Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Henry Boyo Is Dead - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Henry Boyo Is Dead (27849 Views)

Boyo Onanuga Quotes Yoruba Nation Twitter Page. / Henry Idahagbon Appointed As A Federal Commissioner / Goodluck Jonathan Receives Prince Henry Nwazuruahu In Port Harcourt (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by ZankuB: 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2019
[s]
Officialgarri:
Henry Boyo, the only confident and non-hypocritical man who could call a spade a spade.

He once boldly called Okonjo Iweala a failure! And has also damaged the Nigerian economy

Well, by all facts and the price of oil then as a measure, the economy was indeed a disaster.

The only reason why we appreciate her is because the economy of now isn't fairing better than hers, but it doesn't mean it was all good

RIP sir
[/s]
helinues say hello to our latest recruit cool
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by urahara(m): 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2019
Daaaaimmnn

Cc grandstar
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by grandstar(m): 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
urahara:
Daaaaimmnn

Cc grandstar

I'm shocked. I never knew he was that old. A gem is gone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by Credobee(m): 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
VanPOLICE:
Nigerian economic analyst and popular columnist, Henry Boyo, has died.

Boyo was 72 at the time of his death.

He was reported to have died on Monday after a brief illness.

He was a popular critic of the government’s policies on the economy.

Source : http://saharareporters.com/2019/11/19/just-veteran-economic-analyst-henry-boyo-dead

p
One of the few practical economic gurus of our time

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by madridguy(m): 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
RIP legend.
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by helinues: 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2019
ZankuB:
[s][/s]
helinues say hello to our latest recruit cool

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Seun
OAMJ4
Dominque

here we go again, the cancellers

Thanks in advance
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by femifemi1(m): 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2019
At his age then, Henry Boyo can break down economic variables to the simplest level for a market woman to understand....it was from him I realised that all these indices spiting out by our govt are false. Imagine food inflation at 14.09% when a unit of the indices like rice has tripled in price.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by helinues: 5:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
Officialgarri:
Henry Boyo, the only confident and non-hypocritical man who could call a spade a spade.

He once boldly called Okonjo Iweala a failure! And has also damaged the Nigerian economy

Well, by all facts and the price of oil then as a measure, the economy was indeed a disaster.

The only reason why we appreciate her is because the economy of now isn't fairing better than hers, but it doesn't mean it was all good

RIP sir

broda, you see that nonsense of a thing cancelling your comments , dont respond to him cos he might get you banned.

Just help us with button 2.. It has really been effective these days. Yesterday till today,he is already making use of 7 accounts which is too low for me.

Button no 2. It is very important

Thanks
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by seunmsg(m): 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2019
Very sad! We just lost one of our best economist. RIP.

1 Like

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by meccuno: 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2019
Remember listening to this man on Kubaje Direct. RIP.
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by ZankuB: 5:53pm On Nov 20, 2019
[s]
helinues:

broda, you see that nonsense of a thing cancelling your comments , dont respond to him cos he might get you banned.

Just help us with button 2.. It has really been effective these days. Yesterday till today,he is already making use of 7 accounts which is too low for me.

Button no 2. It is very important

Thanks
[/s]
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by grandstar(m): 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
Officialgarri:

RIP sir

Okonjo wasn't a failure but it could have done better in more competent hands.

Soludo would have been the best for the country but was never appointed as finance minister. Even Pat Utomi would have been a better choice. They were hoodwinked by a World Bank credential. IMF guys are better in handling economies.

One of Soludo's policies which was discarded was the replacement of the Naira substitution policies with the issuance of dollar certificates. This policy would have led to a crash in commercial lending rates to single digits. Monetary policy would have been.looser and the economy would have been on fire growing by 8% or more yearly.

2 Likes

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by joefelin2345: 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2019
He has done his own bit. Whether they listened or not is their own headache. Time shall tell. Rest in perfect Peace Henry Boy. We shall miss your coloum every Monday in Punch Newspaper. My heart felt condolence to his family, friends, colleagues n Punch Newspaper.

2 Likes

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by PeacenLove2: 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2019
ambu2:
There were some economic theories, which this man kept proposing that it would help Nigeria economy get better. He talked and talked but nobody in government seems to be listening. Now he is dead without seeing the economy back on its feet. Sad.

Gentleman, eloquent, persuasive and passionate but ...

Rest in Peace Baba.

