Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial (19996 Views)

IPPIS: ASUU Plunged FG Into N800bn Debt, Says Ngige / IPPIS: ASUU Mobilises Members For Strike / IPPIS: ASUU Asks FG Why Staff Of CBN, NDIC, FIRS Are Not On The Payment System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by ejimatic: 8:28am On Nov 21, 2019
opportunes:
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has described alleged disobedience of President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration to laws of the land as the greatest corruption. The union spoke on the latest directive by the Federal Government that her officials will move to campuses to begin enrolment of university workers on the Integrated Personnel Payroll and Information System (IPPIS).

ASUU, while reacting through its University of Ibadan Chairman, Professor Deji Omole, stated that the union cannot be harassed or intimidated by those who have penchant for breaking the law of the land. According to him, breaking existing laws with impunity is the greatest corruption. Omole added that it is worrisome that a government under democracy is afraid of negotiation and dialogue but prefers to use force.

The ASUU boss maintained that the union will use available democratic means to prevent the violation and desecration of the Nigerian University system which the children of the President and top government officials do not find worthy of attending. “The government’s pronouncement to forcefully enrol university workers is an act of violence against the university system. It is worrisome for a government under democratic dispensation to resort to force rather than dialogue.

“If not, why is the government afraid of negotiations. We are not perturbed by the directive. A government claiming to be fighting corruption should not break the law. “The university Autonomy Act is very clear on university administrators. There is no greater corruption than those breaking the law of the land. Breaking of existing laws with impunity is the greatest corruption anywhere in the world; we refused to be harassed or intimidated. “We are not strangers in this country.

We are veritable stakeholders. We cannot be harassed. We have told them what to do. Let the government come back to negotiation’s table and let’s discuss the grey areas. Forceful enlistment will not solve the problem. “We are not disturbed but we are worried, government is getting dictatorial. A supposedly democratic government is getting dictatorial,” Omole said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ippis-buhari-becoming-dictatorial-ASUU.html
. Federal Govt is your employer and it reserves the right to determine how you are to be paid...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by mechanics(m): 8:31am On Nov 21, 2019
ambu2:
ASUU Strike loading...
lolz, you like strike o.
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by alcapone662: 8:33am On Nov 21, 2019
ASUU WHAT EVER YOUR PEOPLE CALL URSELF BETTER DO WHAT MR PRESIDENT HAD SAID (BUHAIR ) BUNCH OF THIEVES
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by israelmao(m): 8:43am On Nov 21, 2019
0monnak0da:
Because of the law . That is what the lecturers claim

Have you spent even 5 minutes to look at the law or does that not matter.

Are NNPC staff on IPPIS

They are employees of FG and it has deemed it fit to start with public universities.Those lecturers have skeletons in their cupboards because many of them are part-time or full-time lecturers to other universities apart from universities where they are originally or legally employed and they know the implications of IPPIS.
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by Emceesaka: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2019
ASUU is bunch of stupid and greedy set of people, in as much as I don't President Muhammad Buhari since he resume Office does not say I should not say the truth. My question is Why is ASUU afraid of joining IPPIS? Awon werey lecturers everywhere
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 21, 2019
h imagine these ones baboons who ASUU epp if you pass through our university system you'll know its full of shit because they always go unchecked if to say they to be resolved I'll be very happy small time because of ordinary speck wey go enter lecturer eye boom the whole nation is on strike they don't even bother about the student for they are there not for the passion but for the money they think they can do what they like ask any sug official he'll tell you they ain't the one ruling they are mere puppets set their by these tabularasas to extort money from the gullible us they have no any idea on globalization if you study a course in a university and your bro study same course in another you'll find out that what you guys were taught ain't the same yet we ain't complaining, still these same idiots will device new policies which are not in any way in our favor yet no one is complaining and my last message to you is these same politicians you're saying found our university unworthy to attend by the offspring,I can't seems to remember any politician saying so but I can remember you traveling out to celebrate your son's convocation in a far away land when you the top boss because you know you're running a failed system which you ain't there to mend but to mash up a long as your pocket is running
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by 0monnak0da: 8:51am On Nov 21, 2019
israelmao:

