Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo (14876 Views)

Napoli President Sets €200m Price Tag On Osimhen, Says "Only PSG Can Afford Him" / Super Eagle’s To Drop 7 Players including Mikel and Ighalo For Seychelles Game / Mikel Obi And Ighalo Exchanging Pleasantries Before A Chinese League Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by emjayyoungwiz12: 4:26am On Nov 24, 2019
Osimhen reveals he wants to set Super Eagles all-time goals record
Victor Osimhen wants to be Eagles great

Victor Osimhen has revealed he hopes to set a new all-time goals record with the Super Eagles.
The late Rashidi Yekini holds the record having scored 37 goals for Nigeria during his illustrious time with the Super Eagles.

Osimhen, 20, has now scored two goals for the country at full international level after he set an all-time record of 10 goals at the 2015 FIFA U17 World Cup in Chile.

He has now said he also wishes to be remembered as an Eagles great.
“I want to be remembered as one of the greats, like (Rashidi) Yekini, Odion Ighalo and others,” he said in an interview monitored by SCORENigeria

“I want to do well and even surpass their records.
“But it’s not about my own personal ambition, more about what the team can achieve.

“I believe I will get there.”
The Lille striker has been widely regarded as a replacement for Ighalo, who quit international football after this year’s AFCON in Egypt.
However, Osimhen has maintained it will be disrespectful to be compared with Ighalo who he said has achieved far more than he.

“Ighalo is a legend. It’s disrespectful to compare me with him because he has achieved a great deal more even with all the pressure,” he said.
“He’s more experienced, while I am just growing and still have a lot more to learn.
“He has given me some candid advice and I am using them.”
https://www.footynaija.com.ng/2019/11/i-want-to-be-better-than-yekini-and.html

10 Likes

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Bluntguy: 4:49am On Nov 24, 2019
I support you. That will even be to our advantage.

29 Likes

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by femi4: 5:51am On Nov 24, 2019
He can....that mere 33goals record is long overdue to be broken.Especially now that the team is making use of FIFA free windows for friendly matches

27 Likes

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Dinirojones(m): 5:52am On Nov 24, 2019
Odion ighalo tried sha.....he was just taken for granted nd insulted most times....

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Nvc078: 5:54am On Nov 24, 2019
He is already better than Ighalo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by solmusdesigns: 5:55am On Nov 24, 2019
cool

Osimhen would be better than them he has age on his side, i pray he doesnt get injured or become distracted like ihenacho

Nigeria needs to hire new technical crew to assist rorh

9 Likes

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by tayebest(m): 5:55am On Nov 24, 2019
Dinirojones:
Odion ighalo tried sha.....he was just taken for granted nd insulted most times....

Ah swear, only just that Nigerians don't forgive grin

9 Likes

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Nvc078: 5:55am On Nov 24, 2019
femi4:
He can....that mere 33goals record is long overdue to be broken.
If it's during this VAR era,he wouldn't score pass 13 goals
Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by femi4: 5:55am On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:
He is already better than Ighalo
let him score 16 goals and win Afcon highest goal scorer first

23 Likes

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by ikorodureporta: 5:56am On Nov 24, 2019
make vlage ppl hear

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by femi4: 5:56am On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

Its other way round. More goals are scored with VAR, also the goalkeeper staying on goal line makes penalty easier to score now

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Nvc078: 5:57am On Nov 24, 2019
femi4:
let him score 16 goals and win Afcon highest goal scorer first
Let him get to the age ighalo did it first
Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Nvc078: 6:00am On Nov 24, 2019
femi4:
Its other way round. More goals are scored with VAR, also the keeper staying on goal line makes penalty easier to score now
Lol,lie.
Lesser goals are scored with VAR.check history of EPL and other leagues that uses VAR.

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by femi4: 6:00am On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

Let him get to the age ighalo did it first
lol....its not about age, its about opportunity. Its his time now, let him use it well

Before he reaches Ighalo's age....another young striker would have emerge
Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Nvc078: 6:02am On Nov 24, 2019
femi4:
lol....its not about age, its about opportunity. Its his time now, let him use it well

Before he reaches Ighalo's age....another young striker would have emerge
If he keeps improving like he is doing,I don't see any opportunity for a younger striker

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by rawpadgin(m): 6:03am On Nov 24, 2019
grin
Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by amamahdaniel(m): 6:05am On Nov 24, 2019
If you believe you will definitely achieve it. My advice for you is that, you should not start been selfish in front of goal because you want to break that record. I wish you all the best.

