Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,313 members, 7,819,066 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University (30042 Views)

Ahmed Musa To Complete Turkish Move From Kano Pillars This Week / Ahmed Musa To Open Sports Centre In Kaduna (Video, Photos) / The Way Iheanacho Was Begging Musa To Pass The Ball Is Actually Very Funny - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by LabDNA: 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2019
Musa should consider running for president in 2023. He stands a good chance, In both north and south.

George weah did it in Liberia.
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by KosiGee(m): 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2019
Ayoleeboy007:
how can you give students in private school scholarship instead of giving students in federal or state, who is musa personal assistant self, 500 million will send over 1 million student in federal universities to school. This must is really confuse, someone should help me with that musa confuse memes

Who is your mathematics teacher? Give me his details, he should be arrested and stripped of his certificate.

If N500m could sponsor over a million students in the Federal Universities, how much would it cost to sponsor one student?
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by planetx: 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2019
26 year old indeed
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
Mutumina
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Yoighaman(m): 6:54pm On Nov 21, 2019
N100,000,000 is about 27% of his monthly earnings, so he can afford it. Nice gesture, at least, some have more money than he does but will never give N5,000 to anybody, they'd rather keep stuffing the money in bank accounts abroad as if it's a prerequisite to make heaven. May God continue to bless our Ahmed Musa.
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by verifiablefacts: 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
mujiboy:
Never heard of this Uni tho!
are you the minister of education?
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Monday60655(m): 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
May God bless you. More grace as the Almighty God strengthen you to do more
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by kareemkamil(m): 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2019
Can you see now, where's our brothers Jay Jay Okocha, Obi Mikel, Obafemi Matins & Yakubu Aiyegbeni. This guy is a good example to the others. May Almighty God bless you, bless your work. Thanks so much sir.
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2019
Woow...nice one God bless u real good Musa..may ur pocket never run dry.
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Ayoleeboy007: 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2019
ubox:

You are getting it wrong, it's just like someone sponsoring the masses to Covenant University not people that are already in Covenant University.
ok I understand, he try.
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Theophinio(m): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2019
Philanthropist No wonder you keep moving forward Excellent One Boss
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Midex88(m): 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
Ogalanyachieze:
All i see is political Ambitions

For once, try to be positive in your thinking
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by UtuokeAlcoholic: 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
Aboki sponsoring his almajiri kinsmen with our oil money. rubbish!-----hateful Jew
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Saintly01(m): 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
Wonderful gesture.
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Franky9584(m): 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2019
nice one bro...others should learn from this.
#operation_bring_ur_money_home
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by kayzeesoft(m): 10:18pm On Nov 21, 2019
Ogalanyachieze:
All i see is political Ambitions
Even at that.
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Prinznonny: 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2019
odun360:
Captain of the senior national team of Nigeria Ahmed Musa has decided to pay the tuition fee of hundred students at Skyline University Kano after he was named as ambassador to the university.

The 26 year old became the first sportsman to be named an ambassador by the school based in the state where he made his mark ‎as a teenager playing for Nigeria Professional Football League ( NPFL) side Kano Pillars.

In reaction to the gesture by the school, Musa announced on his instagram handle that he will be sponsoring hundred students to school in the institution as a believer in the importance of education in rebuilding Nigeria.

" I am a great believer in the importance of education hence my excitement in joining this great team to promote the vision of becoming anything you want to be in life as long as you can dream it", he posted on Instagram.

" So, I am pleased to let you know that I would be sponsoring 100 students at this university (Skyline University). Yes! 100. Details to follow shortly ", he concluded in the post written on Wednesday evening.

The cost of sponsoring a student till graduation at the school is worth 5 million Naira in tuition fee and Musa plans to bear the cost of it all for a hundred students as his way of giving back to the society.

Already he is involved in several charity works, one of which is the popular sharing of food items, cash and provision of free medical services whenever he is in Nigeria for holidays. A practice he started since he was with Russian side CSKA Moscow.

