Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" (48760 Views)

Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) / Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS / Arewa Consultative Forum Worried Over Dangote, BUA Feud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by Godhatesodomy: 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2019
Wow
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by Omoslim26: 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2019
GMbuharii:

Blame it on ipob.

Shebi they are more concerned about activities of Ogbonna and his 2by2 spareparts shop!?!?

Lzaa immhotep

what is this one saying now �

so this is the most sensible input your brain can produce in a delicate issue as this

or are you just trying to bring in your mumu tribal aguement into this thread?

Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by onyotakom: 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2019
the edifice of progress has always been built on the corpses of other men. SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by Manolo213: 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
do not be afraid NOSDRA is there to fight for you
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by poiZon: 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

stupidity at its best, so we should continue fishing in a lagoon rather than getting our petrochemicals refined

so because of fish protein and income to fisherman , we should deny 200 million people access to cheaper petrol, gas for power and fertilizers for farming

Who told u dangote will sell petrol cheap....

So na fuel you come this world to come buy alone.....
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by 77up(m): 3:33pm On Nov 23, 2019
makdcash:
A common man cannot can, i dont just know the direction of this country,most things ar just upside down.
Turning some part of the water ways to a refinary is what you referred to as upside down because it was at the expense of the fishermen?
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by surgical: 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

stupidity at its best, so we should continue fishing in a lagoon rather than getting our petrochemicals refined

so because of fish protein and income to fisherman , we should deny 200 million people access to cheaper petrol, gas for power and fertilizers for farming

who told you it's going to be cheap,dangote products don't come cheap,if not for monopoly he can't compete
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by solmusdesigns: 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2019
surgical:
who told you it's going to be cheap,dangote products don't come cheap,if not for monopoly he can't compete

it would be cheaper because we aint paying for shipping , so landing cost is reduced... however FG might decide to remove subsidy and make us pay or let dangote dictate its price, either ways its a win win
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by solmusdesigns: 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2019
poiZon:

Who told u dangote will sell petrol cheap....

So na fuel you come this world to come buy alone.....

oga na simple mathematics, dangote aint charging you for shiping finished product and please not shipping isnt a small thing when it comes to pricing
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by surgical: 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
solmusdesigns:

it would be cheaper because we aint paying for shipping , so landing cost is reduced... however FG might decide to remove subsidy and make us pay or let dangote dictate its price, either ways its a win win
me I know with dangote price will go higher than the present 145 naira
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by solmusdesigns: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
backnbeta:

In reality, the disadvantages to man and the ecosystem is more than the advantages undecided

Dangote had its Enviromental Impact Accessment done by a reputable british firm, oil and gas vessels had being berthing in apapa and warri without any spiileage, should we now decide to send dangote to ghana as we sent dunlop and other company with our perssimistic negative world outlook
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by solmusdesigns: 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
surgical:
me I know with dangote price will go higher than the present 145 naira

i cant dispute you but i know FG cant buy higher than what it buys from foreigners
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by nasoeb: 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
Please people, I dont and will never support suicide. Not only does taking life you cant create is condemnable, it baffles me how a president, a governor, a local gov chairman/woman, a councillor and all the fed, state and local gov aids will introduce wicked, anti-people's policies that will cause maximum suffering in the country. While the politicians are in expensive mansions, offices, cars with their families, gfs and concubines enjoying themselves with the peoples money, then one person will just go and die. I ask, leaving who to stand up to this wicked politicians for your suffer?
Listen to me and listen very very well, if the politicians suffer you in your own country and you feel like killing yourself, PLEASE look for the nearest politician and murder him. Then you can commit your suicide in peace.
This way you are sure your children, grand children and love ones wont suffer in your absence. And other uselesss politicians will stop all these rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by baby124: 4:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
I mentioned this when it was first announced. I don’t know the bastards who invited someone to come and set up refinery in a state like Lagos. They think when issues happen they and their future generations will not fall victim. Well I trust Lagos people. When the spills start happening, the company will be chased away. Why not site the refinery where the oil is being explored? Lagos is too populated and filled with marine life for a refinery to be cited there.
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by Tedpgrass: 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

Dangote should just move to Ghana and ship his products to Nigeria since we love to complain so much

There's a balance to things

Govt or Dangote should have arrangements in place to provide rapid response in the event of any environmental accidents.
The insurance to cover this is significant but will ensure a robust corporate governance.

In addition, creating a vocational village or network of villages to protect the indigenous fishing population should be done.

Then there's an equilibrium between capitalism and indigenous culture/tradition!!

Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by solmusdesigns: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2019
since oil vessels had being berthing in apapa and warri how many of such accident have we encountere? or since kaduna and PH began refinering how many of such occurences have we had

Tedpgrass:

There's a balance to things

Govt or Dangote should have arrangements in place to provide rapid response in the event of any environmental accidents.
The insurance to cover this is significant but will ensure a robust corporate governance.

In addition, creating a vocational village or network of villages to protect the indigenous fishing population should be done.

Then there's an equilibrium between capitalism and indigenous culture/tradition!!

Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by AmuDimpka: 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
Godhatesodomy:
Wow
I keep telling all those shouting we host you and you respect your host ...are just bunch of clowns

Those who own Lagos are those that make money in Lagos and those that own property in Lagos

Double your hutsle and stop saying we respect your host ! You must be stupid !

