Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences (16605 Views)

Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos / Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. / Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by SURELAND: 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
Chukwu94:
The menace of omo onile in Lagos State have gotten out of hand. Some set of jobless individuals who have taken it up as a duty to frustrate people who work hard to earn a living and also build a house for themselves.

These thugs called omo onile who hide under the shadow of being approved by the sanwo olu's government have continued from where they stopped after the fashola's government. These people do nothing but come to request for exorbitant dues anytime you want to engage in a building project.

While I brought up this topic is to bring to the notice of the government the plight of lagosians in the hands of these jobless thugs called omo onile.

Share your experiences please..

we should be mindful of what we put on social media, because Lagos indigene sell land to outsider which can never happen in the east does not warrant this kind of post and Indirectly insulting fashola administration.... Pls make sure you will be responsible for what you put on. Social media.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by hosemujica: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
SURELAND:
we should be mindful of what we put on social media
What exactly are you talking about? Is it that you don't know that they a problem or you feel it's not necessary for people to cry out.
?

7 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Edyice: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
Jagaban : my boyz are on the news again doing the needful ...

1 Like

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by KingAzubuike(f): 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
SURELAND:
we should be mindful of what we put on social media
Mindful of what? If you have nothing to share just take a walk..

Those idiots are horrible and are daylight robbers. The best way to deal with them is to use military force. They won't disturb you again. Some people also suggest settling the oba or baale of the area but it's a waste of time, it doesn't stop them from perpetrating their heinous acts.

12 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by nengibo: 7:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
Later Afonja ppl will complain of community dues in Niger Delta

1 Like

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by noisy45(m): 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
Just have a pump action gun they will never try shit with u grin

1 Like

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by MrMcJay(m): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
hosemujica:
What exactly are you talking about? Is it that you don't know that they a problem or you feel it's not necessary for people to cry out.
?

The first pics are Omonile boys in that Ejigbo area. I'm aware of the matter.

Second pics is also of that same area but those boys aren't Omoniles.

2 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by RPirez: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2019
Mine was in Owode-Onirin, Lagos. Like 4yrs ago, I acquired 2-plots of land and didn't immediately start work on it cuz my parents also live in the neighborhood. I never really had much problem with them and they even protected my land before I eventually built it grin. Once you've settled the main guy, you're good to go but, you go settle before you do foundation, decking and roofing. Whenever I come home for vacation you'll see them hailing me whenever I drive by or ride Okada to see my parents ( we all know what that means... "Isolenu"wink… I had to settle them undecided

Whatever is of Ceaser's, you give to Ceaser'scool

4 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by SURELAND: 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2019
hosemujica:
?
read the part where he indirectly accuse fashola administration....this is social media you don't know who is reading and that is why we need to be sure of what we put out here......in fact am a developer and I have more than one estate here in Lagos, so I can tell you more about omo onile in Lagos
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Ejebleje: 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2019
Gracealone:
Mine was Ibafo. Paid for 4 plots. I delayed in fencing it, then someone else they collected money from came to cut his own 1 plot and started building it. I later fenced remaining 3 plots. Then after paying every member of the family, each coming and claiming he was cheated in the distribution of the money I paid.

The second phase is one woman in the family calling me for financial support on every occasion they had in the family, but I later told her off on a particular day. She once called me to come to her aid to complete the roofing of her house while I was yet to lay the foundation of mine at the time.

ROTFL...Chia! Inside life. Sorry bro.

2 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by kvngtomi(m): 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2019
Omo onile in Lagos ehn...... They can never leave. That's how one day a constructor came to my area in Makoko, upon stepping out from his car, he was greeted by a battalion of thugs, waiting to to collect money for stepping out of his car. After that they keep coming literally every time to collect money for any material delivered at the site.

Lagos and Omo onile is like Amala and Ewedu, inseparable

5 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by MrMcJay(m): 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2019
noisy45:
Just have a pump action gun they will never try shit with u grin

See this one.

They would dump a corpse on your land and go and report to the police that you're a kidnapper and ritualist.

On top of that, when police searches your house and sees pump action, you would be begging them to take the land.