They are employees of FG and it has deemed it fit to start with public universities.Those lecturers have skeletons in their cupboards because many of them are part-time or full-time lecturers to other universities apart from universities where they are originally or legally employed and they know the implications of IPPIS.
You are engaging in debate

I asked you a very simple question

They are Not employees of the FG
That is not true

Rather than argue educate yourselves and familiarize yourself with LAW

There were and are many entities which the FG owned and owns e.g NEPA, NNPC to name a few

Their employees are not employees of the federal government IN LAW

The FG Gazetted a Universities Autonomy Law.

Go and study it

I assume you attended university
So apply the skills you learnt there to arm yourself with facts before arguing blindly
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by Babaken(m): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2019
When the wind of buhari harsh economy get to yourside then you will know he is a dictator.
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by dayowunmi(m): 9:14am On Nov 21, 2019
0monnak0da:

You are engaging in debate

I asked you a very simple question

They are Not employees of the FG
That is not true

Rather than argue educate yourselves and familiarize yourself with LAW

There were and are many entities which the FG owned and owns e.g NEPA, NNPC to name a few

Their employees are not employees of the federal government IN LAW

The FG Gazetted a Universities Autonomy Law.

Go and study it

I assume you attended university
So apply the skills you learnt there to arm yourself with facts before arguing blindly
Can you just stop rhetorising about the Law? Or just State what the law says then! An employer choses the modalities for which the employee is paid. Its not the business of the courts or parliament to dictate how employer pays inasmuch as he doesn't default in payment. FG gazetted University autonomy law you said, even if they did, it does not mean anything cos if am not mistaken, a gazette can be overturned if its deemed unreasonable based on current circumstances. Moreover you can be drawing salary and administrative funding from a body you are claiming autonomy from. You claimed the person you quoted is arguing blindly but your own rebuttals carry little weight. If the IPPIS move of the FG is against the law then ASUU should go to the court! Their case should be easy since they claimed it is against the law.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by 0monnak0da: 9:15am On Nov 21, 2019
Really disappointing that many so called graduates cannot reason properly,cannot separate emotions and sentiment from rationality.
Whether or not you agree with IPPIS is not really the issue here.

The issue is due process and rule of law.

In analysing any issue the starting point is to seek FACTS

If you have not learnt how to do this and rely instead on instinct and feeling then I am sorry if you went to university you wasted your time and have not learnt how to reason properly

This issue is not as complex as some make it out to be.

Whether lecturers are greedy, Homosexual, or ungodly is not the issue.

What are the rules of engagement.
What does the law say? On Autonomy? On IPPIS?
If you have no clue to these questions and you are voicing strong opinion then on what basis are you doing this?

Kind of like a judge convicting a person because he "looks guilty"

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by ekhai(m): 9:16am On Nov 21, 2019
efighter:
He is a dictator, get used to it. The past "democratic" Presidents gave you thieves and pedophiles room to loot the treasury through ghost workers and multiple employment. Now, the dictator has come to put an end to your stealing. Comply or vamoose, this dictator won't bend. I stand with Buhari.
WHY IS ASUU REJECTING IPPIS? THAT MEANS THERE'S SOMETHING SMOKING UNDER THE PREVIOUS PAY SYSTEM. ASUU SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED. I STAND WITH BUHARI.
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by goshen26: 9:20am On Nov 21, 2019
Baba should stop their salary with immediate alacrity.

All these cold room lecturers only know how to sleep with our girls, make simple university edu to be tough.

Most of them, apart from their bogus salary still lectures in more than one institutions. They lecture in private uni and poly, leaving their students to read and pass on their own.

PMB, I am not ur fan Sir, but on this you are mouthed Sir...

