Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb (10044 Views)

Buhari Under Pressure To Disband DSS, Nigeria’s Secret Police. / The Nigeria Secret Cult Renunciation Program. / Nigeria Secret Police Details Leaked!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by AloyEmeka5: 2:11am On Nov 21, 2010
[size=14pt]SSS recovers wired bomb vehicle, military items[/size]
Home | News | SSS recovers wired bomb vehicle, military items

Font size: Published 19/11/2010 00:00:00 Nigerian Compass
Kunle Olasanmi, Abuja

THE State Security Service (SSS) has recovered a wired bomb vehicle and some military items allegedly from some of the suspects being held in connection with the October 1 independence anniversary bomb blasts in Abuja.
Spokesperson of the service, Mrs. Marilyn Ogar, told reporters in Abuja yesterday, while displaying the items, that the vehicle, an ash Mazda 626 with Lagos registration number BY 318 FKJ, was recovered from a hotel in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, and towed to Abuja.
Mrs. Ogar said investigation revealed that the car was kept in the custody of a sister to one of the suspects, who is a nursing mother.
Some of the items displayed yesterday were military boots, water bottle, camp tents, 10 bulletproof jackets and camouflage vests.
She added: “At the last briefing, we disclosed that Henry Okah purchased the vehicles used for the bombings. Investigations have further revealed that not all of the vehicles wired for the bombings were detonated hence, one of such has been recovered at a hotel where it was parked and has been towed back to Abuja.
“Also recovered are military items that were sent by Charles Okah to one of the suspects for onward movement to militants in the creeks. They include military boots, water bottle, camp tents and others.
“These items were sent through a popular transport company, which runs cargo courier services from Lagos to Port Harcourt.
“Military items were also found in the recovered vehicles. They include 10 bulletproof jackets and camouflage vests.”
The SSS warned transport companies to be more circumspect in handling goods for customers, adding that they would be held responsible for conveying prohibited items.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/74888-SSS-recovers-wired-bomb-vehicle-military-items.html
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by Blazay(m): 6:03am On Nov 21, 2010
How are we sure they did not plant the bombs themselves?
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by jamace(m): 6:54am On Nov 21, 2010

Which of the "themselves" are you talking about?
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by slap1(m): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2010
Aloy Emeka, every news on Nairaland must not come from you. This 'news' has already been posted. Na wa o! You keep re-posting 'news'. Tomorrow or next you'll tell us GEJ is 53!
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by Kobojunkie: 8:20am On Nov 21, 2010
Yes, how do we know that the authorities are not themselves the ones responsible for these bombs? We keep reading that Okah himself did this and that and not much else in the way of evidence to help us with these claims. How sure are we that the authorities are not producing these bombs? Na the same authorities tell us say MEND no dey responsible, but barely a month later, they are already in battle with MEND. Which one be this?
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 21, 2010
then what is their aim of the bombing,pls can someone explain 2 me?
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by freecocoa(f): 8:43am On Nov 21, 2010
The truth be say all this authority people are not straitforward.
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Yes,[s] how do we know that the authorities are not themselves the ones responsible for these bombs?[/s] We keep reading that Okah himself did this and that and not much else in the way of evidence to help us with these claims. How sure are we that the authorities are not producing these bombs? Na the same authorities tell us say MEND no dey responsible, but barely a month later, they are already in battle with MEND. Which one be this?
What do they stand to gain from such even when many of those killed are security personnel ?
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by Blazay(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2010
jamace:

Which of the "themselves" are you talking about?

Now read the following.

Kobojunkie:

Yes, how do we know that the authorities are not themselves the ones responsible for these bombs? We keep reading that Okah himself did this and that and not much else in the way of evidence to help us with these claims. How sure are we that the authorities are not producing these bombs? Na the same authorities tell us say MEND no dey responsible, but barely a month later, they are already in battle with MEND. Which one be this?

What a way to redeem yourself after the dismal performance in the U.F.O Ejenobor thread.

Just when I had given up hope? Allah be praised.

Bravo!
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by jmaine: 9:36am On Nov 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Yes, how do we know that the authorities are not themselves the ones responsible for these bombs? We keep reading that Okah himself did this and that and not much else in the way of evidence to help us with these claims. How sure are we that the authorities are not producing these bombs? Na the same authorities tell us say MEND no dey responsible, but barely a month later, they are already in[b] battle with MEND[/b]. Which one be this?

Some where rouge ex-militants (Obese) who accepted the amnesty package of the Federal Government and still felt criminality was still lucrative. Guess the Old Guard Ex generals like Farah Dagogo still proved who were the real players of MEND of them days and not this offshoot that wilted so easily. They surrendered without a good fight cos They knew they had no chance against the JTF who had  background knowledge of their territory courtesy The Ex-generals of MEND.