8 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by SURELAND: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Mindful of what? If you have nothing to share just take a walk..

Those idiots are horrible and are daylight robbers. The best way to deal with them is to use military force. They won't disturb you again. Some people also suggest settling the oba or baale of the area but it's a waste of time, it doesn't stop them from perpetrating their heinous acts.
if you don't understand me why don't you also read and walk? Why do you have to quote me
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by YOUNGELDER1(m): 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
Gracealone:
Mine was Ibafo. Paid for 4 plots. I delayed in fencing it, then someone else they collected money from came to cut his own 1 plot and started building it. I later fenced remaining 3 plots. Then after paying every member of the family, each coming and claiming he was cheated in the distribution of the money I paid.

The second phase is one woman in the family calling me for financial support on every occasion they had in the family, but I later told her off on a particular day. She once called me to come to her aid to complete the roofing of her house while I was yet to lay the foundation of mine at the time.

Madness lol
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Moneyboyz: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
I created a thread asking for help a while ago, one of them scammed me of 40Ok.. almost a year now they never see solution to my refund.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Harvigh(m): 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2019
See am, so called leader of tomorrow already turning it into a tribal matter. Op asked for opinions and mind you, the op might even be an indigene yet you're here sounding not just unintelligent but myopic as well.
SURELAND:
we should be mindful of what we put on social media, because Lagos indigene sell land outsider which can never happen in the east does not warrant this kind of post and Indirectly insulting fashola administration.... Pls make sure you will be responsible for what you put o. Social media.

6 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by ibechris(m): 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
SURELAND:
we should be mindful of what we put on social media, because Lagos indigene sell land outsider which can never happen in the east does not warrant this kind of post and Indirectly insulting fashola administration.... Pls make sure you will be responsible for what you put o. Social media.

I take responsibility for this!all the Omo Nile or better still agbero in Lagos are jobless and heartless. What legal grounds do they have to frustrate people all because the politicians are behind them?

4 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Nigeriadondie: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
hosemujica:
We have to keep dealing with them if you live outside Vi and ikoyi. I gave them 12k today just to let my empty container drop. Hopefully government would have sense one day and realise that omonile should not be the tax man.
The govt is so senseless not to realize that fact.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by surryade(m): 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
I bought my land in 2016 at oko Afo in badagry area of Lagos State, the owner who sold the land to me was very sick needed money to travel back to village in Benin, I didn't knew their was issue on the land from the king of onilogbo, One old man next to king is called BABALOJA stop my Bricklayer from working after paying for foundation (150k)
I was asked to re-buy the land with half of the money I bought it from the owner or loss it to Omo onile, we negotiated and I repay 500k to them after buying it for over 1m still pay for roofing.

Later in life God punish them together, fighting with the king and his people over selling of land without palace approval,till today I can't never assist any of the family of those people,

I saw hell on earth during that period ,

7 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by SURELAND: 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
Harvigh:
See am, so called leader of tomorrow already turning it into a tribal matter. Op asked for opinions and mind you, the op might even be an indigene yet you're here sounding not just unintelligent but myopic as well.
I know who I am and you don't deserve my attention
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by ibechris(m): 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2019
SURELAND:
read the part where he indirectly accuse fashola administration....this is social media you don't know who is reading and that is why we need to be sure of what we put out here......in fact am a developer and I have more than one estate here in Lagos, so I can tell you more about omo onile in Lagos

Guy keep quiet if u don't know how to talk. This is niaraland and not Lagos where one man is controlling destinies. Is Fashola a God that he cannot be mentioned.
These people are meant to serve u and not u serving them. U are a developer yet u can't say the truth because Fashola is ur God father.

Shame on u elders that can not see wrong all because of what they will eat. Stop this ur hypocrisy.

20 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by SURELAND: 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2019
ibechris:

Guy keep quiet if u don't know how to talk. This is niaraland and not Lagos where one man is controlling destinies. Is Fashola a God that he cannot be mentioned.
These people are meant to serve u and not u serving them. U are a developer yet u can't say the truth because Fashola is ur God father.