Nairaland please vote for me as The Best AHOC OF THE YEAR.
My name is AMAMAH. FOLLOW THE LINK AND VOTE FOR ME. GOD will do something GREAT in ur life before this year end. AMEN.

https://headply.com/wd2ba/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by kelvxyn: 6:11am On Nov 24, 2019
Time shall tell.
Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Youngjohnosas: 6:17am On Nov 24, 2019
he is a good player,very fast,good physique and can give defenders problems alot,i see the future in him. just more focus and dedication he will be a bargain in the super eagles.
Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by martowskin1(m): 6:20am On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

Does this make sense to u? I wonder the kind of comparison u guys make this days.

Pele holds the record of 1000 career goal and he is still respected for such achievement by his people, no one said "IF"

But Nigerians hate will no allow u guys think straight

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by toprealman: 6:21am On Nov 24, 2019
femi4:
Its other way round. More goals are scored with VAR, also the goalkeeper staying on goal line makes penalty easier to score now
Say what Make Arsenal fans no hear this abeg
Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Nvc078: 6:24am On Nov 24, 2019
martowskin1:

Does this make sense to u? I wonder the kind of comparison u guys make this days.

Pele holds the record of 1000 career goal and he is still respected for such achievement by his people, no one said "IF"

But Nigerians hate will no allow u guys think straight
Don't rush on someone's mention when your brain is still booting.Where in the post did I "disrespect" Yakinee? I guess nowhere. Okay to satisfy your inquisitive, [b]if it's during this VAR era, Pele wouldn't score pass 500 goals.[/b]Happy now?

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by bamasite(m): 6:25am On Nov 24, 2019
We pray so!
Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Muhylonaire(m): 6:27am On Nov 24, 2019
Lol yekini or yakubu... What is the difference between Ighalo and the idiot that couldn't score empty net grin grin
Better compare yourself with better players... Ode

Yekini still good sha... But oga no dey compare yekini and ighalo o grin

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by OakConsultNG: 6:33am On Nov 24, 2019
Interesting..

Check out our signature and page for your company and business registrations.
Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by abeliver: 6:35am On Nov 24, 2019
But how is Ighalo even a Nigerian​ Great?....

Instead of Focusing on better players,na Ighalo

2 Likes

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Strawberryg(f): 6:35am On Nov 24, 2019
Wilder vs Ortiz live now...
Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Hubsolar: 6:36am On Nov 24, 2019
He's already on the path
Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Strawberryg(f): 6:37am On Nov 24, 2019
Wilder just knocked out ortiz
Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Bobrisky1: 6:39am On Nov 24, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

Osimhen would be better than them he has age on his side, i pray he doesnt get injured or become distracted like ihenacho

Nigeria needs to hire new technical crew to assist rorh
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 24, 2019
Ighalo's NT team goals should be more than 2 nah
Re: Osimhen Says He Wants To Be Better Than Yekini And Ighalo by 0monnak0da: 6:48am On Nov 24, 2019
Nvc078:

Don't rush on someone's mention when your brain is still booting.Where in the post did I "disrespect" Yakinee? I guess nowhere. Okay to satisfy your inquisitive, [b]if it's during this VAR era, Pele wouldn't score pass 500 goals.[/b]Happy now?
I think the assertion that VAR leads to MORE or FEWER goals is unfounded.

This is a claim that needs RESEARCH

Not beer parlour assertions

There is really no evidence that VAR has an impact on an individual's goal scoring record

VAR will lead to some goals being awarded and some being disallowed to then discuss the overall impact we need longitudinal studies

One cannot compare 1 year of VAR with 100 years of history
#
It has to be like for like comparison

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Saturday Pool Banker Draws / Burkina Faso Vs Togo - AFCON 2013 (1 - 0) On February 3rd 2013 / Jose Mourinho Gives Reason Why He Can’t Be Sacked At The Moment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.