Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin (4025 Views)

How South East Lost Out In $93b Foreign Investments / APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out / The 41 Senators That Lost Return Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Omoodua007: 1:40am On Nov 21, 2019
So as I was doing my research I saw pics of who should be Afonja Alorin of Ilorin Oba Subaru Mogaji

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by realstars: 1:57am On Nov 21, 2019
Waw
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Omoodua007: 1:58am On Nov 21, 2019
realstars:
Waw

IKR apparently they still have the Afonja descendants
So Afonja ruling family is still very much alive
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by ahnie: 2:03am On Nov 21, 2019
Wawul
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by orisa37: 2:06am On Nov 21, 2019
That Fight which AFONJA lost will be refought. Sulu-Gambari, you're in Trouble.
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by stonemasonn: 2:52am On Nov 21, 2019
orisa37:
lol, that opportunity has passed long ago.

3 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by ogbuefi677(m): 2:56am On Nov 21, 2019
orisa37:
If your slave masters catch you ee,your name go turn to Soworegrin

5 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by orisa37: 5:03am On Nov 21, 2019
ogbuefi677:

If your slave masters ee,your name go turn to Soworegrin

I have wounded this one.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by LabDNA: 5:10am On Nov 21, 2019
orisa37:

This will be legitimately termed hate speech in few months. Better start circumcizing your tongue.

3 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by leke12(m): 5:25am On Nov 21, 2019
Ilorin Afonja.....should have been a more respected kingdom. Check the link for a genuine property in ilorin

https://www.nairaland.com/5529915/4-bedrooms-bugalow-sale-ilorin
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by orisa37: 5:28am On Nov 21, 2019
stonemasonn:
lol, that opportunity has passed long ago.

You don't even know what AFONJA means. The Afonja coming back will be a Lion in Zone
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by orisa37: 5:33am On Nov 21, 2019
LabDNA:

This will be legitimately termed hate speech in few months. Better start circumcizing your tongue.

You're right. Thanks. But my God will fight for me when we get there.
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by johnmartus(m): 6:31am On Nov 21, 2019
People are just waiting for this present emir to die. I pray it will not be bloody in selecting new leader to the throne.
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Danwakae(m): 7:58am On Nov 21, 2019
orisa37:

Go and ask Saraki let him tell u the MAIN reason he was kicked out, after his underground plans was exposed to the emirate(Sokoto)...Bro it's too late, should u people try it, Benue killings will be child play...and nothing will happen
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Omoodua007: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2019
Danwakae:

Go and ask Saraki let him tell u the MAIN reason he was kicked out, after his underground plans was exposed to the emirate(Sokoto)...Bro it's too late, should u people try it, Benue killings will be child play...and nothing will happen

Lol
That was not why Saraki was kicked out Saraki is a supporter of emir

And It ain’t be like cause Yorubas have the number to defeat the alien on the throne

Last I checked tiv still defeated Fulani

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by orisa37: 8:57am On Nov 21, 2019
Danwakae:

Please let me know something, was it Sokoto, Anambra, Bokoharam or Lai Mohammed that attacked, beat up and humiliated Bukola Saraki in Europe in the You tube Video that I saw yesterday? Or was it an extension of Lai Mohammed and Senator Lawan's Hate-Speech- Bill?
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by delpee(f): 9:09am On Nov 21, 2019
orisa37:

Please let me know something, was it Sokoto, Anambra, Bokoharam or Lai Mohammed that attacked, beat up and humiliated Bukola Saraki in Europe in the You tube Video that I saw yesterday? Or was it an extension of Lai Mohammed and Senator Lawan's Hate-Speech- Bill?

