Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,644 members, 7,955,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:23 PM

Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 (17080 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 / How Abibatu Mogaji (Tinubu's Mother) Welcomed Awolowo From Prison In 1966 / Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by maestroferddi: 2:37am On Nov 24, 2019
LegendHero:

Bro, that video is from Britishpathe and the source is from Reuters and it has a time stamp of August 4, 1966 which corresponds to the actual day Awo was released.

Is it a mere conincidence that Awo met Gowon in prison uniform after he was released the same day?

You should rather see what I saw coz it’s evident you are seeing NOTHING!
Stop dropping names carelessly cos they are making you sound more ridiculous...

Ojukwu granted several interviews while he was alive where he stated that he released Awo from prison.

He made some of these claims while Awo was alive and I doubt if Awo refuted it before he died in 1987.

If you think you can arm yourself with a doctored video clip and use it in a futile attempt at revisionism, you should have another thinking coming through!

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 2:46am On Nov 24, 2019
maestroferddi:
Stop dropping names carelessly cos they are making you sound more ridiculous...

New York Times, Reuters, Britishpathe, Premium Times are not just names, they are reputable news channels.

Ojukwu granted several interviews while he was alive where he stated that he released Awo from prison.

He made some of these claims while Awo was alive and I doubt if Awo refuted it before he died in 1987.

If you think you can arm yourself with a doctored video clip and use it in a futile attempt at revisionism, you should have another thinking coming through!

According to you Ojukwu made the claim while alive, hence I have this question for you:

1. When Ojukwu was releasing Awo, did he grant any press interviews, photo ops?
2. If number 1 exist, is there any source to back the claim that Ojukwu released him? Note: there will be newspapers and channels that cover the news and they will all have it in their archives.
3. Give me one evidence (not Ojukwu video) from a reputable source that backs your claim.

If you can’t provide number 3, you shouldn’t reply me again coz it’s evident you are just trolling!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by maestroferddi: 2:50am On Nov 24, 2019
LegendHero:

Lol, I’m doing community service by trying to change your thought to save you from yourself!

How many more time do you need to accept a self evident truth?
The last time I checked you were the one whose raw nerve got unsettled by the inconvenient truth that Ojukwu released Awo from prison.

The rest of the world knows and has moved on...

It is you who is opening threads all over the place, excavating up extraneous materials, shadow-boxing and beating the air around you..

3 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 2:52am On Nov 24, 2019
maestroferddi:
The last time I checked you were the one whose raw nerve got unsettled by the inconvenient truth that Ojukwu released Awo from prison.

The rest of the world knows and has moved on...

It is you who is opening threads all over the place, excavating up extraneous materials, shadow-boxing and beating the air around you..

Don’t deceive yourself bro, the only people in the world that believe that ridiculous claim are the Igbos.

I can feel your pain, but you don’t choose which truth to accept in the sea of life. Self-evident truth cannot be denied for too long.

I will continue to be your messiah to save you from your self!

5 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by maestroferddi: 3:04am On Nov 24, 2019
LegendHero:

According to you Ojukwu made the claim while alive, hence I have this question for you:

1. When Ojukwu was releasing Awo, did he grant any press interviews, photo ops?
2. If number 1 exist, is there any source to back the claim that Ojukwu released him? Note: there will be newspapers and channels that cover the news and they will all have it in their archives.
3. Give me one evidence (not Ojukwu video) from a reputable source that backs your claim.

If you can’t provide number 3, you shouldn’t reply me again coz it’s evident you are just trolling!
My answer is that your issue is what is called anachronistic perception.

We are talking about 1966 and not 2019.

Why would Ojukwu issue a press release on Awo's release?

Press release to what effect?

You should be asking why he released him...

You are being deceived by the Gowon's spurious claim. Why was he muted when Ojukwu was alive and was making the assertions?

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 3:12am On Nov 24, 2019
maestroferddi:
My answer is that your issue is what is called anachronistic perception.

We are talking about 1966 and not 2019.

Why would Ojukwu issue a press release on Awo's release?

Press release to what effect?

You should be asking why he released him...

You are being deceived by the Gowon's spurious claim. Why was he muted when Ojukwu was alive and was making the assertions?

