Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (34646 Views)

Doctors Share Their Experiences With Nigerian Patients / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses / How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Jalabase(m): 12:38am On Nov 27, 2019
One mad doctor like that almost killed me for my parent.

I was very small that time around 10yrs and was very sick. My mum took me to Asubiaro government Hospital, Osogbo, osun state.

Naso d doctor go give me one mad medication and we wey we no sabi anything went to the pharmacy to get the drugs.

I used it the first day, nothing happened to me so the second day I took the drugs to school to use during break time. And that time it was our class teacher that was teaching us all the subjects, she also keeps drugs for students on medication.

After using the drug I felt somehow but I didnt take it serious. I can't even explain this part It was like I was becoming shorter and my head was entering my neck. In short everything was turning upside down.

My mum was called urgently. as usual d place turned to prayer ground she also requested for palm oil, I drank the oil and the whole thing subsided before taking me to the hospital.

We met that same doctor but I guess he wasn't mad that time. He later treated me and discovered he gave me the wrong medication.

I later discovered the doctor was an usher in my church and that his car was just stolen.

Till today, I still see him but have forgiven him.

I can't forget this experience, my kids will hear the tale.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Correcto: 12:40am On Nov 27, 2019
Poor diagnosis and wrong / high dosage administration of medication is the greatest problem with Nigerian doctors. If I am president tomorrow every medical practitioner will be checked for proficiency regularly. Pharmacists and doctors must work together. Pharmacist must respectfully review the dosage of medication administered to patients. Doctor must consult with lab scientist to get a proper diagnosis. All health and medical workers must work together. I have a comprehensive plan already for them.
IAMCHRISTED:
It is no longer news that the nation's health system is in shambles but some will agree with me that there are great doctors in the system who are so passionate about their jobs.
Share the experience(s) you've had with them.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by midnighter(f): 12:45am On Nov 27, 2019
Correcto:
Poor diagnosis and wrong / high dosage administration of medication is the greatest problem with Nigerian doctors. If I am president tomorrow every medical practitioner will be check for proficiency regularly. Pharmacists and doctors must worked together. Pharmacist must respectfully review the dosage of medication administered to patients. Doctor must consult with lab scientist to get a proper diagnosis. All health and medical workers must work together. I have a comprehensive plan already for them.

And overprescribing... Its not normal to come back from a doctor's appointment with 4 or 5 different drugs except if youre elderly or chronically ill

But they will be handing them out like Tom-tom smh

The world is facing serious antibiotic resistance in the future but as usual, nobody here cares.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by omasohan(m): 12:48am On Nov 27, 2019
Virus99:
I had typhoid based on the test result... And the Doctor's only solution is drip.
Even before the test result came out, he already put me on drip.

He was about to give me the 5th drip in just 2 days... When my brothers refused.

The man is notorious for giving people drip.

I heard someone fell into a well, upon the person's rescue and taken to the same hospital the doctor was busy administering drips!

Imagine! Someone rescued from inside water and yet being hammered with water grin grin grin

Ha ha

Wetin happen, the doctor na Mami water?

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by midnighter(f): 12:49am On Nov 27, 2019
jiddama:

Imagine with our population and bad disease surveillance, I shudder to think what Ebola would have done in Nigeria.

That woman and her team are the best thing to have happened to Nigeria.

Exactly and our bad attitude, Im sure people would have started bribing their way out of quarantine smh.

They really tried for us, I wish they hadnt had to die because of their selflessness.

God just bless all their souls

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by thiagoteres(m): 12:52am On Nov 27, 2019
midnighter:

They were just using that woman as a scapegoat.

Her supervisor didnt show up and left her to look after like 50 patients alone. Then they allowed him to fly back to Ireland

The staff swapped the boy to another bed without informing her. The bed they moved him to had an order saying not to resuscitate if the patient fell unconscious and thats how he died

The people who wanted to sack her are a bunch of racists.

U really have time explaining o.
Not worth it .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by lukui: 12:53am On Nov 27, 2019
there are still good ones amongst them. bad people don't make good people bad.

had back ache some months back, then I went to a private hospital, name withheld for security purpose. It was 5am. The gate of the hospital was still locked. I knocked and knocked and knocked all to no avail. Later some nurses came and asked "Who is that?" . I said its me that I am having backache. They said that the doctor isn't around and he won't be around until 9am. Omo I won collapse for gate. Minutes later I saw a bikeman and explained myself to him. He said he knew an hospital that does 24hours that we should go there. Getting there, I was attended to by the nurses. I got injection and collected drugs. I was asked to come later for the remaining injection but I just collected 2out of 3.

don't blame Nigerian doctors and nurses, honestly they are trying, its not their fault, the system has collapsed!!!

