Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It (58608 Views)

UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) / UNN To Host Conference On Witchcraft / Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by BreconHills(m): 5:39pm On Nov 24, 2019
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement
4. Freedom of association.

All you snowflake Christians should go sit somewhere and allow people do their stuff. Isnt that the Love Jesus preached?

Freedom of speech also includes the right to protest. Freedom of speech involves the right to speak as well as the right to protest against what is being spoken. What is important is that no one resorts to violence or an incitement to violence.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Keenmind2019(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2019
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement

All you snowflake Christians should go sit somewhere and allow people do their stuff. Isnt that the Love Jesus preached?
It's a crime to be a witch. It was passed into law during the era of Arch Bishop Benson idahosa.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:13pm On Nov 24, 2019
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement

I have always known this one to be an ekwensu agidigbo 1 all this while...

that's why he was always bannin me that year for nairalander here.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Silentflute1234: 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2019
leave them jare, witch is different from the winch people we have here
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by dumodust(m): 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2019
themanderon:

Esoteric is becoming exoteric. The secret societies are all coming out in plain sight. You can see this in movies, musicals and even the cartoons kids are watching . The goal is to introduce what is known as the "New age religion" which has to do with the world accepting what they call the "True light of Lucifer".
Conferences like this are simply designed to familiarize people with what was initially known as "Esoteric knowledge" of the dark arts.
Initially they denied their own existence but we are now living at a time where everything must be unveiled so people can receive the true light of Lucifer as they call it.
Google Albert pikes letter detailing plans for 3 world wars.
Shows that we are living at the end of times where the prophesies in the book of revelations must be fulfilled.
Prepare yourself for what's coming!!!
Go and read carefully about what the conference is actually about and stop extrapolating and yapping here... It's an academic conference probably on the roots and why we ever even believed in a shitload of stuff like witchcraft. People have been wrongly accused and killed including children... Nigeria is definitely heading to the dark ages
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by dumodust(m): 6:36pm On Nov 24, 2019
lucianohase:
If na for ABU or any higher institution in the far Northern part of Nigeria that such conference is destined to be held, this lecturer and all those planning such event won't leave to tell the stories of what would happen. Their families would have ran away from Nigeria by now.
I don't understand the analogy... Is this your statement supposed to validate or make it right or wrong? So killing people now in the name of religion is a virtue to extol. Later we Christians will complain of persecution... Meanwhile all this ventilation is on an academic conference. The university is a place of open discourse and not a church
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Mariangeles(f): 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2019
[s]
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement

[/s]
Where does Seun get you guys from ?
Do you all have an association or what ? Hmm?
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by favour32(m): 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2019
As Christians and Muslims seek their parts to enlightenment,so others can.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Champagnegold: 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2019
Tomorrow some bigots will be fighting for a diety.....
inthe name of virgins
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by VanSARS: 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2019
nwekeugochukwu:
IgbereTV reports that despite the cancellation of the booked venue for a witchcraft conference to be held in Enugu state, the organisers insist that they are proceeding as planned and will announce a new venue soon. Director of the B.I.C Ijomah Centre for Policy Studies and Research, Professor Egodi Uchendu, made this news available to IgbereTV. He said that the protest and campaign by the Christian Association of Nigeria and Christian students in the University of Nigeria (UNN), Nsukka will not deter them from holding the academic conference. “Freedom of speech is a fundamental human right. Apostle Joshua Selman CAN and others are free to express their opinions just like we have the freedom to have an academic conference on witchcraft”, Mrs Uchendu, a professor of history said. “I’m delighted that the conference is generating the debate it should across the nation. Nigerians should look critically into the subject of the conference and identify how it’s impeding our national existence and personal experience”. She absolved the UNN of blame for the cancellation of the booking for Energy Centre, as venue for the conference, billed to begin 26 November.

She said the centre is owned by the Federal Government and is domiciled in the UNN. Prof Uchendu said; “UNN DID NOT deny us use of Energy Centre. Energy Centre did. Energy Centre is a Federal organ domiciled in UNN. It’s not controlled by UNN. Their decision to deny us their venue may not even be known to UNN”. The conference on witchcraft has generated controversy since it was announced that it would take place in UNN Nsukka.

