Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It (58607 Views)

UNN Stops An Academic Conference On Witchcraft (Photos) / UNN To Host Conference On Witchcraft / Esther Eyiuche Uchendu Wins 2018 Young Scientist Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by oilykid(m): 7:07am On Nov 24, 2019
maynation:
If you are going to attend, let's gather here please.

I will be attending too..hope it will be interesting cheesy cheesy..

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Enemyofpeace: 7:07am On Nov 24, 2019
kenodrill:

Could you please explain the meaning of what you wrote...
I said she is boat a witch and a wizard
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 24, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
From what I see, it's a conference based on research on witchcraft. Probably to expose and sensitize people. This doesn't mean it's a congregation of witches and wizards naa! Nigerians and unfounded superstitions and sentiments.

Hey, would you be around on that day? I have booked 2 spaces. Make we go see the witches.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Ubdavis(m): 7:07am On Nov 24, 2019
jesusjnr:
We should do what the Lord asks us to do.

Matthew 24:43 (KJV)

43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

what if im not a christian?
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Mshad662(m): 7:08am On Nov 24, 2019
fastseo:
Witches holding conference shocked

The world has Evolved to this bro.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 24, 2019
They could have researched about d great witch purge in Europe, what led to it and it's after effects. People should calm down and use their intellectual senses.

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by MrBONE2(m): 7:09am On Nov 24, 2019
Ladylite:
Jesusjnr are we to pray or just watch

Both grin

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Putin007: 7:10am On Nov 24, 2019
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by leofab(f): 7:11am On Nov 24, 2019
Nigerian youths are myopic.... joining one useless can beer President to talk Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by OneKinGuy(m): 7:11am On Nov 24, 2019
if I where to be in Enugu, I will definitely attent the conference. Am sick and tired of boring sundays in church grin

3 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Mshad662(m): 7:11am On Nov 24, 2019
People that attended will take pictures and Tag them.

#Witchesconfrence19

'Chilling with my fellow witches and Wizard.

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 24, 2019
truthsayer009:

Hey, would you be around on that day? I have booked 2 spaces. Make we go see the witches.
Hey nkegi there. Thx I'm good. Christian fanatics might go crazy and do something stupid on that day.

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 24, 2019
masterP042:
Finally sha, I am beginning to understand why this country is the way it is. We don't read, we don't investigate, we just swallow what the hell we're being told. Ignorant pastors and groups jumping up and down to castigate what they don't know of. This is an academic conference, for the purpose of study and enlightenment on an issue most of us are always bothered about yet we don't understand.
Our prayers are always about fighting witches yet, we don't even truly understand the concept, and here is an opportunity, yet we're close minded enough to fight it.
We always want to be civilized and developed like other countries, we are quick to blame our leaders, but sorry Nigerians, the earlier we become more open minded, tolerant, able to investigate and ask reasonable questions, seek knowledge and rightly apply it; even if we have good leaders we won't really see the effect.

nigerians are fking zombies in matters of religion most of the time. completely unable to reason straight. years ago, at a PTA conference, i was talking about watching ben ten cartoons with my son. and this fool jumped up and said ben ten cartoons were from the devil, don't talk about them, my pastor told me he had a dream where he went to hell and found all the ben ten aliens were demons in hell . and grown men started nodding their heads in agreement.

and the convoluted reasoning around witches, particularly child witches, is even more bizarre. you say a child is a witch and is the reason for her parent's poverty. if you sell your soul to satan, is it not for the riches of this world? why will you make your parents poor when you will be the one suffering from the poverty?

if the christian God is all powerful, a convention of some minions of satan will do nothing. or witches don't hold convention every other day? grin

7 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Mynd44: 7:13am On Nov 24, 2019
truthsayer009:

True, I'm guessing you are an atheist just like Seun?

Funny thing about our witches is, the ones that would come out are learners. An African witch wouldn't expose herself/himself, infact the main strength of a witch is deception.
I am a Christian getting ready for church.

Christians need to ease up and learn to respect the rights of others

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by maynation(f): 7:14am On Nov 24, 2019
Putin007:
We r all students of something, don't worry, will brief u the live proceedings of the activity

Brief me?
Thought I made it known already that I'll be there ?