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Analog95(m): 12:54am On Nov 27, 2019
In the year 2017, my 6 month baby developed seizure (I have forgotten the medical name for it) in the middle of the night and with the help of neighbours she was revived back to life. then early morning around 7am i and my wife rushed to Oni and sons hospital in Ring road, Ibadan.
when we got there, they said we need to register and collect card and other stuffs like that and the person that is suppose to give us card haven't come. around after 8. and being my first child and no experience yet I was already crying. I never knew I wasn't strong self, even the mother feels stronger than me that day. so I moved closer to one of the woman that works there that she should help me so she gave me the contact of a doctor that he is the assistant director of the hospital but also has his own private hospital in Oriya after challenge. so we rushed there. on getting there he said we should deposit 25k so that he can start treating her which i went back to challenge to withdraw and pay immediately. we are in the hospital for more than 2 weeks yet he keeps treating her and this baby is not showing signs of getting better. it got to a point, she will be cold outside and when you check her temperature it is 39.°
after two weeks I just change it for him that I'm taking my baby away from there that he never even tell me the problem and he keeps treating her and he said she has meningitis. wait how could a baby who is having seizure like she fainted be having meningitis even as a graduate of mechanical engineering I know that is never meningitis so I told him I'm withdrawing her and he said I cannot withdraw her. I was like, it is like you are mad sir. After paying 25k and bought drugs up to like 20k and I'm not seeing change you said I can't withdraw her. should I leave her to you then. this idiot start telling me he is an advocate of children. and I was should I involve the police or you feel like being unfortunate. so he said I will have to fill a form that I was the one that withdraw my baby and I will pay 37k for the 2 weeks we used in the hospital which I did immediately and left. Today my baby is exactly 3 years old she celebrated her birthday today 26th of November. the funny thing is that my dad just told me to use one herb for her, Agbo Iletutu(the Yoruba's understand that). Infact if i see that doctor tomorrow, I can pay people to beat him up.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by midnighter(f): 12:55am On Nov 27, 2019
thiagoteres:

U really have time explaining o.
Not worth it .

Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Emilokoiyawon: 12:56am On Nov 27, 2019
naijadrivablog:
One of them stole a Nairalander's babesad
angry

Correction: he did not steal her. He fvcked her vigorously and severally then dumped her. Her worn out t0t0 is still available if they guy wants to go back to his vomit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by maestroferddi: 1:00am On Nov 27, 2019
Thank God for the 1 percent of good Nigerian doctors making up for the lapses and inadequacies of the remaining 99 percent.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by jibrilELsudan: 1:02am On Nov 27, 2019
If I open my mouth to share my experience, Nigeria will burn.

1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 27, 2019
naijadrivablog:
One of them stole a Nairalander's babesad
angry
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by meum: 1:04am On Nov 27, 2019
Virus99:
I had typhoid based on the test result... And the Doctor's only solution is drip.

He was about to give me the 5th drip in just 2 days... When my brothers refused.

I heard someone fell into a well, upon the person's rescue and taken to the same hospital the doctor was busy administering drips!

Imagine! Someone rescued from inside water and yet being hammered with water grin grin grin

grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by anselm791(m): 1:14am On Nov 27, 2019
hahahahaha.
quite interesting thread.
my only prayer is that when we do get sick and helpless which we all must as human beings, may our relatives have more sense than we currently do to take us to a hospital.
amen.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 27, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

You think they welcome them and just allow them to touch patients anyhow? They dont have a choice thays why they look at you guys. See that Niggerian woman dr that a boy died in her hands. The questiin everyone was asking was why they allowed her handle that case without supervision
As a nigerian doctor coming to the US to practice u wont be allowed to just practice like that.You will write a sort of exam they call the US medical licencing exam(USLME).The ones who are succesful in the exams are then retrained.Nigerian doctors overall they try cos if u see am we lack facilities in naija.you can imagine in some govt hospitals they have to perform surgery with chinese rechargable touchlights and candles cos no light and no diesel to power the generators. but then there some naija doctors wey dey fuk up and give a bad image about doctors in naija.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Correcto: 1:19am On Nov 27, 2019
My focus is mostly on intravenous medication
midnighter:

And overprescribing... Its not normal to come back from a doctor's appointment with 4 or 5 different drugs except if youre elderly or chronically ill

But they will be handing them out like Tom-tom smh

The world is facing serious antibiotic resistance in the future but as usual, nobody here cares.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by thiagoteres(m): 1:21am On Nov 27, 2019
midnighter:

And you had time to read it. Was it worth it? Get out.

