Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences (16624 Views)

Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos / Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. / Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Asquare84(m): 7:29am On Nov 23, 2019
It happen in otrikpo town in Benue state
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by kendsage(m): 7:46am On Nov 23, 2019
I am in Asaba and we have omoniles here. The Government took a hard stance against them sighting that the state is loosing investment opportunities because of the activities of omoniles.
Owologbo:

Nawa for you o. so because you had in one corner close to Asaba, you have to tag the whole state.
I'm from Delta State, and this is my first time of hearing this.
Talking of Lagos, it happens in every corner of Lagos.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by wasaya: 9:37am On Nov 23, 2019
Forum. Available in, English. Owner, Seun Osewa. Created by, Seun Osewa. Website, http://pinoytvlambinganhd.com/ ยท Alexa rank, Increase 986 (September 2019). Commercial, Yes. Registration, Yes. Launched, March 2005. Current status, Online. Nairaland is an online community created by Seun Osewa in March 2005. It is targeted.Nairaland Forum's Competitors, Revenue, Number of Employees, Funding and Acquisitions. ... Nairaland Forum provides threads in entertainment, technology and general discussion categories. ... Nigeria News Forum has been one of Nairaland Forum's top competitors.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by yommytino(m): 9:41am On Nov 23, 2019
bolseas:

Same explerience at Adamo, ikorodu. We had to pay for borehole too
Adamo, Maya, Ewu-Oloye, Igode... Ikorodu generally.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Owologbo(m): 10:12am On Nov 23, 2019
kendsage:
I am in Asaba and we have omoniles here. The Government took a hard stance against them sighting that the state is loosing investment opportunities because of the activities of omoniles.
you don't understand me.
you experienced it in Asaba is not enough to say it happened everywhere in Delta State.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by 8k2nuts: 10:25am On Nov 23, 2019
MrMcJay:

No, they even agreed to wait till it appreciates, sell it and share the money.

While they were waiting, Omoniles sold it to a third person. That one is a civilian.

Jesus christ.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by 8k2nuts: 10:27am On Nov 23, 2019
Owologbo:

you don't understand me.
you experienced it in Asaba is not enough to say it happened everywhere in Delta State.

Guy it happens oh. Almost everywhere. They call it development levy aka deve.

They come out like cockroaches once your cutlass cuts a bleeding grass to start a project.

Freaking bastards.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Cmeo(m): 10:56am On Nov 23, 2019
MrMcJay:
Interesting topic

I'm a real estate lawyer and by virtue of my job, I've come across different countless kinds of Omoniles. I mean, I have been faced by Omoniles with charms, I once had a disagreement with Omoniles on site only to narrowly escape a terrible accident on my way back to the office, I have had several crazy experiences with Omoniles. Let me give 3.

First one was in Agboyi in Ogudu, Lagos. Client bought a plot of land and wanted to start work. Omonile boys came and said he had to pay them before he starts. They chased off his workers and seized the tools. Then, the Property Protection Law of Lagos wasn't in existence. Client called me and was panicking. I told him to calm down. I met with the Omoniles and bought 2 Schnapps for them. I noticed that their leader was the most quiet one and got his phone number. Over the weekend, I called him and asked him to supply us 4 tipper loads of sand. After that, he personally helped us negotiate with the family from 400k to 50k and we paid it in 2 installments. After that day, we didn't have a problem.

Second one happened late last year. A vast portion of land running into acres was bought by someone for investment and when he wanted to start work, Omoniles brought court summons that they had a lawsuit against the family which sold to him. According to them, my client bought from the wrong family, but they refused to raise this until the elderly man who sold to my client died.

The first meeting I had with them ended up on a rancorous note. On my way back, the driver of my vehicle lost control at high speed. We narrowly escaped somersaulting. After that day, I told the Omoniles to go get a lawyer for me to talk to as I wasn't interested in discussing with them anymore. When they got a lawyer, the first question I asked him was "do you want to make case or make money?". From that point, we found a way to resolve it.

The third one, the Omoniles resold a land they initially sold to my client. I got the Baale arrested and promised to write a petition to the State Commissioner for Chieftaincy Affairs that he should be removed from office. I don't know how he did it but my client got his land back and 3 plots extra as compensation.

Omoniles require diplomacy, strong hand, generosity and street smartness in dealing with them. Once they see that you're not afraid and if they mess up, you'll deprive them of getting money. They would avoid getting into your bad books.

Salute!

1 Like

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by ugkk: 11:03am On Nov 23, 2019
Gracealone:
Mine was Ibafo. Paid for 4 plots. I delayed in fencing it, then someone else they collected money from came to cut his own 1 plot and started building it. I later fenced remaining 3 plots. Then after paying every member of the family, each coming and claiming he was cheated in the distribution of the money I paid.

The second phase is one woman in the family calling me for financial support on every occasion they had in the family, but I later told her off on a particular day. She once called me to come to her aid to complete the roofing of her house while I was yet to lay the foundation of mine at the time.
Bleep
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by abimbola74(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2019
yommytino:
Issue of Omo Onile in Lagos has extended to almost all south west states. If you want to commence construction they will collect foundation fee, if you want to roof building another tax, plastering tax, flooring tax, septic tank charge, cement work fee, plumbing fee, Aluminum windows etc. Ikorodu is even worst. Osun state is catching up gradually.
All those things stopped with Aregbesola's administration
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Owologbo(m): 12:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
8k2nuts:

Guy it happens oh. Almost everywhere. They call it development levy aka deve.

They come out like cockroaches once your cutlass cuts a bleeding grass to start a project.