That wasn't Saraki as claimed. It was the Governor of Kinshasha, Congo according to other reports.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Danwakae(m): 9:31am On Nov 21, 2019
Omoodua007:

Lol
That was not why Saraki was kicked out Saraki is a supporter of emir

And It ain’t be like cause Yorubas have the number to defeat the alien on the throne

Last I checked tiv still defeated Fulani

Go and find out old cultural practise of Afonja , that Former Gov Ahmed was trying via introduce through Saraki in ilorin that the fulanis are not happy with... I am not a fulani but one thing I know about them is that they like to be the ruler where ever they are and they always gat the govt backings irregardless of who is in power.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Danwakae(m): 9:44am On Nov 21, 2019
orisa37:

The person in that Video look like Saraki , but thats not him...stop the false hood...those who brought up that video know is not Saraki but they just want to rekindle the name....

What I was saying is that , no matter the person in power , as long as its Nigeria , fulani will always have their way , including here in Taraba state... I am not a fulani or hausa , tho we speak hausa , I am a jukum by tribe , but the fact is that , u don't mess with the fulani , those in wukari, Karim lamido, ulssa, Gembu( all in Taraba)... Nasarwa ( the egon) , Kaduna (kataf), zuru,,(plateau) , gbaggi(Niger State)... Can attest to this fact... The Fulanis own west West and Central Africa
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Danwakae(m): 9:47am On Nov 21, 2019
johnmartus:
People are just waiting for this present emir to die. I pray it will not be bloody in selecting new leader to the throne.

When he die...Sokoto will send another Emir

Maybe u are not aware that there is Oba of Ilorin...BUT THE EMIR REMAIN THE ONLY RECOGNISE.
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Omoodua007: 9:49am On Nov 21, 2019
Danwakae:

Maybe u are not aware that there is Oba of Ilorin...BUT THE EMIR REMAIN THE ONLY RECOGNISE.

There’s no oba in ilorin what they have is descendants of Afonja who are still alive

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Omoodua007: 9:51am On Nov 21, 2019
Danwakae:

Go and find out old cultural practise of Afonja , that Former Gov Ahmed was trying via introduce through Saraki in ilorin that the fulanis are not happy with... I am not a fulani but one thing I know about them is that they like to be the ruler where ever they are and they always gat the govt backings irregardless of who is in power.

Nope nope I’m from kwara myself you can’t tell me about my state

If anything the new governor is from the Yoruba ruling house she has avoided the useless Durbar festival

Remember a Yoruba festival led by imam Yoruba ilorin happened in ilorin with Gani Adams visiting
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Danwakae(m): 9:59am On Nov 21, 2019
Omoodua007:

There’s no oba in ilorin what they have is descendants of Afonja who are still alive

Have u been to Ilorin before ??

I have been to the Oja Oba, also Oba's palace in Ilorin, infact , I met with the Oba of Shao, in sobi, after Akerebiata... Former Gov was arranging a cultural fest( old practise by Alfonja) via the office of the Oba , and most fulanis were not happy with it...that was where the PDP downfall started , go check the vote pattern and see how the Fulani expressed their anger on Saraki , who became the president of the senate via their supports and was also not supporting their patron Baba Buhari( Patron of all Fulani) ... #FACT.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Danwakae(m): 10:06am On Nov 21, 2019
Omoodua007:

Nope nope I’m from kwara myself you can’t tell me about my state

If anything the new governor is from the Yoruba ruling house she has avoided the useless Durbar festival

Remember a Yoruba festival led by imam Yoruba ilorin happened in ilorin with Gani Adams visiting

Thank you , that festival was where the PDP downfall started , I am jukum by tribe , Ilorin is my second house in the south because of my Fulani friends...and Should Gov Abdul tries to do same as Ahmed and Saraki, he would be kicked out like Saraki...the Fulanis understand local politics than the Holy qu'ran... Like I have said they always get the govt backings irregardless of who is in power... They are the ruler of west and Central Africa to the best of my knowledge
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Omoodua007: 10:14am On Nov 21, 2019
Danwakae:

Have u been to Ilorin before ??