That doctor wasnt at fault and Im happy to correct anybody on that. The way they tried to mess her up wasnt fair at all

Like I said, just get out if you dont know what to say. When they accuse of you something lets hope people find your story "worth it" smh
U obviously have a comprehension problem.
I only gave u a simple advice.
It's common knowledge she was unduly vilified and justice has been long served.
If someone with access to internet deliberately choose to twist facts, allow him wallow in his folly.
The thread was suppose to celebrate judging from the op but it has turned to yet another doctor bashing thread.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 1:21am On Nov 27, 2019
Johnny1013:
This is a true life story.....Went to a government hospital and I had headache and the Foolish idiot told me to take Ibuprofen .No jokes ,Na im I no sey God is in control
Olodo
Na antiretroviral dem for give u before?

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 27, 2019
Virus99:

might be a quark.not every person u see wey wear white coat be really doctor.there some ppl wey no smell medical sch but they pass themselves as doctors and perform operations with casualties on the lines.abi u never hear say ppl don dey buy mbbs under mango tree d same way they buy other degrees in nigeria? abeg naija system is completely messed up.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 1:23am On Nov 27, 2019
badboy92:
They killed my father few months ago, we rushed him to the hospital they said no deposit no treatment, at around 1am in the morning with no atm card.

And yes, it's a private hospital.

Nigeria has failed a lot of people, don't blame people wanting to run away, nothing works in this country

RIP dad
Guy
Go burn that hospital
Those bastards don't deserve mercy and forgiveness

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Omoluabi16(m): 1:24am On Nov 27, 2019
Had a serious health issue years back, that required immediate diagnosis. I really doubted if I was going to last the next 24 hours......Then the government hospital scheduled my appointment for 3 month's time.

Private hospitals will always give value for money. Very friendly doctors and motherly nurses. The Young nurses are always beautiful too.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by midnighter(f): 1:25am On Nov 27, 2019
thiagoteres:

U obviously have a comprehension problem.
I only gave u a simple advice.
It's common knowledge she was unduly vilified and justice has been long served.
If someone with access to internet deliberately choose to twist facts, allow him wallow in his folly.
The thread was suppose to celebrate judging from the op but it has turned to yet another doctor bashing thread.

I do not have any comprehension problem; your tone was ambiguous.

But since I misunderstood you, I have modified. Im glad we are on the same page.

I was really sorry for that woman and the way they destroyed her reputation

The thread is neutral, if it was supposed to celebrate she would have written "Share your positive experiences with doctors". She wrote with a positive attitude but not one strong enough to influence the mood. So naturally most comments would be negative

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by DaveOjeh(m): 1:29am On Nov 27, 2019
Take heart bro.......
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 27, 2019
midnighter:

But since I misunderstood you, I have modified. Im glad we are on the same page.

The thread is neutral, if it was supposed to celebrate she would have written "Share your positive experiences with doctors". She wrote with a positive attitude but not one strong enough to influence the mood. So naturally most comments would be negative

Babe, you’re too hyper. Calm down.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 27, 2019
imolile:
With Hausa as President, don't expect a revamp in any institution. They are the most daft, most backward race in Nigeria. Nigeria will never Progress as long as Hausa still hold the position of Power. Nigeria is stunted. You cannot have the best University, they are backward. No institution in the North is classified best in anything, Nepotism is their styles, where they remove every southerner and put a dull person in every position of Power
It has been going on for too long and the Intelligent Ibos and Yorubas are just too docile to reject the rubbish

Don't blame the Doctors, they are working under a terrible circumstance

*In my country, Nigeria, Ibo men are looking for money... And they have it...*

*Yoruba men are looking for education...*
*And they have it...*

*Hausa men are looking for power...*
*And they have it...*

*But the Hausa men are controlling both those with money and those with certificates...*

*A man in power can control a man with money and with degrees...*

*You can hate a man with power...*
*But you are still under him...*

*You can speak grammar more than him...*
*But you are still under him...*

*Just one decision he will make can affect your source of money...*

*If he gets angry and effects a policy, all your degrees might be useless in your hands...*

*That is why all Jesus promised His disciples was not money or scholarships...*

*But He said: "And ye shall receive power..."*

*Because He understands that there are powers...*

*Don't just pray for promotion in the office ..*
*Pray for promotion in the school of Power...*