Freaking bastards.
lol, like cockroaches.my brother has a house in Ughelli and he never experienced anything like that.
I'm yet to hear that from any part of Isoko as well.
but since you are talking from experience, I have to agree with somehow.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by princetg: 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2019
There jobless that is the reason. Sonwolu should engage them
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by SwagPower: 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2019
Benjaniblinks:
tongue

can only happen in a brown roof republic. They should try this shiit in the north they will know whatsup undecided
wallai..Kwantar da so as a yi!
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by denziz: 3:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
princetg:
There jobless that is the reason. Sonwolu should engage them
You can engage them, they are use to cheap money.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Equity15(m): 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
long story, my neighbour was building his house at that ikorodu area. they came and chased all the workers and collected thier tools and stayed in the site waiting for the owner to come. the man was even on patrol duty then, when the workers called to inform him on what happened, he just went there with thier patrol hilux loaded with soldiers. before omoh onile run, soldiers don round them up..omoh the man just told the workers to relax, that's it's thier free day. na the omo oniles do thier work for that day, them clear grass, carry block mix cement e.t.c after them finish, he bought them coke and gala grin onto say them be him tribe people(he was Yoruba). since then, them no near that place oh. when I eye witness told us, we laughed our asses well. serves them right, useless people
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by igbanbajo(m): 11:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
MrMcJay:
Interesting topic

I'm a real estate lawyer and by virtue of my job, I've come across different countless kinds of Omoniles. I mean, I have been faced by Omoniles with charms, I once had a disagreement with Omoniles on site only to narrowly escape a terrible accident on my way back to the office, I have had several crazy experiences with Omoniles. Let me give 3.

First one was in Agboyi in Ogudu, Lagos. Client bought a plot of land and wanted to start work. Omonile boys came and said he had to pay them before he starts. They chased off his workers and seized the tools. Then, the Property Protection Law of Lagos wasn't in existence. Client called me and was panicking. I told him to calm down. I met with the Omoniles and bought 2 Schnapps for them. I noticed that their leader was the most quiet one and got his phone number. Over the weekend, I called him and asked him to supply us 4 tipper loads of sand. After that, he personally helped us negotiate with the family from 400k to 50k and we paid it in 2 installments. After that day, we didn't have a problem.

Second one happened late last year. A vast portion of land running into acres was bought by someone for investment and when he wanted to start work, Omoniles brought court summons that they had a lawsuit against the family which sold to him. According to them, my client bought from the wrong family, but they refused to raise this until the elderly man who sold to my client died.

The first meeting I had with them ended up on a rancorous note. On my way back, the driver of my vehicle lost control at high speed. We narrowly escaped somersaulting. After that day, I told the Omoniles to go get a lawyer for me to talk to as I wasn't interested in discussing with them anymore. When they got a lawyer, the first question I asked him was "do you want to make case or make money?". From that point, we found a way to resolve it.

The third one, the Omoniles resold a land they initially sold to my client. I got the Baale arrested and promised to write a petition to the State Commissioner for Chieftaincy Affairs that he should be removed from office. I don't know how he did it but my client got his land back and 3 plots extra as compensation.

Omoniles require diplomacy, strong hand, generosity and street smartness in dealing with them. Once they see that you're not afraid and if they mess up, you'll deprive them of getting money. They would avoid getting into your bad books.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by Bluehill1051: 1:18am On Nov 24, 2019
MrMcJay:
Interesting topic

does this now mean we should suffer too
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by MrMcJay(m): 3:30am On Nov 24, 2019
Bluehill1051:
does this now mean we should suffer too

How?

If there's a way I can help, let me know.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by karo93: 7:22am On Nov 24, 2019
MrMcJay:
Interesting topic

Respect! Are you Harvey Specter or something.....
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by yommytino(m): 6:58pm On Nov 24, 2019
abimbola74:
All those things stopped with Aregbesola's administration
Stopped or Commenced??
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by tunde82seidat(f): 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2019
MrMcJay:

Where to your real estate companies get their lands from? Isn't it the same Omoniles?

From my professional experience, most Real Estate companies are worse than Omoniles in fleecing clients. The genuine ones are very few and they don't make noise or advertise much before their plots get sold out.

like you said there are still few reputable companies and those are the ones we partner with.
Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by seborrhic: 2:30am On Nov 26, 2019
bolseas:

Same explerience at Adamo, ikorodu. We had to pay for borehole too
Not just borehole.
You pay for foundation,
If u reach lintel and delay due to money constraints,you pay for "continuation" anytime you want to restart after lintel,to roofing.
Roofing
Plastering
Soakaway you pay.
The window guy asks you to settle the omo onile or he adds their tax to your bill,ditto the ceiling guy and tiler.
Fencing you pay.
Then borehole.
Of course any building material of yours that gets transported by a truck or tipper,you settle along the routes.
It's crazy

1 Like

Re: Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences by bolseas(f): 11:02am On Nov 26, 2019
seborrhic:

Not just borehole.
You pay for foundation,
If u reach lintel and delay due to money constraints,you pay for "continuation" anytime you want to restart after lintel,to roofing.
Roofing
Plastering
Soakaway you pay.
The window guy asks you to settle the omo onile or he adds their tax to your bill,ditto the ceiling guy and tiler.
Fencing you pay.
Then borehole.
Of course any building material of yours that gets transported by a truck or tipper,you settle along the routes.
It's crazy

Yes o.. the person I quoted listed some of the items you listed too.. it crazy my brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sublet/squatting Tenants Is Refusing To Move. / NEW PROJECT GOING ON NOW! 4 SEMI DETACHED AND 5 BEDROOM FULLY DETACHED duplexes / How To Calculate Or Estimate Longspan Aluminium Roofing Sheets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.