Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,913 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger (31813 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge: Host Communities Shut Down Julius Berger Office / Julius Berger Installs Live Camera On The 2nd Niger Bridge / Construction Works Begin On Agbara, Lusada Roads In Ogun - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Zubydeangelo(m): 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2019
Very poor grade/score...below standard ❌
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by CsRockefeller(m): 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2019
frowland:

What they do is to sand fill the part they are going to build on just like they sandfilled banana island and people are building houses there now. In this case, they sandfill the part they want to work on, then build the pillars far deeper than the depth of the sea. After builfing this pillars and they are strong enough they will remove the sands and only the pillar will stand.

Wow!!

It still looks unclear to me though, trying hard to imagine the process.

Engineering sounds fun.

1 Like

Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by proudlygunner: 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
wetin do the one wey dey b4?
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by gabicon: 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
Construction pace in Nigeria is too slow and as a result projects are extremely costly.
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by BarrElChapo(m): 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2019
Pls Julius Beger is not global biko its Nigerian construction giant or we'll manage African construction giant

Islie:

https://punchng.com/breaking-construction-works-on-2nd-niger-bridge-28-complete-julius-berger/

Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
ubox:

Is it floating?

A sand fill pattern was used
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
frowland:

It does, even farther.

That pattern wasn't used in this one, they just sandfill it and built the pillars on top

Go check autoreport pictures for more
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by safetyInspector(m): 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
That is massive, whereas the deepest part of River Niger is 30mtrs and probably will not be around that Anambra-Delta area.
frowland:

Yea, its actually 18 story high from bottom of the river to the top.
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by F117nighthawk: 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2019
cyrilamx:
Make una dey read with comprehension. The Contract was signed last year and same year August, Work began. It untrue that work has been going on all these years. It was more of phony work. Actual work started under PMB in 2018.
So u were there when the contract was signed? your submission was completely wrong, go get your facts right,thst contract started under Johanthan
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by kebliss(m): 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2019
Lynx001:
..Julius berger: we hv döne 28%. Release pics and other details.
fg:2nd niger bridge complete. Shows us prototype.
wetin police no go see 4 check point.
but i think the julius berger in nigeria is nt the real öne. Them use 3years do birabi street(gra) for PH. I think is the female version juliana berger
They should use their money to fund to project abi ?
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by kolaaderin: 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
F117nighthawk:
Only in Nigeria, 28% completed after 4 yrs of Jonathan, and 4yrs of APC, A BRIDGE LESS THAN 1 to 2 km, after 8 yrs,a country without shame,filled with shameless leaders
Reading will liberate you. The work started last year September 1st. The whole 16 years of PDP was drawing and fantasy.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by F117nighthawk: 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2019
kolaaderin:
Reading will liberate you. The work started last year September 1st. The whole 16 years of PDP was drawing and fantasy.

You are the ignorant one,continue to decieve yourself and fool the gullible ones,which work started last year,
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Enice(m): 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
BigBizzy:
Really poor...buhari and his e-miscrants...comman talk nonsense again
this bridge was started in 2018 as stated above. you guys were showing us pictures of how gej completed the bridge to 50%. now it is all about buhari? mmx
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by naijadrivablog: 11:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
Islie, you know why I like your posts? The answers to the title wants to sound like IS a LIE grin
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by LZAA: 1:03am On Nov 24, 2019
Donvictor2015:
Good one. More grace PMB. I'm IBO and I think this man is trying for us more even more than the 6 years rule of Jonathan.
Of course you are IBO
So on behalf of all IGBOS please do the needful and...
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed Adaibeku

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 24, 2019
kolaaderin:

Buhari has not added up to 5% of that 28% completed and he done add up to 5% till he leaves office

Stop shouting from ogbomosho for a place u have never visited and for a project u have never seen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 24, 2019
Enice:
this bridge was started in 2018 as stated above. you guys were showing us pictures of how gej completed the bridge to 50%. now it is all about buhari? mmx

Nobody said GEJ took the bridge to 50%, it was buhari n apc that said the bridge is 60% complete before 2019 election
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Nobody: 6:21am On Nov 24, 2019
Ijaya123:
The expected completion date for this project is November 2022. All hands must be on deck to ensure there is no further delay so the government can move on to other important projects.

And put to silence those wailers whose chorus is Buhari has not done anything. I wonder how they will have the mind to travel on that bridge when the time comes.

Buhari hasn't added up to 5% of that 28%.
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 24, 2019
modelmike7:
we don dey get there. nice job FG . This is what the criminal party , PDP, couldn't do for 16 long years. Bastards supported by thieves

Stop screaming from ogbomosho for a project u have never seen and a region u have never stepped foot on
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 24, 2019
Donvictor2015:
Good one. More grace PMB. I'm IBO and I think this man is trying for us more even more than the 6 years rule of Jonathan.

There's no tribe or ethnic group in Nigeria called Ibo
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 24, 2019
contigiency:
And some busy bodies said that Jonathan awarded and started the project. All I have to say is Thank God who gave us buhari.

Afonja thank God for giving u the dullard, stop involving everyone else
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 24, 2019
frowland:

Each pillar you see there is 18 story high. Building such in water under 18 months is not a child's play. The target is 2022 I suppose.

Second Niger bridge was started in 2013 and would have been completed if buhari didn't shutdown the project in 2015, only to restart it in 2018 before the election.

Make una no de deceive una self
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Ijaya123: 8:29am On Nov 24, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Buhari hasn't added up to 5% of that 28%.

Nnamdi Kanu did all the 28%. Does that make you happy?

1 Like

Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 24, 2019
Ijaya123:

Nnamdi Kanu did all the 28%. Does that make you happy?

That makes only Afonjas happy grin grin, they can't exist without Nnamdi kanu
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Ijaya123: 8:32am On Nov 24, 2019
PrecisionFx:

That makes only Afonjas happy grin grin, they can't exist without Nnamdi kanu

You mean that albino fraudster that called his people pigs and idiots?

1 Like

Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 24, 2019
Ijaya123:

You mean that albino fraudster that called his people pigs and idiots?

Live on the dream of carrying Nnamdi Kanu on ur head grin
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Ijaya123: 8:55am On Nov 24, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Live on the dream of carrying Nnamdi Kanu on ur head grin

Or rather my poo on head for his followers to eat from. That's what he deserves from me.
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 24, 2019
Donvictor2015:
Sai mama advocate grin

Cc lzaa helinues GMBuharii Afamed Adaibeku

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Okoroawusa: 9:10am On Nov 24, 2019
All I want is a second bridge on the River Niger that will take me from Asaba straight to Onitsha/Owerri Road without driving through Onitsha town. From there na straight to my village.

Make una dey there dey argue
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Turantula(m): 9:43am On Nov 24, 2019
Nawao but the dead meat BBQ guy/girl said it was within 45-50% complete

Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 24, 2019
F117nighthawk:

So u were there when the contract was signed? your submission was completely wrong, go get your facts right,thst contract started under Johanthan

Which Jonathan

Abeg talk true for once
Re: Construction Works On 2nd Niger Bridge 28% Complete – Julius Berger by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 24, 2019
Okoroawusa:
All I want is a second bridge on the River Niger that will take me from Asaba straight to Onitsha/Owerri Road without driving through Onitsha town. From there na straight to my village.

Make una dey there dey argue

What nonsense.

I never heard that you can go to Gombe through Onitsha......that's no possible.

Stop confusing others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today / Bloody Battle In Sambisa Forest Leaves Three Soldiers Dead / 10 Takeaways From Oshiomhole’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.