Alaye double your hutsle to be a stakeholder...see as them dey chase people away from their ancestral community...that is capitalism! Money market not some
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by SocialJustice: 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
Lazy people, form cooperatives, get trawlers and go into the ocean to get fish. The era of wooden canoe is over. We resist change too much.
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by idesylvester(m): 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
makdcash:
A common man cannot can, i dont just know the direction of this country,most things ar just upside down.
Everything is upside down not most...
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
RTSC:
Now they would experience what Niger Delta have been experiencing for decades.

The most pristine habitat in Nigeria turned into a stew of hydrocarbons.

I hope you guys would also shut up.
Lol, don't mind them, deltans are use to this already

Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2019
baby124:
I mentioned this when it was first announced. I don’t know the bastards who invited someone to come and set up refinery in a state like Lagos. They think when issues happen they and their future generations will not fall victim. Well I trust Lagos people. When the spills start happening, the company will be chased away. Why not site the refinery where the oil is being explored? Lagos is too populated and filled with marine life for a refinery to be cited there.
So na niger delta nor get marine life abi?, you must suffer what we suffer after all its everyone's oil according to you guys.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by unbitchable(m): 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2019
RTSC:
Now they would experience what Niger Delta have been experiencing for decades.

The most pristine habitat in Nigeria turned into a stew of hydrocarbons.

I hope you guys would also shut up.
If dangote was siting his refinery in Abia or Anambra you would leap for joy. The hypocrisy is in you.
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by ZooOga: 5:25pm On Nov 23, 2019
i would ponder to say that 'the guardian' based in the u.k. is more interested in keeping the present refinery scheme in place that benefits the profits of u.k. based oil companies like british petroleum and royal anglo-dutch rather than the plight of subsistence fisherman in the lagoons.

there's deep levels to modern day economic colonialism. shocked
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by warrantyme(m): 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
goodnews777:
Shithole country. How can a sane individual allow oil refinery in the proximity of a city of several millions of people. They want to destroy Lagos because they have moved to Abuja.
Lagos will be so polluted, people will be dying of lung diseases like crazy. Dangote s businesses strive on blood.
goodnews777:
Shithole country. How can a sane individual allow oil refinery in the proximity of a city of several millions of people. They want to destroy Lagos because they have moved to Abuja.
Lagos will be so polluted, people will be dying of lung diseases like crazy. Dangote s businesses strive on blood.
I don't have much to say
Say the one u can say
goodnews777:
I don't have much to say
Say the one u can say
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
solmusdesigns:

I seriously doubt fuel would get cheaper.
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Dangote had its Enviromental Impact Accessment done by a reputable british firm, oil and gas vessels had being berthing in apapa and warri without any spiileage, should we now decide to send dangote to ghana as we sent dunlop and other company with our perssimistic negative world outlook
You are talking of berthing prochemical product at a port, of course they shouldn't be any spillage, but the activities of the refinery itself should have some hazardous effect on the environment. There's no amount of study that can prevent these hazard.
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by RTSC: 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2019
unbitchable:

If dangote was siting his refinery in Abia or Anambra you would leap for joy. The hypocrisy is in you.
There are two modular refineries going up in the east.
One in imo, and another in abia.
But That is not my point.

My point is that Yorubas are used to insulting the Niger deltans whenever they complain about oil related environmental disaster and marginalisation.

Some of you even blame Niger deltans for their own pollution.

Now suck it up or we will blame you people too.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by unbitchable(m): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2019
AmuDimpka:
I keep telling all those shouting we host you and you respect your host ...are just bunch of clowns

Those who own Lagos are those that make money in Lagos and those that own property in Lagos

Double your hutsle and stop saying we respect your host ! You must be stupid !

Alaye double your hutsle to be a stakeholder...see as them dey chase people away from their ancestral community...that is capitalism! Money market not some

Those who own Lagos are those who make the laws that govern it and control the machinery of the state. Those whose language, culture and tradition are entrenched in the state. You can make money anywhere but don't forget the road that leads to your village.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by lexy2014: 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
solmusdesigns:
angry

Dangote should just move to Ghana and ship his products to Nigeria since we love to complain so much

So what happens to d livelihood of d folks who depend on d lagoon 4 sustenance? How is petrol refining now more important than fishing that u feel d environment should b destroyed in d process?
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by lexy2014: 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2019
solmusdesigns:

What is d conclusion of d EIA? Y did Dunlop and other companies u are referring leave Nigeria? Was it because of environmental reasons?
Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by RTSC: 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2019
And given the fact that the oil would be passed from the Niger delta through the sea to Lagos via pipelines.

God forbid, a pipe gets damaged for any reason and we get the Exxon Valdez scenario once again, right on the gulf of Guinea.

Scary.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Fishermen Lament Over Dangote Refinery: "What Will Be Left For Us?" by solmusdesigns: 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
RTSC:
And given the fact that the oil would be passed from the Niger delta through the sea to Lagos via pipelines.

God forbid, a pipe gets damaged for any reason and we get the Exxon Valdez scenario once again, right on the gulf of Guinea.

Scary.

mumu talk, dangote had always told any listeningscumthat he wants to buy his crude and have vessels deliver it to ibeju lekki seaport

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omofemiwa Ramat Ibrahim Is Dead! Fire Kills Jimoh Ibrahim’s Mother / Angry Nigerian Man Strips Naked At Gtbank To Request Back His Stolen Money / Photos From The Ongoing Protest In Computer Village, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.