Awon cold room lecturers
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by 0monnak0da: 9:25am On Nov 21, 2019
dayowunmi:

Can you just stop rhetorising about the Law? Or just State what the law says then! An employer choses the modalities for which the employee is paid. Its not the business of the courts or parliament to dictate how employer pays inasmuch as he doesn't default in payment. FG gazetted University autonomy law you said, even if they did, it does not mean anything cos if am not mistaken, a gazette can be overturned if its deemed unreasonable based on current circumstances. Moreover you can be drawing salary and administrative funding from a body you are claiming autonomy from. You claimed the person you quoted is arguing blindly but your own rebuttals carry little weight. If the IPPIS move of the FG is against the law then ASUU should go to the court! Their case should be easy since they claimed it is against the law.

Who is the Employer and Employee here?

An Employer "chooses the modalities for which employee is paid" (sic) Is that in the bible or Quran?
You just made that one up because it sounds good to you but is there any other basis for that claim?

Yes you are mistaken I said they gazetted a law It is a LAW and MUST be complied with UNTIL it changes.
I do not know what you mean by "gazette" (NOUN) I used the word as a verb.
ALL laws are gazetted(verb)
Not all gazettes(noun) are laws

The Autonomy law was made specifically to remove Universities from Civil Service regulations
University lecturers are not "Employees of the government "
The government cannot just wake up one day and say we should start driving on the Left side of the road. They have to CHANGE the law

I do not agree or disagree with the change but it must follow the rule of law

I am sure we will see court cases when the time come
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by Khalidase83(m): 9:28am On Nov 21, 2019
Employee be detating to employer. Ippis is a must. Bunch of corrupt teachers. Nonsense!
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by CrazyMan(m): 10:03am On Nov 21, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Ohh , the age part can be easily resolved though because Lecturers should allowed to work till they are tired
Not when there's a documented policy which was signed by them saying otherwise.
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 21, 2019
Late Ojukwu was a selfish man who wanted to head the country by any means. Stop re-writing the Nigerian history.

Nigerians being docile... You're spot on on that one. Nigerians are not just docile, many of those with access to internet subscription have IQs lower than average human beings, ready to believe any propaganda... Give Nigerians a piece of fake news, or satire, in few days you'll find it on every media and in every religious house as a preaching point. But take their freedom away along with their future, they will promptly hail you as the messiah that has come to cure our corruption.

We Nigerians are blinded by hatred and envy. The jobless ones consider those with jobs as their enemies. It is the turn of the lecturers now, and my country men are all up against them because they think lecturers make a hell lot of money. Like I said, low IQ is a dangerous thing. It prevents you objectively assessing facts to arrive at sensible inferences and conclusions.

Next it will be the turn of medical doctors, because jobless and impoverished Nigerians believe they make too much money. All the government needs to do is to play to this generalized hatred and envy, and we all forget the kind of game this particular government has grown fond of.

It is called divide and rule, divide and conquer.

Nigerians are not just hateful and envious, they are also hypocritical. Those same Nigerians (lecturers, doctors, etc) that we hate, are the same people most of us want to be like. Go and check the job and admission queues.

If it is indeed true that lecturers are holding two/multiple jobs illegally, what is stopping the government from setting EFCC after those individuals? Please do not tell me that the government doesn't have such records, for then it will be tantamount to the worst kind of irresponsibility for a government to make allegation without facts. But, the government indeed has no evidence to back this up. Once again, ASUU has never been in charge of employment or salaries, University administrations are, and these individuals are directly responsible to the government.

What does the government have to hide by refusing to perfect the grey areas in the IPPIS before migrating the lecturers?

