Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised (1911 Views)

Corporal Matthew Isaac Arrested For Dancing & Singing To Cult Song In Ebonyi / The Woman Of Onitsha Fire Outburst And Her Baby To Be Laid To Rest / R. Kelly Bank In Custody After Court Appearance And Interview Outburst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by TheSourcerer: 7:55am On Nov 24, 2019
So Anjeliqe kidjo was Burna boys Grammy nominee partner, So I looked her up , she voice and songs are just so wonderful , I'm sure you remember 'we are one ' from Lion king,Afrika ,Voodoo Child , Yup that's her She literally one of the evergreen musicians, so I watched her hit Single Song We We, . Haven't I heard the song before? The beat and even song pattern sounded more 21'st century to me, then it hit me
It was practically the Same as Anybody -Burna boy
I am utterly disgusted by this Act of plagiarism Burna boy performed ,, that explains why your lyrics were just to knack anybody around and gooffy head bops ,
From a Disgusted Fan

Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by booblacain(m): 8:07am On Nov 24, 2019
The part of the song was sampled not stolen. How do you know that Burns boy did not take permission to use that part in his song? If it was in quote stolen, I am sure Angelica Kidjo would have said something about it by now, after all she is still alive. Take a breather oga.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by baggy4luv(m): 8:09am On Nov 24, 2019
sure
Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by TheSourcerer: 8:18am On Nov 24, 2019
booblacain:
The part of the song was sampled not stolen. How do you know that Burns boy did not take permission to use that part in his song? If it was in quote stolen, I am sure Angelica Kidjo would have said something about it by now, after all she is still alive. Take a breather oga.
They may have never seen eye to eye
And I did my research on copyright , this was downright plagiarised

1 Like

Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by nairamaniac: 8:29am On Nov 24, 2019
Its going to be really shameful if burna boy did this without permission.

Its true ohhhh. Jesu!!!

I just went to YouTube to watch her's. Burna boy stole both the song and looks from her.

I'm sure Angelique Kidjo would just get him arrested at the venue of the awards.
Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by kayspark27(m): 8:30am On Nov 24, 2019
And burna featured her on his album too just know !

2 Likes

Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by booblacain(m): 8:32am On Nov 24, 2019
TheSourcerer:
They have never seen eye to eye
And I made my research on copyright , this was downright plagiarised

In this present world of global connectivity, it is quite naive of you to think Angelica Kidjo has to see Burna boy eye to eye in other to raise issues with him concerning copyright matters.

You did not do any research. You probably saw someone mention the similarity somewhere online and decided to listen to the song yourself, that is all the research you did. You know nothing about what went on behind the making of the song, so I advice you stop trolling and find something better to do with your time.

5 Likes

Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by TheSourcerer: 8:35am On Nov 24, 2019
booblacain:

In this present world of global connectivity, it is quite naive of you to think Angelica Kidjo has to see Burna boy eye to eye in other to raise issues with him concerning copyright matters.

You did not do any research. You probably saw someone mention the similarity somewhere online and decided to listen to the song yourself, that is all the research you did. You know nothing about what went on behind the making of the song, so I advice you stop trolling and find something better to do with your time.
Nobody has written or posted this online I searched , Burna boys people StFU , I'm from pH , I don't hate him , i Hate the fact his recent song was plagiarised WTF do you support wrong acts
Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by kestolove95(m): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2019
TheSourcerer:
They have never seen eye to eye
And I made my research on copyright , this was downright plagiarised
dey never see eye2eye and burna boy feature her in his album
Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by TheSourcerer: 8:54am On Nov 24, 2019
kestolove95:
dey never see eye2eye and burna boy feature her in his album
did you see them in any video together ?
Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by Parablesonmarble: 9:02am On Nov 24, 2019
Angelique Kidjo is part Yoruba from Benin Republic that lives in New York and has Fela as one of her major influences. She's already an iconic Afrobeat/ Afro-fusion queen that would possibly give encouragement to younger artistes just to advance the genre e.g. her work with Yemi Alade. Burna boy is part Yoruba raised in Southern Nigeria, next door to Benin Republic. He has a strong tie to Fela and he frequents U.S. and U.K. Presently, he is the most celebrated Afrobeat/Afrofusion artiste from Nigeria. What are the odds that Angelique and Burna have met and talked music? If Angelique would encourage Yemi Alade (another part Yoruba), then why not Burna? If speaking Yoruba, or singing afrobeat or being West African or being prodigiously talented or spending time in U.S. are the commonalities that gives younger artistes access to Angelique, i think Burna's got it all.Until Angelique speak up about Burna plagiarizing her work, I won't hold brief for her.

1 Like

Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by TheSourcerer: 9:03am On Nov 24, 2019
kayspark27:
And burna featured her on his album too just know !
I know, because I featured Chris Brown dosn't give me legal right to use any of his songs and pass it as mine , that's what Burna did he used her beats , her pattern ,her chrous Rhythm,
Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by TheSourcerer: 9:06am On Nov 24, 2019
Parablesonmarble:
Angelique Kidjo is part Yoruba from Benin Republic that lives in New York and has Fela as one of her major influences. She's already an iconic Afrobeat/ Afro-fusion queen that would possibly give encouragement to younger artistes just to advance the genre e.g. her work with Yemi Alade. Burna boy is part Yoruba raised in Southern Nigeria, next door to Benin Republic. He has a strong tie to Fela and he frequents U.S. and U.K. Presently, he is the most celebrated Afrobeat/Afrofusion artiste from Nigeria. What are the odds that Angelique and Burna have met and talked music? If Angelique would encourage Yemi Alade (another part Yoruba), then why not Burna? If speaking Yoruba, or singing afrobeat or being West African or being prodigiously talented or spending time in U.S. are the commonalities that gives younger artistes access to Angelique, i think Burna's got it all.Until Angelique speak up about Burna plagiarizing her work, I won't hold brief for her.
I respect your stance , it's just I lost all 'love ' I had for him , if he copied this song , I wonder other songs he done this much ,
Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by dake40(m): 10:33am On Nov 24, 2019
Wombolobo comes to mind
Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by TheSourcerer: 10:38pm On Nov 24, 2019
dake40:
Wombolobo comes to mind
another beautiful song ,repping Africa with no fear that woman ,
Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by Catchfirez: 11:41pm On Nov 24, 2019
See as Nairalander dey use panadol for another person headache.

2 Likes

Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by charcoal(m): 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2019
booblacain:

she was even featured in the album don't mind op
Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by tiger28: 5:00am On Nov 26, 2019
What's all these noise about Do you know if Burna has compensated her for the SAMPLING? Their is a STANDARD FORMULA as per international copyright ASCAP law that's paid in this case .Angelique would have sued him LONG AGO if her song was stolen so pls face your LIFE ... UNLESS you are Angelique manager jorr!
Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by tiger28: 5:03am On Nov 26, 2019
Parablesonmarble:
I loveee this response, obviously you don't live in Nigeria so your perspective is very enlightened.
Re: Fan Outburst: Burna Boy Anjeliqe Kidjos Song In Anybody was Plagiarised by TheSourcerer: 10:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
tiger28:
I loveee this response, obviously you don't live in Nigeria so your perspective is very enlightened.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Nurse Dies Few Hours After Being Found Unconscious On Nahco Bridge In Lagos / If You Got Scammed. Come Here .. We Help In Tracking And Getting Info On Such.. / 14- Years Allegedly Raped And Strangled His Ten 10-years Cousin Sister To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.