining one another in this jungle.

Peace!
Well, I believe every Igbo voice should reinforce what's true regardless of what the general perception is. In any case, this discussion took place a couple of years ago during the height of the activities of the 'separatist group' and a lot has changed since then.
Re: Anioma Group Congratulates Delta Acting Governor Of Igbo Extraction by PointB: 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2012
wesley80:
Well, I believe every Igbo voice should reinforce what's true regardless of what the general perception is. In any case, this discussion took place a couple of years ago during the height of the activities of the 'separatist group' and a lot has changed since then.

Didn't notice the time stamp prior to posting. No worries my guy. Take care!

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Muhammadu Buhari / Nigeria's Distabilisation Plot Seemed On Course / Ekweremadu’s Proposal To Break Up Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.