Students, believing that witches and wizards would descend on UNN, during the conference, printed posters decrying the plan. They were joined by the Christian Association of Nigeria, which escalated the opposition and urged Christians in the South East zone to embark on prayers to dissuade the organisers from holding the conference. Chairman of CAN in the South-East zone, Bishop Dr Goddy Okafor demanded that the programme be called off immediately. Okafor said; “I call on all Heads of Blocks, State Chairmen and other Stakeholders of Christian Association of Nigeria South-East Zone to take up aggressive prayers against the planned convention of Witches and Koinonia Wizards slated to hold on November 26 at UNN. “This convention is not of God and must not hold in Jesus name. Exodus 22:18 says, ‘Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live’. “I hereby direct, all Christian Churches in South East of Nigeria to take up lamentation and pray against this evil movement in all our churches this coming Sunday. “I also call upon all Christian Campus Fellowship Groups and other Christian Students’ Associations to join in this effort and stand up for JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD against this evil development in South East Of NIGERIA.”

http://igberetvnews.com/1158552/unn-witchcraft-conference-will-hold-christians-cant-stop-prof-uchendu/
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by wildernessVoice: 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
Let them gather, if their gathering is not of God they shall be scattered by Fire in Jesus name.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by redsun(m): 11:18pm On Nov 24, 2019
Crazy education. They are supposed to be advanced learners in one of the "best universities"in the rogue country,but their cognitive ability is like that of children that couldn't wait to wake up on Christmas morning and open the miraculously placed present under the Christmas tree by Santa claus.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Drabrah(m): 3:11am On Nov 25, 2019
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Drabrah(m): 3:14am On Nov 25, 2019
maynation:
If you are going to attend, let's gather here please.

----------------
On a serious note, this conference is on witchcraft and not a gathering of witches and wizards. The people standing against its materialization shouldn't even be Christians nor Muslims but witches and wizards themselves. Because apparently a lot of their secretes will be revealed and they won't be happy about this.

U're so cute, and I sincerely wish to know u berra.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by almarthins(m): 3:35am On Nov 25, 2019
mu2sa2:
CAN and christian students are afraid witches and wizards will descend on the university! So their "powerfull" prayer cannot stop the witches and wizards. The same people who are wont to chant "No weapon formed against me....."! Hypocrites, afraid of a mere academic conference. Mrs Uchendu, you are a woman of courage for resisting these fanatics, but be careful they can resort to the unthinkable. Christians are practicing their religion freely and the fanatical hypocrites want to deny witches and wizard their rights. The witches and wizards must be peacemakers indeed to have kept their cool so far. Shame on the troublemakers. This world belongs to all of us - Christians, muslims, ogboni, atheists, witches, wizards etc.

Those who know their God shall do exploit, the bible never told us they would not gather. Coven no reach dem again but they shall surely be scattered.

No be today them they gather. True christians no dey fear that kind conference.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by BackToLife: 6:57am On Nov 25, 2019
Useless power that they never use to do good for themselves or People. They think the use the demons, whereas is the demons just use and dump them. The South elevate witchcraft, yet the useless power is not preventing Northern Flulanis from enslaving the whole South. Satan don use una sense.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 7:40am On Nov 25, 2019
mu2sa2:
CAN and christian students are afraid witches and wizards will descend on the university! So their "powerfull" prayer cannot stop the witches and wizards. The same people who are wont to chant "No weapon formed against me....."! Hypocrites, afraid of a mere academic conference. Mrs Uchendu, you are a woman of courage for resisting these fanatics, but be careful they can resort to the unthinkable. Christians are practicing their religion freely and the fanatical hypocrites want to deny witches and wizard their rights. The witches and wizards must be peacemakers indeed to have kept their cool so far. Shame on the troublemakers. This world belongs to all of us - Christians, muslims, ogboni, atheists, witches, wizards etc.

As a Christian I laugh when I see myopic and Christo-Illiterate tendencies and behaviours of fellow Christians. Hypocrites! I agree with you, but a dangerous one I dare add. First and foremost, universities are academic institution of learning. It is a hub of knowledge, where researches are done and new knowledge are discovered and shared. Universities are not a platform for religious competition.

Secondly, these sets of "Christians" needs to be stopped. They are a potential threat to a free society. They are godless and simply political. They are a potential El-Zakizaki and co.

Thirdly these folks are foolish. Research is an interesting and good phenomenom. As a doctoral student, I have been exposed to researchers in top grade universities in the world who have committed to studies of witches and wizardry in Africa and all over the world. Don't those academic institutions have Chrisitan Students Union? The difference is that they have better use of their time than to commit it to follies
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 7:42am On Nov 25, 2019
sonnie10:
Although it’s an academic event but the reality is that real practioners would attend. What happens in such gathering is that actual rituals are not done because not everyone there is initiated. Usually, basic information is passed and especially since that is not an ideal environment, more like talking about the theory aspect and leaving the practical aspects for practioners.
However, members of certain covens who are present would share invitations and introduction of prospective individuals would take place on the side, must likely without the knowledge of the organizers. Witch craft initiation is always by referrals.
Things might become a little murky if rival groups start acting up especially those who are contesting for supremacy in whatever matter.

