Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It (58610 Views)

UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) / UNN To Host Conference On Witchcraft / Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Kehl(m): 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2019
This is an official release from UNN on the Witchcraft seminar ���

IGNORANCE, THE BANE OF OUR SOCIETY
The Witchcraft Saga

The attention of the management of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka has been drawn to the public reactions making the rounds in the social media and other media alike as instigated by some religious activists and fanatics protesting ignorantly on the word WITCHCRAFT in a proposed seminar topic by a Centre instituted to promote academic excellence and research in the university. The Centre had proposed a theme for discussion in an Interdisciplinary and International workshop on witchcraft, to which many scholars and interest groups locally and internationally had shown keen interest to participate as they had hoped to richfully contribute to this academic discourse. Their hope appears to have been dashed as the Vice-Chancellor, has directed that the topic be modified in response to public outcry.

Recall, not too long ago, the UNN came up with the policy of ONE STUDENT, ONE LAPTOP!

The public attacked this policy from a blind spot and threatened fire and brimstone in strong opposition. What happened next is now history.

Late last year (September 2018 to be exact), another campaign based on ignorance was launched against the Faculty of Law-Enugu Campus of the University (UNEC), for an alleged teaching of our second year students, a course in Lesbianism, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender –LGBT rights and it was a campaign of calumny!

We stated then the obvious, that as part of the penal codes of the land, our Law students must graduate with broad-based information in all facets of Law.
Let it be known that the mention of the word or term SEX, does not imply that intercourse has taken place.

If a lecturer in a Social Science class for instance, uses the term celibacy, the class will go on normally. But if he goes further to use the word ASEXUALITY or SEX in its entirety, many will adjust to focus their attention. The religious fanatics whose emogis profer “I hear no evil, I speak no evil, and I see no evil,” will not hesitate to excuse themselves from the class thus, missing out of the main points of the lecture or orientation. The class would then go on to understand that asexuality is a sexual orientation just like bisexuality or heterosexuality, which explains further that asexuality is not the same thing as celibacy, or the decision to abstain from sex. This is an academic discourse and can only be taught in an academic environment like ours devoid of blasphemy.

Today, let it be known for those who care to listen, that WITCHCRAFT is in the front burner of Research Projects in many academic institutions and Centres of excellence of the world – as in South Africa, America and Europe. Professors are emerging from these fields of study. The research methodology and findings have deep roots in Africa and Nigeria is a prime source for their thesis.

The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Charles Igwe, has directed that the topic for the proposed interdisciplinary International Conference by the B.I.C. Ijioma Centre UNN, scheduled to commence on November 26, be changed from its WITCHCRAFT focus.

We hail this stance.
The Vice-Chancellor’s suspension of the topic does not in any way mean that he is shifting gears. The cancellation of the topic for the seminar simply portrays him as an astute administrator with a listening ear. He holds to his dreams of making the University of Nigeria the centre of academic excellence with a tenacity of purpose.

We are not retreating, but advancing in another direction because, we are facilitators of our own creative evolution.
The religious twist to the proposed topic has been orchestrated by a group that try to desnefy academics ignorantly – playing to the gallery.
A conference on Cultism is not a gathering of cultists, as a conference on corruption is not a gathering of corrupt persons, in as much as a conference on terrorism is not a gathering of terrorists.
Lets’ not allow sentiments becloud our sense of reasoning. There is a wall of difference between PLANNING AND PREPARING in as much as we must not mistake perspective for perception.

Our academic guidance is solace for many, even in our pursuit of excellence, “TO RESTORE THE DIGNITY OF MAN”.

Okwun Omeaku - Chief (Dr.) mnipr, FCAI
Ag. PRO

STRAIGT OUTTA UNN... I think I want to attend this... It has generated so much controversy!
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by sonnie10: 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2019
mapet:

As a Christian I laugh when I see myopic and Christo-Illiterate tendencies and behaviours of fellow Christians. Hypocrites! I agree with you, but a dangerous one I dare add. First and foremost, universities are academic institution of learning. It is a hub of knowledge, where researches are done and new knowledge are discovered and shared. Universities are not a platform for religious competition.

Secondly, these sets of "Christians" needs to be stopped. They are a potential threat to a free society. They are godless and simply political. They are a potential El-Zakizaki and co.

Thirdly these folks are foolish. Research is an interesting and good phenomenom. As a doctoral student, I have been exposed to researchers in top grade universities in the world who have committed to studies of witches and wizardry in Africa and all over the world. Don't those academic institutions have Chrisitan Students Union? The difference is that they have better use of their time than to commit it to follies

And you called yourself a PhD student!
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by edoairways: 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
Keenmind2019:

It's a crime to be a witch. It was passed into law during the era of Arch Bishop Benson idahosa.
That is not true
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Philinho(m): 9:45am On Nov 26, 2019
[quote author=doggedfighter post=84314748] You sound so ignorant. [/quote Foolish mind...Cos you can't see beyond your nostril
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 10:26am On Nov 26, 2019
sonnie10:

And you called yourself a PhD student!

What will you rather I call myself? Charlatan like you?
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by sonnie10: 1:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
mapet:

What will you rather I call myself? Charlatan like you?

And you don’t know the difference between need and needs in a sentence?
Audio PhD!
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Putin007: 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
sonnie10:

And you don’t know the difference between need and needs in a sentence?
Audio PhD!

Daft lad! Keep up with the "cherry-picking".. while people are putting their intellect to use.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Rolex66: 12:18am On Nov 27, 2019
mapet:

Unfortunately, you just demonstrated limited comprehension....... So if someone says "All you fake Christians", does that amount to calling all Chrisitian fake?
Just crawl back into the dinghy hole you crawled out of from. Dingbat!
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by sonnie10: 12:47am On Nov 27, 2019
mapet:

Daft lad! Keep up with the "cherry-picking".. while people are putting their intellect to use.
And you had the time to reply over 10 other people on this one topic. You must be really busy with your intelligence.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by sonnie10: 8:26am On Nov 27, 2019
mapet:

This one is a PhD student in a psychiatric ward
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 11:20am On Nov 27, 2019
sonnie10:

And you had the time to reply over 10 other people on this one topic. You must be really busy with your intelligence.

Absolutely yes. They are sane.... you're not
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 11:21am On Nov 27, 2019
Rolex66:

Just crawl back into the dinghy hole you crawled out of from. Dingbat!

grin grin grin grin grin

You see why your intellect malfunctions ?
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by sonnie10: 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2019
mapet:

Absolutely yes. They are sane.... you're not
PhD student! Don’t manufacture your own English language rule, those dots can’t be more than three.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by mapet: 7:15pm On Nov 27, 2019
sonnie10:

PhD student! Don’t manufacture your own English language rule, those dots can’t be more than three.

Ok remove one na, since your brain is working in reverse mode....
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by spafu(m): 9:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
Pataricatering:
Since u don’t do anything by your power why not sit down and let God help u get all d clicks !
I have no power of my own, I completely rely on God to empower me with the ability to do anything. So I am very much in order that on my own I can do nothing. I don't how much power you think you may have, are those lying critically ill in the hospital not human like you? If you actually believe in God, you wouldn't have picked offense with my submission. I pray you find Him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 / Chigozie, IMSU Best Graduating Student Gets Employment, Car, Scholarship, & More / Chisom Chukwuneke Is Dead. Got 7 A1s In WASSCE (Obituary, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.