No government,

Spatta:
When we criticize a government, it is because we are well aware of the destruction and damage they have done to our beloved country Nigeria, I hate to call myself a Nigeria because it is the acceptance of the imposition of the Colonial masters wickedness against the black race, The name Nigeria is a derisive insignia, a Combination of Nigga and Area, this is antithetical to our pride, On the 4th of March 1957 Nkwame Nkuruma changed the name Gold coast given by the colonial masters to Ghana, choosing one of the Old African Empire "Ghana" we have Suggested that the Name Nigeria, imposed on us by Flora Shaw be changed But the successive oppression of the North and their Born to rule attitude despite their obvious Dullness has kept Nigeria Backward since independence and in the face of current realities, it will be wrong to blame the colonial masters because The Despots that have ruined Nigeria after 1960 have proved Bob Marley right, "Man to man is so unjust"

Buhari is one of the Most despotic wicked Monsters that have the entitlement "Born to Rule" selfishness, and since he hijacked the Democratic process in 1983 to 1985, The north have practically been passing the Ball to themselves. i was privilege to be in one of the gathering of the northern "who is who" at a Meeting where these northerners were scheming holding power to themselves for another longer times in the darkness of the night at one Hotel in AYA. Obasanjo was President at the time, merely as a figurehead and later Jonathan who also claimed at a point that his hands were tied That is why despite the so called Rotation, they still produce a candidate

Buhari and Babangida have done havoc to the country for which they both should be facing criminal charges at the international court of Justice in Hague, Children born into Nigeria after 1980s may not likely know how bad these duo were because they were too young to know while their parents were feeling the brunt of a repressive and abusive government of the Military
In fact, the Military have done so much havoc to our democratic development that they have to abolish history in school so that their wickedness will not be taught in school

Buhari is a despot who aught to be Jailed, But he came through the support of a corrupt politician and you can see how they have Touts everywhere because they don't want to use the Military to do the dirty jobs, They hijack Ballot boxes and continue to impose themselves on Nigeria, they clampdown on opposition and jail anyone who tries to enlighten the masses

The Masses themselves are so Docile, especially the Yoruba enlightened Nigerians,

Late Ojukwu was wise when he decided he would not be part of a repressive government of Dull leaders, because the Northerner have produce nothing but Dull President after independence except one, Late Murtala Mu harmed who was murdered in the 70s
Ojukwu saw what Yoruba were blinded to see, that with the Hausa, your development will be stunted and you cannot move forward, you will be a shame to other African countries, that was why He revolted

Yoruba People are the Problems of Nigeria, still Keeping the country together by accepting docility and to be ruled by despots over the Years
Nigeria is at the Precipice and a conflagration is inevitable because when you push a people to the wall. they will turn back at you
The Corrupt Yoruba who are not thinking of the future of their children in a Run down country are the reason a Buhari will still return to be a President in a Modern world

The Youths in Nigeria have no future if A Sowore can be locked away by a tyrants for speaking truth to Power
Nigerian are practically under another repression worse than the colonial masters headed and controlled by the North. Imagine the many intelligent people in your family and consider a Buhari as President over the intellectual that you know. All the Yoruba thinks traveling to London or US or protects them from the evil in Nigeria and the Ibos thinks going to Malaysia protect them form the doomsday. We cannot move forward until we have a sovereign National conference
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by SalamRushdie: 10:09am On Nov 21, 2019
CrazyMan:

Not when there's a documented policy which was signed by them saying otherwise.

Ohh they already signed ? Damn
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by jmaine: 10:12am On Nov 21, 2019
goshen26:
Baba should stop their salary with immediate alacrity.

All these cold room lecturers only know how to sleep with our girls, make simple university edu to be tough.

Most of them, apart from their bogus salary still lectures in more than one institutions. They lecture in private uni and poly, leaving their students to read and pass on their own.

PMB, I am not ur fan Sir, but on this you are mouthed Sir...

Awon cold room lecturers

Highlight the bogus salary Federal Universities lecturers are paid?

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by BotherMleeper(m): 10:48am On Nov 21, 2019
ibnlawal:
Tele nko.....shey una ni sabi before u vote him in ni. Most of ASUU staff were there during his first stint as head of state of this country, they knee his pros and cons and still voted in anyways. Now every one is wailing when we ain't even halfway into his tenure.