In all, don’t except to see flying brooms and boiling cauldrons of spiders and toads because such open event does allow for proper incantations and lacks the materials to enhance the fusion of underworld with the physical.
Rubbish!

1. Even if rituals are performed there, how does that affect you or infringe on your right? If they share invitation, and you're not interested, then what is your problem? If some are interested and take the offer, what is your problem still?

2. Your submission shows that you didn't even bother to read what the conference is about......
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 7:50am On Nov 25, 2019
Danzakidakura:

Mynd44: :
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement

North have been denying Christians freedom of religion up north there. They even chain a PhD holder because he converted to Christianity. So what i feel is all the religions are marking territory. North Muslim,South Christians. So witches should go break new ground because no space for them in Nigerian

This submission will make one of the most senseless post I've read on NL
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 7:52am On Nov 25, 2019
Danzakidakura:
Christians have right to be hypocrite like their Muslim counter part that introduce Sharia in their state.so if Christians want to protect their state its their right. Boy

Today is Dumb-Post-Day
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 7:55am On Nov 25, 2019
Lucid1:

Constitutionally or you're just trying to be smart?

Are ritualists also allowed to practise? I mean the category that pound children to do soap.

...and your interpretation is that the conference is about practices to "pound children to do soap"? Bros this is not a Nollywood event.....
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 8:00am On Nov 25, 2019
Rolex66:

And you are supposed to be a Mod. Referring to Christians as snowflakes shows how uncultured and and untamed you are . A Mod should be an epitome of standards required for a forum like this and not a parochial element.

Unfortunately, you just demonstrated limited comprehension....... So if someone says "All you fake Christians", does that amount to calling all Chrisitian fake?
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 8:02am On Nov 25, 2019
luvtoteach:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement

They have not eaten your head before, if they have, when you see them you will run

Seriously, people like you need to be at a panel discussion in the conference where you can share your experience on how "they ate your head"
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 8:04am On Nov 25, 2019
Keenmind2019:

It's a crime to be a witch. It was passed into law during the era of Arch Bishop Benson idahosa.

What law? Which era was the era of Archbishop Benson Idahosa? According to what constitution?
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 25, 2019
mapet:

...and your interpretation is that the conference is about practices to "pound children to do soap"? Bros this is not a Nollywood event.....

I have nothing against the conference, I was just speaking at large about freedom to worship and assembly requiring vetting and scrutiny. I'm open to ideas and gaining new insights.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by sonnie10: 9:30am On Nov 25, 2019
mapet:

Rubbish!

1. Even if rituals are performed there, how does that affect you or infringe on your right? If they share invitation, and you're not interested, then what is your problem? If some are interested and take the offer, what is your problem still?

2. Your submission shows that you didn't even bother to read what the conference is about......
Are you sure you are mentally stable? Where did I oppose or support the conference in my post?

Moreover, where in the post original post did you read about what the conference is about. I don’t blame you, nairaland has opened your eyes. I believe this is the first time you’ve ever heard of such conference.
This is not boasting, the truth is that you are very privileged to have me talk about this topic with you.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by chinonyinye: 9:38am On Nov 25, 2019
Funny enough she's an MFM member and she and her husband are patrons of the campus fellowship, Nsukka. FYI, its an academic conference oo not witchcraft meeting

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 10:03am On Nov 25, 2019
sonnie10:

Are you sure you are mentally stable? Where did I oppose or support the conference in my post?

Moreover, where in the post original post did you read about what the conference is about. I don’t blame you, nairaland has opened your eyes. I believe this is the first time you’ve ever heard of such conference.
This is not boosting, the truth is that you are very privileged to have me talk about this topic with you.

For someone not "boosting"...........

nuff said
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 10:05am On Nov 25, 2019
Lucid1:

I have nothing against the conference, I was just speaking at large about freedom to worship and assembly requiring vetting and scrutiny. I'm open to ideas and gaining new insights.

It is a conference whose theme is - Witchcraft - Meaning, Factors and Practices. What vetting and scrutiny are you looking at in this context?
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by redsun(m): 10:41am On Nov 25, 2019
The act of witchcraft is nothing other than conscious competence and the quest to unravel the unconscious competence and incompetence of the practitioners.

The knowledge and understanding of one's surroundings are not not part of Nigerian educational system and the only way it can be acquired is by thinking outside the box just like the so-called witches and wizard,that is if they not delusional too,like the so-called Christians.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 / Chigozie, IMSU Best Graduating Student Gets Employment, Car, Scholarship, & More / Chisom Chukwuneke Is Dead. Got 7 A1s In WASSCE (Obituary, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.