Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Remembering My Most Embarrassing Moment As A Student... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Remembering My Most Embarrassing Moment As A Student... (269 Views)

What Is The Most Embarrassing Day Of Your Life In School? / Share Your Embarrassing Examination Day Experiences / Share Your Most Embarrassing Moment On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remembering My Most Embarrassing Moment As A Student... by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:48am On Nov 22, 2019
I never thought I'll ever share this with anyone cuz I don't want to remember it but I will. Maybe sharing it will help me heal from that painful embarrassment.
I still remember the day like it was yesterday cuz it was one of the darkest days of my life. I even stopped attending classes for a few days because of that incident.

We were suppose to have this group presentation at 300L and as always I was group leader. Naturally group leaders will present the topic to the class and the lecturers and the lecturer in charge of the course will award mark to everyone in the group based on the group's performance in the presentation and individual contribution to the assignment.
I don't have problem presenting, Infact I've done that all my school years. I was always group leader so I always present except if the lecturer opted otherwise but that particular course was not my favorite and I don't know nada in it. Infact I hated it so much that I only pick the note whenever I'm trying to sleep and it's not coming. I'll start reading it then sleep go catch me.

Knowing fully well that I was going to present the topic, I decided to cheat. What I did was simple (or so I thought until everything scattered) I recorded all the presentation paper on my phone, bought an earphone and thought to myself that I'll just play it and listen to it while I repeat after it.
To be fair, I practiced it at home several times that I had even memorized all the words and I should have just used that but I was bent on doing what I planned.
D-day came, class was full cuz presentation is always like a test. The marks are awarded and they represent your test.
I got to the stage and played the recording (did as if I wanted to adjust my phone)
Na so wahala start oo. Lecturer was like... What's the topic of your group... (recording don dey play oo)
I said the topic then listened to recording, record don go pass introduction, na so I start to dey stammer. grin
I should have just removed the earpiece from my ears and see if I'll remember some of the words I memorized when I was practicing my scam but I was bent on catching up with that God forsaken recording that was playing so fast.
At a point, I thought of reaching out to my pocket and pausing it a little so I can catch my breath but already everybody was looking at me with shock written all over their faces and taking out my phone was a bad idea.
Everything just scatter. Luckily, one of the group members noticed that I wasn't myself, he quickly took it from me and started explaining the topic. He should have been made the group leader sef since that was he favourite course but na so dem think say na Kelvin fit do am...

That 5 minutes he spent explaining the topic while I stood behind him was the longest 5 minutes of my life. Shame almost made me shit for body grin

Last last, after presentation, the lecturer looked at me and was like, what is wrong with you?
I said nothing sir. He said then that nothing almost cost your group 30 marks. Everybody in class bursted into laughter.
Funny enough, the recording was still playing, how it manage to still be playing when presentation has ended is what baffled me. I must have recorded it really slowly that even if I was repeating after it, I would have sounded like a big fool. grin

(1) (Reply)

closed / ASUU Develops Counter Software Against IPPIS / NANS President Hopeful, Asefon Reaffirms Commitment To Students’ Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.