Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? (354 Views)

Can Someone Who Is Born Again Not Know The Date He Or She Was Born Again? / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by paxonel(m): 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2019
You will agree with in me that those who calls themselves born again are all chronic sinners like anyone else.
All the born again people i have ever known starting from the days i used to call myself born again till this moment i have come to know this truth, they are all terrible, miserable subtle and dangerous people, dangerous to even themselves unknowingly.

like the Pharisees in the bible they put on garments appearing to be modest, but meanwhile, deep in their heart they are not different from anyone else. grin

Now, look at it this way : almost more than half of Nigerian Christian population claim to be born again. These people go to church every Sunday and a vast number of them have become politicians, administrators, governors, presidents, vice-presidents, head of council's, senators, house of representatives etc. But guess what? Nothing has changed in the corrupt status of the nation in quote. Rather, things are even becoming worst.

What does this tells you?
There is nothing like born again in the real sense

1 Like

Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by paxonel(m): 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2019
Yes
Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by paxonel(m): 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2019
OK
Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by paxonel(m): 3:40pm On Nov 24, 2019
good one
Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by paxonel(m): 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2019
Nice
Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by yinkajewole: 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2019
Why replying yourself?
Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by paxonel(m): 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2019
yinkajewole:
Why replying yourself?
because the thread is on NL
Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2019
Becoming born again is not an end to a sinful life.

This is because most of the people who got Born again refuse to become Disciples of the Lord.

The only way to deal with a sinful life, is to become a disciple.

Difference Between Believer and Disciple

1. Believer have his will and desires, he is not ready to surrender then to the Lord. He wants the Lord to bless his personal will and desire

Disciple normally submits all his will and desire to the Lord. He wants to do the Will Of the Lord rather than his own.

2. Believer is not interested in making any sacrifice for the gospel.

Disciple is willing to bare burdens, if possible suffer for the faith.

3. Believer is more interested in what God will do for them

Disciple is more interested in what to do for the Lord.

4. Summary
The believer lives for himself. He is still selfish

Disciple lives for Christ. He is selfless.

Now, only those who have died to self, who live a selfless life, can experience victory over sin.
Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by paxonel(m): 7:54pm On Nov 24, 2019
dVIA:
Becoming born again is not an end to a sinful life.

This is because most of the people who got Born again refuse to become Disciples of the Lord.

The only way to deal with a sinful life, is to become a disciple.

Difference Between Believer and Disciple

1. Believer have his will and desires, he is not ready to surrender then to the Lord. He wants the Lord to bless his personal will and desire

Disciple normally submits all his will and desire to the Lord. He wants to do the Will Of the Lord rather than his own.

2. Believer is not interested in making any sacrifice for the gospel.

Disciple is willing to bare burdens, if possible suffer for the faith.

3. Believer is more interested in what God will do for them

Disciple is more interested in what to do for the Lord.

4. Summary
The believer lives for himself. He is still selfish

Disciple lives for Christ. He is selfless.

Now, only those who have died to self, who live a selfless life, can experience victory over sin.

we have read that some disciples like Peter were found committing sin an Paul rebuked Peter for it.
Even Paul himself said he is not free of sin.

Does that mean that Peter was a mere believer and not a disciple?
Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by yinkajewole: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2019
the fact that you are born again does not mean you cannot misbehave. after salvation, there is need for sanctification, that is trying to uproot the root of bad characters and attitude by getting closer to the saviour till you become a perfect man. This process do last for a lifetime. It may take 10 yrs for a born again to be completely free from lying
Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 29, 2020
paxonel:
we have read that some disciples like Peter were found committing sin an Paul rebuked Peter for it.
Even Paul himself said he is not free of sin.

Does that mean that Peter was a mere believer and not a disciple?

What sin did Peter commit at which Paul rebuked him?

Did Paul say he was not free from?
I think you read just part.
Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
paxonel:
You will agree with in me that those who calls themselves born again are all chronic sinners like anyone else.
All the born again people i have ever known starting from the days i used to call myself born again till this moment i have come to know this truth, they are all terrible, miserable subtle and dangerous people, dangerous to even themselves unknowingly.

like the Pharisees in the bible they put on garments appearing to be modest, but meanwhile, deep in their heart they are not different from anyone else. grin

Now, look at it this way : almost more than half of Nigerian Christian population claim to be born again. These people go to church every Sunday and a vast number of them have become politicians, administrators, governors, presidents, vice-presidents, head of council's, senators, house of representatives etc. But guess what? Nothing has changed in the corrupt status of the nation in quote. Rather, things are even becoming worst.

Was there a thing like CBA- Community born again grin? Being BA has always been personal but True very many fail at it.

But there are some who do well in having The Lord as their Father, though they are very very few, especially in these days.
Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by paxonel(m): 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Was there a thing like CBA- Community born again grin? Being BA has always been personal but True very many fail at it.

But there are some who do well in having The Lord as their Father, though they are very very few, especially in these days.
you are right!
There are some of them who are doing well.

But most of them?...
Consider, this guy on a looted materials below.
He may also call himself born again, it is personal.

Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2020
paxonel:
you are right!
There are some of them who are doing well.

But most of them?...
Consider, this guy on a looted materials below.
He may also call himself born again, it is personal.

grin oh boy, you are out for all wrong doers today!
Re: Is Born Again Life Free Of Sin? by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
paxonel:

A born again(one who not only believes in but obeys the commandments that is Jesus Christ, the New Covenant) is not one who is without sin. As long as we remain human and have not been perfected much as Christ is, we will sin every now and then.
However, a born again (one who not only believes in but obeys the commandments that is Jesus Christ, the New Covenant) is completely free of the condemnation of sin which is death (perish in the grave)! What this means is that after being saved from the condemnation of sin that is death(perish in the grave) by believing in Jesus Christ, no matter how much sin a person(believer) commits afterwards, that person will never again be condemned to die/perish in the grave/cease to exist upon death. This is the message contained in the Gospel of John that many of you repeat all day long about God without in fact realizing the meaning of

John 3 vs 16-21 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16. “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
19. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
21. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
Unfortunately, Salvation from the condemnation of sin that is death(perish in the grave) is no guarantee that one will spend eternity in Heaven, as some of those who are saved will in fact end up spending that gift of eternity in Hell. Later on, in the same gospel of John( Chapters 14 -16) we learn more about separating those who obey from those who do not obey and the work of the Spirit inside of those who obey).

(1) (Reply)

The Experience Lagos 2019 - All What You Need To Know / Johnson Cross+nation Reacts On The Life Of Today's Young Christians / Remember, The World Is Currently Celebrating The Birth Of The Anti-christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.