Lol, 1966 is actually not that far to get its true historical happenings. I have in my archives history about 1850s with actual picture and true nature of events.

For you to even start saying because the event happened in 1966 was the reason why you can’t get a cogent evidence implies that you actually don’t know what you’re saying and you’re the type that always want to be spoon fed all the time.

I don’t get my true info from Gowon alone, I got it from multiple independent sources and they all correlate with what Gowon said.

You can actually see that there is no proof that you can see, even lies don’t sell no more at this point and it is evident you have lost the moral authority to carry this argument further.

Even if Ojukwu did not do a press briefing, the press themselves will carry the news coz Awo is a heavyweight and releasing him after more than 3 years in prison will definitely be a breaking news.

Now your task is to find one single source of evidence to dispute my claim. If you keep disturbing me by quoting without evidence I won’t have a choice than to not reply again.

3 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by maestroferddi: 3:15am On Nov 24, 2019
Dedetwo:

Aguyi-Ironsi suspended the constitution and dissolved parliament. He then abolished the regional confederated form of government and pursued unitary like policies favored by the NCNC, having apparently been influenced by some NCNC political philosophy.

Ironsi did not abolish regional government rather he promulgated decree 34 which is unification of federal civil service. If he abolished regional government, why did he appoint regional governors? The regional government was abolished by Gowon who replaced it with state government.

[color=#] Ironsi fatally did not bring the failed plotters to trial as required by then-military law and as advised by most northern and western officers, rather, coup plotters were maintained in the military on full pay and some were even promoted while apparently awaiting trial..[/color]

You have written like a person who shuns the use of research apparatus. The 1963 Nigerian constitution and military code of conduct never stipulated that coup plotters have to be shot. The heaviest term was mere imprisonment after the Military Judge-advocate has determined their culpability. However before the military judge could have his/her hand on the case, the case should be made by the armed forces panel constituted by the GOC. In this case Ironsi had appointed a three-man panel that consisted of Gowon, Bala Usman and MD Yusuf. Be mindful that the panel was made up by people from the northern region of Nigeria. Instead of these goons to find the facts and proceed to the process of court-marshal, they were busy planning a counter-coup. Again it was goofy Obasanjo and fellow goons that introduced the killing of coup plotters in Nigeria after the deletion of Murtala Muhammed in 1975. It was very ironical that when the goofy Obasanjo was implicated in coup, he cried river.

Back to our business, Awo was released in August 4 1966, just 6 days to the counter coup that killed Ironsi. How in the world will Ojukwu have control over the eastern region when Gowon even hold power over Nigeria including the Eastern region up till 1967 when he proclaimed division of state into twelve.

The decision to release Awolowo was made by the supreme military council under Ironsi not Gowon. By the way, Ironsi was killed in the countercoup of July 29, 1966.

[color=#990000]The counter-coup led to the installation of Lieutenant-Colonel Yakubu Gowon as Supreme Commander of the Nigerian Armed Forces.[/color]

Gowon never agreed to being a member of the coup. In addition, coup of July 29, 1966 was not a total success because there was a military commander that did not recognize Gowon's imposition as leader of Nigeria. The military commander insisted on the correct military parlance where the chief of staff supreme military HQ, who for intents and practical purposes was 2ic (second in command) to Ironsi to be head of state in absensce of Ironsi. The impasse in the Nigeria leadership led to reconciliation talks in Aburi, Ghana.

Good job bro...

Noisemaking and sound logic with functional grasp of history are mutually exclusive...

4 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by maestroferddi: 3:39am On Nov 24, 2019
MetaPhysical:

The regional governors were military. Look at your fist sentence above "SUPREME MILITARY COUNCIL"!

The order from the Supreme Commander trumps and overrules any other standing regional order. If it wasnt Ironsi's decree 34 would have been meaningless and void.

Ogbeni we are talking of July 1966 and July 1996!

You guys are getting muddled up. We are talking about a period when the high military command and laws were at their infancy.

You don't super-impose the way military command structured functioned in 1996 into that of 1966 when the institution was in its infancy.

1 Like

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by maestroferddi: 3:54am On Nov 24, 2019
LegendHero:

Lol, 1966 is actually not that far to get its true historical happenings. I have in my archives history about 1850s with actual picture and true nature of events.

