Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? (6216 Views)

OMG! "Beware Of What You Drink"; See What A Man Allegedly Saw In A Can Of Malta / NAFDAC Hits Guinness Nigeria With One Billion Naira Fine / Maggot-like Object In "Unopened" Amstel Malta (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by mesings: 11:29pm On Nov 20, 2010
i bought 2 cartons of Malta Guinness drink a couple of days ago and 14 bottles exploded in my store!! i was so scared when the first bottle exploded i taught someone dropped a bomb in my house i also noticed it now kinda tastes like small stout and my children slept for the whole day after taking a bottle each .Has anyone had this experience or is it just Me?

1 Like

Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by honeric01(m): 11:33pm On Nov 20, 2010
Maybe you should check the store you got it from, you must have got the "aba" version grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

mesings:

i bought 2 cartons of Malta Guinness drink a couple of days ago and 14 bottles exploded in my store!! i was so scared when the first bottle exploded i taught someone dropped a bomb in my house [b]i also noticed it now kinda tastes like small stout and my children slept for the whole day after taking a bottle each [/b]Has anyone had this experience or is it just Me?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by Dsense(m): 11:38pm On Nov 20, 2010
honeric01:

Maybe you should check the store you got it from, you must have got the "aba" version grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

SAMETHING IN MA MIND grin grin grin grin
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by mesings: 11:52pm On Nov 20, 2010
honeric01:

i will definitely go back there and ask for my money back if i find out they re doing anything wrong i will give them hell and report them to nafdac for i just hope i have given my kids poison !!!!!!!
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by ragdollz: 12:46am On Nov 21, 2010
I never liked any of the Nigerian malt drinks, whether Vitamalt, Maltina, SupaMalt or even this explosive Malta Guiness. Any time I drink even a drop, it makes me instantly want to belch. I can't even drink half a bottle without choking. Maybe too much gas in it or what? Now it's exploding!! Hmm, they should check what these pple are putting in the malt cos its not supposed to do that!
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by Osama10(m): 12:53am On Nov 21, 2010
honeric01:

Very Very True.
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by honeric01(m): 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2010
@mesings

When you do that, let us know. cool
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by hackney(m): 1:37pm On Nov 21, 2010
It's MEND.
smiley
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by mesings: 10:14pm On Nov 22, 2010
honeric01:

@mesings

When you do that, let us know. cool

Just confirmed it WAS NOT ABA !!! the guy bought it from and an authorised distibutor of guinness and this explosive/alcholic malta guinness has been in circulation for month.I wish this was a better country i would have sued Guinness for not maaking the public aware

1 Like

Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by honeric01(m): 1:18am On Nov 23, 2010
mesings:

Just confirmed it WAS NOT ABA !!! the guy bought it from and an authorised distibutor of guinness and this explosive/alcholic malta guinness has been in circulation for month.I wish this was a better country i would have sued Guinness for not maaking the public aware

You still can sue them, have you finished all the bottles (the malts)? if not, package the rest, take it to SON or NAFDAC, surely they will do something about it and you will surely get compensation.
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by savesoul(m): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2010
Na waoo, wetin we no go see for this country

Malta Guinness Bomb?! lol cheesy
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by beebop(f): 2:04am On Nov 25, 2010
It sounds like there was contamination in the manufacturing process (possibly addition of yeast) and fermentation is going on in the bottles leading to alcohol production and CO2 thus the exploding bottles.

i don't think it sounds especially dangerous drink wise (though maybe your kids will have a headache) (i'm NO expert but I know a bit of the process of brewing beer and malt beverages are just non-alcoholic beer) but I do think that you should contact the Malta Guinness office and complain to an Oga there(yes i know as per Naija but if people keep 'leaving it to God' nothing will happen). exploding bottles are VERY dangerous and they should be accountable of product safety
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:25pm On Nov 26, 2010
nothing is wrong with malta guiness, must have been an imitation you bought.
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by pareto(m): 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2010
Sometimes back, i never drank any other malt apart from guiness malt. But now, i really dont like the taste
i drink maltina instead.
@poster, may be it is ur room temperature.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:18am On Nov 27, 2010
pareto,
we both got it on the reverse. i for one never drank any other malt than maltina classic for a long time but since i bought a crate one time and noticed particles in some of the bottles- and the taste too seems like is getting worse, i have tactically changed over to guiness malt and have not been disappointed.
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by dustydee: 9:54am On Nov 29, 2010
if you are convinced something is wrong with it , contact the company and threathen to sue them, they'll compensate you with "non-alcoholic" malt. grin
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by jennyo: 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2010
beebop:

It sounds like there was contamination in the manufacturing process (possibly addition of yeast) and fermentation is going on in the bottles leading to alcohol production and CO2 thus the exploding bottles.

i don't think it sounds especially dangerous drink wise (though maybe your kids will have a headache) (i'm NO expert but I know a bit of the process of brewing beer and malt beverages are just non-alcoholic beer) but I do think that you should contact the Malta Guinness office and complain to an Oga there(yes i know as per Naija but if people keep 'leaving it to God' nothing will happen). exploding bottles are VERY dangerous and they should be accountable of product safety

Very correct
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by Nobody: 3:49am On Jan 29, 2011
Explosive Malta Guinness! grin
Re: Something Is Seriously Wrong With Malta Guinness? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:19pm On Jan 29, 2011
this problem should have been resolved by now-or is anybody
still having issues with malta guinness quality?

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of A Perfectly Looking Ogbono And Egusi Soup / Pls Help With Ukpo-ogede Recipe! / Caterers Read Before U Buy Your Cake Stand Mixer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.