Why is it that every single anti-buhari cretin is dumb and stupid?
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by dayowunmi(m): 10:50am On Nov 21, 2019
0monnak0da:

An Employer "chooses the modalities for which employee is paid" (sic) Is that in the bible or Quran?
You just made that one up because it sounds good to you but is there any other basis for that claim?

Yes you are mistaken I said they gazetted a law It is a LAW and MUST be complied with UNTIL it changes.

The Autonomy law was made specifically to remove Universities from Civil Service regulations
The government cannot just wake up one day and say we should start driving on the Left side of the road. They have to CHANGE the law

Okay. Good luck

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by Wallade(m): 10:53am On Nov 21, 2019
0monnak0da:

Interesting! I want to join this discuss. May I ask you 0monnak0da:

Who is the employer of the lecturers?

Who owns and funds the federal Institutions of learning?

Can you explain the autonomy granted the universities and higher institutions under law? Does the autonomy cover funding?

Even donors that give grants mandate the grant administrator to open a specific account for managing and expending the fund without mixing it with other funds.
Donors require periodic accounting to retire and detail the expenditure in line with the budget.
Donors can authorise an audit and query of the grant administrator's account in respect to the fund granted.
Donors even want to know all administrative staff that are paid salary on the project.
They wanna confirm that payment move from that account to the account of the vendors and staff that are duly paid on that project as per the budget.

Oga, I really want you to clarify the autonomy: does it cover remuneration of staff of the higher institutions and funding?

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by lukui: 11:02am On Nov 21, 2019
Does three tiers of government (executive, legislature and judiciary) mean anything to you?

May be you need a government or civic teacher.
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by Samsonteejay(m): 11:03am On Nov 21, 2019
make dem no talk ooo, no be there member dey announce election results? so make them chill Wat they announced
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by goshen26: 11:08am On Nov 21, 2019
jmaine:

Highlight the bogus salary Federal Universities lecturers are paid?

It is either you are a lecturer or you benefit from them...

How many civil servant earn as much as they earn?

How many of the attend lectures as they suppose?

How many of them can be bold to say he/she is up to date?

All they know is COLD ROOM our girls, make life dfficult for students on campus...

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by Wettoid123: 11:15am On Nov 21, 2019
ASUU have skeleton under their cupboard why are you people afraid to join ippis cos you are all dubious a lecturer will be teaching in more than three university collecting money from different areas all these has to stop,,ASUU should better join ippis for transperency.
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by 0monnak0da: 11:16am On Nov 21, 2019
Wallade:

Interesting! I want to join this discuss. May I ask you 0monnak0da:

Who is the employer of the lecturers?

Who owns and funds the federal Institutions of learning?

Can you explain the autonomy granted the universities and higher institutions under law? Does the autonomy cover funding?

Even donors that give grants mandate the grant administrator to open a specific account for managing and expending the fund without mixing it with other funds.
Donors require periodic accounting to retire and detail the expenditure in line with the budget.
Donors can authorise an audit and query of the grant administrator's account in respect to the fund granted.
Donors even want to know all administrative staff that are paid salary on the project.
They wanna confirm that payment move from that account to the account of the vendors and staff that are duly paid on that project as per the budget.

Oga, I really want you to clarify the autonomy: does it cover remuneration of staff of the higher institutions and funding?
First ask whether my own employer would be happy for me to spend HIS time answering YOUR questions

Put me o your IPPIS system so that I can spend my day answering all your queries
The law is not a secret
It is online
Read it .
If you cannot comprehend search diligently for an intelligent neighbour or family member to explain it to you
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by Jung(m): 11:16am On Nov 21, 2019
donvicky2007:

Whether Buhari is a dictator or not, university worker need to register under the IPPIS, some lecturers can't be teaching in two or more government universities when we have lots of masters and PhD holders looking for jobs, university workers should know that the federal government is their employers and the govt dictate how best the payment system they will employ so far they will not own you.