For you to even start saying because the event happened in 1966 was the reason why you can’t get a cogent evidence implies that you actually don’t know what you’re saying and you’re the type that always want to be spoon fed all the time.

I don’t get my true info from Gowon alone, I got it from multiple independent sources and they all correlate with what Gowon said.

You can actually see that there is no proof that you can see, even lies don’t sell no more at this point and it is evident you have lost the moral authority to carry this argument further.

Even if Ojukwu did not do a press briefing, the press themselves will carry the news coz Awo is a heavyweight and releasing him after more than 3 years in prison will definitely be a breaking news.

Now your task is to find one single source of evidence to dispute my claim. If you keep disturbing me by quoting without evidence I won’t have a choice than to not reply again.
I really don't have the time to do this zero sum game with you.

It appears you are incorrigibly obtuse.

You really have to sort out your thinking skills.

The period we are talking about is very restive for Eastern Nigeria as the region had a serious problem of population displacement: millions of flooded into the region as a consequence of the pogroms.

Why would Ojukwu leave the serious problem of keeping law and order in a potentially volatile region and get concerned with arranging a press conference on the release of Awo?

People have tried to educate you on what transpired in 1966 but you are still simplistic and blind arguments.

Why, ogbeni, why?

3 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by tomakint: 4:17am On Nov 25, 2019
nisai:
Kedu grin

Odinma undecided
Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Omoodua007: 4:19am On Nov 25, 2019
Thanks for the eye opening evidence
Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by nisai: 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2019
tomakint:

Odinma undecided
Yes thanks and greet enugu peeps for me.
Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by tomakint: 7:25am On Nov 26, 2019
nisai:
Yes thanks and greet enugu peeps for me.

I will, greet Sokoto folks for me too.
Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by nisai: 7:41am On Nov 26, 2019
tomakint:

I will, greet Sokoto folks for me too.
Sure and am proud. You should be proud of being Igbo too, great people.

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by tomakint: 11:41am On Nov 26, 2019
nisai:
Sure and am proud. You should be proud of being Igbo too, great people.

......and I told you that I am Igbo? undecided
Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by nisai: 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2019
tomakint:

......and I told you that I am Igbo? undecided
Lol grin grin Oga see as u change face now now for small joke haha someone cannot play with u again....... Ikwere I guess but never a Yoruba.
Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by jneutron4000: 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2019
LegendHero:
I was involved in an argument with a guy tonight on Nairaland and he was so brainwashed that he believed Ojukwu released Chief Awolowo from prison. Even when I tried showing him the actual prints of the August 5, 1966 edition of the New York Times Newspaper, he still doubted the truth in that assertion.

Most of these guys have been brainwashed by their fore-bearers that Awo betrayed them and their elders made sure they plant the seed of hatred in their children born and unborn by telling them Ojukwu released Awolowo from prison. Many of the folks on the other side still believed this and I think it is now time to kill that false narratives that have been peddled for over 5 decades.

I hope this truth resonates forever among the Awo antagonists born and yet unborn that have been emotionally brainwashed that Ojukwu released Chief Awolowo from prison by their fore-bearers.

Continue to RIP Chief Ọbáfẹ́mi Jeremiah Oyeniyi Awólọ́wọ̀, GCFR ( 6 March 1909 – 9 May 1987)

Video:
Title: Nigeria Chief Awolowo Released From Prison 1966
Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMNa4671Yuw
I love this revelation, and guess what broda, more revelations are coming out to review truth of what really happened and to put an end to Igbos lies they have spread for so long

"THE HATE AGAINST PA OBAFEMI AWOLOWO AND ENTIRE YORUBAS BY THE HORRIBLE FOLKS FROM THE FAILED STATES WOULD STOP ONLY WHEN WE CHASE THEM OUT OF OUR LAND"

Shortly after the Civil War in 1970, the horrible man whose lack of genuineness could only be to stage a war against Nigeria by declaring Biafra just because they had lost in their bids to rule over everyone through the first Organized Violence of 1966.

He began to accrued their failure to Pa Obafemi AWOLOWO of which their real enemy was Nnamdi Azikwe who described them as rebels to France. In the below news paper Azikwe actually asked the France to stop giving them aides.