Shame on u elders that can not see wrong all because of what they will eat. Stop this ur hypocrisy.
let me trash this because there is no wisdom in it....read what I posted with.....even advise people on how to go about land transaction in Lagos. See all the land in Lagos belong to govt...those that 're looking for cheapland go to omo onile
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by LZAA: 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2019
Afamed amd mrchineke can tell us more grin
Cc immhotep GMBuharii helinues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by ibechris(m): 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2019
SURELAND:
I know who I am and you don't deserve my attention

This man sounds like an unrepentant tribalist. His likes are the reasons why Nigeria is where it is today.
Hear yourself man. I shame for u.
Travel and see why u need to grow up.

3 Likes

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by LZAA: 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2019
ibechris:

Afamed right nowgrin

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by noisy45(m): 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
MrMcJay:

See this one.

They would dump a corpse on your land and go and report to the police that you're a kidnapper and ritualist.

On top of that, when police searches your house and sees pump action, you would be begging them to take the land.

They don't try shit with u once u have a military or paramilitary personnel related to the owners of the land or owns the land
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by LZAA: 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
Skepticus:
grin

Lagos is omo onile. Omo onile is Lagos. They are conjoined twins.

Separating Lagos from Omo Onile is like separating Nigerians from bad leaders.

It can never happen.

The Lagos State political and economic system which gets so much hype has an underworld element that most people fail to acknowledge but is highly relevant.

Omo-onile, NURTW thugs, Agberos, task force etc.
So what u are saying is that mrchineke is part of the mc oluomo crew and bows down to jagaban
Immhotep and GMBuharii must hear thisgrin
Cc afamed helinues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by SURELAND: 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2019
ibechris:

This man sounds like an unrepentant tribalist. His likes are the reasons why Nigeria is where it is today.
Hear yourself man. I shame for u.
Travel and see why u need to grow up.
you see you are too daft to get my attention by asking me to travel and you don't know me
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by nextstep(m): 8:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
Not only Lagos oh... they are plentiful here in Delta. I am speaking from painful experiences.
At the end of the day, as somebody already commented: be humble, find them small change, and no worries.

The money you would have used to get police, security, or lawyer, just use this for the omo onnile tax.
It's good to verify and double-secure your documents, tax, forms, etc... but 10k and a smile will work wonders.

RPirez:
Mine was in Owode-Onirin, Lagos. Like 4yrs ago, I acquired 2-plots of land and didn't really do anything on it cuz my parents also live in the neighborhood. I never really had much problem with them and they even protected my land before I eventually built it grin. Once you've settled the main guy, you're good to go but, you go settle before you do foundation, decking and roofing. Whenever I come home for vacation you'll see them hailing me whenever I drive or ride Okada to see my parents ( we all know what that means... "Isolenu"wink… I had to settle them undecided

Whatever is of Ceaser's, you give to Ceaser'scool

Seconded, it's quite similar to my experiences in the smaller towns outside Asaba. I acquired a few plots, and the first sign of trouble was when people came to start breaking the building I was constructing. Or when they won't let the suppliers offload their trucks. Or when I had to settle them again before roofing.

1 Like

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by yommytino(m): 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
Issue of Omo Onile in Lagos has extended to almost all south west states. If you want to commence construction they will collect foundation fee, if you want to roof building another tax, plastering tax, flooring tax, septic tank charge, cement work fee, plumbing fee, Aluminum windows etc. Ikorodu is even worst. Osun state is catching up gradually.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by MrMcJay(m): 8:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
noisy45:

They don't try shit with u once u have a military or paramilitary personnel related to the owners of the land or owns the land

They once sold a land to a soldier. Thereafter, they sold it to a Naval officer.

True life story, in this same Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by ADEMOSU(m): 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
Mixed feelings . Useless and time wasters but on a lighter mood you will hear stories which oba of Lagos does know �.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Think I'm Being Cheated By A Building Contractor. / Victims Defrauded Of N50 Million By Lagos Developer Cry For Refunds (Photo) / Genuine Lekki Estate Land For Sale - N1.5M (C Of O, Installmental Payment)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.