Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

What I Have Learnt Today - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What I Have Learnt Today (213 Views)

What I Have Learnt As A Woman In Real Estate / What I Have Learnt Today / What I Have Learnt Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Have Learnt Today by Instructor: 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2019
What I Have Learnt Today
by Abayomi Disu.
www.hrmconsultings.com

I have learnt that I don’t really want a job.

What I need is self expression and to contribute to a cause I believe in, and serves the good of others.

What I need is ability to cater to my needs and that of my family. And my community.

So I don’t want a job; I need meaning and provision.

Many spend months desperately looking for jobs when what they really need is a means to provide for themselves.

It’s good to seek a job but it’s also good to be clear as to what you really need.

This way your innovative spirit is alert for ideas that may come to you.

Ever wondered how someone in need of a job and after securing it; begins to be a truant “ I am sick � today boss, I am not coming to work today” they say.

This is because, after the job comes reality that “I don’t really want the job; I just need what the job can help me get “

You then discover that the job is not what excites you; it’s not even providing enough for your needs.

So what next? Sadness, disappointment? Another job? Well maybe another job!

But a recipe for unhappiness is to expect from something what it’s unable to provide.

A job in my opinion is a temporary answer to a long term question of personal fulfillment.

Work at a job; but always remember that it’s not an end in itself.

(1) (Reply)

WELL-RESEARCHED 'COOPERATIVE ECONOMICS' Project Topics And Materials. / Nigeria-asia Business Excellence Awards / We Buy And Sell Instantly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.