In 1971 also, Ralph Uwechie who was the Special Envoy for Biafra to France during the Civil War. He as the head of Ohaneze Indigbo described Ojwuku as propagandist who is more interested in fictitious story than reality.

Unfortunately, the same propaganda is what Nnamdi Kanu is currently spreading to the uninformed Ibo youths as regards the person who made them lost Biafra bids in 1967. Thereby seeing every Yoruba as their enemy, and vowing aggressively to continue their destructive actions against us.

It's imperative to note that Ibos are not our allies and that they hate us not only politically but also NATIONALLY. Without chasing them out of Yorubaland through organised violence. They'll continue to destroy the fabrics of our society.

© Bisi Omo Olubadan

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Brugo(m): 1:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
LegendHero:

You guys first denied the photos!
Then you denied a printout of the New York Times 1966 edition!
Now you are still denying a video proof?

Nnamdi Kanu understood you guys more than I do, infact I just see the reason why almost 70% of a tribe believed Buhari is Jubrin from Sudan.

cheesy

Anybody who can allow someone like Nnamdi Kanu sway them with childish lies, is definitely a descendant of the defeated people, who let an inexperienced soldier lead them to avoidable death, in a war they had no hope of winning.

In other words, I’m not surprised they think like that. Their ancestors were not any better.

If you want to impress them, tell a stupid lie to massage their egos. Gbam. You are the hero of all races. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
jneutron4000:
I love this revelation, and guess what broda, more revelations are coming out to review truth of what really happened and to put an end to Igbos lies they have spread for so long

"THE HATE AGAINST PA OBAFEMI AWOLOWO AND ENTIRE YORUBAS BY THE HORRIBLE FOLKS FROM THE FAILED STATES WOULD STOP ONLY WHEN WE CHASE THEM OUT OF OUR LAND"

Shortly after the Civil War in 1970, the horrible man whose lack of genuineness could only be to stage a war against Nigeria by declaring Biafra just because they had lost in their bids to rule over everyone through the first Organized Violence of 1966.

He began to accrued their failure to Pa Obafemi AWOLOWO of which their real enemy was Nnamdi Azikwe who described them as rebels to France. In the below news paper Azikwe actually asked the France to stop giving them aides.

In 1971 also, Ralph Uwechie who was the Special Envoy for Biafra to France during the Civil War. He as the head of Ohaneze Indigbo described Ojwuku as propagandist who is more interested in fictitious story than reality.

Unfortunately, the same propaganda is what Nnamdi Kanu is currently spreading to the uninformed Ibo youths as regards the person who made them lost Biafra bids in 1967. Thereby seeing every Yoruba as their enemy, and vowing aggressively to continue their destructive actions against us.

It's imperative to note that Ibos are not our allies and that they hate us not only politically but also NATIONALLY. Without chasing them out of Yorubaland through organised violence. They'll continue to destroy the fabrics of our society.

© Bisi Omo Olubadan

God will bless you.

Initially, he lied before the war that he had an agreement with Awolowo to fight (support) on the side of Biafra and he said Awo reneged on their agreement by betraying him to side with Gowon.

Ask his kinsmen this, how could Awo that was just released from prison 5month before the start of the Biafran war amass and rally an army on the Yoruba side. Remeber the Western premier was already murdered and its just plain stupidity for Ojukwu to claim Awo made any rubbish agreement with him.

Ojukwu after failing to win the war tried to put the blame on an imaginary enemy so as to save his face from persecution from his kinsmen for sacrificing millions of them to feed his ego. He again said it was based on Awolowo policy of food blockade and Achebe also re-echoed that rubbish in his book.

In 1861, During the American civil war, there was also a blockade used by the American government against the rebels (confederates) and it’s called the “Union Blockade”. The rebels were able to minimize the effect of death on their people because they had a means of farming and producing food on their own as part of their war strategy. But Ojukwu on the other hand can not produce food and he had no strategy than to depend on his enemy (Nigerian government) to provide him food. He forgot that war is not a game of sharing pizza and indomine.

We will continue to end their lies with our weapon of truth until all memories of hatred is erased from their brain.

Gracias!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 1:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
Brugo:

cheesy

Anybody who can allow someone like Nnamdi Kanu sway them with childish lies, is definitely a descendant of the defeated people, who let an inexperienced soldier lead them to avoidable death, in a war they had no hope of winning.

