Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Henry Boyo Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Henry Boyo Is Dead (27847 Views)

Boyo Onanuga Quotes Yoruba Nation Twitter Page. / Henry Idahagbon Appointed As A Federal Commissioner / Goodluck Jonathan Receives Prince Henry Nwazuruahu In Port Harcourt (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by femi4: 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2019
PrincessGift:
Who the bleep is he? undecided
illiterate var generation
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by webngnews: 10:40pm On Nov 20, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by grandstar(m): 10:47pm On Nov 20, 2019
bigpicture001:

Soludo never proposed naira substitution strategy...

His was "decimalization of the naira"..nd moreover he goofed....

Soludo did. Even Henry Boyo alluded to it. The governor's were uncomfortable with the use of Dollar certificates and complained to Yar'Adua who sided with them. The governors are paid in Dollar certificates and not actual dollar cash.
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by bigpicture001: 10:52pm On Nov 20, 2019
grandstar:

Soludo did. Even Henry Boyo alluded to it. The governor's were uncomfortable with the use of Dollar certificates and complained to Yar'Adua who sided with them. The governors are paid in Dollar certificates and not actual dollar cash.

I know abt the theories...but it never happened..soludo is very action driven..would hv fought his way through...well, yar' dua messed up naija..in his short time
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by grandstar(m): 10:54pm On Nov 20, 2019
bigpicture001:

Soludo never proposed naira substitution strategy...

His was "decimalization of the naira"..nd moreover he goofed....

He did

https://allafrica.com/stories/200802120001.html
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by grandstar(m): 10:55pm On Nov 20, 2019
bigpicture001:

I know abt the theories...but it never happened..soludo is very action driven..would hv fought his way through...well, yar' dua messed up naija..in his short time

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by bigpicture001: 11:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
grandstar:

He did

That yar' dua man was a slow but empty leader.....

Yea..i remeber that period...that day CBN anniunced the policy vanguard made "mr boyo" face public for the first tym....he has been anonymous......

Still soludo fought d man..nd later gave up at yar;dua's tenure..if he had listened...OBJ would hv given him.a pass....

Soludo bleeped up..even at d chance of decimalization

1 Like

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by mcwilliams7(m): 2:03am On Nov 21, 2019
PrincessGift:
You can't see the headline? What is this generation turning to? undecided

1 Like

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by seguno2: 6:19am On Nov 21, 2019
Officialgarri:
Henry Boyo, the only confident and non-hypocritical man who could call a spade a spade.

He once boldly called Okonjo Iweala a failure! And has also damaged the Nigerian economy

Well, by all facts and the price of oil then as a measure, the economy was indeed a disaster.

The only reason why we appreciate her is because the economy of now isn't fairing better than hers, but it doesn't mean it was all good

RIP sir

“Isn’t fairing better” is the same as thing as “it is worse”

1 Like

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by seguno2: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2019
PrincessGift:

He is someone that a lazy youth won’t know about.
Now, stop being lazy with your oloosho work

1 Like

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by weownlagos: 8:10am On Nov 21, 2019
One of this county's best brains have departed from earth. Rest in peace.
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by PrincessGift(f): 8:35am On Nov 21, 2019
femi4:
illiterate var generation
for ur mind now,u v made a point,smh
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by PrincessGift(f): 8:36am On Nov 21, 2019
seguno2:

He is someone that a lazy youth won’t know about.
Now, stop being lazy with your oloosho work

Lol...ode grin
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by coldFLARES1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2019
I quite like tally with with his views most times. A great brain he was.

Condolences to those left to mourn him. I quite value his contributions to discussions on the economy and would miss him.

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace!
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by VolvoS60(m): 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2019
Not one Nigerian president has had formal training (up to degree level) in economics and finance. Not a single one.

It is inevitable that all of them are held hostage to advisers of all kinds - and government policy choices then become a matter of whoever has the president's ear. Unfortunately, all too often, advisers (in and out of government) with sinister motives win the war of influence. The result? Disastrous policy choices with severe real world consequences - mass suffering, widespread poverty, misery and death.

Imagine the possibilities that could open up with a president who can comfortably hold his own against the army of economic advisers, technocrats, bureaucrats etc. (and the vested interests they represent) that he must work with. A president who actually has an economic policy agenda he designed (or helped design) from the ground up - and not one he passively received from so called 'advisers'. In summary, someone who knows what he's doing.

But this is all wishful thinking on my part. Nigerians have chosen their leaders and they must live with the consequences of those choices.

RIP, Mr Boyo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by obowunmi(m): 9:12am On Nov 22, 2019
Good man he was. cry cry cry
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by OkCornel(m): 9:37am On Nov 22, 2019
VolvoS60:
Not one Nigerian president has had formal training (up to degree level) in economics and finance. Not a single one.

It is inevitable that all of them are held hostage to advisers of all kinds - and government policy choices then become a matter of whoever has the president's ear. Unfortunately, all too often, advisers (in and out of government) with sinister motives win the war of influence. The result? Disastrous policy choices with severe real world consequences - mass suffering, widespread poverty, misery and death.

Imagine the possibilities that could open up with a president who can comfortably hold his own against the army of economic advisers, technocrats, bureaucrats etc. (and the vested interests they represent) that he must work with. A president who actually has an economic policy agenda he designed (or helped design) from the ground up - and not one he passively received from so called 'advisers'. In summary, someone who knows what he's doing.

But this is all wishful thinking on my part. Nigerians have chosen their leaders and they must live with the consequences of those choices.

RIP, Mr Boyo.

One million likes for this!
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by 989900: 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
ambu2:
There were some economic theories, which this man kept proposing that it would help Nigeria economy get better. He talked and talked but nobody in government seems to be listening. Now he is dead without seeing the economy back on its feet. Sad.