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Jabioro: 7:14am On Nov 24, 2019
Who are the Christian's ,or who the religious..most of them are witchcraft,they hide under religion to do their evil.. whoever that wanted to stop that conference has something to hide

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by farem: 7:15am On Nov 24, 2019
johnmattew:
just imagine if it was a northern states that did this to Christians.......

how come we Christians aren't crying Christianisation' of UNN but cry Islamisation when northernerws do something similar

I hate hypocrites

freedom of worship is still a right

In one breath, you guys are saying it is not gathering of witches and that it is a mere discussion. I n another breath, you are calling it religion. Which one are you promoting?
Come clean and clear and let people know.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by four44: 7:15am On Nov 24, 2019
Lol, Nigeria my country, country that is full of hypocrites, do not be surprise most of the people protesting against this programme visit witches or wizards on daily or weekly or monthly bases
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 24, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Hey nkegi there. Thx I'm good. Christian fanatics might go crazy and do something stupid on that day.

grin grin

I won't even be worried one bit, witches don't even operate in the physical lmao.

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by uhuruwarri: 7:16am On Nov 24, 2019
Let us focus positively on the CRAFT in witchcraft . maybe they will crash the price of flight tickets,
Put an end to corruption
Give us a better and less expensive security option.

Maybe the will discover the final recipe to end hiv/aids

Lets see what they can offer.churches are still hurting us daily ,CAN and government are not protecting us

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by winterfell007(m): 7:16am On Nov 24, 2019
masterP042:
Finally sha, I am beginning to understand why this country is the way it is. We don't read, we don't investigate, we just swallow what the hell we're being told. Ignorant pastors and groups jumping up and down to castigate what they don't know of. This is an academic conference, for the purpose of study and enlightenment on an issue most of us are always bothered about yet we don't understand.
Our prayers are always about fighting witches yet, we don't even truly understand the concept, and here is an opportunity, yet we're close minded enough to fight it.
We always want to be civilized and developed like other countries, we are quick to blame our leaders, but sorry Nigerians, the earlier we become more open minded, tolerant, able to investigate and ask reasonable questions, seek knowledge and rightly apply it; even if we have good leaders we won't really see the effect.

A million dollar quote you just typed. I'm definitely copying this. You've actually pointed out the basic truth of an average Nigerian: myopic, ignorant, unwilling to have an open mind and easily dissuaded to follow an established precedence with question...

2 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by chibaby1985(f): 7:17am On Nov 24, 2019
It should be moved to the NORTH grin
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by winterfell007(m): 7:19am On Nov 24, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
From what I see, it's a conference based on research on witchcraft. Probably to expose and sensitize people. This doesn't mean it's a congregation of witches and wizards naa! Nigerians and unfounded superstitions and sentiments.

That's why I alluded someone's post that an average Nigerian is myopic and unwilling to have an open mind, they tend to be fixated with the norm..
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Hotzone(m): 7:19am On Nov 24, 2019
Caesar group

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by chizzyglow: 7:20am On Nov 24, 2019
babadem2much:
Something that is done in the hidden, at night inside a thick forest fa, now gradually na for our domot dem wan come do meeting with confidence.
If na una habit we go see m

A conference on witches and wizard... not a gathering and ritual ceremony of witches and wizard why re we so ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by UrVillagePpl: 7:22am On Nov 24, 2019
netpro:
[s]Everyone should have the right to divergent views, as long as it within the purview of the law.

We can be too judgemental and sanctimonious at times.

I see nothing bad in an academic discussions on the topic. [/s]

Too much grammar.. grin grin
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by Revolva(m): 7:22am On Nov 24, 2019
Make Dem hold am abeg sharply
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by itsme01: 7:22am On Nov 24, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
They could have researched about d great witch purge in Europe, what led to it and it's after effects. People should calm down and use their intellectual senses.

research a genocide lol... europeans would never allow that, and nothing is great about that babaric act
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by coputa(m): 7:23am On Nov 24, 2019
witchcraft is not a religion,it's a fraternity,they operate under night cover(darkness) spiritually.
They should hold their conference under that cover.
Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by seguno2: 7:24am On Nov 24, 2019
Mynd44:
Witches and Wizards have

1. Freedom of religion
2. Freedom of speech
3. Freedom of movement
4. Freedom of association.

All you snowflake Christians should go sit somewhere and allow people do their stuff. Isnt that the Love Jesus preached?

Would you say that if Muslims complained about the programme

1 Like

Re: Egodi Uchendu: UNN ‘Witchcraft’ Conference Will Hold, Christians Can’t Stop It by aspiring44: 7:24am On Nov 24, 2019
What is the hullabaloo about these conference.

A tertiary can try to seek divergent views on something they crave to believe and its possibly a demystification of existence on witches and wizard .

I am very sure is backed by UNESCO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 / Chigozie, IMSU Best Graduating Student Gets Employment, Car, Scholarship, & More / Chisom Chukwuneke Is Dead. Got 7 A1s In WASSCE (Obituary, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.