Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Starting Up A Company Before I Graduate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting Up A Company Before I Graduate (750 Views)

Starting Up A Filling Station: How Much Capital Is Needed? / Have You Done Business With This Company Before? / Pls Help. Info Needed In Starting Up A Building Material And Sawmill Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting Up A Company Before I Graduate by smilypie: 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2010
I want to start up a company but I haven't even graduated yet and I am not based in Nigeria. That is not the problem, the problem is, would I have to do youth service (NYC) if I want to start up in Nigeria (I'm under 30)? If I start up the company I do not need to seek employment so maybe it doesn't count as when people do their youth service they use it to gain employment too. I will be too busy with my company to do the NYC as the company requires more or less full time work.

Your help on this topic will be well appreciated as I do not know much about it.
Re: Starting Up A Company Before I Graduate by jesuseun1(m): 6:40am On Nov 20, 2010
1,you dont need to do your Nysc before u start ur company.

2,to start ur company ,u just need to register your company business name with CAC(Corporate affiars commission)and u start right away.

3,even while u are serving ,you can still run your company,d choice is yours.
Re: Starting Up A Company Before I Graduate by smilypie: 3:03pm On Nov 20, 2010
So if I start up the company, I do not have to do the youth service then?
Re: Starting Up A Company Before I Graduate by consultmartins(m): 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2010
Starting a business is easier said than done. You ask too many irrelevant questions; if you are really serious about starting a company, my candid advice to you is this: JUST START.
Re: Starting Up A Company Before I Graduate by emanager1: 3:37pm On Nov 21, 2010
Dear nairalander,

In your best interest starrtup your company now. The process of starting up should be what is on you mind not service issue. For now, you can start by deciding what you want to go into, the risk involved, your progression and other stuffs related to it. Also I recommend you also start the registration of a company. In most cases when you start doing your research opportunities come by but due to the fact that you don't have a registered company you might lose it(call me up in such cases). See your service year as another opportunity to link up with people with same and different ideas to drive your entrepreneurship spirit. Everything in life as its advantage just weigh it and see which is best for you.
Best of luck.

You are in which country, let us see the opportunity that is there so that we can explore it.

Regards,
e-manager
Re: Starting Up A Company Before I Graduate by smilypie: 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2010
I'm abroad
Re: Starting Up A Company Before I Graduate by AmeLonRo(m): 12:15pm On May 13, 2013
consultmartins: Starting a business is easier said than done. You ask too many irrelevant questions; if you are really serious about starting a company, my candid advice to you is this: JUST START.

I salute your view/comment big time. Less talk and more action is the language of business owners.
Re: Starting Up A Company Before I Graduate by AmeLonRo(m): 12:17pm On May 13, 2013
If you are interested in forex, lets talk on newgbenge@yahoo.com
Re: Starting Up A Company Before I Graduate by OmerianConsult: 6:07pm On May 13, 2013
Your starting a biz has nothing to do with NYSC. Just register your business and start! With more than 160 million people, virtually any goods/service will sell in Nigeria.

However, the business environment here is quite challenging so you really need to finetune your ideas/concept. Firms fold up everday while many others make millions daily!

We are a Business Development & Advisory Services firm so we can take you on for free (being a student.) Call/mail us and let's discuss your opportunity. we can also help you get registered with the CAC.

Ross Perot: "Brain and wits will always win money everyday."

(1) (Reply)

Catch The Latest Business Idea / Make Money From Google Legally / Will Banks Open Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.