Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Jonathan @ 53 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan @ 53 (553 Views)

India Offers N2.25tr Concessional Credit To Nigeria, 53 Others / Jonathan Is 53 Today . . . Happy Birthday Sir. / Can Someone Explain The 53 Suitcases Scandal To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan @ 53 by loverob: 6:15am On Nov 20, 2010
Today, as President Goodluck Jonathan marks his 53rd birthday, his kinsmen, from the serene Otuoke community in Ogbia Local Government Area wish him good luck. Moving through the community and talking to people, it is obvious that there is joy in their hearts, with the radiance in their eyes, as they pray profusely for a man they described as a gift to Nigeria.

From his family, to distant relations, to his friend, one thing binds all of them together: Jonathan remains the humble man, who God has decided to bless because of his disposition to life.
Dayani Green, his cousin, who stayed with him while he was deputy governor, described Jonathan as a simple man and wishes him good luck on his birthday.

“The president is a very simple person. He has feeling for fellow human beings. He does not like to indulge in anything that would make people suffer. Rather, he would do things that would satisfy the people. I wish him good luck.
“Already, his name is Goodluck, but I wish him more good luck. Right from his growing up days, in a Christian home, we have never heard that Jonathan fought anybody. He has always loved people. This is why God has continued to bless him. If you offend him, he would leave everything to God. He is not vindictive. He believes his destiny is not in the hands of man.

“His elevation to president was God’s doing. For some of us, who stayed with him then, we remember that he always told us not to let anger rule over us. He is instrumental in my going to the University of Port Harcourt. He is responsible for anything that pertains to my school. He does not discriminate. I wish him good luck on his birthday because he deserves it.”

Frank Odum Paul, Community Development Committee (CDC) chairman of Otuoke community, said right from when they were small, nobody heard that Jonathan was involved in any negative thing.
He said: “President Jonathan is my uncle. He is a humble man and I knew this right from my childhood. We have not heard that he fought with somebody or did any negative thing. This is why most of us want to emulate him and imbibe some of his characters. The entire community wish him happy birthday.
“As for the 2011 elections, he is the right person to take away the sorrows of Nigerians. I believe that he is capable of handling the affairs of this country and stabilise the economy.”

Elijah Ateki, a distant relation said that Jonathan is the ideal gift to Nigeria at a time when the country needs a leader to transform it.
“I am from Otuoke community. President Jonathan is a humble man. Before becoming president, he was one of the frontrunners of this community. He has always fought for the progress of this community. He is a peaceful man, who wants other people to progress. He has encouraged a lot of people financially and morally to go to school. He is a good man. I wish him happy birthday and best of luck, to achieve his ambition as the president of this great country. Though I am from his community and people might say I am praising him because of this, the truth is that Jonathan is a gift to Nigeria. This is a man who can fight for Nigeria. He is the only person for now who would do well for the country.”

Pa Peter Okori, who is in his 70s, said he knew Jonathan as a man who cares for the needy and prayed that nothing stops him from achieving his ambition in 2011.
The old man said: “I have known Jonathan right from when he was a young man. He is a good man and a leader. He is kind to the needy. I wish him good luck on his birthday. It is definite that he would be our president beyond 2011; nothing would stop him, by the grace of God.”

Mr. Benson Sunday Agadaga, a former commissioner for information in Bayelsa State, attended the same primary and secondary school with President Jonathan. Also, he and the president worked together briefly before going to the university. He described Jonathan as a man, who listens to people.
Agadaga wished Jonathan more good luck, as, according to him, he needs every good thing to transform Nigeria and make the people happy.

He said: “President Jonathan is my kinsman. His community is two communities away from my own, in Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa State. All of us attended St Michael’s Primary School, Oloibiri. He was a class ahead of me. We also met in Mater Dei School, Imiringi; we passed out the same time. We got enlisted together at the Customs and Excise in Port Harcourt and after two years, he left for the University of Port Harcourt and I also left for the tertiary institution. That was how far we went.

“Jonathan is extra-careful in doing things. He is blessed and a man of destiny. He is a leader with integrity, who listens to the views of the people. Jonathan is a meek human being who listens to people. Initially, when he was made a prefect in school, he was reluctant because he wanted to be focused on his studies. He does not like distractions. He was eventually prevailed upon and he took the position and throughout, the House became the best. He is someone who can be described as a silent achiever. I wish him the good luck, which has been following him, so that he can use it to transform Nigeria.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/nov/20/national-20-11-2010-003.htm

(1) (Reply)

North Support Igbos / Why Can't The South Unite Like North? / Jonathan Accused Atiku Of Disloyalty To Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.