In other words, I’m not surprised they think like that. Their ancestors were not any better.

If you want to impress them, tell a stupid lie to massage their egos. Gbam. You are the hero of all races. cheesy

Lol, you understand them quite well.

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Dedetwo(m): 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
Omoodua007:
As usual igbos cannot provide any evidence Lool just noise

Are you this dull? What manner of evidence do you goofily sort when Awolowo was imprisoned in eastern region? You and I knew for certain that Yakubu Gowon was a sitting "king" or "Oba" in western region of Nigeria and homely in Lagos in 1967. Gowon was free to roam around northern region of Nigeria. However Gowon would have suddenly woken up if he dreamt of stepping foot in Midwestern region of Nigeria and would have ran out of the room naked if dreamt of approaching eastern region. In fact throughout the civil war, Gowon did not venture into Benin.
Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Omoodua007: 2:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Dedetwo:

Are you this dull? What manner of evidence do you goofily sort when Awolowo was imprisoned in eastern region? You and I knew for certain that Yakubu Gowon was a sitting "king" or "Oba" in western region of Nigeria and homely in Lagos in 1967. Gowon was free to roam around northern region of Nigeria. However Gowon would have suddenly woken up if he dreamt of stepping foot in Midwestern region of Nigeria and would have ran out of the room naked if dreamt of approaching eastern region. In fact throughout the civil war, Gowon did not venture into Benin.

What type of statement is this
Why didn’t Ojukwu step out of ibo land during the war
Lol he didn’t even visit niger delta or minorities
He stated in Enugu and ran away like a woman
I know you will come up with all tales to cushion the effects of a war loss
You lost point blank
Even your so called Midwest invasion success was lead by a Yoruba man until he saw you installed an Igbo man as a leader and he backed out of your misadventures

3 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 4:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
Dedetwo:

[s]Are you this dull? What manner of evidence do you goofily sort when Awolowo was imprisoned in eastern region? You and I knew for certain that Yakubu Gowon was a sitting "king" or "Oba" in western region of Nigeria and homely in Lagos in 1967. Gowon was free to roam around northern region of Nigeria. However Gowon would have suddenly woken up if he dreamt of stepping foot in Midwestern region of Nigeria and would have ran out of the room naked if dreamt of approaching eastern region. In fact throughout the civil war, Gowon did not venture into Benin. [/s]

Quit what you are smoking!

2 Likes

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by tomakint: 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
nisai:
Lol grin grin Oga see as u change face now now for small joke haha someone cannot play with u again....... Ikwere I guess but never a Yoruba.

cheesy grin cheesy grin Ikwerre indeed
Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by RuggedSniper: 12:52am On May 26, 2020
LegendHero:
I was involved in an argument with a guy tonight on Nairaland and he was so brainwashed that he believed Ojukwu released Chief Awolowo from prison. Even when I tried showing him the actual prints of the August 5, 1966 edition of the New York Times Newspaper, he still doubted the truth in that assertion.

Most of these guys have been brainwashed by their fore-bearers that Awo betrayed them and their elders made sure they plant the seed of hatred in their children born and unborn by telling them Ojukwu released Awolowo from prison. Many of the folks on the other side still believed this and I think it is now time to kill that false narratives that have been peddled for over 5 decades.

I hope this truth resonates forever among the Awo antagonists born and yet unborn that have been emotionally brainwashed that Ojukwu released Chief Awolowo from prison by their fore-bearers.

Continue to RIP Chief Ọbáfẹ́mi Jeremiah Oyeniyi Awólọ́wọ̀, GCFR (6 March 1909 – 9 May 1987)

Video:
Title: Nigeria Chief Awolowo Released From Prison 1966
Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMNa4671Yuw
^^^Awesome post!

1 Like

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by RuggedSniper: 1:32am On May 26, 2020
LegendHero
post=84412165:

God will bless you.

Initially, he lied before the war that he had an agreement with Awolowo to fight (support) on the side of Biafra and he said Awo reneged on their agreement by betraying him to side with Gowon.

Ask his kinsmen this, how could Awo that was just released from prison 5month before the start of the Biafran war amass and rally an army on the Yoruba side. Remeber the Western premier was already murdered and its just plain stupidity for Ojukwu to claim Awo made any rubbish agreement with him.