Very much so. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by Isnow: 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2019
Rip fellow analyst..
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by YaksonFCA(m): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2019
RIP Boyo
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by Okoroawusa: 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2019
Wow!...a great mind is gone!
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by PHIPEX(m): 7:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
A very big loss, I've known him since the era of Soludo. RIP sir !
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by Okoroawusa: 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2019
grandstar:

Soludo would have been the best for the country but was never appointed as finance minister. Even Pat Utomi would have been a better choice. They were hoodwinked by a World Bank credential. IMF guys are better in handling economies.

One of Soludo's policies which was discarded was the replacement of the Naira substitution policies with the issuance of dollar certificates. This policy would have led to a crash in commercial lending rates to single digits. Monetary policy would have been.looser and the economy would have been on fire growing by 8% or more yearly.

There were so many economic policies that Soludo couldn't implement simply because he was a mere CBN governor Also the insincerity of OBJ n the political class hoodwinked by IMF n World Bank didn't let him perform to his optimum.

He still remains Nigeria's best CBN for me at least.
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by nnemmpi(m): 7:24pm On Nov 20, 2019
What a great man he is
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by grandstar(m): 7:48pm On Nov 20, 2019
Okoroawusa:

There were so many economic policies that Soludo couldn't implement simply because he was a mere CBN governor Also the insincerity of OBJ n the political class hoodwinked by IMF n World Bank didn't let him perform to his optimum.

He still remains Nigeria's best CBN for me at least.

The IMF and the World Bank would have been supporters of Soludo's policies. He was the best CBN governor ever.

He would have performed much better if he had the full support of the Presidency. Unfortunately, political meddling scuttled many good policies such the ending the Naira substitution policy and replacing it with Dollar certificates.

3 Likes

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by dfrost: 7:51pm On Nov 20, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Chei this is big blow to the Nigerian Economy but many will not know ..This man was the only Nigerian economist I trusted will fix the economy , this dude was the Alan Greenspan of Nigeria and the kind of name I thought Buhari will nominate as minister of finance or CBN governor in 2015 when I voted for him ..Chei this man had so much valid approaches to offer our economy but was never used

Dude, that name Alan Greenspan na chairmen name oOo cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by aalangel(f): 8:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
He used to be a guest on our Shows.

1 Like

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2019
RIP sir.
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by DexterousOne(m): 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2019
femifemi1:
At his age then, Henry Boyo can break down economic variables to the simplest level for a market woman to understand....it was from him I realised that all these indices spiting out by our govt are false. Imagine food inflation at 14.09% when a unit of the indices like rice has tripled in price.

Don't mind our statisticians

They lying to us
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by TheStarsAlign: 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2019
RIP sir.

I so much loved and respected you. Mr Henry Olujmi Boyo you wrote severally and consistently on how to reduce inflation, improve exchange rate and better the quality of the Naira and aggregate living standard but the powers that be turned deaf ears.This made me realized that the government is actually the enemy.

You were a true mentor. A voice in the wilderness, a real patriot and nationalist. You will surely be missed. You have ran your race well and now it's time for you to rest.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by bigpicture001: 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2019
grandstar:

Soludo never proposed naira substitution strategy...

His was "decimalization of the naira"..nd moreover he goofed....

1 Like

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by bigpicture001: 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
grandstar:

The IMF and the World Bank would have been supporters of Soludo's policies. He was the best CBN governor ever.

He would have performed much better if he had the full support of the Presidency. Unfortunately, political meddling scuttled many good policies such the ending the Naira substitution policy and replacing it with Dollar certificates.

No o..to me sanusi was better....engage me if u can
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by bigpicture001: 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2019
...you wont believe I find myself crying....

He really touched me..i stumbled upon his economic article on vanguard.." lesleba"...I was moved...I read nd read..... nd dicided to get involed...

I went on to study economics, graduated, became d best monetary policies analyst in.my skl day...I was a force!

Skls fear me, as I led myskl on a rampage of victories on different interskl debate...

I really loved him personally..he was my mentor...now I teach econonics at a fedearl school...nd teach my students his theories..

Its a pity CBN saw him as a rival instead of bring him in...soludo was pragmatic..he was the closest chase to actualizing his policies...but he didint....recently, governors form as proposed that their allocation b issued in dollars..lets hope dey succed nd his glory day will come

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by Lokostic77: 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
RIP Henry Boyo, fantastic economy analyst, don't know he was up to that age (72)
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by Blankstare(m): 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
Rest in the guru... good night

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Campaign In Gombe- Live Updates / 'Wike For 2019 Vice President' Posters Spotted In Abuja (Photos) / Longer Video Of President Buhari In London Cracking Jokes With Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.