*They can raise your salary, yet, a 9-year old girl with demonic powers can be controlling how you spend the salary...*

*Your father might have ended the way he did because of powers that fought him...*

*What your family is passing through might be because of inherited powers ...*

*Thank God for your degrees and business ideas...*

*But ma/sir, look for the Power of God ...*

*As you go to church don't ask God for money as usual ...*

*Cry to God for His Power...*

*How far could the Apostles have gone in life without the endowment of the Power from on High? ...*

*Can you see why Jesus told them not to move an inch without the power?...*

*Don't you think that what you are going through in that business or marriage is because you went in without the power of God?...*

*You need the Power of God...*

*If you are reading this, God might be depending on you to change the condition of your family...*

*School degrees and business ideas might have failed...*

*Can you cry to God for His power this day? ..*
. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by EasternPrince: 1:47am On Nov 27, 2019
midnighter:

@thiagoteres this one definitly has comprehension problems and if you don't see eye to eye with her you are in for it. She bites so look out.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by luminouz(m): 1:48am On Nov 27, 2019
Teebilion:
The thread would have been more interesting if it were
‘ Share your experience with Nigerian NURSES’

But still

1 .while serving in lokoja , A female doctor was giving me injections and receiving call , left the injection in my ass to be replying chats

2. Refusal to treat my dying friend less we registered, buy a card and pay in advance , coz we were broke , all our pleas went into deaf ears

3 . Waited Four and half hours for the doctor to tell me ‘you are fine ‘

Your number one had me guffawing like a mad man. grin

Nice one,I really needed that laugh

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 1:52am On Nov 27, 2019
I remember going to the hospital when I was around the age of 10 or so. When it was my turn to see the doctor, I went in. He asked what was the problem. I told him I had malaria. He looked at me, and asked the same question, I replied with the same answer. He now said, since you already know what you have, why are you here? That’s when it dawned on me that I should tell him symptoms...lol. After explaining the symptoms, he scribbled something on a paper and gave me.

When I left the office, I checked the paper. Normally, I wouldn’t have checked, would have just gone to the pharmacy/injection department. But something said I should check. I saw 10 injections two per day. I laughed. Went outside the hospital, tore the paper and went home (this was someone that vomitted blood just before she went to see the doctor o).

Days later, I returned with my dad and this time met with a female doctor who ordered for a test first. They saw the typhoid was already at a dangerous level. The lady understood somehow that I didn’t like injections, and prescribed drugs for me.

From my other experience with doctors, one thing I’ll say is female doctors are better. They are naturally caring.

Male doctors will only transfer aggression on you or try to play on your intelligence especially if you’re a female. That’s how one useless doctor wanted to sleep with me in the name of collecting samples.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by luminouz(m): 1:56am On Nov 27, 2019
Virus99:

You're MAD grin grin grin grin grin

THE DRIP DOCTOR SEASON ONE. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by anselm791(m): 1:56am On Nov 27, 2019
luminouz:

Your number one had me guffawing like a mad man. grin
Nice one,I really needed that laugh
at this time of the morning?
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by luminouz(m): 1:57am On Nov 27, 2019
maiahsaiah:
I remember going to the hospital when I was around the age of 10 or so. When it was my turn to see the doctor, I went in. He asked what was the problem. I told him I had malaria. He looked at me, and asked the same question, I replied with the same answer. He now said, since you already know what you have, why are you here? That’s when it dawned on me that I should tell him symptoms...lol. After explaining the symptoms, he scribbled something in a paper and gave me.

When I left the office, I checked the paper. Normally, I wouldn’t have checked, would have just gone to the pharmacy/injection department. But something said I should check. I saw 10 injections two per day. I laughed. Went outside the hospital, tore the paper and went home (this was someone that vomitted blood just before she went to see the doctor o).

Days later, I returned with my dad and this time met with a female doctor who ordered for a test first. They saw the typhoid was already at a dangerous level. The lady understood somehow that I didn’t like injections, and prescribed drugs for me.

From my other experience with doctors, one thing I’ll say is female doctors are better. They are naturally caring.

Male doctors will only transfer aggression on you or try to play on your intelligence especially if you’re a female. That’s how one useless doctor wanted to sleep with me in the name of collecting samples.

Lol...the doc. was tripping for you

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Final Year Student In Okopoly Commits Suicide After Girlfriend Dumped Him / Kids Eating Eba With Dirty Water In Delta State / Burial Of Man, 2 Daughters Who Died After Taking Traditional Medicine In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.