The good thing about the IPPIS is that it will open up employment opportunities in the university system, secondarily the union bodies in the university system will not charge their members more than the stipulated amount approved by the government.

Could you possibly hit your head against something to juggle your thought and perhaps remind you that a lot of masters and PhD holders dont want to go into academics?

Just a light tap on the head. Or use a stick please.
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by jmaine: 11:34am On Nov 21, 2019
goshen26:

It is either you are a lecturer or you benefit from them...

How many civil servant earn as much as they earn?

How many of the attend lectures as they suppose?

How many of them can be bold to say he/she is up to date?

All they know is COLD ROOM our girls, make life dfficult for students on campus...

Stop all this your noise and answer the simple question...

How much is the salary of lecturer?
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 21, 2019
0monnak0da:
Really disappointing that many so called graduates cannot reason properly,cannot separate emotions and sentiment from rationality.
Whether or not you agree with IPPIS is not really the issue here.

The issue is due process and rule of law.

In analysing any issue the starting point is to seek FACTS

If you have not learnt how to do this and rely instead on instinct and feeling then I am sorry if you went to university you wasted your time and have not learnt how to reason properly

This issue is not as complex as some make it out to be.

Whether lecturers are greedy, Homosexual, or ungodly is not the issue.

What are the rules of engagement.
What does the law say? On Autonomy? On IPPIS?
If you have no clue to these questions and you are voicing strong opinion then on what basis are you doing this?

Kind of like a judge convicting a person because he "looks guilty"

It is game over for you and your fellow ASUU members. You people shout autonomy but can't generate 50 kobo to run your universities. You hypocrites call Buhari a dictator but victimize innocent students daily. Like Lecturers like touts.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by musulumi(m): 11:44am On Nov 21, 2019
It's you and your friend you quoted that should be disallowed from using keypads because it's obvious you don't understand a thing about writing.

Go to the comedy section and enjoy yourself, leave here for the intellects to interact peacefully.

Jung:

Keypad warriors who know nothing about how a country works. Ignore them
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by Wallade(m): 11:46am On Nov 21, 2019
0monnak0da:

First ask whether my own employer would be happy for me to spend HIS time answering YOUR questions

Put me o your IPPIS system so that I can spend my day answering all your queries
The law is not a secret
It is online
Read it .
If you cannot comprehend search diligently for an intelligent neighbour or family member to explain it to you

My sentiments exactly, you are one of those people talking university autonomy in the case of remuneration process without a proper understanding of university autonomy as provided by the law.

You have the time to type long epistle and when your level of information is queried, you find a convenient excuse of your employer's time and being busy.

Your type of lecturers are the ones we are trying to retire from the industry: the type of lecturers that would rather have students go searching, reading and worrying without giving directions and teaching. You just come to the class and lounge, when questioned you rather find the convenient excuse that students should go research.
Re: IPPIS: ASUU Says Buhari Is Becoming Dictatorial by 0monnak0da: 11:49am On Nov 21, 2019
Xda59:

It is game over for you and your fellow ASUU members. You people shout autonomy but can't generate 50 kobo to run your universities. Lecturers like touts.
lol
Guy I am not even in Nigeria .
I am abroad in Togo grin

I am not opposed to the change. I do not support it either
What I have heard is the government's side and ASUU's side
Knowing Nigeria I can predict this will lead to another round of strikes that affect poor people

I am more interested in due process and rule of law.
I am not one of those who believes that a "good objective" is what pursuing by any means.
Universities are key to national development and this is an avoidable crisis
What happens in civilized places is public debate and compromise
If the government is smart then that way they can win the argument in the court of public opinion
Not everything needs aggression/ There is still space for a Win-win
You need to learn not to personalize things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level / NDU Suspends Uniform For Undergraduates, Bans Indecent Dressing / ABU Students Return N2.5m To Owner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.