Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

My Harrowing Ordeal With One Chance Robbers In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Harrowing Ordeal With One Chance Robbers In Lagos (362 Views)

4 One Chance Robbers Were Caught Beaten, And Disgraced (videos/pictures) / One Chance Robbers Caught In Wuse, Abuja (pics/video) / 'One-Chance' Robbers Attack Woman With Spanner In Abuja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Harrowing Ordeal With One Chance Robbers In Lagos by intellisense: 2:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
Lagos has always been to me more of a city full of quagmire than pleasure, amidst it's booming economy and social life lies an unearthed and yet deadly existence which many of its habitants are still oblivious to.

The hustle and bustle basically fraternized with me such that all I thought and did and cared about was going to work and coming back and repeating same cycle months after months, well albeit all that changed with my ordeal with one chance as they are are popularly known.

It was quite a very promising Friday morning in November, had my schedule lined up for days work, log of mails to respond to meetings and all what not, in my usual manner I woke up as early as I can in other to get set and hitchhike a ride from d mainland Ojodu Berger precisely to the island, the hub of Lagos economy......
Re: My Harrowing Ordeal With One Chance Robbers In Lagos by intellisense: 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
Clad in my coffee brown chinos trouser with my well ironed shirts tucked, looking splufik and ready to conquer the day I set out to my bstop twas just barely a few mins to 6am when this blue 2004 mode Toyotal sienna pulled up right in front of me.
V.I, V.I, I echoed hoping to hitch this ride which most times is a preferable option compared to boarding the usual danfo or brt considering punctuality. Well that became my greatest undoing........
Re: My Harrowing Ordeal With One Chance Robbers In Lagos by intellisense: 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2019
The windows rolled and the driver, a young man maybe in his early 40's looked at me and beckoned "V.I enter".
His appearance have me no premonition of there evil intent, he wore a suit looking responsible leaving no arousals for suspicion.
I stepped into the vehicle and noticed there were 3 passengers sitter behind and 1 passenger seated with d driver, so I sat in the middle row which was unoccupied and off went the driver........
Re: My Harrowing Ordeal With One Chance Robbers In Lagos by intellisense: 2:42pm On Nov 21, 2019
Just a few poles drive off, 2 other passengers well dressed beckoned on the driver and he pulled over, same mannerism with which I boarded.
So here I was seated with 2 other people in d middle row unsuspecting and not knowing this was a grand deception and they were all in together in it and I am the only prey in the vehicle.......
Re: My Harrowing Ordeal With One Chance Robbers In Lagos by intellisense: 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
Just a few seconds into the journey 6 of them pounced on me, I was left in a chokehold , my hands and legs held and a barrage of punches flying all over my face, I struggled to break free, but 6 against 1 was an uneven match and I was totally subdued by these men of the underworld, brandishing a local made pistol I was ordered to divulge my phone and ATM pin already seized from my wallet, I resisted but after they almost shattered my leg with hammer and my eyes burning from the aboniki balm they put on it I had to give up my pins , all these while the driver kept moving smoothly until they took me to an ATM machine somewhere in Ogba as I learned afterwards......
Re: My Harrowing Ordeal With One Chance Robbers In Lagos by intellisense: 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2019
There they made withrawals and transfers with my 2 ATM cards, wiping out my entire savings.
Afterwards , left for dead they dropped me off at a lonely path in Ogba where on recovery I had to find my way back home.
Lagos is agog with criminals all roving and seeking whom to devour.
Now the lessons learned.........
Re: My Harrowing Ordeal With One Chance Robbers In Lagos by Jabioro: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
Glory be to God.. though sorry for the bad experience and loses. Another good loophole to arrest the culprit had been left uncovered..Your money was transferred..go the bank or the law enforcement agent help you get the recipient account..from there action to track can began.. Sorry..
Re: My Harrowing Ordeal With One Chance Robbers In Lagos by adecz: 3:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
shocked

You lucky say no be ritualists;

(1) (Reply)

Mompha Sues EFCC, Demands N5m Compensation For ‘Unlawfully’ Detaining Him / Man Machetes His Brother Over A Pot Of Soup / No Money Was Burnt In The Fire Outbreak - Ministry Of Finance Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.