Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,092 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University (30027 Views)

Ahmed Musa To Complete Turkish Move From Kano Pillars This Week / Ahmed Musa To Open Sports Centre In Kaduna (Video, Photos) / The Way Iheanacho Was Begging Musa To Pass The Ball Is Actually Very Funny - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by odun360(m): 11:25am On Nov 21, 2019
Captain of the senior national team of Nigeria Ahmed Musa has decided to pay the tuition fee of hundred students at Skyline University Kano after he was named as ambassador to the university.

The 26 year old became the first sportsman to be named an ambassador by the school based in the state where he made his mark ‎as a teenager playing for Nigeria Professional Football League ( NPFL) side Kano Pillars.

In reaction to the gesture by the school, Musa announced on his instagram handle that he will be sponsoring hundred students to school in the institution as a believer in the importance of education in rebuilding Nigeria.

" I am a great believer in the importance of education hence my excitement in joining this great team to promote the vision of becoming anything you want to be in life as long as you can dream it", he posted on Instagram.

" So, I am pleased to let you know that I would be sponsoring 100 students at this university (Skyline University). Yes! 100. Details to follow shortly ", he concluded in the post written on Wednesday evening.

The cost of sponsoring a student till graduation at the school is worth 5 million Naira in tuition fee and Musa plans to bear the cost of it all for a hundred students as his way of giving back to the society.

Already he is involved in several charity works, one of which is the popular sharing of food items, cash and provision of free medical services whenever he is in Nigeria for holidays. A practice he started since he was with Russian side CSKA Moscow.

Now playing for Saudi Arabia side Al-Nassr, Musa reportedly earns $270,000‎ a week, a huge increase from what he was earning at English Premier League side Leicester City and also makes him the highest earning Nigerian footballer.

So far he hasn't enjoyed the best of season in Saudi Arabia with injuries limiting to just few games, and that has also cost him his spot in the senior national team of Nigeria as he began his role as substantive captain of the team by sitting on the bench in the last two games of the team.

Musa played as a substitute in the 2-1 win over Benin Republic and also in the 4-2 win over Lesotho in the recent AFCON 2021 Qualifiers but according to coach Gernot Rohr is largely due to the fact that he is just returning from injury.

In Musa's absence the trio of Samuel Chukwueze, Samuel Kalu and Victor Osimhen have form a deadly combination in attack that produced four of the six goals Nigeria scored in their last two games. Moses Simon has also impressed when played in place of the three players mentioned above. Despite that Rohr insist that Musa's spot in the team is not under threat.

" He (Musa) is our captain so we have to treat him as the leader. He is not at the best level to start games but everybody knows his quality and what he brings to the team. We are hopeful that very soon he will reach full fitness and play a role in helping us achieve our set targets for the year", Rohr said.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/11/ahmed-musa-to-sponsor-100-students-to.html

36 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by sodiqapril(m): 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
Woah..God bless him..I was still telling someone that with the exception of Ahmed Musa and a handful others, most Nigerian celebrities are useless.. they don't give back to their fans and I'm not even talking about the financial giving. All they do is oppress the fans on social media with their wealth and rush to insult the parent of anyone that goes against them..God bless you Ahmed Musa..the pocket of to a giver never dries

184 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by NigerianMan: 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
Nice one from MUSA

More funds to your Account!!!

I have Toyota Camry 2000 (Everything working perfectly with custom papers)for swap with Honda Civic 03/04/05. If you have any one in Abuja, please quote me

11 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by xbox360: 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
Great gesture bro

4 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by morikee: 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
Musa aboki na

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Mpcoll001: 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
Nice one Musa wink
May Allah bless you

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by nony43(m): 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
N
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by udemzyudex(m): 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
Weldon sir

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
-
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by olaolulazio(m): 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
God bless him always

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by awa(m): 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
Nice one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Bukws: 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
Correct man.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Zimzy(m): 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
Where are our daddy GOs?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by mujiboy(m): 2:22pm On Nov 21, 2019
Never heard of this Uni tho!

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Hubsolar: 2:22pm On Nov 21, 2019
Wow! Ahmed Musa seems to be a very generous and humble fellow. Givers never lack sir. The sky is your springboard

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by crossfm: 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
These highly commendable. I salute your Mr musa.in fact Musa don see better thing for gate.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by chinavs9ja(m): 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2019
Good of him if it is true

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by 0monnak0da: 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
sodiqapril:
Woah..God bless him..I was still telling someone that with the exception of Ahmed Musa and a handful others, most Nigerian celebrities are useless.. they don't give back to their fans and I'm not even talking about the financial giving. All they do is oppress the fans on social media with their wealth and rush to insult the parent of anyone that goes against them..God bless you Ahmed Musa..the pocket of to a giver never dries
Give -----BACK I don't know book

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Bellotelli: 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
He has done more than the president and most governors in Nigeria.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Teewhy2: 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
The cost of sponsoring a student till graduation at the school is worth 5 million Naira in tuition fee and Musa plans to bear the cost of it all for a hundred students as his way of giving back to the society.

Some that have this money among our leaders and celebrities will prefer to use it to buy cars and houses and use it to pepper us online and saying at our back what can we do to them.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Finnese001: 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
Nice one musa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by openmine(m): 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
nice one
Such gesture is laudable and worth emulating!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2019
Single-handedly? shocked shocked shocked
The Real MVP, others follow sluggishly

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by gurunlocker: 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2019
So Musa played in NPFL and he is still 26 years till this moment?

My God is a wonderful God shocked

5 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by ainas247: 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2019
wink God Bless you... Best Nigeria Player with Good heart...
Higher you go bro...

meanwhile
If you have a website rank it on Google and
let the client find you chat up

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Ogalanyachieze: 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2019
All i see is political Ambitions
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by sevunteen(m): 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2019
Na ambassador kon dey pay brand wey sign am. Maybe na musa sef sign the school, who knows?

Football money sha!

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Olukologia24592(m): 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2019
And our useless Yoruba Billionaire took 5Billion to the North.

7 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Morenikeji070: 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2019
Folks like you are the bad Nigerians. Bad Belle crazy ass learn how to appreciate.
BeachTime:
SKYLINE
The name sounds like a scam

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by V1C70R(m): 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2019
Amazingly amazing!

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Ayoefa: 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2019
May the blessings of Allah continue to shine on you brother.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Omoyemi Yekini, Rashidi Yekini’s Daughter: "Dad Wasn’t Mentally Challenged" / Romelu Lukaku Arrives Italy To Seal £72m Inter Milan Transfer (Photos) / 2022 World Cup: Babayaro Names Two People Responsible For Nigeria’s Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.