Check out this link: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201011212201632
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 21, 2010
Blazay:

U r a big foool and a disgrace to ur generation for sayin dis,bastarrd.
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

U r really a big junkie as ur name implies,a retarrded one at dat.Idioot.
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by victorazy(m): 10:51am On Nov 21, 2010
Nigeria, we will not rest again of bomb bomb
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by fdigital(m): 11:17am On Nov 21, 2010
You guys just spoke my mind . . .im tired of all this SSS junk stories . . . Only them recovered this, recovered that with no substantial evidence, even other millitary forces are begining to wonder of all this there claims. . . .in fact i just finished speaking with some noteable millitary personels, they said all this are cooked stories to regain their lost glory in the millitary. . .i bet u if okah returns from jail he will rebuke all this their junk stories. .
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by Blazay(m): 11:25am On Nov 21, 2010
Loveangel:

U r a big foool and a disgrace to your generation for sayin dis,bastarrd.

Oko baba e!
Please, stop bleaching.
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by tadeus9: 11:46am On Nov 21, 2010
Interesting story, Nigeria and Nigerians,
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by Pennywise(m): 11:46am On Nov 21, 2010
You can be certain of the ability of our security services to get to the bottom of this. Once they get hold of you over issues of what is considered state security, human right (fundamental or not), anti-torture laws and treaties are all out the window.

While in their custody all your activities, plans, objectives-immediate, remote or suspected come to life in your confessions. You will be amazed at the capacity of your memory center to perform. The lucky ones are those who live to tell abt their experiences.

This is true now as it was during the military regimes because the same actors and players are still very much in the system. One character no matter how peripherally placed can bring the roof down on an entire enterprise in the face of crude torture.

Secondly, the men they are after dont appear to be revolutionaries. They all seem to be businessmen who want more of the good life.

So do the security agencies have the ability to unearth the stated finds, yes. Could they have made it up for some kind of adulation? Possible but not likely.
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by fstranger: 12:11pm On Nov 21, 2010
Blazay:

Oko baba e!
Please, stop bleaching.

If you hate 'Yorubas' so much, why did you learn their language? I am beginning to think that you are a troll; you are a Yoruba man, who makes anti-Yoruba comments for the sole purpose of riling people.
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by cupid4ig(m): 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2010
[b][b]what about the money they recovered? abi na only guns and bombs thieves that is what all of them are [/b][/b]
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by ohaechesi(m): 12:21pm On Nov 21, 2010
omo na wa ooo, what is naija turning into? i wonder oh
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by Blazay(m): 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2010
fstranger:

If you hate 'Yorubas' so much, why did you learn their language? I am beginning to think that you are a troll; you are a Yoruba man, who [size=16pt]make[/size] cry cry cry cry cry anti-Yoruba comments for the sole purpose of riling people.

God forbid!
Back to sender!
Olurun ma je o!
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2010
I just tire for some of these elements who call themselves Nigerians,  I think you are better off being barbarians with no brains, Why is it that whenever anyone tries to make this country better or safer all you do is criticise them? do u have any facts to back up your criticisms u never speak good of any development in this country, and all u do is moan moan and bleeping moan, !!! go get a life people,  Y'all irritate me,  funny enough I find alot of these elements on nairaland where they express their vile tribalistic hatred for other users,  I think y'all brainless,  for real,  I really do, , Its time to double check your appearance in the mirror to find out whether you are really a patriotic Nigerian !!!!!,
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by otokx(m): 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2010
this whole story sounds so good to be true; imagine towing the vehicle from Port Harcourt to Abuja.
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by gidson12(m): 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2010
Their is no extend a politicians wouldn't go when election is close. expect more stories!
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by marvix(m): 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2010
From comments so far we can see that even if the SSS had foiled the Oct 1 bombings and recovered the vehicles before the blasts Nigerians would not believe them.

What do I really care, you all can say what ever you like those who are working will keep working.

The Oct 1 bomb blast would not just be a forgotten case because it was a direct insult to the nation and the president and commander in chief, even GEJ is prepared to give up anybody who has a hand in that blast, even if OBJ is involved there will be no hiding place for him.

We only appreciate foreign things, if the CIA or American security agency said this they would be hailed but because it is ours i*d*i*0ts are askin if them SSS planted the bombs themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2010
Blazay:

Oko baba e!
Please, stop bleaching.
FOOOL like u,who is bleachin??MUMU
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by DrWhizy(m): 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2010
na wa 4 naija pple oooo. Y'all crave 4 a change, in several sectors which as far as i know security is 1 of em. Nd naw d sss is makn a headway of some sort in its investigations nd all we can do is mummur. Pulleez!!! Lts give dem space nd show support. D best we can do is criticise constructively nd positively nt jst makn statements out of mere emotions, hearsay nd calous thinkn. Even if sss has nt been doin perfect( which even d mossad are nt) dere's always a 1st nd mayb dis is were we start 2 gt em rit.
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by serendi9: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2010
in nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by cold(m): 6:03pm On Nov 21, 2010
Blazay:

Oko baba e!
Please, stop bleaching.
grin grin haha,now this is funny
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by MaiSuya(m): 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2010
Na wa O! pre-election intrigues continue. . .
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by mrofficial(m): 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2010
Wey pictures? Na wa for Nigeria. seeing is believing sometimes.
Re: Nigeria Secret Service Discovers Wired Bomb by spikedcylinder: 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2010
Blazay:

Oko baba e!
Please, stop bleaching.

Lwkmd! Na this levels we dey for NL now? grin grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heavy Gunfire Reported In Yobe / Made In Ghana Cars Goes International - Live On Aljazeera / See What Buhari Has Done To Me; Now I Can't Feed (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.