Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Is She Going Mad? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She Going Mad? (523 Views)

Some Girls Are Going Mad All In The Name Of Fashion / 'I Choose Him'- Woman Battered By Her Fiancé Announces She's Going To Marry Him / I Gave Her The Last Kpashn,cos She's Going Back To Delta State 2moro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is She Going Mad? by vybzkartel: 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2019
My friend's wife who is a teacher pestered my friend for months to take a loan for her. After months of fighting, he eventually took that loan, at a huge interest.

Two days after he gave her the said money, this wife brought home a new money counting machine. So all that pestering was about getting a money counting machine. Meanwhile , this my friend is not rich, so we are wondering why such a stuppid investment. He has asked her consistently but she said nothing.

My friend is contemplating divorce because of this; is he justified? Thanks
Re: Is She Going Mad? by Mood11: 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
Maybe she wants to start "ajo" thrift collection business.. grin

Buy her an umbrella, one hard note book and two biro( Black and red). grin
Re: Is She Going Mad? by IceColdVeins(m): 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
She is not mad.
It's tantamount to a student buying an expensive designer wallet with his pocketmoney just to keep the remainder change in it.

Re: Is She Going Mad? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 22, 2019
She wants to start paga business
Re: Is She Going Mad? by dawnomike(m): 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2019
IceColdVeins:
She is not mad.
It's tantamount to a student buying an expensive designer wallet with his pocketmoney just to keep the remainder change in it.
This reminded me of my 200 level days. I bought a very expensive wallet. It was so expensive for me then that for a whole semester the cash in the wallet was never up to the amount i bought the wallet grin until my side hustle in school began to pay my bills.

1 Like

Re: Is She Going Mad? by DanDeeBoss(m): 1:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
It can be likened to the case of "having faith in God"
Re: Is She Going Mad? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
You are probably not gonna like my comment, but I will give it anyways.

I don't mean to insult your friend but in this matter, I have your friend to blame the most.

First is, did he not know the kind of woman he married in the first place?

You see a bad character is a reflection of a bad person. No human being is perfect indeed, we all have shortcomings.

But if someone portrays one bad act, that's really repulsive to the average human mind, in most cases it is a reflection of who the person is.

example is, a guy mistakenly steps on a girl and the next thing the girl would do is to SLAP him. And after that, she didn't see anything wrong with what she did and she wouldn't apologize. what she did gives a hint that the person who did such a thing must be an arrogant person and someone with a bad character.

So that's what I'm trying to say. a bad character is a reflection of a bad person.

my point actually is, someone who would ask her husband to take a loan with huge interest, fight her husband for months because he did not give in to her request and then go on to use the loan to buy a meaningless thing, it's obvious she's relatively an uncultured or unserious or generally a bad person who has the tendency to do more foolish things if given the chance. She is like someone who was sent into a man's life to ruin his life, to drive him crazy, to make him bankrupt e.t.c

So I'd like to ask, did your friend not see any of these traits that could suggest the kind of person she is before marrying her? Did he not do his study well and exert painstaking measures to discern the character of the woman he wants to marry before marrying and was just after her kpekus?

That's one thing.

The second reason why I'll blame the husband is, why the HELL did he not try to discover the reason why she would want a loan before going ahead to get it? didn't he ask questions? Didn't he do research?

Indeed, it's a man's responsibility to cater for his wife but common sense demands that the man should know WHAT exactly he is catering for?

And your friend went on to get a loan with a huge interest, take such a huge risk without there being a clear, reasonable and promising purpose or aim to achieve with the loan.

Now, your friend is in debt, simply because - I am sorry to say - he did not use his sense!

As for whether he should divorce her, that's his choice.

By the way, could it be that the wife is planning something reasonable but hiding it, trying to make it a surprise?

this matter self is somehow.

Ask your friend to pester her seriously concerning what she wants to use the machine for. Ask him to tell her that he's considering divorce and that can only be averted if she can explain why she bought the machine. Even if she's planning a surprise, this will make her compelled to spill it out because she wouldn't want her home broken over a mere surprise.

But if she has no reason to give and has no purpose for buying the machine, then such a lady is what you may call "destiny destroyer". She is in his life to ruin it. So your friend should use his sense and chase such a calamity away from his life before she does worse.

2 Likes

Re: Is She Going Mad? by Bola146(f): 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2019
Jesu mi o grin grin I hope she is alright

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Know About Bahamians? / Man Issues / Facebook Group For Igbo Girls Only - For Girls & Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.