Ojukwu after failing to win the war tried to put the blame on an imaginary enemy so as to save his face from persecution from his kinsmen for sacrificing millions of them to feed his ego. He again said it was based on Awolowo policy of food blockade and Achebe also re-echoed that rubbish in his book.

In 1861, During the American civil war, there was also a blockade used by the American government against the rebels (confederates) and it’s called the “Union Blockade”. The rebels were able to minimize the effect of death on their people because they had a means of farming and producing food on their own as part of their war strategy. But Ojukwu on the other hand can not produce food and he had no strategy than to depend on his enemy (Nigerian government) to provide him food. He forgot that war is not a game of sharing pizza and indomine.

We will continue to end their lies with our weapon of truth until all memories of hatred is erased from their brain.

Gracias!
You are well-read. Those have been my exact thoughts as well. Awolowo as a SAN should have Ojukwu and others for defaming him... But chose to give them the latitude to change via gentle persuation by writing a book entitled 'Awo on the Nigerian Civil War', but that has not helped because many of those bigots do not read funtional history books. Sueing for defamation is the only way to eradicate online and offline falsehood!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by RuggedSniper: 1:40am On May 26, 2020
jneutron4000:

Shortly after the Civil War in 1970,
the horrible man whose lack of genuineness could only be to stage a war against Nigeria by declaring Biafra just because they had lost in their bids to rule over everyone through the first Organized Violence of 1966.

© Bisi Omo Olubadan

^This is deep! Brilliant...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by LegendHero(m): 2:33am On May 26, 2020
RuggedSniper:
You are well-read. Those have been my exact thoughts as well. Awolowo as a SAN should have Ojukwu and others for defaming him... But chose to give them the latitude to change via gentle persuation by writing a book entitled 'Awo on the Nigerian Civil War', but that has not helped because many of those bigots do not read funtional history books. Sueing for defamation is the only way to eradicate online and offline falsehood!

You are right bro. That’s what Awo should have done.

However as an elder statesman, the issue of the Biafra war is delicate and they won’t want to talk about it much on the media due to the fact that the government don’t want to reopen old wounds.

1 Like

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Yankee101: 2:58am On May 26, 2020
Don't know why people want to change known history

See video evidence

1 Like

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by RuggedSniper: 5:32am On May 26, 2020
LegendHero:

You are right bro. That’s what Awo should have done.

However as an elder statesman, the issue of the Biafra war is delicate and they won’t want to talk about it much on the media due to the fact that the government don’t want to reopen old wounds.

^^Thanks for the feedback. I do not like to use the term biafra war but the Nigerian Civil War because the minority ethnic groups rejected secession and alligned with Nigeria by joining the military. Even the UN refused to officially any biafra entity scam. Ojukwu and his rebels continued to use the Nigerian Pounds they looted from the central bank and the money collected from returnee Ibos and non-Ibos for over 1 year after secession to buy thing abroad. The biafra currency was rejected as a legal tender internationally. When Awo changed the old Nigeria Pound to new note designs on the advice of the British, all the old Nigeria Pounds in rebel hand became worthless. Ojukwu kept grudge with Awolowo for that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by Kingspin(m): 6:07am On May 26, 2020
oyin44:
Gowon was the one that released awo and his notable followers from prison.by so doing,he (Gowon) greatly contrasted himself with ojukwu and ironsi And made himself more acceptable to the remainder of Nigeria.Note:August 1,1966 was when Gowon announced himself as the head of state and the supreme commander of the Armed forces.And also it was that same date he ordered the released of Awo and co.While ojukwu declared Biafra on may 30 1967
We are still waiting for Gowon to say all the truth about the war. He is still alive.
Re: Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 by gidgiddy: 7:07am On May 26, 2020
Yankee101:
Don't know why people want to change known history

See video evidence

The video shows Gowon releasing Awolowo in Lagos, yet Awolowo was in Calabar prison. That tells all you need to know that the video was not about the release of Awolowo

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Atiku’s Convoy Almost Killed Me In Abuja – Tinubu’s Spokesman, Onanuga / Biafra And Scientific Development / Aregbesola And Ajimobi Reject 'His Excellency' Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.