Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Car Clearing Agents Now Defrauding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Car Clearing Agents Now Defrauding? (203 Views)

Why Is MTN Clearing Our Debt? / See How Karma Paid This Lady Back After Defrauding Her Ex And Later Dumped Him / Sugar Mummies Online Direct Contact (phone Numbers) Without Agents - See Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Car Clearing Agents Now Defrauding? by techlawcrat: 1:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
I had contracted a car clearing agent to help me clear a 2011 Toyota Corolla LE from Tincan port, which he told me will cost me about 700k for both clearing and customs duties. I paid him the full amount immediately the car arrived and that's over 3 weeks ago.

It's been over 3 weeks(1st November) since the car arrived but it's been one story to the other. The first week he said he requested for the car to be transferred from tincan to Grimaldi (the shipping company in mile 2) for easy carriage. The second week he claimed they are yet to key the car into the system and without that the car cant be released. Third week is over and it's the same story.

For the past 3 days now he hasn't picked my calls and has neither called to intimate me with any update.

I am now so confused as to what steps to take and I am beginning to think otherwise. Should the guy want to abscond with the car or something, what steps can I take?

NP: Have once used him to clear a Toyota Camry 2012 last year and nothing like this happened.

Please move to front page as I need valuable response in this regard. Thanks

Cc
Lalastica
Mynd4
Re: Car Clearing Agents Now Defrauding? by Chikpat(m): 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
Inform police, sss and also go to customs office with proof of payment and talk to the customs guys yourself

(1) (Reply)

Individual Lives, Path And Choices. / Nigeria Australia Business Excellence Awards / 6 Healthy Relationship Habit Your Kids Are Learning From You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.