Now playing for Saudi Arabia side Al-Nassr, Musa reportedly earns $270,000‎ a week, a huge increase from what he was earning at English Premier League side Leicester City and also makes him the highest earning Nigerian footballer.

So far he hasn't enjoyed the best of season in Saudi Arabia with injuries limiting to just few games, and that has also cost him his spot in the senior national team of Nigeria as he began his role as substantive captain of the team by sitting on the bench in the last two games of the team.

Musa played as a substitute in the 2-1 win over Benin Republic and also in the 4-2 win over Lesotho in the recent AFCON 2021 Qualifiers but according to coach Gernot Rohr is largely due to the fact that he is just returning from injury.

In Musa's absence the trio of Samuel Chukwueze, Samuel Kalu and Victor Osimhen have form a deadly combination in attack that produced four of the six goals Nigeria scored in their last two games. Moses Simon has also impressed when played in place of the three players mentioned above. Despite that Rohr insist that Musa's spot in the team is not under threat.

" He (Musa) is our captain so we have to treat him as the leader. He is not at the best level to start games but everybody knows his quality and what he brings to the team. We are hopeful that very soon he will reach full fitness and play a role in helping us achieve our set targets for the year", Rohr said.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/11/ahmed-musa-to-sponsor-100-students-to.html

Nice one Ahmed Musa. Captain fantastic

Volunteering to sponsor a 100 students is not just a mere philanthropic gesture, it is divine.

Education go a long way in Nation building as it moulds future leaders.

I want to thank you for this kind gesture and also encourage other of your team mates to think of ways of touching lives. Together let's play our role in building a better Nigeria.

I also appeal that the scholarship targets the less privileged students whom their parents find it difficult to pay tuition fees and students who are out of school (drop outs) mainly for the fact that they have no one to Carter for their educational needs.

God bless you.

Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Gamelord007: 12:07am On Nov 22, 2019
nice one musa, keep the tempo up
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by naphtii(m): 4:37am On Nov 22, 2019
Good deed musa.
Continue the good work.
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Nigerfine3: 5:45am On Nov 22, 2019
gurunlocker:
So Musa played in NPFL and he is still 26 years till this moment?

My God is a wonderful God shocked
Musa was one time highest goal scorer in nigeIan league. Leave that age issue, as you leave Mata for Mathias.
Muda Don marry since how long ago.
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Futbol24: 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
Good one. Education is key to any nation's development.
Re: Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University by Ojady(m): 5:13am On Nov 23, 2019
You know, if only our so called politicians,celebrities,millionaires, religious and sports stars etc 'held open the door[i][/i]' for at least 12 families (like this) every year, the hardship we feel would not be this bad... Attimes, I ask myself, why or what is stopping Nigerians from reaching out and pulling others up and treat each other as they would want to be treated. And then, I realize that the Nigerian poverty is not of material wealth but of the immaterial: the kind that wants people to feel human. You board a bus, the conductor gives you your correct change without hassle, Power coys, inform you by text of the power distribution pattern for your area in the coming week and let you know if plans change; where the MOT announces in clear terms the process and the amount required to renew or acquire licences and it is so IN REALITY; a Nigeria where, after church or mosque service, the church distributes food and drink to those who do not have or have a long way to travel back home... A Nigeria where OAP like Dr Freeze will objectively entertain those he holds dissenting views with and go on air to clarify and not mislead those following him... A Nigeria where the rich like Tinubu will not flaunt bullion vans filled with raw cash and a notable legal sage will brazenly defend it - we could go on and on about the ways life could be simplified in Nigeria, but then it starts with me bearing in mind, a tree does not make a forest, but it can start a forest fire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Women's World Cup 2019: France Scores Fastest Goal In Opening Match (Photos) / Romelu Lukaku Arrives Italy To Seal £72m Inter Milan Transfer (Photos) / Omoyemi Yekini, Rashidi Yekini’s Daughter: "Dad Wasn’t Mentally Challenged"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.