I have been to the Oja Oba, also Oba's palace in Ilorin, infact , I met with the Oba of Shao, in sobi, after Akerebiata... Former Gov was arranging a cultural fest( old practise by Alfonja) via the office of the Oba , and most fulanis were not happy with it...that was where the PDP downfall started , go check the vote pattern and see how the Fulani expressed their anger on Saraki , who became the president of the senate via their supports and was also not supporting their patron Baba Buhari( Patron of all Fulani) ... #FACT.

Shao is different from ilorin
The festival held under the current government and nothing happened
Fulani is a ruling minority and has more non ilorin Yorubas migrate to Yoruba Fulani influence is dwindling
Especially as Yoruba who are Christains are establishing churches everywhere why do you think
Saraki loss was not cause he offended Fulani
The abdulrazak has done worse than Saraki already and nothi g will happen to him

And good you said it’s your second house in the SOUTH

Oja oba is part of every Yoruba society
and if your boy Fulani
Why are you arguing about them ?

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Omoodua007: 10:25am On Nov 21, 2019
Danwakae:

Thank you , that festival was where the PDP downfall started , I am jukum by tribe , Ilorin is my second house in the south because of my Fulani friends...and Should Gov Abdul tries to do same as Ahmed and Saraki, he would be kicked out like Saraki...the Fulanis understand local politics than the Holy qu'ran... Like I have said they always get the govt backings irregardless of who is in power... They are the ruler of west and Central Africa to the best of my knowledge

Nope all the countries where Fulani have political prensce in west Africa are the Sahel and they are all poor countries stop hyping Fulani people

Senegal Gambia Niger are not up to $50bn cumulative so they govern a large area of desert doesn’t make them more powerful

If they were more powerful
Why couldn’t they take down igbos down alone ?
You know igbo consistently defeated Fulani led war despite all this west african support

The nistake igbo made was fighting other neutral tribes

Why did Yorubas defeat the so called Powerful Fulani in Osogbo and halted their Jihad to Lagos

Stop hyping them Biko

3 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by johnmartus(m): 10:30am On Nov 21, 2019
Where did you see oba of Ilorin.
Danwakae:

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by babasolution: 10:44am On Nov 21, 2019
Danwakae:

northern tribes in Nigeria are mentally enslaved by the fulani people evidenced by your high praise of the fulani,they are only lords of weak northern nigerian tribes,even in guinea were they are the majority their political power is weak,its only in Nigeria they enjoy power,because of the worship of fulani by hausa and other northern tribes like yours

4 Likes

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Omoodua007: 10:49am On Nov 21, 2019
babasolution:

northern tribes in Nigeria are mentally enslaved by the fulani people evidenced by your high praise of the fulani,they are only lords of weak northern nigerian tribes,even in guinea were they are the majority their political power is weak,its only in Nigeria they enjoy power,because of the worship of fulani by hausa and other northern tribes like yours

Exactly
I just did a gdp check of this so called Sahel countries they exist in they are absolutely trashy countries

Their biggest luck is the religious hold on Hausa population of 40m +

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Danwakae(m): 10:51am On Nov 21, 2019
babasolution:

It's not by this your words , just the way Christian's and Muslims in the south west cannot go into crisis , thesame way for we in the core north. i.e, HAUSA (jukum, zuru, kataf, kanuri, berom...) and FULANI
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Danwakae(m): 10:53am On Nov 21, 2019
johnmartus:
Where did you see oba of Ilorin.

At the Oba's palace , in Ilorin , after Oja Oba( Oba's Market)
Re: The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin by Omoodua007: 10:53am On Nov 21, 2019
Danwakae:

It's not by this your words , just the way Christian's and Muslims in the south west cannot go into crisis , thesame way for we in the core north. i.e, HAUSA (jukum, zuru, kataf, kanuri, berom...) and FULANI

Wrong comparison your comparing an entire tribe with a diverse region smh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is One Of Nigerian Governor Climbing A Truck. PHOTOS / Meet Safiya Ali Who Has Live In Enugu Since 12 And Her Landlord Don't Take Rent / Video Of Buhari's Children Singing "We Go Blow National Budget" Trends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.