Gentleman, eloquent, persuasive and passionate but ...

Rest in Peace Baba.

cry cry

He is arguably the brightest economist ever in Nigeria, the brightest I've ever listened to!

I'm heartbroken, maybe they (them thieving selfish bastards) will listen to him now.
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by 989900: 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Chei this is big blow to the Nigerian Economy but many will not know ..This man was the only Nigerian economist I trusted will fix the economy , this dude was the Alan Greenspan of Nigeria and the kind of name I thought Buhari will nominate as minister of finance or CBN governor in 2015 when I voted for him ..Chei this man had so much valid approaches to offer our economy but was never used

Me too. sad

1 Like

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by 989900: 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2019
bigpicture001:
...you wont believe I find myself crying....

He really touched me..i stumbled upon his economic article on vanguard.." lesleba"...I was moved...I read nd read..... nd dicided to get involed...

I went on to study economics, graduated, became d best monetary policies analyst in.my skl day...I was a force!

Skls fear me, as I led myskl on a rampage of victories on different interskl debate...

I really loved him personally..he was my mentor...now I teach econonics at a fedearl school...nd teach my students his theories..

Its a pity CBN saw him as a rival instead of bring him in...soludo was pragmatic..he was the closest chase to actualizing his policies...but he didint....recently, governors form as proposed that their allocation b issued in dollars..lets hope dey succed nd his glory day will come

Touché!
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by VolvoS60(m): 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
OkCornel:

One million likes for this!

^^^
Almost 30 years ago, Olisa Agbakoba asked, (in response to an interviewer's questions on the Babangida administration's management of the economy): "What is Babangida's qualification in economics?"

That question is still pertinent today.

Running an economy is serious business. If a country's leaders do not know (or care) how a modern economy works (or should work) then disaster is inevitable. The fallout is more severe when it is a third fifth world country with weak, decaying institutions. Like Nigeria.

Professors of economics in Nigerian universities are wasting time and destroying their reputations by allowing themselves to be used (as so called returning officers) in endorsing fraudulent, sham elections - like the ones held in Bayelsa and Kogi last week. The time spent on all that rubbish would be better spent in forming pressure groups to insist that literacy (and hands on experience!) in economics and finance must be a prerequisite to leadership in this country.

But like I said earlier, this is fantasy on my part. Nigerians do not yet fully understand that actions and choices have consequences. The pain will rise to unbearable levels - as the economy continues to falter and stumble from one dead end to the next. Perhaps we will learn an unforgettable lesson this way.

Or perhaps not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by VolvoS60(m): 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
If any one has any info on Mr. Boyo's published works, authorized biography, etc. kindly post details here. My web search hasn't come up with anything useful. Thanks.
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by OkCornel(m): 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
Almost 30 years ago, Olisa Agbakoba asked, (in response to an interviewer's questions on the Babangida administration's management of the economy): "What is Babangida's qualification in economics?"

That question is still pertinent today.

Running an economy is serious business. If a country's leaders do not know how a modern economy works (or should work) then disaster is inevitable. The fallout is more severe when it is a third fifth world country with weak, decaying institutions. Like Nigeria.

Professors of economics in Nigerian universities are wasting time and destroying their reputations by allowing themselves to be used (as so called returning officers) in endorsing fraudulent, sham elections - like the ones held in Bayelsa and Kogi last week. The time spent on all that rubbish would be better spent in forming pressure groups to insist that literacy in economics and finance must be a prerequisite to leadership in this country.

But like I said earlier, this is fantasy on my part. Nigerians do not yet fully understand that actions and choices have consequences. The pain will rise to unbearable levels - as the economy continues to falter and stumble from one dead end to the next. Perhaps we will learn an unforgettable lesson this way.

Or perhaps not.

This is ideal and spot on. This is what differentiates progressive countries from retrogressive ones.

A nation cannot move forward if the leaders and the followers consistently makes ignorant and wrong decisions. Every decision has its ripple effects on immediate and future realities.

The sad case about Nigeria is that sound reasoning has taken a leave of the senses of the majority. Critical decisions are often left to the whims of mindless politics, emotional outbursts, religious blindness, tribalism and ethnic bigotry.

I pray tell, how can Nigeria move forward with most people having that kind of mindset?

It’s sad.
Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by VolvoS60(m): 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
OkCornel:

This is ideal and spot on. This is what differentiates progressive countries from retrogressive ones.

A nation cannot move forward if the leaders and the followers consistently makes ignorant and wrong decisions. Every decision has its ripple effects on immediate and future realities.

The sad case about Nigeria is that sound reasoning has taken a leave of the senses of the majority. Critical decisions are often left to the whims of mindless politics, emotional outbursts, religious blindness, tribalism and ethnic bigotry.

I pray tell, how can Nigeria move forward with most people having that kind of mindset?

It’s sad.

^^^
It is what it is.

The future looks bleak. That is my honest assessment. I hope I am proved wrong - but I am not a believer in the "triumph of hope over experience" school.

Time will tell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Henry Boyo Is Dead by OkCornel(m): 6:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
It is what it is.

The future looks bleak. That is my honest assessment. I hope I am proved wrong - but I am not a believer in the "triumph of hope over experience" school.

Time will tell.

True talk bro. If historic and current data/trends are anything to go by, then it’s not looking good for future projections.

Time (and everyone’s action/inaction) will tell how things will turn out eventually.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Security Chiefs Over Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack (Photos) / Mamman Daura Tried To Control Osinbajo When Buhari Travelled —junaid / Ekiti 2018: Fayose, Ihedioha, David Mark, Other Pdp Leaders In A Group Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.